Elburton Villa           2-3           Dartmouth 

Newton Abbot Spurs  2-1   Bovey Tracey 

Plymouth Marjon       1-2          Brixham 

Sidmouth Town          0-1       Teignmouth 

WEST 

Dobwalls        3-2           Callington Town 

Launceston             1-4          Bude Town 

Sticker                     2-2           St Austell

Apparently there was a tombstone and a People's Elbow (I had to search two wrestling moves I hope I got them right) . 100%cornish said ref should have played on!  Just kidding maybe the officials have taken note of the recent FA press release and are dealing it... Whilst the club's have taken note of the fact they received an email but decided to completely ignore it

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Tuesday 23 August 2022

To be fair the ref could of sent off several players on each side because it was a all in royal rumble going on for a few mins, then it kicked off on the opposite side between the benches , I was by the first incident so do not know what happened on the benches , the ref took good 10 mins to sort , many refs might of just abandoned it.  To be fair it was a good game till then,3sent off...and it seems to me, so far this season ,players and managers need to calm down ,there has been to much aggro already this season, it just pretty sad and pathetic!

Great game at sticker tonight finished 2 2 

Sticker went in at half time 1 nil up and that was deserved. Really good  second half come back by st austell and they forged 2 1 up until sticker struck in the dying minutes through Chapman and perhaps could of snatched it moments later had the same player had a little more composure. 
A draw was a fair result though.

Decent crowd and thoroughly enjoyable game .

DOBWALLS  3-2  CALLINGTON        HT 2-0        ATT: 68

Worth the £7 entertainment in the end to be honest! £6 usual SWPL entrance and 2 numbers out on the 50/50!  The first 40 minutes wasn’t much to write home about really, plenty of commitment, work rate, physicality, but more perspiration than inspiration from either team before the game burst into life with 2 goals for the hosts just before the break, the 2nd a fine run and finish by the hosts striker Alex? After they had been denied a couple of times earlier by good saves down low by the visiting keeper. Deserved half time lead I would say.

Totally different game 2nd half with Cally now on the front foot and the Waltz looking razor sharp after a quiet 1st half with no chances. The home keeper had his turn to make 2 great saves off Waltz, the 2nd an acrobatic volley turned over the bar before as so happens, Waltz headed in from the resulting corner anyway before equalising with another header all before the hour mark.  You would have fancied the visitors at this stage turning the match on his head.

The game totally changed in the 63rd minute when Kelvin Fyneboy who looked lively when the ball came to his feet, got tangled up with a defender and all hell broke loose out of nothing really!! I was about 20 yards away down the touchline and saw a far better scrap than AJ v Usyk a few nights ago!! Kicked off with Kelvin throwing a punch, getting one back then sticking in a head butt, then someone else came in and punched him then it was a free for all! Fair play to both sets of players, I’m a bit old school but kind of like it when a few lads pile in to look after their team mate! Over half a dozen players were swinging by now! I won’t say much more cos snitches get stitches from where I was brought up in the bronx of Truro so won’t mention names but the ref eventually after a long consultation with his Lino on the spot gave Cally 2 reds and obviously a red to Dobwalls Kelvin who kicked off the proceedings which was plain for all to see so don’t think I’m grassing anyone here! To be fair to the officials I don’t see what else they could have done really so fair play to them, not easy to sort that lot out!  Could have probably sent about 6 off if he was really fussy!

Totally changed the flow of the game to be honest and Dobwalls came up with a really well taken winner down the left cutting in and scoring into the roof of the net in the 87th minute although there was 11 minutes of added on time after that. Heard on the way out there might have been another racist comment from a spectator tonight which if true makes you sick to the stomach doesn’t it. I won’t comment on that but if true it’s a disgrace, that person doesn’t belong anywhere near a football ground or any place in society for that matter. Brilliant to hear that St.Austell banned the racist spectator they had a couple of weeks ago against Dobwalls for life. Hope he sits at home every Saturday dwelling on whatever he said and hopefully learns from it!!? All in all glad I chose this game tonight, very impressive whats going on at Lantoom, pitch was one of the best I’ve seen so far this season, Lights were lovely and bright and a good old battle on the pitch, what evening midweek games are all about. 👍👏🏼

Was close to the incident at Dobwalls tonight and heard the word used, but not the context (not that it makes it any less offensive) - the guy that used it didn’t seem to be associated with either team, just a neutral watching the game. To be fair to the hosts their committee acted swiftly and asked the guy to leave (probably very wisely given the tensions building). 

On 21/08/2022 at 15:23, Dave Deacon said:

EAST 

Axminster Town         1-1           Elmore 

Elburton Villa           2-3           Dartmouth 

Newton Abbot Spurs  2-1   Bovey Tracey 

Plymouth Marjon       1-2          Brixham 

Sidmouth Town          0-1       Teignmouth 

WEST 

Dobwalls        3-2           Callington Town 

Launceston             1-4          Bude Town 

Sticker                     2-2           St Austell

Was at the Dobwalls game, handbags turned into much more when Kelvin Fyneboy decided to headbut Callington’s number 8. 

1 hour ago, RAPPO said:

DOBWALLS  3-2  CALLINGTON        HT 2-0        ATT: 68

Worth the £7 entertainment in the end to be honest! £6 usual SWPL entrance and 2 numbers out on the 50/50!  The first 40 minutes wasn’t much to write home about really, plenty of commitment, work rate, physicality, but more perspiration than inspiration from either team before the game burst into life with 2 goals for the hosts just before the break, the 2nd a fine run and finish by the hosts striker Alex? After they had been denied a couple of times earlier by good saves down low by the visiting keeper. Deserved half time lead I would say.

Totally different game 2nd half with Cally now on the front foot and the Waltz looking razor sharp after a quiet 1st half with no chances. The home keeper had his turn to make 2 great saves off Waltz, the 2nd an acrobatic volley turned over the bar before as so happens, Waltz headed in from the resulting corner anyway before equalising with another header all before the hour mark.  You would have fancied the visitors at this stage turning the match on his head.

The game totally changed in the 63rd minute when Kelvin Fyneboy who looked lively when the ball came to his feet, got tangled up with a defender and all hell broke loose out of nothing really!! I was about 20 yards away down the touchline and saw a far better scrap than AJ v Usyk a few nights ago!! Kicked off with Kelvin throwing a punch, getting one back then sticking in a head butt, then someone else came in and punched him then it was a free for all! Fair play to both sets of players, I’m a bit old school but kind of like it when a few lads pile in to look after their team mate! Over half a dozen players were swinging by now! I won’t say much more cos snitches get stitches from where I was brought up in the bronx of Truro so won’t mention names but the ref eventually after a long consultation with his Lino on the spot gave Cally 2 reds and obviously a red to Dobwalls Kelvin who kicked off the proceedings which was plain for all to see so don’t think I’m grassing anyone here! To be fair to the officials I don’t see what else they could have done really so fair play to them, not easy to sort that lot out!  Could have probably sent about 6 off if he was really fussy!

Totally changed the flow of the game to be honest and Dobwalls came up with a really well taken winner down the left cutting in and scoring into the roof of the net in the 87th minute although there was 11 minutes of added on time after that. Heard on the way out there might have been another racist comment from a spectator tonight which if true makes you sick to the stomach doesn’t it. I won’t comment on that but if true it’s a disgrace, that person doesn’t belong anywhere near a football ground or any place in society for that matter. Brilliant to hear that St.Austell banned the racist spectator they had a couple of weeks ago against Dobwalls for life. Hope he sits at home every Saturday dwelling on whatever he said and hopefully learns from it!!? All in all glad I chose this game tonight, very impressive whats going on at Lantoom, pitch was one of the best I’ve seen so far this season, Lights were lovely and bright and a good old battle on the pitch, what evening midweek games are all about. 👍👏🏼

Good post,yes pitch best so far, very green, as for the lights though I thought they were on a dimmer switch turned down low to save some leccy. 

I was at the launceston vs bude game. Bude the best team by a mile but struggled with the final ball a few times. Deservedly took the lead when tornado Bello came on as a sub and finished off a lovely team move. Launceston are a better side than what their league position shows, think they’ll pick up a bit in the next few weeks or so. Launceston equalised through a freak long range free kick that found their way in but bude retook their lead and asserted dominance through goals from Harry Hopcroft, Baga Mariko and josh Baxter. Bude seem to have a lot of quality and think they could challenge this year providing they keep their top players and play with abit of intensity which only seem to come in the second half tonight, maybe they thought tonight would be a lot easier than it was.

From watching all of Budes games this year callington seem to want to kick the shit out of everyone and dobwalls have a very angry management team so not surprised their game kicked off tonight. Any idea who the players where that got sent off? 

Dobwalls and Callington. The reason I refuse to take my grandchildren to a football match. Everything that's wrong in football demonstrated in one evening. Whilst you can't blame the club's you can certainly blame the idiotic players and ignorant spectator. I hope Cornwall FA put their money where their mouth is and deal with the fighting thugs with as harsher penalty as they can. As for the racist spectator, he or she should never step foot near a football match again although at this level in Cornwall who is ever going to know who he/she is? That's two incidents in almost as many weeks. What more needs and can be done?

It's a shame but I'm hearing alot more people say they won't be taking their kids/grandkids to watch local football (and who can blame them).seems to be the same players and managers involved as well but the powers that be seem to turn a blind eye everytime.

Maybe certain players and managers need to take a look at themselves and take a year out,obviously something going on at home to be kicking off all the time.

2 minutes ago, Cornishram said:

I'm hearing alot more people say they won't be taking their kids/grandkids to watch local football

I’ll get shot down for this but I don’t get this claim! There’s still plenty of games that have no incidents and even at those that do, one can stand away from any trouble.

And in any case, a lot of the younger children that go are more interested in having a kick around themselves rather than watching anyway!

I know what you mean Dave,I think you have to accept certain teams have the potential for violent incidents.i would happily let my grandkids attend 90% of local games.

If I wasn't retired I would set up some anger management classes in callington,make a fortune 😝

On a serious note tho,how do we stamp out racist behaviour? 2nd incident in 2 weeks is awfull,hats off to the club for acting swftly but should the police of been called?

12 minutes ago, Cornishram said:

I think you have to accept certain teams have the potential for violent incidents.i

And you also have to accept that if you take the passion and desire to succeed out of the player, the games could well become non events and then we would also be complaining!

The game I went to Saturday was going along nicely, no real issues whatsoever and then all of a sudden two players get tangled up with each other and then the next moment the referee is having to break up a squabble!

We just don’t know what might happen and so it’s not always easy to prevent situations. However admittedly perhaps the regular offenders should face harsher punishments.

I think the reference to children and grandchildren not going to games any more, and in my personal case my partner, is more to do with the language from the benches and players. You just don't get it at other sporting games, I watch a lot of rugby and a fair bit of hockey, 2 very hard and fast games that football could learn a lot from. It comes down to respect for the officials and respect for your fellow players and opposition.

MQ

8 hours ago, tamar.man said:

Good post,yes pitch best so far, very green, as for the lights though I thought they were on a dimmer switch turned down low to save some leccy. 

I believe that the lights are the new LED version which do not light up the county which can be seen from miles away Tamar Man. They are more than adequate and I do not think will cost a fortune to run?

No one wants to see the passion removed from the game it’s a physical game. . But there needs to be club involvement from the chairmen of these clubs about the conduct of certain players and they  mangers they bring in. 
Social media doesn’t help. You see after when a bad tackle gone in or it’s kicked off. These players find it funny and the managers encourage it. 

I personally know of a couple of people that won’t go and watch thier local  dobwalls team due to bad experiences their on past 

it’s a real shame to be honest to me it’s a lot of Sunday league footballers and managers who have slowly spilled  into higher league football due to lack of quality  and have brought the Sunday morning hungover antics into the game. 

I think it comes down to personal preference. As a parent if you take your kids football you just have to accept the kids will hear some ‘naughty words’ 

it was the same when I went with my dad as a child 

I have been taking my youngest son to football ever since he could walk, I bet he’s been to more games then some adults. He’s heard it all but knows which words he’s not allowed to say.

I think it’s about educating them on what’s right and wrong 

17 minutes ago, Dane said:

I think it comes down to personal preference. As a parent if you take your kids football you just have to accept the kids will hear some ‘naughty words’ 

it was the same when I went with my dad as a child 

I have been taking my youngest son to football ever since he could walk, I bet he’s been to more games then some adults. He’s heard it all but knows which words he’s not allowed to say.

I think it’s about educating them on what’s right and wrong 

Agree but why should they see it in first place.  
let’s not beat around the bush. We all know on here there are certain players and managers on here that enjoy going away with argyle  for trouble and relish trouble . They now run football clubs.  We can pretend they don’t and bury your head in the sand. 

Agree with the above comments and I myself have been guilty of ranting and swearing in the dug out on occasion (something I’ve reflected on) but on the whole like to think I’ve got on with most officials that have crossed my path However I am aware it’s not a great look! 

I just think with how the world is now with the internet etc it’s getting increasingly difficult to shield kids away from the big bad world.  it’s very difficult being a parent these days my son is 9 and has an iPhone in one hand watching you tube and in the other hand his teddy for bed.  

As I said above I just try to educate mine as much as possible  and thankfully I haven’t ever heard him repeat anything he’s heard from football. ( that includes standing on the Stretford end at old Trafford, not just non league  ) 

13 hours ago, J dubz said:

I was at the launceston vs bude game. Bude the best team by a mile but struggled with the final ball a few times. Deservedly took the lead when tornado Bello came on as a sub and finished off a lovely team move. Launceston are a better side than what their league position shows, think they’ll pick up a bit in the next few weeks or so. Launceston equalised through a freak long range free kick that found their way in but bude retook their lead and asserted dominance through goals from Harry Hopcroft, Baga Mariko and josh Baxter. Bude seem to have a lot of quality and think they could challenge this year providing they keep their top players and play with abit of intensity which only seem to come in the second half tonight, maybe they thought tonight would be a lot easier than it was.

From watching all of Budes games this year callington seem to want to kick the shit out of everyone and dobwalls have a very angry management team so not surprised their game kicked off tonight. Any idea who the players where that got sent off? 

Tornado bello has another club? He covers miles in Cornwall I give him that. 

1 minute ago, cornish leg end said:

Sent to prison for a headbutt 😂😂😂 

It would probably be taken in to account of any previous attacks had taken place, but however it's dressed up, in the eyes of the law much of what happens on a football pitch if it happened in the street would be construed as common assault.

Still undecided as to what to make of last nights game at Lamtoon Park.

Took an obvious turn on 60 odd minutes.

Before that, don’t think I seem either team make 4/5 combined passes, showed exactly how far this league has gone down hill.

Callington need to look at themselves on all levels, got it back to 2-2, clearly on top and looked like the only winner and then players again show why they are playing at this level, just pure thickness. No excuse for the Dobwalls striker retaliating and head-butting but an additional 2 players maybe even 3 were lucky to stay on the pitch for Callington, 1 player in particular who should be setting an example to all his teammates was completely out of order in the way he behaved. Also surprised their dugout didn’t get sounded out for overcrowding!!!

Both teams be lucky to be in top 8 this year in what continues to be a poor league in terms of standards on all levels.

Looking forward to seeing if Newquay and Penzance can offer the same level off excitement tonight at Mount Wise.

3 hours ago, Pedro said:

I saw the guy being asked to leave but have never seen him at a peninsula game before and I have visited most clubs over a number of years.

He apparently apologised for what he said and said that he didn't mean to cause any offence?

All too easy for him to say that once he got found out. 

3 hours ago, cornish leg end said:

Sent to prison for a headbutt 😂😂😂 

Duncan Ferguson was sent to prison for a head but on a player!

Why is it always Dobwalls in the news for all the wrong reasons. They certainly are not keen on winning any friends and in particular the fair play award bless them. 

On 24/08/2022 at 08:39, Martin McHugh said:

I think the reference to children and grandchildren not going to games any more, and in my personal case my partner, is more to do with the language from the benches and players. You just don't get it at other sporting games, I watch a lot of rugby and a fair bit of hockey, 2 very hard and fast games that football could learn a lot from. It comes down to respect for the officials and respect for your fellow players and opposition.

MQ

I watched Callington and Camelford last week and heard the C word used at least 5 times all from the mouth of the Callington manager, absolute disgrace, he also spent 80% of the match on the pitch as there doesn't seem to be any technical area, the assistant ref must have been a family member or a friend as he did not take any action whatsoever, will never go to that ground again absolutely shameful.

3 minutes ago, hoppit said:

I watched Callington and Camelford last week and heard the C word used at least 5 times all from the mouth of the Callington manager, absolute disgrace, he also spent 80% of the match on the pitch as there doesn't seem to be any technical area, the assistant ref must have been a family member or a friend as he did not take any action whatsoever, will never go to that ground again absolutely shameful.

To some it's just passion,to me it's a ticking time bomb.

It's not a policy of ours to point an accusing finger at the men who have the unenviable task of keeping a check on players and club officials alike.
However the conduct of players and club officials is the responsibility of the referee from the moment they come under his jurisdiction at the venue of play.
He can suspend play for various reasons and deal with the perpetrators of an offence , amongst them foul play, foul language, pitch invasions, alcohol being consumed by spectators etc,etc, the list goes on considerably, so if the answer is in the hands of the official with the whistle, why doesn't it happen.
The answer is in the hands of the national F.A. who have given clubs the job of marking the refs performance, and are willing to accept the opinion of untrained club officials who have no qualifications relating to football at all.
To give an unbiased opinion of how an official who has passed an examination on his interpretation of the laws of the game, is unlikely if his decisions are controversial in the eyes of the unqualified  person marking him.
Some club marks are returned with a mark given  at a certain level to avoid having to supply a reason why the mark was so low unbelievably we are aware of a club in the North East where the bartender who hadn't even seen the match sent in his marks based on the opinion of a supporter.
The level at which a referee can officiate is governed in part by his performance marking, which in turn can be affected by him/her trying to avoid a low mark at the hands of a disgruntled club official.
The F.A. have the money but not the wit to recognise what an improvement the removal of this scheme and the installation of official assessors would mean to grassroot football.
i'm not a ref, never have been, but I do still have strong contacts with people involved with the game who are concerned with the long term progress of football in the lower leagues and the referees in it, who are as much needed to progrees up the ladder as are the football talent.
Lets hope that one day the F.A. will wake up and taste the coffee!

A great post and like you, I've not been a ref but I do try and talk to them when I can, like I would players and managers. One I spoke to not long ago said what you said. If he dealt with it how he wanted he'd risk chances of promotion, tasty games and cup matches. Not to mention FA competitions like the FA Cup and FA vase. They will make mistakes and my god I've seen some refereeing mistakes but they have one angle, no replay and one very short period of time in order to make a decision. Get VAR installed at all Cornish grounds and you'll have no mistakes from officials that can't be put right. It's time that the club committees got their act together and enforce tough policies at the club

Dobwalls getting some heat here  I don't watch them often.  Their rudinentary & robust playing style is not for me.

I have seen Cally Town more often. They appear these days to be a Plymouth ream with a beery Plymouth following  Too often Shaun Vincent and his sidekicks spend 90 minutes berating officials with a regular volley of expletives. 

A family member, who liked going to the Marsh, gave up on Cally after the fixture with Lanson last season. He described their aporoach as 'brutal' and 'bullying'  He hasn't been back since! 

It would be interesting to gave Shaun V's take on this, but come on fella, calm yourself qnd rwam down!