Troon AFC Reserves     1-0          Penzance Reserves

DIVISION 4

Constantine Reserves   4-1        Goonhavern Athletic Reserves

Hayle Thirds     8-1        New Inn Titans Reserves

Lizard Argyle Reserves  1-5          Threemilestone Reserves

Madron        2-8      Tregony FC

Marazion           6-4          Falmouth United

Newlyn Non Athletico 6 - 2 Wendron 3rds

Wendron embarrassed by the superb NNA. They wanted it more, took their chances and made us look rather silly at times if I'm honest.

Very disappointing for us but we go again on Wednesday against Lanner. Hats off to @Mangle and his team. A good, important win for them

Now to sulk for the evening.

Well reffed by @Anita

Div 3

Troon Reserves 1-0 Penzance Reserves

Pz's unbeaten run of 16 league games ends even though our keeper didn't have to make a save. Troon score on 52 minutes from a ball through the middle, a defender boots it away, hits a striker and deflected in from 6yds. Both sides will claim they had chances but booting it 6 feet over the bar or heading 6 foot wide is not really a chance. Troon keeper had to make two saves, one on 75mins and other on 88mins.

Troon kept the grass long to stop us playing our passing game, it worked!

11 watching all from Pz apart from the referee's missus.

Troon 2-2 St Buryan (HT 2-2)

Over the 90 minutes a draw was a fair result. Buryan should’ve put the game to bed first half with several great chances, although Troon had a couple of late chances to snatch a winner. Troon captain superb in the middle of the park.

54 minutes ago, cornishteddyboy said:

Div 3

Pz's unbeaten run of 16 league games ends even though our keeper didn't have to make a save. Troon score on 52 minutes from a ball through the middle, a defender boots it away, hits a striker and deflected in from 6yds. Both sides will claim they had chances but booting it 6 feet over the bar or heading 6 foot wide is not really a chance. Troon keeper had to make two saves, one on 75mins and other on 88mins.

troon pitch was short grassed on Wednesday. did u know combining warm weather, rain and sun will result in grass growth?

it's not always easy to cut the grass short when the club is run my volunteers. you could have gone up and mowed it Friday night for them ??

still that's an impressive run Darren is doing a great job.

51 minutes ago, Butters said:

Troon 2-2 St Buryan (HT 2-2)

Over the 90 minutes a draw was a fair result. Buryan should’ve put the game to bed first half with several great chances, although Troon had a couple of late chances to snatch a winner. Troon captain superb in the middle of the park.

how was the grass ?

10 minutes ago, Mr Bean said:

troon pitch was short grassed on Wednesday. did u know combining warm weather, rain and sun will result in grass growth?

it's not always easy to cut the grass short when the club is run my volunteers. you could have gone up and mowed it Friday night for them ??

still that's an impressive run Darren is doing a great job.

how was the grass ?

That was tongue in cheek as me and Jamie Marles were joking about it during the game.

Div 4

Constantine 4  Goonhavern  1  h/t 2-1

Goonhavern take an early lead which should have been added to but Constantine also scored early to equalise.Their second goal came via a breakaway on the stroke of half time.

The home team had the majority of the ball in the second period but tried too hard to score with several shots over the crossbar and even some bothering the bowls players who were enjoying their match next door! They did manage to score another two against a resolute defence by Goonhavern.

Match played in such good spirits that i was hardly needed.

Probus 7 - 1 St Keverne

Probus 3-0 up at half time, running through the Keverne defence for fun at times. They threatened with a couple free kicks, but little clear cut, a few very good last ditch tackle made sure the Probus gk remained reasonably untested.

2nd half Probus kept up the scoring, a lapse at the back from another free kick gave Keverne a concelation. 

Probus were allowed all the time they wanted around the opposition box and were punished for it.

Overall well refereed and a game played in good spirits by both teams ?

2 hours ago, Dave Bartlam said:

Wendron embarrassed by the superb NNA. They wanted it more, took their chances and made us look rather silly at times if I'm honest.

Very disappointing for us but we go again on Wednesday against Lanner. Hats off to @Mangle and his team. A good, important win for them

Well reffed by @Anita

Many thanks @Dave Bartlam. Wish I was there to see it/participate. Am in Cheltenham having a little RRR. Kudos to Tim at Newlyn and the squad for a great result.

6 hours ago, Dave Bartlam said:

Well reffed by @Anita

Clearly Mousehole/Marazion didn't heed the message!

1 hour ago, Local_Footy_Lad said:

D2 - Mariners Vs Titans.

Game abandoned. Both teams with late tackles and played in a high tempo/spirits. The Titans linesman also appeared to be on a one-man rampage to fight the entire world (& not for the first time)..

What was the score at the time? What happens because of this abandonment? 

Gwin 2-3 Ruan Minor
Another loss for us which in all fairness was a little bit harsh on us. Seeing Ruan’s lineup with the likes of Haskell-Mills, Luke Hunter, Chris Ensink who have all played Peninsula football we knew we’d be in for a decent game. 
Finding it happening more and more ‘senior’ players who’ve played a decent standard dropping down into the junior leagues to play with mates. Think it’s good for the standard in junior footy but also bad as senior teams missing out on these decent players. 
We went 1-0 down to a defensive error which was frustrating. Then we equalised through a great free kick from skipper Sam Charlton landing perfectly for Jack Whitcombe to volley home. Shortly after a horror clash of heads between our Luke Barber and the Ruan youngster. Both ended up going to hospital, our lad saying he was knocked out waking up to seeing his hands covered in blood. As far as I know both have had stitches and are fine. Drama queens ? We then went down again to a neat finish from Haskell-Mills I think!!! We equalised again through our main man Billy Foster with a great finish from a quality knock from Derek Pickin. 
Second half started and was even with both sides having chances. Marcus Bawden going closest for us. We were on top in second half and I think we were confident we’d get the win. After missing chances Ruan caught us out with a long ball and finished well; not sure if there was a foul on our keeper Dunn but can’t complain. 
3-2 loss. Hard to take. Another close game. 
With all the new signings I’ve made it’s just a matter of time until we click, hopefully anyway ? a few decent things to take from the game, one of them being Jordan Brown looking very decent linking up with the attack. 
Move on to Illogan at home weds. Hope all the injuries are shaken off by then. 4 injuries in 1 match today ??‍♂️
Well reffed by Porky. 
MOM Alastair Thomas

13 hours ago, cornishteddyboy said:

Div 3

Looks like them Troon groundsmen are clever then ?

St Agnes reserves 0-5 penwith exiles 

not a bad game for exiles only took 12 players as we still have a couple players out went 1-0 up at half time but could of been more st Agnes kept trying till the end but the second half was pretty one sided with some decent football being played! Good luck to st Agnes for the rest of the season lovely pitch and club house 

scores 

danny Earl x2

tj lobb x1 

dan Burt x1

james squires x1

8 hours ago, DRichards said:

Gwin 2-3 Ruan Minor
Another loss for us which in all fairness was a little bit harsh on us. Seeing Ruan’s lineup with the likes of Haskell-Mills, Luke Hunter, Chris Ensink who have all played Peninsula football we knew we’d be in for a decent game. 
Finding it happening more and more ‘senior’ players who’ve played a decent standard dropping down into the junior leagues to play with mates. Think it’s good for the standard in junior footy but also bad as senior teams missing out on these decent players. 
We went 1-0 down to a defensive error which was frustrating. Then we equalised through a great free kick from skipper Sam Charlton landing perfectly for Jack Whitcombe to volley home. Shortly after a horror clash of heads between our Luke Barber and the Ruan youngster. Both ended up going to hospital, our lad saying he was knocked out waking up to seeing his hands covered in blood. As far as I know both have had stitches and are fine. Drama queens ? We then went down again to a neat finish from Haskell-Mills I think!!! We equalised again through our main man Billy Foster with a great finish from a quality knock from Derek Pickin. 
Second half started and was even with both sides having chances. Marcus Bawden going closest for us. We were on top in second half and I think we were confident we’d get the win. After missing chances Ruan caught us out with a long ball and finished well; not sure if there was a foul on our keeper Dunn but can’t complain. 
With all the new signings I’ve made it’s just a matter of time until we click, hopefully anyway ? a few decent things to take from the game, one of them being Jordan Brown looking very decent linking up with the attack. 
Move on to Illogan at home weds. Hope all the injuries are shaken off by then. 4 injuries in 1 match today ??‍♂️
Well reffed by Porky. 
MOM Alastair Thomas

Don't you have a couple player's who also use to play higher standards

I remember not so long ago a game abandoned between West Cornwall and Trevenson resulted in -3 points and 100 pound fine each per team due to misconduct. So the results can be quite extreme depending on the facts like Dave said.

the Trelawny League committee are fair and are proactive. I’m sure they will come up with a just decision once the facts have been gathered. 

Shame cos on the whole New Inn Titans are a good side and not a bad bunch of lads at all apart from the odd couple it would seem. 

16 hours ago, cornishteddyboy said:

That was tongue in cheek as me and Jamie Marles were joking about it during the game.

it was just banter

14 hours ago, Local_Footy_Lad said:

D2 - Mariners Vs Titans.

Game abandoned. Both teams with late tackles and played in a high tempo/spirits. The Titans linesman also appeared to be on a one-man rampage to fight the entire world (& not for the first time)..

if it was mr Isaacs I've had him a couple times and found him to be spot on. fair and consistent more like a neutral than club official.

9 hours ago, DRichards said:

Gwin 2-3 Ruan Minor
Well reffed by Porky. 
MOM Alastair Thomas

None of your players have dropped down I presume??

14 hours ago, Dave Bartlam said:

We don't know the facts at this time so at the moment, that's all it needs.

3 hours ago, paulo bestiniho said:

I remember not so long ago a game abandoned between West Cornwall and Trevenson resulted in -3 points and 100 pound fine each per team due to misconduct. So the results can be quite extreme depending on the facts like Dave said.

the Trelawny League committee are fair and are proactive. I’m sure they will come up with a just decision once the facts have been gathered. 

Shame cos on the whole New Inn Titans are a good side and not a bad bunch of lads at all apart from the odd couple it would seem. 

Abandonments due to misconduct are dealt with by the CCFA under the discipline process.  Once they have adjudicated the League can then make a decision regarding the result iaw Rule 20e(xi).  This process can take a little time so I wouldn't expect to see a decision about this game for a little while yet. The League cannot impose a fine for abandonments. 

11 hours ago, willy7 said:

Don't you have a couple player's who also use to play higher standards

10 hours ago, patch said:

None of your players have dropped down I presume??

I wasn’t having a dig about higher standard players dropping down at all as it makes the league more competitive and makes your team play better when you’re up against quality players. I think players would rather play with mates nowadays and have a laugh with no pressure which is the reason how I signed Billy Foster and Sam Charlton who could play peninsula standard. 

Lizard Argyle Reserves 1-5 Threemilestone Reserves 

A very good game between 2 sides who like to play football. Threemilestone still missing Liam Patterson, Glen Patterson,Tom Goodman, James Dobson & Mitch Hann, but with such a large squad it didn't seem to bother us too much. Goals scored by Chris Shakley x4 (could have easily scored 10) & Jake Merrifield. Lizard goal made it 1-1 mid way through the 1st half & was without doubt the best goal of the game. Scoreline didn't reflect the game, Lizard ran out of legs after an hour but it was a very competitive game up to that point. They are the best side TMS have played so far & I think they will shock a few sides this season,wouldn't be shocked if they finish in the top 4. Perfect day to go down there, pitch was lovely, clubhouse nice & showed the live premier league games as well as a cracking spread put on for the players.