Cornwall Football Forum

Any Pre Season Transfer Rumours?

3 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

The suggestion is Tavistock tied up ensuring Liam Prynn via a contract which one presumes was satisfactory enough for the player to stay 

Tavistock will be an interesting one. Same as most seasons for them, keep the core together and make a few good additions (which they usually do).

All the squad is the right sort of age, and all seem willing to take on the extra commitment needed for step 4 football. Having Stuart Henderson at the helm as well (best manager around in my opinion)must make them confident going into the new campaign.

1 hour ago, Way Of The Park said:

Tavistock will be an interesting one. Same as most seasons for them, keep the core together and make a few good additions (which they usually do).

All the squad is the right sort of age, and all seem willing to take on the extra commitment needed for step 4 football. Having Stuart Henderson at the helm as well (best manager around in my opinion)must make them confident going into the new campaign.

Stu Henderson & Matt Cusack two local managers I hugely respect! Think Tavi will be comfortable  in SL (South).

14 hours ago, Both Sides of the Tamar said:

Stu Henderson & Matt Cusack two local managers I hugely respect! Think Tavi will be comfortable  in SL (South).

Given the majority of the squad have been together since the SWPL I’m delighted / not surprised they all fancy at least one season in the southern league together.

I genuinely don’t think there is a better manager around than Stu - given the budget he’s had he’s performed an absolute miracle with this club and long may it continue.

I think we’ll be fine next season - be interesting to see what sort of squad we can get to together for some long distance mid week trips.

41 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

Harrison Davies signs for Saltash. Probably 1 of parkways best player over the last couple seasons. Just seem to lose his way after injury. Saltash have 1 he’ll of a squad will make them favourites to go up. 

Very good player, but Parkway is the third club he seemed to lose his way at after a superb start (Tiverton and Truro before that). If they get him back to his best and keep him there, then The Ashes will have made a brilliant signing.

27 minutes ago, Way Of The Park said:

Very good player, but Parkway is the third club he seemed to lose his way at after a superb start (Tiverton and Truro before that). If they get him back to his best and keep him there, then The Ashes will have made a brilliant signing.

It’s a strange one as he was arguably parkways best player a stages the  season before. 
he seemed to get injured and parkway got in a player that took his place. 
The river Allen situation didn’t help either at parkway  as  I believe his sister is the partner of river Allen 

he will be a cracking player for Saltash in that league. 

4 minutes ago, secretscout said:

Millbrooks Captain Tom Payne is off to Helston according to the talk around the Torpoint area this morning. Ricky Shepherd will be the next to join him is the mutterings.

Wouldn’t have minded Rikki back at Tavistock. 

Think Millbrook needs to get fresh players into the first team, Tom will be a great asset to Helston and obviously a loss to Millbrook but plenty in the team who can take a penalty and who can lead. Hope to see a more youthful team which can develop 

On 13/06/2022 at 21:03, cornish leg end said:

Not sure James Lorenzo to helston would be a good signing he’s tryed higher league and always struggled. Richards would hit the ground running know Matt and what he wants from him. But long way to drive for a home game on a Wednesday night! 

He struggled at Truro in the Southern Premier League.

He would be fine at Western League level.

Milbrook always seemed to keep the same core of players but now the team seems to be being enticed away with better money.  had a terrible end to the season seem to be when shepherd was missing who scored most of the goals. Not sure who they have signed for this season  .but would imagine they need a good few in to survive. 

I saw James Lorenz play in pre season friendlies in 2019 for Truro he was poor and Truro didnt take him on i dont think he played any games in the league for Truro Max Gilbert played in the pre season matches as well that year and he didnt play well either ,i think they are both great players Max more than James 1 week he can be brilliant then next awful .I thought Dan Sullivan had joined Truro .Stu Bowker will be a good signing i thought all along he would end up back at Bodmin but a lot slimmer than when he last played there for him 

1 hour ago, 100%cornish said:

I saw James Lorenz play in pre season friendlies in 2019 for Truro he was poor and Truro didnt take him on i dont think he played any games in the league for Truro Max Gilbert played in the pre season matches as well that year and he didnt play well either ,i think they are both great players Max more than James 1 week he can be brilliant then next awful .I thought Dan Sullivan had joined Truro .Stu Bowker will be a good signing i thought all along he would end up back at Bodmin but a lot slimmer than when he last played there for him 

Both still not good enough to step up in my eyes to western league. 
Stu bowker will be a top signing for any club but Bodmin need a player like him a leader and a winner! Will help the younger players but he’s still good enough to play higher so will be a tough decision for him. 

None of you actually know why James Lorenz didn’t end up playing for Truro but I don’t understand why it’s of interest when it’s been and gone?! It certainly wasn’t ability related. 
And he’s been dual signed for Parkway for a couple seasons so obviously someone thinks he’s good enough to hold his own in the Southern League.

8 hours ago, Toroloco13 said:

None of you actually know why James Lorenz didn’t end up playing for Truro but I don’t understand why it’s of interest when it’s been and gone?! It certainly wasn’t ability related. 
And he’s been dual signed for Parkway for a couple seasons so obviously someone thinks he’s good enough to hold his own in the Southern League.

By all accounts, James Lorenz is a good bloke, who enjoys playing for his hometown club and scoring (lots) of goals. Sounds alright to me.

1 hour ago, Buckland Jim said:

Thanks, I didn't recognise the name, realise my post questioning it may have sounded disrespectful but wasn't meant to be! 

Young lad who was at Argyle... Been around a few clubs in the past couple of seasons. 

Big lad but a bit raw still....... Could do well up top for Bodmin or could dissappear off to another club

11 hours ago, Tavi Fan said:

Where are you playing next season Stu? 

No where yet bud still playing cricket 🏏 at the minute enjoying my time away from football at the minute had a few offers but nothing that’s stood out to me yet 

1 hour ago, 100%cornish said:

Played a few games for Wadebridge last season as well very good player 

Was on a work experience loan at Parkway towards the end of the cancelled 2019/20 season. They had him for the 2020/21 pre season and he appeared in a few friendlies, and they were keen to keep him (I believe) but it wasn't  possible to register him for the Western League as he was on a professional contract with Argyle at the time. He went to Dorchester for a while on loan, before he was released by Argyle and had a short spell at Bideford. Was then a fringe player at Saltash and had a few matches at Wadebridge. Undoubtedly a decent player but, as with plenty of youngsters that get released by pro clubs, has lost his way a bit (injuries haven't helped) big chance for him though at Bodmin where'll he probably be a first choice in the side. 

5 hours ago, Monsoon said:

According to Hayden yesterday

Wilson is Hayden’s third signing since taking charge at Priory Park following the arrival of Dobwalls duo Jordan Duffey and Jordan Hogan and will link up with 31-goal striker Dan Jennings at Priory Park.

Hope that's not a misprint on a new shirt in the photo .Don't think the sponsor will be happy .🤔

1 hour ago, silly billy said:

How's the ground improvements coming at Bickland, hope the F troop professionals have been busy 🤞

Indeed they have Billy . Thanks for asking .F Troop volunteers day 24 / 7 to do the final touches .see you there ,I'll get you a pint and a pasty after .👍

1 hour ago, mattelot said:

Still no signings at Kellaway Bash .And struggling for opposition for friendlies. 🤔

Who knows. Maybe the club are keeping their powder dry and who would blame them with all the vitriol it has endured over the last year or so especially from the experts on this forum. I guess it will continue this year.