Cornwall Football Forum

CORNWALL JUNIOR CUP 2022-23 - Semi final updates

No rumours or fabrications here chaps. Majority are being paid at Falmouth, some are at Dropship. As such, I’d expect one of those to win it this year but West Cornwall on their day are one of the best around. Can’t say much about St. Breward as I’ve not seen them play but no bad sides in the last four as we all know.

We (Probus) have played Dropship (in the Junior Cup, losing 6-0) and Falmouth DC (in the league losing 2-0) and both are very good footballing teams. If anyone is going to win the cup ahead of either of them, then I would suggest that they will have to be a very good team! I would like to watch Dropship v Falmouth DC, in either the semi-final or final.
I’ve got no idea if either team pay money and I don’t really care, as it’s their business and more often than not doesn’t turn out to be true anyway! 
Good luck to all the teams left in the cup - the Junior Cup, in my opinion, is still one of the best cups in Cornwall and it’s good to play teams that you wouldn’t usually play in the league.

27 minutes ago, Chris Davey said:

We (Probus) have played Dropship (in the Junior Cup, losing 6-0) and Falmouth DC (in the league losing 2-0) and both are very good footballing teams. If anyone is going to win the cup ahead of either of them, then I would suggest that they will have to be a very good team! I would like to watch Dropship v Falmouth DC, in either the semi-final or final.
I’ve got no idea if either team pay money and I don’t really care, as it’s their business and more often than not doesn’t turn out to be true anyway! 
Good luck to all the teams left in the cup - the Junior Cup, in my opinion, is still one of the best cups in Cornwall and it’s good to play teams that you wouldn’t usually play in the league.

Fair comment agree with you Chris on the money and the junior cup being great. 
mid like them to go back to old format and have junior and senior on same day again. That was the good old days a proper attendance and atmosphere 

2 hours ago, ArseneWanger said:

Heard Matt Quick is on £75 a game and £10 per clean sheet, and he’s had 9 of them this season! 💰 

Please, before you spout such utter nonsense, get your facts right. 

It's £85 a game and 15 clean sheets!! If you're gonna spread rumours at least make them believable.

Hats off to Matt though... He started negotiations at £50... We'd have started at £140!

• Dave Deacon changed the title to CORNWALL JUNIOR CUP 2022-23 - Semi final updates

Deserved win for Falmouth DC who flew out the traps early doors with the front 2 of Kyle Cooke and Brodie Kemp causing numerous problems for the Saints backline with their pace and quick feet. Been watching Brodie since he was 11 years old playing in the same team as my youngest lad Jack at Falmouth Utd and he’s always known where the net is and showed he still does tonight on the big occasion with a shot against the post that got recycled for Quaid Saunder to finish clinically and a couple of good close range strikers goals for himself to seal the victory after the break despite playing with a groin strain. Both keepers making some good saves over the 90 minutes to keep the scoreline down for their respective teams. St.Breward probably deserved a consolation goal for their efforts on the night but no doubting the better team went through to the final. Some good advantage played by referee Mr Martin Ruffin I thought, a couple almost leading to goals. What fantastic hosts Sticker are as well, and the pitch was immaculate considering most other local games in Devon and Cornwall were postponed tonight!! 👏🏼👍 Tough to pick a man of the match, so many players on both sides played well, Rhys Allen at centre half for Falmouth DC reminds me of his dad, my old team mate and opponent Steve Fraggles Allen, good genes! 👍 Ryan Chinn in midfield another far too good for this level to be honest amongst many others out there tonight! One player I’ve not seen before was the St.Breward number 7 Reece Lovelace who looked a real talent! Centre mid, looked like he had a bit of everything, quality player on and off the ball wouldn’t hesitate recommending him to any SWL or St.Piran league manager to go and have a look at! Class! 👍👌️ Nice to see Claire there working hard for the County FA as always for a quick chat and Graham Nicholls shit hot striker from the 80’s and 90’s who showed me the ropes as a young 15/16 year old striker at Newquay in the mid 80’s and a few years later on in the Cornwall Senior team!! What a player and top bloke! Congrats to Penty on masterminding his teams path to the final and putting this team together, great work as usual 👏🏼️ And good luck to another old mate tomorrow night when Ashley Kemp takes his West Cornwall team to Penryn to take on the all conquering Dropship in the other semi final, got a feeling they’ll have to play very well to win that!? Good nights football with a tidy crowd of 124 on quite a lovely evening for football 👏🏼👍

23 hours ago, RAPPO said:

Deserved win for Falmouth DC who flew out the traps early doors with the front 2 of Kyle Cooke and Brodie Kemp causing numerous problems for the Saints backline with their pace and quick feet. Been watching Brodie since he was 11 years old playing in the same team as my youngest lad Jack at Falmouth Utd and he’s always known where the net is and showed he still does tonight on the big occasion with a shot against the post that got recycled for Quaid Saunder to finish clinically and a couple of good close range strikers goals for himself to seal the victory after the break despite playing with a groin strain. Both keepers making some good saves over the 90 minutes to keep the scoreline down for their respective teams. St.Breward probably deserved a consolation goal for their efforts on the night but no doubting the better team went through to the final. Some good advantage played by referee Mr Martin Ruffin I thought, a couple almost leading to goals. What fantastic hosts Sticker are as well, and the pitch was immaculate considering most other local games in Devon and Cornwall were postponed tonight!! 👏🏼👍 Tough to pick a man of the match, so many players on both sides played well, Rhys Allen at centre half for Falmouth DC reminds me of his dad, my old team mate and opponent Steve Fraggles Allen, good genes! 👍 Ryan Chinn in midfield another far too good for this level to be honest amongst many others out there tonight! One player I’ve not seen before was the St.Breward number 7 Reece Lovelace who looked a real talent! Centre mid, looked like he had a bit of everything, quality player on and off the ball wouldn’t hesitate recommending him to any SWL or St.Piran league manager to go and have a look at! Class! 👍👌️ Nice to see Claire there working hard for the County FA as always for a quick chat and Graham Nicholls shit hot striker from the 80’s and 90’s who showed me the ropes as a young 15/16 year old striker at Newquay in the mid 80’s and a few years later on in the Cornwall Senior team!! What a player and top bloke! Congrats to Penty on masterminding his teams path to the final and putting this team together, great work as usual 👏🏼️ And good luck to another old mate tomorrow night when Ashley Kemp takes his West Cornwall team to Penryn to take on the all conquering Dropship in the other semi final, got a feeling they’ll have to play very well to win that!? Good nights football with a tidy crowd of 124 on quite a lovely evening for football 👏🏼👍

Hi rappo

Reece plays for us at st Dennis when he doesn't have a game for st breward,him and marcisse have helped us out a few times this season both decent lads.

Yeah both good players Dave! Heard Marcisse was decent before the game but I was really impressed with Reece, was standing there with JP who has seen a top player or two in his 60 years in football and we both said after about 10 minutes whose the number 7!!? Looks quality! I obviously know Penty and quite a few of the Falmouth lads and knew they were a great side anyway with some top players but I’d encourage any SWL or SPL manager to have a look at Reece, before someone else nicks him! Get in quick I reckon 👍

15 hours ago, RAPPO said:

Yeah both good players Dave! Heard Marcisse was decent before the game but I was really impressed with Reece, was standing there with JP who has seen a top player or two in his 60 years in football and we both said after about 10 minutes whose the number 7!!? Looks quality! I obviously know Penty and quite a few of the Falmouth lads and knew they were a great side anyway with some top players but I’d encourage any SWL or SPL manager to have a look at Reece, before someone else nicks him! Get in quick I reckon 👍

He's played for both our sides this season lol

• 3 weeks later...
On 22/10/2022 at 16:46, Asterix said:

Dropship 2

New inn titans 1

Dropship winners, 2 efforts 2 goals.

New inn titans dominated most the game. 75% possibly? 
Woodwork 4 times denying goals.

Some acting from a couple of the dropship players would of picked up awards at the BAFTAs, but in the end 2 goals to 1 is the reason they’re through.

I thought the official, didn’t do much wrong just lacked a little consistency in decision making. Seemed to be one rule one way and another when a exact duplicate incident happened.

Good luck to Dropship in the next round after all the commotion in the week, Of desperation to changing venues and referees 24 hours prior to kick off.

🤝💷

Junior Cup Final

Falmouth DC 2-0 Dropship

Trelawny League Division 2 side Falmouth DC become county champions winning  2-0. Playing the match for 83 min with 10 players due to a sending off in the 7th min Falmouth managed to secure the victory at Wendron against Dropship 

Edited by Pitty
I am a horses arse and said town not DC…,..amended 😁

29 minutes ago, Pitty said:

Junior Cup Final

Falmouth DC 2-0 Dropship

Trelawny League Division 2 side Falmouth Town become county champions winning  2-0. Playing the match for 83 min with 10 players due to a sending off in the 7th min Falmouth managed to secure the victory at Wendron against Dropship 

Falmouth Town haven't won anything this season Pitty.

Falmouth DC however.........

3 hours ago, Dave Bartlam said:

Have you forgotten your performance yesterday? 👀 

This is exactly why I’ve posted this. Some of your boys need to learn that chatting about/slating someone because of their size or their peformance doesn’t mask them the player that they are. It’s damn right disrespectful and I hope this defeat has brought them to the real world. 

My cousin Dave “slugger” Rawlings was sent off after 9 minutes in the 2001/02 junior cup final for Perranporth v Morwenstow at Saltash. So he’s pleased that his record has gone by 2 minutes!!! 😀👍️  Perran lost 1-0 that day, at least Rhys still ended up with a winners medal yesterday! 🏆