Cornwall Football Forum

Any Pre Season Transfer Rumours?

18 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Well Matt would have first hand knowledge on whether it’s a good signing to go through or not!

River Allen ?? lol and Steve Massey thought Stu bowker was a bad influence in the dressing room 😂😂

a very good player but pretty much downed tools soon as a club offered him more money . Will cost a fair bit of Steve wallet. 

9 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

River Allen ?? lol and Steve Massey thought Stu bowker was a bad influence in the dressing room 😂😂

Chatted to River a couple of times, and he's seemed a decent bloke, but yes, heard that he can be a disruptive influence. Hard to see where he ends up, doubt Tavi or Bideford can afford him at step 4, burnt his bridges at Tiverton, can't see him at Truro and apparently Taunton turned him down when he made no secret of wanting to play alongside Rocky Neal with them a few years back. Leaves two step 5 clubs with big backing, Barnstaple (who pursued him last season) and Helston as probable destinations.

Just now, Way Of The Park said:

Chatted to River a couple of times, and he's seemed a decent bloke, but yes, heard that he can be a disruptive influence. Hard to see where he ends up, doubt Tavi or Bideford can afford him at step 4, burnt his bridges at Tiverton, can't see him at Truro and apparently Taunton turned him down when he made no secret of wanting to play alongside Rocky Neal with them a few years back. Leaves two step 5 clubs with big backing, Barnstaple (who pursued him last season) and Helston as probable destinations.

I believe this is what caused the split. Barnstaple made contact he said yes to a massive amount of money for a team that was going to be relegated.  parkway had him under contract. And he was the captain. Told Barnstaple he cost 5 grand. That was end of it. He was effectively in the wilderness 

also told a lot of the squad didn’t want him back . 

49 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

I believe this is what caused the split. Barnstaple made contact he said yes to a massive amount of money for a team that was going to be relegated.  parkway had him under contract. And he was the captain. Told Barnstaple he cost 5 grand. That was end of it. He was effectively in the wilderness 

also told a lot of the squad didn’t want him back . 

Heard from regular Bolitho attendees that Parkway played better without River Allen in the side. Billy Palfrey and Matt Andrew were the two that made the midfield tick.

1 hour ago, sportsman10 said:

You do feel sorry peninsular league next season because what ever way you look at it the western league with all the changes and grudge matches is going be some league next season with some quality games. 

Sadly was always going to be the case, it will become a park league over the next few seasons, however I would love to see Phil Hiscox running the Western league, now that would be some transfer!

3 hours ago, Footy Detective said:

Sadly was always going to be the case, it will become a park league over the next few seasons, however I would love to see Phil Hiscox running the Western league, now that would be some transfer!

Phil will be involved in someway I am sure when the new structure comes in during 23/24 when both leagues will be coming together.

19 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

Callum obrien back to his home town club Saltash from last season title winning torpoint team. 
guess Dane moving on meant Callum would return. Good signing for Danny and Shane 

If only they could get him really fit.. Imagine how good he would be. 

Old school defender who defends first......... Definitely a good signing

4 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

Fit ? Don’t think he misses many games. He never going to be a slim athletic player but he prob one of the best around at his position 

Brilliant player - might not be the most pleasing on the eye but you’d have him in the trenches with you every single time. 

Callum O,Brien is a brilliant player he was my mom for Torpoint vs Falmouth and also for Cornwall vs Devon any team would of liked a player of his Calibre doesnt matter about his shape hes still a class act like Bobby Hopkinson . 

Out doggy walking i got talking to a Newquay player and he told me there is going to be some top signings there and he said Orlando Anker is coming back after being released from Tiverton ,he played for 4 teams in 1 season Newquay .Helston ,Bodmin and Tiverton and possibly Saltash hes a great player but a very greedy player but i would love to see him back at Mt Wise even better at the G but the G are building a good young team 

16 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

Fit ? Don’t think he misses many games. He never going to be a slim athletic player but he prob one of the best around at his position 

Good, old school, win the ball, head it, clear it, centre back. The opposition can't score if the ball is in their own half. Great signing for the Ashes, big loss for Torpoint. 

10 minutes ago, Foul Throw 3 said:

Scott Crocker elsewhere or a 4th? I know he played for Launceston a couple of times as well last year but predominantly Saltash 1st team.

Scott Crocker has moved to Buckland and Tom Cleveland has moved back to Liskeard.

2 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

Huges , Carter and smith with  miller behind and obrien in defence and Shane krac breathing down their neck pushing them to win  they must be serious title contenders. 

I wait to see what Massey and cusuck do to strengthen helston  

Harrison Davies teaming up also I’ve been told

38 minutes ago, SCFC said:

Sounds like an exciting time to be a Saltash fan! Early season signings being made, with a return of a familiar face which will no doubt boost the squad. Expecting a good promotion push this year

Always thought that with a selection of decent signings and a strong start to the season, the Dane Bunney drama will soon be forgotten.

Rumours Helston desperately trying to get Ryan Richards and James Lorenz in . Matt knows Ryan well. Can he talk  him in to travelling to helston. Would be some strike force. 

Heard rumours about another striker from a South East Cornwall club interesting Helston.

4 hours ago, Footy follower said:

Just need to sort the spectator viewing out now (the closed areas) 

In hand. 

Callington Road side is ‘easier’ to sort out once the grants are released from FA (but we aren’t alone in issues there) and using what’s in situ plus the London 2012 barriers I got the club with concrete, it’s a project but should be sortable. 

Police Station end- all hinges on the location of the drainage and electrical and services from police station, Shado centre etc. Thanks to Waterways who are helping with surveys etc we can then plan that end. But will not be an open grass bank moving forward , but those utilities plus Cornwall Council will help determine the plans. Little we can do but plan and sort then the usual apply for more grants etc. 

Are Falmouth looking to bring anyone else in or just going with the team that got them promoted ?? I know they a good team but did come unstuck last season when playing a western league team would have thought 1 or 2 more experienced players on that league would help. 
also where Jordan annear going this season is he signing for Falmouth  ? Always seems to have about 5-6 clubs a season. 

36 minutes ago, Footy follower said:

This threads called rumours... So I think you're meant to say a name

Makes you wonder if all these rumours and I’ve heard comments are people just wanting their 5 minutes in the sun rather than having any substance at all. 

34 minutes ago, Philheybrookbay said:

In hand. 

Callington Road side is ‘easier’ to sort out once the grants are released from FA (but we aren’t alone in issues there) and using what’s in situ plus the London 2012 barriers I got the club with concrete, it’s a project but should be sortable. 

Police Station end- all hinges on the location of the drainage and electrical and services from police station, Shado centre etc. Thanks to Waterways who are helping with surveys etc we can then plan that end. But will not be an open grass bank moving forward , but those utilities plus Cornwall Council will help determine the plans. Little we can do but plan and sort then the usual apply for more grants etc. 

St Day not having issues with grants 

8 minutes ago, The Observer__ said:

St Day not having issues with grants 

Yes so I heard last night at St Pirans AGM. Amazing plans which will match Wendron Utd. 

Depends on the system applied for of which there’s multiples (including external streams) and a recent change of FA release process. Spoke openly to other clubs last night and we aren’t alone Observer. Far from it- issues with clubs from Cumbria to Kent, from Northumberland to Cornwall.

C’est la Guerre  

Personally, unless a team really struggled last season, I see no benefit in completely overhauling your squad, as generally, the team doesn’t start too well (being practically a new team) and those recently signed players start looking elsewhere and eventually go. Not convinced by all these high profile signings or potential signings. Tavistock seem to have a good blueprint to follow, a good loyal core with the odd signing here and there.

15 minutes ago, Yourhavingalaugh said:

Personally, unless a team really struggled last season, I see no benefit in completely overhauling your squad, as generally, the team doesn’t start too well (being practically a new team) and those recently signed players start looking elsewhere and eventually go. Not convinced by all these high profile signings or potential signings. Tavistock seem to have a good blueprint to follow, a good loyal core with the odd signing here and there.

Millbrook tried to do just that. Started off quite well but pretty much fell away down the table as the season and number of games caught up with them. 

1 hour ago, Philheybrookbay said:

In hand. 

Great news... Thanks for the update phil

5 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

Are Falmouth looking to bring anyone else in or just going with the team that got them promoted ?? I know they a good team but did come unstuck last season when playing a western league team would have thought 1 or 2 more experienced players on that league would help. 
also where Jordan annear going this season is he signing for Falmouth  ? Always seems to have about 5-6 clubs a season. 

Maybe the plan for Falmouth remains unchanged from the one which has brought them so much success and stability. "Evolution, not revolution" 

It seems to breed loyalty and commitment in the players and it appears to be sustainable over time.

Clearly it will be much tougher next season and the F-Troop will need to be patient during the inevitable draws and losses that will come. (Hopefully not to many though!)

Whatever happens, it will be an exciting season of new challenges and new towns and grounds to visit and no doubt the F-Troop will put a smile on a few club treasurers and landlord's faces on the way!

18 hours ago, Philheybrookbay said:

In hand. 

Callington Road side. That is where the tea hut was located. One of the 2 ladies who served you was very short and had to stand on a box to reach the counter. Used to sell big individual chocolate digestives. About the size of a CD. 

Police station end? Surely you mean the Kimberley Kop 

12 hours ago, The Town Man said:

Maybe the plan for Falmouth remains unchanged from the one which has brought them so much success and stability. "Evolution, not revolution" 

It seems to breed loyalty and commitment in the players and it appears to be sustainable over time.

Clearly it will be much tougher next season and the F-Troop will need to be patient during the inevitable draws and losses that will come. (Hopefully not to many though!)

Whatever happens, it will be an exciting season of new challenges and new towns and grounds to visit and no doubt the F-Troop will put a smile on a few club treasurers and landlord's faces on the way!

I agree think you will hold your own. Just surprised you haven’t made a signing that will give you the edge in that league.  
I know you budget probably miles off helston etc but I wonder if you could have got in Liam prynn or even got stu bowker  

I agree think you will hold your own. Just surprised you haven’t made a signing that will give you the edge in that league.  
I know you budget probably miles off helston etc but I wonder if you could have got in Liam prynn or even got stu bowker  

The suggestion is Tavistock tied up ensuring Liam Prynn via a contract which one presumes was satisfactory enough for the player to stay