Jump to content
Cornwall Football Forum

ECPL Constitution 22/23


Recommended Posts

The full constitution for the ECPL for 22/23 is

St Dennis Reserves (voluntary relegation from St Piran)

Nanpean rovers (Promoted from Duchy league)

North Petherwin (Promoted from Duchy league)

Torpoint Athletic 

St Minver

Foxhole

St Teath 

Liskeard Athletic 

St Newlyn East 

St Blazey 

Roche

Newquay Academy 

St Stephen 

Looe Town 

 

The clubs voted to keep the constitution at 14 clubs. 

The league accepfed the name change of St Cleer to Liskeard Athletic

 

League to start on 13th August although this is the same weekend as the Boardmasters so some clubs may opf out.

 

Clive Rosevear Insurance League Cup first round draw

Torpoint Athletic v Liskeard Athletic 

Foxhole v St Stephen 

North Petherwin v Newquay Academy 

St Blazey v St Dennis 

Roche v Looe Town 

Nanpean Rovers v St Newlyn East 

Byes

St Teath 

St Minver 

 

Torpoint Athletic completed a clean sweep of awards by being awarded the referees top club for most points awarded. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • ECPL changed the title to ECPL Constitution 22/23
8 hours ago, Hawks91 said:

That meeting was ridiculous why wasn’t the constitution of number of teams voted in before the agm ??

before the 5 teams who gave up there time  went to that meeting shambles of a meeting 

 

The agenda for all AGMs is set out in the FA Standard Code of Rules. The constitution of the league and the filling of vacancies are both stipulated agenda items and can only be voted upon at an AGM.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, John Mead said:

The agenda for all AGMs is set out in the FA Standard Code of Rules. The constitution of the league and the filling of vacancies are both stipulated agenda items and can only be voted upon at an AGM.

The constitution for how many teams in the league wasn’t even on the agenda to be discussed it actually said they’re going to be 16 teams 

then the guy from st teath got his pants in a twist because they didn’t get st pirrans  because they finished like 7th he moaned that it would make the duchy weaker yet stopped the league his side are in from getting stronger 🙈 makes sense 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, Hawks91 said:

The constitution for how many teams in the league wasn’t even on the agenda to be discussed it actually said they’re going to be 16 teams 

then the guy from st teath got his pants in a twist because they didn’t get st pirrans  because they finished like 7th he moaned that it would make the duchy weaker yet stopped the league his side are in from getting stronger 🙈 makes sense 

Wasn’t it that was the wishes of league committee and no one had said anything prior to the night? So no fault of the league at all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, ECPL said:

The full constitution for the ECPL for 22/23 is

St Dennis Reserves (voluntary relegation from St Piran)

Nanpean rovers (Promoted from Duchy league)

North Petherwin (Promoted from Duchy league)

Torpoint Athletic 

St Minver

Foxhole

St Teath 

Liskeard Athletic 

St Newlyn East 

St Blazey 

Roche

Newquay Academy 

St Stephen 

Looe Town 

 

The clubs voted to keep the constitution at 14 clubs. 

The league accepfed the name change of St Cleer to Liskeard Athletic

 

League to start on 13th August although this is the same weekend as the Boardmasters so some clubs may opf out.

 

Clive Rosevear Insurance League Cup first round draw

Torpoint Athletic v Liskeard Athletic 

Foxhole v St Stephen 

North Petherwin v Newquay Academy 

St Blazey v St Dennis 

Roche v Looe Town 

Nanpean Rovers v St Newlyn East 

Byes

St Teath 

St Minver 

 

Torpoint Athletic completed a clean sweep of awards by being awarded the referees top club for most points awarded. 

 

Reading posts in the St piran section concerning St Cleer changing their name to Liskeard. It states  it's not an issue for promotion to the St Pirans, but if they are actually moving to lux park and basically a new club, then it is a issue and would not be allowed promotion.

If the person who made this statement is correct, he also states that it would also be an issue concerning the ecpl?

So should St Cleer/liskeard be allowed to continue in the ecpl if they are moving to Lux park?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Hawks91 said:

The constitution for how many teams in the league wasn’t even on the agenda to be discussed it actually said they’re going to be 16 teams 

then the guy from st teath got his pants in a twist because they didn’t get st pirrans  because they finished like 7th he moaned that it would make the duchy weaker yet stopped the league his side are in from getting stronger 🙈 makes sense 

The same chap from St Teath that just so happens to be on the league management committee.  It’s not what you know it’s who you know. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Cloughie said:

 

Reading posts in the St piran section concerning St Cleer changing their name to Liskeard. It states  it's not an issue for promotion to the St Pirans, but if they are actually moving to lux park and basically a new club, then it is a issue and would not be allowed promotion.

If the person who made this statement is correct, he also states that it would also be an issue concerning the ecpl?

So should St Cleer/liskeard be allowed to continue in the ecpl if they are moving to Lux park?

If the vote went no then St Cleer would have played at Lux Park so it was seen as easier to allow the change of name for that team from most clubs I would imagine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

North Petherwin First 24 19 3 2 86 60
2 Bude Town Reserves 24 18 3 3 41 57
3 Southgate Seniors First 24 15 7 2 43 52
4 Boscastle First 24 13 6 5 35 45
5 Dobwalls Reserves 23 13 2 8 27 41
6 St Breward First 24 11 5 8 -2 38
7 Polperro Reserves 24 9 2 13 -14 29
8 St Dominick Reserves 24 9 2 13 -43 29
9 Saltash United Third Team 23 8 4 11 -1 28
10 Lifton 1st 24 5 4 15 -33 19
11 Calstock First 24 5 3 16 -42 18
12 St Cleer Reserves 24 4 5 15 -30 17
13 Pensilva First 24 2 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, Adlestrop said:
North Petherwin First 24 19 3 2 86 60
2 Bude Town Reserves 24 18 3 3 41 57
3 Southgate Seniors First 24 15 7 2 43 52
4 Boscastle First 24 13 6 5 35 45
5 Dobwalls Reserves 23 13 2 8 27 41
6 St Breward First 24 11 5 8 -2 38
7 Polperro Reserves 24 9 2 13 -14 29
8 St Dominick Reserves 24 9 2 13 -43 29
9 Saltash United Third Team 23 8 4 11 -1 28
10 Lifton 1st 24 5 4 15 -33 19
11 Calstock First 24 5 3 16 -42 18
12 St Cleer Reserves 24 4 5 15 -30 17
13 Pensilva First 24 2 2

So we’re they in the top league? Duchy league is confusing i thought the Nanpean league was the top league. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, cornish leg end said:

Thanks Dave makes sense now although shame to have two top leagues. Wonder what changes will be made next season and if any new sides will be entering 

The idea of two Division Ones last season was to then after the promoted teams go up to ECPL, make a "Premier Division" from the top halves of them.

The bottom halves of each would become the new Division One and then they would have a Division Two below that. I'm assuming that is still the plan.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Foul Throw 3 said:

That's what I've heard too. With Lanreath and Wadebridge Reserves reforming to replace the two clubs promoted to the ECPL as well as other new clubs forming hopefully the Duchy league is strong again with a Prem, Div1 and so on.

Not sure Wadebridge are interested in the Duchy League. More likely to be entering the U23 mid-week league at Callywith.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I thought the ECPL would have been back to 16 teams this season. That was the plan from what I heard. 14 is a random number for a league at that level. 

Do St Cleer FC still exist then in any way? Or have they folded to become Liskeard reserves and thats it? 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Paul said:

I thought the ECPL would have been back to 16 teams this season. That was the plan from what I heard. 14 is a random number for a league at that level. 

Do St Cleer FC still exist then in any way? Or have they folded to become Liskeard reserves and thats it? 

 

That was the wish of the main committee but one of the club representatives suggested 14 on the night and that was what was voted through by the clubs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Will still be in the Duchy League as far as I’m aware

Lovely ground up at St Cleer, always enjoy a visit there. Cracking little stand. They even had pasties & hot drinks last time I went. Well worth a trip for those doing 'The Duchy League' 👍📸

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, bighairydave said:

That was the wish of the main committee but one of the club representatives suggested 14 on the night and that was what was voted through by the clubs.

Embarrassing 😂 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Rjw87 said:

That 1 person made a suggestion and all the sheep followed 😂 16 teams would of been much better and more competitive. 

Not all followed. Is that not how it works. Better than the league just pushing through what they wanted against the clubs wishes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, ECPL said:

Seems like the county FA are not happy bunnies.   Not good news for the Duchy league if they lose two more teams.  

It also means the league cup will have to be re drawn. 

Nobodies fault other the league committee for not following they’re own constitutional procedures.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, ECPL said:

What does that mean.  Seems odd the St Piran League can start with just 14 by rejecting 2 clubs.  While the ECPL clubs themselves voted for 14.  So its ok unless the county say otherwise. 

Could it be that 14 clubs would have been ok, if the league had followed the correct procedure?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, ECPL said:

What does that mean.  Seems odd the St Piran League can start with just 14 by rejecting 2 clubs.  While the ECPL clubs themselves voted for 14.  So its ok unless the county say otherwise. 

The St Piran league would have followed their constitution to arrive at 14 teams.

I obviously don’t know the finer details but county FA would only get involved if the league’s constitution wasn’t followed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

New constitution of 16 teams 

 

Wadebridge Town

St Columb Major

St Dennis

St Teath 

North Petherwin 

Torpoint athletic 

St Minver 

Foxhole

Newquay Academy 

Liskeard Athletic 

Nanpean Rovers

St Blazey 

LooeTown 

Roche

St Newlyn East 

St Stephen.

 

Lanreath and Lanivet withdrew application.  Which left Wadebridge. St Columb Major and Polzeath to vote on.   Wadebridge and St Columb are former members.

St Cleer to Liskeard name change was voted in.

 

Revised Clive Rosevear Insurance League cup draw

 

St Teath v North Petherwin 

St Dennis v Torpoint Athletic 

St Minver v Foxhole 

Nanpean v St Blazey 

Newquay Academy v Liskeard Athletic 

Looe Town v St Columb Major

Roche v Wadebridge Town 

St Newlyn East v St Stephen 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Liskeard AFC Reserves

Wadebridge Town Reserves

St Columb

Sides all voted into the ECPL on this evening's vote. The constitution remains at 16 with Clubs able to submit a proposed change in the New Year.

Good to see so many Clubs in attendance tonight and to see a few friendly faces. Whilst the League may have got things wrong at the first stab, at least they had the courage to stand up and apologise. I've also seen some mud thrown at Will Kitto this week which I believe was uncalled for. We're all entitled to our opinions, either for the best of our Clubs or the League as a whole. Let's remain in healthy debate. Looking forward to seeing most of you again in the 2022/23 season.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, ECPL said:

New constitution of 16 teams 

 

Wadebridge Town

St Columb Major

St Dennis

St Teath 

North Petherwin 

Torpoint athletic 

St Minver 

Foxhole

Newquay Academy 

Liskeard Athletic 

Nanpean Rovers

St Blazey 

LooeTown 

Roche

St Newlyn East 

St Stephen.

 

Lanreath and Lanivet withdrew application.  Which left Wadebridge. St Columb Major and Polzeath to vote on.   Wadebridge and St Columb are former members.

St Cleer to Liskeard name change was voted in.

 

Revised Clive Rosevear Insurance League cup draw

 

St Teath v North Petherwin 

St Dennis v Torpoint Athletic 

St Minver v Foxhole 

Nanpean v St Blazey 

Newquay Academy v Liskeard Athletic 

Looe Town v St Columb Major

Roche v Wadebridge Town 

St Newlyn East v St Stephen 

 

Just to confirm, the name change wasn’t voted in, St Cleer had to withdraw at the AGM and Liskeard Reserves were voted in as were St Columb and Wadebridge Reserves at the SGM.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, ECPL said:

Good to see 6 teams with floodlights.  Should help the fixtures. 

It says the St Piran League didnt reject w clubs.  If you look on St Piran site it says that none of the  applications were successful.   

The St Piran League didn’t reject them though. The constitution is decided at The FA level for Regional Feeder Leagues.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, ECPL said:

What does that mean.  Seems odd the St Piran League can start with just 14 by rejecting 2 clubs.  While the ECPL clubs themselves voted for 14.  So its ok unless the county say otherwise. 

The St Piran constitution is set by the FA as it is for all NLS Feeder League's.  It's a flexible, if that's the right word, number in that the minimum is 14 and the maximum is 16 unless 'the great majority' have lights in which case it can go to 18.  Its highly unlikely that we would ever get to 18.

If, after all promotion and relegation has taken place, vacancies exist the decision as to whether the vacancies are to be filled rests with Cornwall FA and the FA Leagues Committee.  St Minver in 4th applied but couldn't meet the ground grading criteria and Foxhole in 5th didn't apply. St Teath and St Cleer were not accepted under the FA's process.  This very different to other leagues operating under the standard code of rules where they can elect clubs to fill vacancies.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 15/06/2022 at 22:07, Hawks91 said:

That meeting was ridiculous why wasn’t the constitution of number of teams voted in before the agm ??

before the 5 teams who gave up there time  went to that meeting shambles of a meeting 

 

Personally jumping the gun and thinking that Major needed a top four finish to qualify for promotion..

But now St Columb have been given promotion to ECPL..

Congratulations Casey, you've done yourself and the town proud.

Keep up the good work and enjoy the experience...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Cloughie said:

Jumping the gun and thinking that Major needed a top four finish to qualify for promotion..

But now St Columb have been given promotion to ECPL..

Congratulations Casey, you've done yourself and the town proud.

Keep up the good work and enjoy the experience...

St Columb applied to join, like the other 4 teams. Don’t forget clubs withdrew last season so there was additional spaces. 
 

I think they will do well with a derby game thrown in the mix. A cracking set up etc. 

thought ECPL was quite strong last season, think it is stronger this season 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...