Cornwall Football Forum

LWC Drinks Cornwall Combination League and Cup Fixtures - Saturday/Sunday 9/10th March 2019

Results 
Saturday 9th March 2019 
Carharrack 0-8 Mullion (Jack Price 2, Matt Hall 2, Chris Blee, Ross Warra, Lee Cattran, Tom Bryant) 
Att - 18
Falmouth Town Reserves (???) 4-0 St Agnes 
Att - 30
Helston Athletic Reserves 0-1 Perranporth (Jowan Kitchener) 
Att - ???
Pendeen Rovers (Jack Ralph, OG) 2-2 St Ives Town (???) 
Att - 25
Perranwell (James Wilsher) 1-2 Illogan RBL (Anton Oliver, Ashley Smeeth) 
Att - 38
Redruth United (Simon James) 1-3 Penryn Athletic (Luke Osbourne, Jack James, Ryan Reeve) 
Att - 30
RNAS Culdrose (???) 1-3 Hayle (Troy Williams, Liam Mooney, Mike Arscott) 
Att - 10
St Just 0-2 Lizard Argyle (Dagan Vaughan-Spruce 2) 
Att - 25

Sunday 10th March 
League Cup S-F 
St Day v Wendron United Reserves 
@ Illogan, 3pm

POS

TEAM

PL

W

D

L

F

A

GD

PTS

PENRYN ATHLETIC

64*

PERRANPORTH

HELSTON ATHLETIC RESERVES

ST DAY

FALMOUTH TOWN RESERVES

ST IVES TOWN

ILLOGAN RBL

HAYLE

PERRANWELL

RNAS CULDROSE

LIZARD ARGYLE

MULLION

ST AGNES

WENDRON UNITED RESERVES

PENDEEN ROVERS

28*

ST JUST

27*

REDRUTH UNITED

PORTHLEVEN RESERVES

9*

CARHARRACK

-1*

Perranwell 1 Illogan 2 - Evenly contested match between sides that struggled to bother the respective keepers, the Well took the lead in the first half with a well taken hook shot from Jim Wilshere, Illogan equalised early in the second half, capitalising on some poor Perranwell defending. Both sides laboured to make chances and Illogan edged the second half bringing one outstanding save from Adam Hayne, back-pedalling to claw it out from under the bar. It ebbed and flowed until the last minute when the ref correctly awarded Illogan a pen for a push in the box, which was neatly finished to make it 2-1. Sporting contest, played in a good spirit, good luck to Illogan for the rest of the season.

Carharrack 0, Mullion 8

Goals on 13, 17, 27, 29, 33, 34, 42! Then half time, then the only other goal 0n 74. No idea who scored. Illogan had 11 plus Richard Chown (Chairman, manager, lino, physio, sub) who deserves a medal for his efforts. The eleven on show put in a great 2nd half but didn't really trouble the Mullion 'keeper. Carharrack's players may not be Combo standard but are heroically keeping the club alive.

About 18 watching, I think, plus a rather lovely young Border Collie!

Tea still a magnificent 50p and a sausage bap £1.

Hope the club can attract a good manager and team for next season.

12 minutes ago, Tom Trust said:

Carharrack 0, Mullion 8

Goals on 13, 17, 27, 29, 33, 34, 42! Then half time, then the only other goal 0n 74. No idea who scored. Illogan had 11 plus Richard Chown (Chairman, manager, lino, physio, sub) who deserves a medal for his efforts. The eleven on show put in a great 2nd half but didn't really trouble the Mullion 'keeper. Carharrack's players may not be Combo standard but are heroically keeping the club alive.

About 18 watching, I think, plus a rather lovely young Border Collie!

Tea still a magnificent 50p and a sausage bap £1.

Hope the club can attract a good manager and team for next season.

How were Illogan involved in a match between Carharrack and Mullion or am I missing the point?

42 minutes ago, Andys said:

Perranwell 1 Illogan 2 - Evenly contested match between sides that struggled to bother the respective keepers, the Well took the lead in the first half with a well taken hook shot from Jim Wilshere, Illogan equalised early in the second half, capitalising on some poor Perranwell defending. Both sides laboured to make chances and Illogan edged the second half bringing one outstanding save from Adam Hayne, back-pedalling to claw it out from under the bar. It ebbed and flowed until the last minute when the ref correctly awarded Illogan a pen for a push in the box, which was neatly finished to make it 2-1. Sporting contest, played in a good spirit, good luck to Illogan for the rest of the season.

I thought Perranwell had a dead cert penalty waved away .. and the late pen awarded was a very soft one ( if it was one at all )

1 hour ago, Old 1950 said:

How were Illogan involved in a match between Carharrack and Mullion or am I missing the point?

Huge typo by yours truly. Pity it detracts from the sentiments of my post. Perhaps I was thinking ahead to tomorrow as I'm intending to go to Illogan  to watch the Combo SF between St Day and Wendron.

4 hours ago, winston said:

helston 0-1 perranporth. helston were unlucky

What a match and what an advert for Cornish football.

I agree - i think the majority of the game was played in the Perran half ( 1st and 2nd), but boy what an exciting match for any neutral watching!!

The players played with passion and vigour; cannot recall any foul language or reckless challenges. Two top sides battling fairly - well done to you both. Even better were the two sets of management teams - cordial, well behaved and making verbal challenges fairly. A pleasure to behold. The ref was the big lad who had a good game - he let play develop, used the advantage well and worked with the players in a reasonable manner.

Perran had chances in the first half and Helston had a chances to take the points in the second. The difference ended up being an unbelievable save by the Perran 'keeper ( i think everyone in the ground thought it was going in but he managed to keep it out) and then the play moved to the other end and a bit of a scrap saw the ball go into the home team's net. Perhaps slightly unfair a result?

Thanks to all involved in today's game - as i say, a true advert for our local game.

St ives , don’t like to lose no , does anyone? 

As for coming back to the pub for sausage and chips , we chose not to as , all your support and management staff continually slate us  as do most teams do every  week 

ive heard managers call our players or puffs continually because we have a few players who have long hair. It’s wrong to shout abuse at anyone, if we had black players would they shout racial abuse at them ? I hope not , it’s the year 2019 , get a grip , it’s a low level football league, we are there to enjoy not to get abuse on the field then get it on these forums  

So you wonder why we don’t join you for a plate of sausage and chips after the game 

if we did would you hurl abuse at us from the other side of the pub , probably not , so why do it on here and from the sidelines. ? 

The obvious word you’ve edited there g..a..y 

have been edited for a reason , because it’s wrong. But that’s we’re ca every week 

12 hours ago, Laws of the Game said:

Looking forward to @Andys report. Referee at fault as usual?

I only ever tell it as it was as you will see from my match report, yes, we did have a shout for a pen, but frankly our player went down too cheaply, the ref was well positioned to see it and I'm not surprised it wasn't given, so no complaints this week! 😜

59 minutes ago, Andys said:

I only ever tell it as it was as you will see from my match report, yes, we did have a shout for a pen, but frankly our player went down too cheaply, the ref was well positioned to see it and I'm not surprised it wasn't given, so no complaints this week! 😜

Have to agree Andy, he went down a bit easy early doors in the 2nd half and has a habit of throwing the arms up, but he's young and will learn under the guidance of good people at the Well. Thanks for the warm welcome and best wishes for the rest of the season 😀

The tour continues at my first senior club, Mullion, next week 😘

8 hours ago, pip said:

As for coming back to the pub for sausage and chips , we chose not to as , all your support and management staff continually slate us  as do most teams do every  week 

ive heard managers call our players or puffs continually because we have a few players who have long hair. It’s wrong to shout abuse at anyone, if we had black players would they shout racial abuse at them ? I hope not , it’s the year 2019 , get a grip , it’s a low level football league, we are there to enjoy not to get abuse on the field then get it on these forums  

So you wonder why we don’t join you for a plate of sausage and chips after the game 

if we did would you hurl abuse at us from the other side of the pub , probably not , so why do it on here and from the sidelines. ? 

have been edited for a reason , because it’s wrong. But that’s we’re ca every week 

What an absolute load of crap,totally disrespectful not coming back after the game as for abuse I have never heard so much rubbish the manner in which your players were acting yesterday was disgusting diving around and crying like babies every time we came near you and the language from your players directed at my players and even the ref especially the gobby no9 was absolutely disgusting there were a lot of ladies and children at the game and don’t need to hear that your a decent side but hell you are a bunch of drama queens 

I was one of the management  team  yesterday and  take great offence to  the accusation  from you that homophobic  remarks where .made from our dug out.This is a very serious accusation and unsubstantiated. As for giving your players abuse,you have got to expect a reaction when your no.9 starts calling the manager a f*****g p***k. At no stage did I personally make any comments directly to any of your players or management  staff. I think you guys  are a very technically  gifted side that is filled with massive egos.Every challenge  made against you does not warrant you as a team sreaming and surrounding  refs as if a n act of gbh has just been carried out.I personally think you should be asking yourself why no one seems to like you as you have stated in your original  post. All said and done I wish you guys all the best for the rest of the season. 

9 hours ago, pip said:

I think if you actually read it he’s not accusing anyone of any homophobic words yesterday, but Is talking about what the edited word commented above, which now looks like the post hasn’t been removed. 

Sadly we are never going to agree you lot are going to call us whingers in our minds we just want the protection the laws set out. 

Incident yesterday left back for pendeen spent 30 seconds trying to kick someone cause he’s lost his rag 3 goes he had at 2 players till he finally got his man, ref calls him over for a chat if you ain’t getting a yellow for 30 seconds of red mist then we’ve got problems. I’m sure there’s lots of incidents yesterday where you are unhappy (that’s the beauty of this game) 

The not going to the pub thing, we had a really bad day yesterday I can’t lie, and at the end of the game I think people just wanted to get back and watch the rugby and without being rude it looked like the clubhouse was not open and I don’t remember anyone popping there head in the door to let us know where to go (might be wrong) 

theres been a few teams not come back to our place after the game but we don’t take it personally it’s 5pm on a Saturday lots of people have lives they have to get on with. 

Third game against pendeen this season all tough encounters feel you have improved on each game imo. A good keeper, is it glen at the back top centre back and Silas in midfield doesn’t stop running and the lad up front held the ball up brilliantly.

Fanfare ,Pip made a generalised comment that he had heard managers call his players poofs, he did not say which clubs managers had made these comments. I can confirm  that no remarks were made from our dug out and if Pip would like to message me  with his name and accuse me of making these comments, I will take this to the next step. I am neither homophobic,  or  a racist  and WILL take further action if he cares to directly  aim these comments  at me.

33 minutes ago, Fanfare said:

If a homophobic comment was made, it needs to be reported to Richard Pallot at CCFA.

Things like this need to be stamped out.

This accusation is absolutely ludicrous it’s sour grapes on st ives part due to themm not being able to bully us or the ref and get the result they obviously thought they would easily get they think they are above the laws of the game and should be wrapped in cotton wool with every challenge made idiots 

Girls, girls, tis the modern world, nobody is allowed to say anything to anyone (except the referee)

Can't call a fat man fat or a skinny fella bones...like we used too, we have a fat boys corner and an old fogey's  corner in our place ...so what - who cares...sticks and stones!

Snowflakes keep falling on my head...great song.

Sorry if I've upset anyone..Pffttt!🤐