Cornwall Football Forum

On 17/10/2017 at 22:04, GEACH1 said:
On 17/10/2017 at 21:46, digger1000 said:

i may put a bet on that the sub goalkeeper will be seen eating a pasty 

I haven't seen the odds yet but I'm putting a £100 bet on it being a Ginsters and £10 each way that its a Rowes. Oggy Oggy Oggy

Emirates FA Cup fans will be able to watch three live televised games in the first round proper next month.

Broadcast partners BBC and BT Sport have made their selections from the draw, which was made on Monday evening following last weekend’s fourth round qualifying ties.

And the first tie of the round will be screened live on BBC Two as eighth-tier side Hyde United host League One outfit MK Dons at Ewen Fields on Friday 3 November, with a kick-off at 7.55pm.

The following day sees another non-League team attempt to cause a Cup shock against EFL opposition, as Shaw Lane Association play Mansfield Town live on BT Sport 1 in a lunchtime kick-off (12.30pm, on air at noon) on Saturday 4 November.

BT Sport 1 will also show the all-Lancashire tie between Chorley and Fleetwood, which will take place on Monday 6 November with a kick-off at 7.45pm (on air at 7pm) shortly after the second round draw.

Each club will receive £67,500 from the FA’s broadcast fund and winning clubs will pick up an additional £18,000 from the prize fund.

By FA Staff

No mention of the watered down version involving the 8 Sunday games except on the Official Truro City website, I am sorry the club should boycott the weak watered down coverage, support the supporters who have a 600 mile journey and work on Monday

3 hours ago, Duty281 said:

TCFC Twitter have announced the game will be played on Sunday at 14:00, so I'm guessing that means TV.

Match is not televised.

But goals will be shown,when they are scored.

4 minutes ago, MOUNTAINEER said:

Emirates FA Cup fans will be able to watch three live televised games in the first round proper next month.

Broadcast partners BBC and BT Sport have made their selections from the draw, which was made on Monday evening following last weekend’s fourth round qualifying ties.

And the first tie of the round will be screened live on BBC Two as eighth-tier side Hyde United host League One outfit MK Dons at Ewen Fields on Friday 3 November, with a kick-off at 7.55pm.

The following day sees another non-League team attempt to cause a Cup shock against EFL opposition, as Shaw Lane Association play Mansfield Town live on BT Sport 1 in a lunchtime kick-off (12.30pm, on air at noon) on Saturday 4 November.

BT Sport 1 will also show the all-Lancashire tie between Chorley and Fleetwood, which will take place on Monday 6 November with a kick-off at 7.45pm (on air at 7pm) shortly after the second round draw.

Each club will receive £67,500 from the FA’s broadcast fund and winning clubs will pick up an additional £18,000 from the prize fund.

By FA Staff

No mention of the watered down version involving the 8 Sunday games except on the Official Truro City website, I am sorry the club should boycott the weak watered down coverage, support the supporters who have a 600 mile journey and work on Monday

Agree Ivor.

Why change the fixture.

I ,for one will now miss the Truro game.

Got tickets for Spurs v C.Palace.

2 hours ago, somersetspur said:

Match is not televised.

But goals will be shown,when they are scored.

Agree Ivor.

Why change the fixture.

I ,for one will now miss the Truro game.

Got tickets for Spurs v C.Palace.

David - So have I.

Spurs game was scheduled for Saturday then swapped to Sunday for TV,  good for me 2 games to attend so I bought my ticket, then Truro gets swapped for small in play visits to 8 games to show snippets if something happens in them, unfortunately it will be Wembley for me unless the pitch fails a pre match inspection. ( :c:  )

Not only the day changed but the kick off brought forward by one hour, NO THOUGHT for the supporters who facing a 600 mile round trip need to leave home in the middle of Saturday night and on return go to work on Monday morning. I have always supported the FA but this time they have failed the lifeblood of football THE SPECTATORS, televising the WHOLE game would be a big yes but for short highlighted visits it is an own goal.

Mind you - I will only lose the £20 cost of my ticket if I don't go to Wembley.

SSS - more important to watch Truro - give your Spurs tickets away. You will have lots of opportunities to watch Spurs - who knows when you'll get the chance again to watch a cornish side in the 1st round. 

41 minutes ago, Goldeneye said:

SSS - more important to watch Truro - give your Spurs tickets away. You will have lots of opportunities to watch Spurs - who knows when you'll get the chance again to watch a cornish side in the 1st round. 

Not when you are taking your 5 year old grandson,to watch Spurs for the first time.

Would'nt ruin his special day,for Truro City.

Suppose Im a bit like the TCFC chairman.Got other priorities.

Game is on Sunday 2pm. The delay in posting was that we had to wait for the FA to announce it even though Charlton and Truro had agreed to the change.

Tickets will be on sale next week, we have been allocated the away stand which holds 3100

The supporters club are organising coaches and have done a deal such that it will cost £25 per person.

You can purchase tickets and book the coach as follows.

Thursday 10am to 4pm

Friday 7pm to 8.30pm

Saturday at the Bognor game from 1pm

Depending on take up will determine how many coaches we have. One coach already full.

These are executive coaches, one will be a double decker.

If you want to book early call Baz on 07891303523

3 hours ago, russellkeeble said:

Game is on Sunday 2pm. The delay in posting was that we had to wait for the FA to announce it even though Charlton and Truro had agreed to the change.

Tickets will be on sale next week, we have been allocated the away stand which holds 3100

The supporters club are organising coaches and have done a deal such that it will cost £25 per person.

You can purchase tickets and book the coach as follows.

Thursday 10am to 4pm

Friday 7pm to 8.30pm

Saturday at the Bognor game from 1pm

Depending on take up will determine how many coaches we have. One coach already full.

These are executive coaches, one will be a double decker.

If you want to book early call Baz on 07891303523

Russell - Is the £25 just for the coach or is a ticket included.?

On 20/10/2017 at 12:02, Brianmooreshead said:

I stand accused of SW bias here obviously but can anyone really say that Hyde vs MK Dons is a more attractive tie than Charlton v Truro

MK Dons don't get anyone to watch them at home let alone away !

The minnows are at home

Dogs are allowed. Photos should only be taken by accredited photographers but no one will stop you using you phone etc

On 10/21/2017 at 13:16, DoneShouting said:

Russell - Is the £25 just for the coach or is a ticket included.?

This is for the coach only. Tickets are extra based on what you qualify for

Coaches will leave around 6.30 to 7am

Coaches will leave directly after the match and should be back in Cornwall around 9 to 9.30pm

On 22/10/2017 at 19:18, 100%cornish said:

I only take  photos for my own albums if i cant take photos i wont bother coming down then i will contactthe ground thanks

Everyone has camera phones these days. People use then non stop. They can't stop you. 

On 21/10/2017 at 18:41, GEACH1 said:

tried ringing the number no answer , i want to book 3000 tickets , so i can dress as a pasty and be the only one in the away end. 

I wouldn't try that one if I was you Geachy you may get attached to a piece of rope by the TISA boys and tossed over the crossbar. Anything the Eggchasers can do at Twickenham we can do at The Valley. Just as a matter of interest can you let us know your weight so as we know how many members to designate for the tossing if you will pardon the expression. :c:

On 16/10/2017 at 20:18, GEACH1 said:

no i will not calm down :),   this will be better than flambards , and thats usually the best day of the week

You can calm down down now now Geachy it has been announced that the tickets prices for the game are £10 for adults and £5 for concessions pasties free of charge and with the coach fare being £25 or only £20 on the TISA Party Bus this has to be a better day out than Flambards, also the fireworks will be on the pitch, as they say "No pyro no party" All you have to decide now is whether to bring an Anne's a Mary's or an Aunty Avis's just as long as you bring one along one for me. See you there boy with your St Pirans Flag :c::smiley20::c:

Thanks Paul i havnt got a camera phone but i will be taking my camera on saturday its not like its a top professional 1 its just a £20 camera off e bay .i will be down there nice and early with my dog hoping to see a Truro  win  its quite dear to go in i see but its only a 1 off for me at the moment but looking forward to a higher class of footy 

10 hours ago, Rayvon said:

I wouldn't try that one if I was you Geachy you may get attached to a piece of rope by the TISA boys and tossed over the crossbar. Anything the Eggchasers can do at Twickenham we can do at The Valley. Just as a matter of interest can you let us know your weight so as we know how many members to designate for the tossing if you will pardon the expression. :c:

ive paid my money for the coach so I'm on the trip ,, and I'm a healthy 15 and half stone . :c:

Big it up thisiscornwall.

If you read it you might smile at two bits.

FA Cup fever has since swept Cornwall with the players’ on-the-field exploits sparking somewhat of a media frenzy around the Vanarama National League South outfit. 

What FA Cup fever? 

Only the press are "bigging it up", not the ordinary supporter from other clubs which make up the bulk of the Cornish Football World!

http://www.cornwalllive.com/sport/football/football-news/truro-city-fa-cup-v-675928

From Twitopedia:

F.A. Cup Fever 

Symptoms: 1) A tendency to get hot under the collar. 2) An overwhelming desire to dress up as a regional delicacy (e.g. pasty etc.). 3) A sudden appetite for long distance travel. 4) Verbal diarrhoea centring around imagined superpowers of football players. 5) A temporary suspension of reality relating to unlikely possibilities.

Treatment: In the short term none known, although a cold shower can sometimes alleviate the symptoms. In the longer term only being knocked out of the competition will bring lasting relief although this may take repeated replays/rounds (hopefully).

On 20/10/2017 at 16:15, Goldeneye said:

Always there SSS ?? When it suits !

Your logo not mine !

45 minutes ago, Harry P said:

Always there SSS ?? When it suits !

Your logo not mine !

WRONG.

Its the motto of the Supporters Organisation,I belong too.

Not a great start,with you first posting.

Never mind ,you will learn.