Cornwall Football Forum

The Way Too Early Transfer Rumour Thread (2019 Version)

8 hours ago, Roy of the Rovers said:

Latest Helston rumours.

Helston Chairman and Steve Massey both in Portugal (this is not a rumour and can easily be confirmed with a twitter search) for the Nations League Cup and scouting new signings for upcoming season. Original plan was to agree terms with John Stone to help bolster the Helston defence.  But after his display yesterday, they decided to go after Harry Kane  as not only did he put in a better defensive display last night than Stones, but Massey was overheard saying he would be a useful back up if either Goldsworthy or Eddy are injured, or get lost walking the mile from their homes to Kellaway Park on home match days.

in order to help raise the $100 million signing on bonus for Kane, Helston AFC will be appearing in the new season of Dragons Den where they are asking for £1,000,000 in exchange for 1% equity in HAFC.  Paul Hendy Chairman said he would be willing to throw in a couple of season tickets and a half time pasty if needed to sweeten the deal. The other  £99 million is coming from the home games 50/50 raffle, where tickets will now cost £1 million each.

Before you all scoff at this information it must be true, as I was told it by regular CFF contributor Leeds Utd, while sharing a pint with him at the “Pigs with Wings” exhibition at the Royal Cornwall Show.  Following several pints of triple strength “Bodmin Baloney”  I left him at the cattle ring where he was busy shovelling the bullshit.

Best regards to all

Roy

Just heard the Kane deal has fallen through, but Jordan Annear signing for Real Madrid after Eden Hazard decides to sign for St Austell.  

Someone on here trying to deflect from the truth ... Funny you mention 'Dragons Den ' as that cash is probably funding the project .... If you get my drift !?

No problem with it, relax. Players talk, it's a small place Cornwall, big money on offer in West Cornwall this season 

On ‎08‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 07:09, leedsunited said:

...............it's a small place Cornwall,...………...

From what I read in most threads on here it`s a vast wilderness where it takes days to travel and costs huge sums in petrol money.

Rumour has it that Newquay Airport has secured £20 million investment to open a Spaceport just to service the needs of the SWPL West teams ?

When you look at expenses of £200 + , think about it £800 a month ( that's a heavy mortgage paid for ) , are these players really that good ? 

I do not think so .

If you were to pay Rocky Neal or Levi Landricombe that ( as match winners / game changers ) well maybe for the bigger picture . But even the very average player seems to get £50 -£70+ a game .

This is crazy in my eyes .  Just a very very smaller scale of what the hells going on with football like the Permier league figures .

Cant quite get my head round it :huh:

Just my opinion.

8 minutes ago, THE BALD ONE said:

When you look at expenses of £200 + , think about it £800 a month ( that's a heavy mortgage paid for ) , are these players really that good ? 

I do not think so .

If you were to pay Rocky Neal or Levi Landricombe that ( as match winners / game changers ) well maybe for the bigger picture . But even the very average player seems to get £50 -£70+ a game .

This is crazy in my eyes .  Just a very very smaller scale of what the hells going on with football like the Permier league figures .

Cant quite get my head round it :huh:

Just my opinion.

Stop living in the past son. To take these players away from their club to a 'smaller club' has to take something big, and they have a guy who has plenty of money and is prepared to pay it. If it ends in Helston winning the league and getting promoted you'd have to say it's worth it. As long as you don't put the club in debt (which obviously isn't going to happen with Massey), players are worth whatever clubs are willing to pay.

14 minutes ago, THE BALD ONE said:

My opinion lad ................. If clubs can afford it and win promotion , crack on .

But as I said , I do not think the players are worth this sort of money .

Totally agree, the money spent on "expenses" for pretty average players is frightening. But it's been like this for as long as I can remember. No problem as long as the benefactor sticks around, but when they lose interest the trouble begins.

6 minutes ago, Way Of The Park said:

Totally agree, the money spent on "expenses" for pretty average players is frightening. But it's been like this for as long as I can remember. No problem as long as the benefactor sticks around, but when they lose interest the trouble begins.

Truro City being a good example but it was good while it lasted. Live the dream if you get the chance.

Liam Eddy is a 30 goal season striker every year and he will propbarly win the league for Helston with the ammount of goals he will score and if Helston want to pay silly money thats there business and people are just jealous that they can afford it .I would like to see who St Austell will get to replace Eddy i think it will be either the Torpoint player Cloke Or Liskeards Lorenz

Was up at Helston FC over the weekend and  Leeds Utd didn't quite give the full story but was close,  both Eddy and Goldsworthy have had new houses brought for them while, Slater and Brokenshire turned down Bodmin even though they were offered the freedom of Bodmin, reason being they wanted to play their home games in front of more than a couple of supporters, on another note Mr Massey thought he had lost  his captain KIrk Davies to his local club Penryn after word got out the old groundsman offered to go back and work for the council to cover the cost but i'm led to believe Davies turned them down as the small pitch would hinder his darting runs from full back, and don't get me started on the Tommo and Blakey saga both left the reserves for Porthleven as two of their players (Howlett, Stidwell )were approached by the first team and if the deal goes through Hughie will have a Tree named after him because he wants to save the world and Ben will have the kitchen named after him as he likes the after match food.I will leave the  other storeys I was witnessed too out of this thread as they were slightly exaggerated. 

People just enjoy your football whether your playing or watching

56 minutes ago, Smiler said:

Was up at Helston FC over the weekend and  Leeds Utd didn't quite give the full story but was close,  both Eddy and Goldsworthy have had new houses brought for them while, Slater and Brokenshire turned down Bodmin even though they were offered the freedom of Bodmin, reason being they wanted to play their home games in front of more than a couple of supporters, on another note Mr Massey thought he had lost  his captain KIrk Davies to his local club Penryn after word got out the old groundsman offered to go back and work for the council to cover the cost but i'm led to believe Davies turned them down as the small pitch would hinder his darting runs from full back, and don't get me started on the Tommo and Blakey saga both left the reserves for Porthleven as two of their players (Howlett, Stidwell )were approached by the first team and if the deal goes through Hughie will have a Tree named after him because he wants to save the world and Ben will have the kitchen named after him as he likes the after match food.I will leave the  other storeys I was witnessed too out of this thread as they were slightly exaggerated. 

People just enjoy your football whether your playing or watching

Made me laugh again smiler..keep posting...please.

Am I the only one failing to see what a bargain Helston have got in signing 4 St. Austell players or alleged to have ? All 4 are passed they’re best and injured for good parts of seasons none of them influence games anymore certainly not last season’s performance’s.With the dumbing down of the league next season I’m sure Helston would do ok without-having to waste money on has been’s 

6 hours ago, Zac said:

Stop living in the past son. To take these players away from their club to a 'smaller club' has to take something big, and they have a guy who has plenty of money and is prepared to pay it. If it ends in Helston winning the league and getting promoted you'd have to say it's worth it. As long as you don't put the club in debt (which obviously isn't going to happen with Massey), players are worth whatever clubs are willing to pay.

Such arrogance!! Smaller club? How are you quantifying this? As for "their club" I think you will find that Liam and Goldie are returning to "their club"  but don't let the truth get in the way of envy lol

27 minutes ago, beacon said:

Am I the only one failing to see what a bargain Helston have got in signing 4 St. Austell players or alleged to have ? All 4 are passed they’re best and injured for good parts of seasons none of them influence games anymore certainly not last season’s performance’s.With the dumbing down of the league next season I’m sure Helston would do ok without-having to waste money on has been’s 

So Bodmin wouldn't want any of them then???

8 minutes ago, le boss said:

Such arrogance!! Smaller club? How are you quantifying this? As for "their club" I think you will find that Liam and Goldie are returning to "their club"  but don't let the truth get in the way of envy lol

I'm a complete neutral on the matter so I'm not sure what makes you think I'm being arrogant by speaking facts.

The term 'smaller club' without a definition is open to interpretation. I meant Helston are a 'smaller club' based on league position and cup performances in recent years. I'm not 87 years old so I know nothing about either of the clubs respective histories - what I do know is that only a few years ago St Austell were winning the Peninsula League and FA Vase Semi-Finalists -  around the same time Helston were still in Peninsula Div 1, admittedly impressing. The gap has certainly closed a lot since then, but it's kind of like comparing Chelsea to Wolves. 

When I say they are leaving 'their club' it clearly means the club they are signed to - regardless of who they used to play for. They are leaving 'their current club' to join 'their previous club'. Hopefully you are intelligent enough to understand that now.

3 minutes ago, Zac said:

I'm a complete neutral on the matter so I'm not sure what makes you think I'm being arrogant by speaking facts.

The term 'smaller club' without a definition is open to interpretation. I meant Helston are a 'smaller club' based on league position and cup performances in recent years. I'm not 87 years old so I know nothing about either of the clubs respective histories - what I do know is that only a few years ago St Austell were winning the Peninsula League and FA Vase Semi-Finalists -  around the same time Helston were still in Peninsula Div 1, admittedly impressing. The gap has certainly closed a lot since then, but it's kind of like comparing Chelsea to Wolves. 

When I say they are leaving 'their club' it clearly means the club they are signed to - regardless of who they used to play for. They are leaving 'their current club' to join 'their previous club'. Hopefully you are intelligent enough to understand that now.

Perhaps your choice of words was a little misguided and therefore did not convey what you were alluding to. If you are merely quantifying a club via recent success then it is generally accepted that St Austell are the club most aspire to. There are, however, many other factors which perhaps should enter the calculations. And yes, I am intelligent enough to understand now that you have clarified your comments

7 hours ago, Mick Throbsaw said:

By the looks of things Launceston seem to be flashing the cash this season.  Be interested to see if they keep that up!

I think you’ll find that just because Launceston are making lots of changes that it won’t involve large chunks of money like some other clubs. You could say the same about Ivybridge but I know that they are on a low budget.

If you take the two clubs home support I would say they would generate no more than 25/30 home supporters each game And the majority of any crowds would be away fans in most circumstances.(Not exactly big money spending clubs)

I can tell you that one of the new signings will definitely be on less money than he was at his previous club and that would probably be the similar situation for a number of them.

Football at the end of the day, is a hobby for most at this level and It’s not always about what you can earn and what certain clubs will pay out.Or even what trophies you can win.

Maybe it’s just a case of the new manager being very persuasive and actively building a good young squad, admittedly some not so local to Launceston  but good young fresh talent.

I for one,wish them luck And it will be very interesting to see how well the likes of Launceston do against the big spenders.

How can you call the players that have gone to Helston Has beens all good players and Liam Eddy is one of the best strikers around just ask Plymouth Parkway last season he destroyed them ,and Slates and Brocks 2 great players and Smokies likes them as well ,also thought Martin Giles was still at St Austell anyway he only left because he couldnt get on with the manager Mulready at the time .Why would Slates and Brocks wont o go back to Bodmin they been there already last season why go back be interesting to see who Bodmin have in there team  for the new season i expect they will have a good side when the season starts they could be saving a lot of money this year because it doesnt look Cardiff will be there this year they are off touring around North America .Looking forward to the new season and pre season friendlies my 1st will be up the road from me at Newquay to see them play St Mawgan .

Has there been any announcements from Bodmin yet?

Speaking to a Senior figure at the club, they are bringing in Curtis Damerell and another to be confirmed from Millbrook and 1 or 2 from Saltash who are apparently being released.

Launceston also seem to have done some good business already and would agree with someone above that a little cash injection has been thrown there way, Thackeray and the lad McCabe never come cheap.

Watched several Callington games last season and surprised to see the much regarded tall young CB leave for Saltash although he always looked like a class act. Have they brought anyone in yet to replace him yet as was also informed that long serving CB Dan Jefferis has left?? Also new Management confirmed?

Helston though look to be top of pile in regards to signings, 4 top notch players who would all come with ££ above their heads but ultimately are all winners and should see Helston in the top 3 guaranteed!! 

Alarm bells seem to be ringing at St Austell apparently. A lot of people seem to be disgruntled with what the Manager and assistant are being paid and the word is they are using this time until a bigger job becomes available at Xmas whilst still picking up a decent £ in the process. Chapman, Reski and Hart seem to be the only players staying although two of them have working connections with Hodge so no surprise there.

32 minutes ago, teflon123 said:

Speaking to a Senior figure at the club, they are bringing in Curtis Damerell and another to be confirmed from Millbrook and 1 or 2 from Saltash who are apparently being released.

Launceston also seem to have done some good business already and would agree with someone above that a little cash injection has been thrown there way, Thackeray and the lad McCabe never come cheap.

Watched several Callington games last season and surprised to see the much regarded tall young CB leave for Saltash although he always looked like a class act. Have they brought anyone in yet to replace him yet as was also informed that long serving CB Dan Jefferis has left?? Also new Management confirmed?

Helston though look to be top of pile in regards to signings, 4 top notch players who would all come with ££ above their heads but ultimately are all winners and should see Helston in the top 3 guaranteed!! 

Alarm bells seem to be ringing at St Austell apparently. A lot of people seem to be disgruntled with what the Manager and assistant are being paid and the word is they are using this time until a bigger job becomes available at Xmas whilst still picking up a decent £ in the process. Chapman, Reski and Hart seem to be the only players staying although two of them have working connections with Hodge so no surprise there.

Senior figure at Bodmin!?. Unless Ur talking about Gilbert, none of the rest including the Chairman don't get involved. And that did come from the Senior figure of the club

51 minutes ago, teflon123 said:

Heard Chapman might be going veryan to play outfield 

22 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

I'll for go winning anything to keep our land and club.

As long as you and the Older Supporters Club (Falmouth Branch) are happy playing in the Fish and Chip leagues thats all that counts. Hope you enjoy your days out at Mullion St Just and Carharrack next season, oh and I nearly forgot Pendeen. :thumbsup:

1 minute ago, Rayvon said:

As long as you and the Older Supporters Club (Falmouth Branch) are happy playing in the Fish and Chip leagues thats all that counts. Hope you enjoy your days out at Mullion St Just and Carharrack next season, oh and I nearly forgot Pendeen. :thumbsup:

I like fish and chips...like a lot of others.

Where are you playing this year, next year, or any year?

Enjoy your roller coaster...while it's  still there.

Some daft figures being mentioned on here which I don't believe.

Hereford FC, National League North, some players are full time, some semi-professional, The basic wage is £375 a week plus individual sponsorship money plus individuals dipping into their own pockets for the funding of  "better" players. Manager is full-time as are a couple of other club management.

Club breaks even, not allowed to spend more than income as that are the rules laid down by the Supporters Trust. 

Trust's 50/50 money was being used to buy shares in the club but due to financial constraints is now paying the wages of 2 of the players. Funds are tight even in National North. 

Gates last season, an average of 2.200 and we nearly overspent. So that is why i do not believe most of these figures being banded about.

17 hours ago, TimmyRaa said:

Saltash have announced the signing of striker Jason Vincent from Cribbs FC,  good to see a club looking further afield for players.

This was in the pipeline after they played each other last season in the Vase.

With Ryan Richards looking Tavistock bound and Sam Hughes struggling to play every week, Saltash have moved quickly to secure the services of Vincent who wasn’t even being paid at Cribbs (one of few clubs not to pay in western league).

Saltash also looking at bringing in another striker with Curtis Damerell, James Lorenz, Mike Smith, Dan Perryman, Ryan Lucassi and Jacob Smale all being touted.

17 hours ago, NTforever said:

Havent they already got one of the best in Barry?

He is nowhere near one of the best.  Perhaps a couple of stone ago!

9 minutes ago, teflon123 said:

This was in the pipeline after they played each other last season in the Vase.

With Ryan Richards looking Tavistock bound and Sam Hughes struggling to play every week, Saltash have moved quickly to secure the services of Vincent who wasn’t even being paid at Cribbs (one of few clubs not to pay in western league).

Saltash also looking at bringing in another striker with Curtis Damerell, James Lorenz, Mike Smith, Dan Perryman, Ryan Lucassi and Jacob Smale all being touted.

Jason Vincent a very tidy striker and will fit well to their style.  Can't see them looking at anyone from that list other than James Lorenz or Mike Smith. Lucassi nowhere near the standard, Jacob Smale not a bad player, but not good enough, Dan Perryman is on a tidy little number down at Godolphin and Curtis Damerell won't be going there either, he is staying at Millbrook.

19 hours ago, teflon123 said:

Bodmin struggling to attract players, but remain keen on James Lorenz and Jarrod Woods from Liskeard, Lewis Russell at Saltash, Josh Robins and Matt David of Tavy.

Launceston offering silly money for bang average players, Josh McCabe on £50 and Thackeray is on £40, that's without Hopcroft who will be on a bit too! Gary Jefferies not hanging about offering the big bucks!

Callington have got a massive job to improve this year.  The manager left last week and the new management have an immediate task of replacing their 2 centre backs as well as improving the overall quality of the squad after playing most of the season with glorified East Cornwall players.  Heard that the management have been busy in talking to players.

4 real good signings for Helston, 4 players that can win them a game! Regardless of the £100+ a game per player, if they can afford it sustainably then good luck to them.  Believe they are also pushing to get Jordan Annear across and one or two from Bideford.