Jump to content
Cornwall Football Forum

Any Pre Season Transfer Rumours?


Recommended Posts

On 04/05/2022 at 16:02, sportsman10 said:

I recon Dan Sullivan will end up at parkway with Ben adlesbury , Rocky and Ryan Brett 

Jack crago back at tavi. 
 

adam Carter back to Bodmin 

sam huges from Saltash to Buckland 

Would certainly like to see Sam Hughes at Buckland, would fit in well. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

Tavistock have retained the whole squad for next season. Was a rumour a couple were moving on but Henderson done well again to the keep the whole team together when bigger money is waved in front of players.  and I think they hold their own in that league.  

The players aren’t money motivated at Tavistock it seems and long may it continue ❤️🖤

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, sportsman10 said:

Would imagine now Reece Thompson moved on to moushole that Saltash will bring in adam Carter.

Odd move hasn’t Reece Thompson turned down parkway 2 times to now end up miles away playing at mousehole 

Doesn't fancy the new Saltash management team or their recruitment plans?

Mousehole under Jake Ash is a great place for promising youngsters to kick on. Only have to look at the likes of Tallan Mitchell, Jack Calver and Hayden Turner

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Footy Detective said:

I saw Anthony Lynch play for Buckland probably in his twilight years but he was some striker.

you probably need someone along those lines but they are not going to come cheap.

What a finisher he was for us, could always rely on Lynchy to get you out that hole. Sadly players like him don't come around very often (or cheaply)  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Way Of The Park said:

Doesn't fancy the new Saltash management team or their recruitment plans?

Mousehole under Jake Ash is a great place for promising youngsters to kick on. Only have to look at the likes of Tallan Mitchell, Jack Calver and Hayden Turner

Nothing to do with the money being thrown at them?

I get what you’re saying though - despite underachieving last season there does appear to be a good setup down there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Buckland Jim said:

What a finisher he was for us, could always rely on Lynchy to get you out that hole. Sadly players like him don't come around very often (or cheaply)  

Although I grew up in Torquay I was actually living in Taunton when I first heard about Lynchy scoring plenty at (think I'm right) Liverton United. He would have been around 21 or 22 then and I was never aware of him being known as a youth prospect. Suddenly he couldn't stop scoring and there was talk of Torquay United being interested; I'm pretty certain he did play a few games for the club in the Devon St Luke's. But it was Taunton Town - Western League in those days - where he really made his name either side of a spell at Tiverton Town. Bigger clubs were often rumoured to be interested but it was said Lynchy was making a decent living as a window fitter and could never be persuaded.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Easterfield said:

Although I grew up in Torquay I was actually living in Taunton when I first heard about Lynchy scoring plenty at (think I'm right) Liverton United. He would have been around 21 or 22 then and I was never aware of him being known as a youth prospect. Suddenly he couldn't stop scoring and there was talk of Torquay United being interested; I'm pretty certain he did play a few games for the club in the Devon St Luke's. But it was Taunton Town - Western League in those days - where he really made his name either side of a spell at Tiverton Town. Bigger clubs were often rumoured to be interested but it was said Lynchy was making a decent living as a window fitter and could never be persuaded.

 

That is indeed correct he was at Liverton when Torquay came sniffing and if memory serves me correctly, was offered a deal at Plainmoor. He declined it though as he could earn more from his window fitting business. Sadly, that says a lot about Torquay at that time. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

I have been told by a friend who lives in Bodmin Adam Carter is returning there as well as Levi Landricombe ,Stu Bowker is going to Saltash and Louis Price is going back to Newquay from Mousehole .Only Rumours 

Carter and landricombe back to Bodmin that must be about the 20th time they have  gone back there  Like a continuous revolving door. 
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Both great players !

Remember  Carts at The Point  ( winning the leagues Golden boot too ) and Levi at Holsworthy .

who wouldn’t want them in their team ?

 

7 hours ago, Buckland Jim said:

That is indeed correct he was at Liverton when Torquay came sniffing and if memory serves me correctly, was offered a deal at Plainmoor. He declined it though as he could earn more from his window fitting business. Sadly, that says a lot about Torquay at that time. 

I heard many years ago that it was Exeter City who offered him a full time contract but with what they offered with a whole host of restrictions he could earn far more playing for Taunton or Tiverton with his earnings on top ? Perhaps you guys could elaborate? But still one hell of a striker who could have, an easily have been a pro player .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, sportsman10 said:

Carter and landricombe back to Bodmin that must be about the 20th time they have  gone back there  Like a continuous revolving door. 
 

I’ve heard Carter to Saltash to link up with ex teammate Krac.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, 100%cornish said:

I have been told by a friend who lives in Bodmin Adam Carter is returning there as well as Levi Landricombe ,Stu Bowker is going to Saltash and Louis Price is going back to Newquay from Mousehole .Only Rumours 

I can confirm I’m not going saltash lol 😂 well if I am it’s the first I’ve heard of it I don’t do hoops or stripes they aren’t very slimming lol 😂 but Kracy knows my number if he wants a chat 😂 also if you want a little scoop put some money on Carts to saltash 😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Footy Detective said:

Both great players !

Remember  Carts at The Point  ( winning the leagues Golden boot too ) and Levi at Holsworthy .

who wouldn’t want them in their team ?

 

I heard many years ago that it was Exeter City who offered him a full time contract but with what they offered with a whole host of restrictions he could earn far more playing for Taunton or Tiverton with his earnings on top ? Perhaps you guys could elaborate? But still one hell of a striker who could have, an easily have been a pro player .

Exeter may well have done as well, wouldn't surprise me. Certainly could have made it at pro-level, but he had his head screwed on the right way and put his financial future first. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Stu B said:

I can confirm I’m not going saltash lol 😂 well if I am it’s the first I’ve heard of it I don’t do hoops or stripes they aren’t very slimming lol 😂 but Kracy knows my number if he wants a chat 😂 also if you want a little scoop put some money on Carts to saltash 😉

Pre season training starts soon you must know your new football home  sorted by now 😉

Or has Massey  made a u turn  as Dan Jennings and James Lorenz  has turned him down   and he worked out   he needs you back after all.  😂   ( tell him you want an extra week in Tenerife if he does ) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Footy Detective said:

I heard many years ago that it was Exeter City who offered him a full time contract but with what they offered with a whole host of restrictions he could earn far more playing for Taunton or Tiverton with his earnings on top ? Perhaps you guys could elaborate? But still one hell of a striker who could have, an easily have been a pro player .

Following Torquay United at the time I was far more aware of Antony Lynch being linked to that club than any other. I'm pretty certain it was reported by the local paper, which held back on speculation, that Torquay wanted to sign him on non-contract terms at one stage and were ready to name him in the squad for the next game. He declined.

That would have either been when he was at Liverton or when he was non-contract at Taunton. That was the time of the very first Internet message boards and any player scoring fifty goals a season was bound to attract interest. In time plenty of Exeter, Torquay and Yeovil supporters would have been calling for his signing without ever seeing him play.

The same would have been true of Adam Stansfield who, of course, proved to be an excellent lower division striker. Exeter and Torquay were fully aware of Stansfield but dithered as he went to Yeovil. Much the same might have been said, in the way these things often are as part of football's mythology, that Torquay United prevaricated as Exeter City nipped in for Tony Kellow. All I know is that Torquay had Fred Binney and let him go at a time when, to be fair, they had an exceptional side. 

I started watching Taunton Town on a semi-regular basis in the late 1980s and Antony Lynch was the third prolofic goalscorer I'd seen at Wordsworth Drive after Phil Hunt from Paignton and Andy Perrett, a player Terry Rowles brought down from Bristol. Watching both I suspected that some players are made for scoring loads of goals at a certain level but not much higher. Lynch was younger than them, and maybe a cut above, and was part of tremendous strike partnership with Ellis Laight. They were different types, Laight less of a goalscorer but more creative. I would have put them on a par with each other and my consolation, from a Torquay perspective, was that Ellis Laight fell a little short when it came to the Football League. Another way of looking at it might have been that, had Truro City climbed the leagues sooner, Laight and Lynch may have been worthy predecessors to Andy Watkins and Stewart Yetton. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Buckland Jim said:

That is indeed correct he was at Liverton when Torquay came sniffing and if memory serves me correctly, was offered a deal at Plainmoor. He declined it though as he could earn more from his window fitting business. Sadly, that says a lot about Torquay at that time. 

All too easy to keep digressing on this one.

I'm pretty certain Anthony Lynch appeared for Torquay United when they beat Exeter City to win the 1998 Devon St Luke's final.  TUFC Jon would be able to confirm. Lynch would have been 22 or 23 at the time; rumour has it he played for another club in another county competition that season and may not have been strictly eligible. 

Torquay nearly got promoted that season - it took years for me to get Leyton Orient and Wembley out of my system - but the suspicion is that Lynchy would have been offered terms appropriate to him being player twenty-two in a twenty-two man squad. Not a lot at all.

A better deal for him may have been good semi-professional money at somewhere such as Bath or Weymouth but that was never easy for South Devon players (let alone their Cornish counterparts). 

When do we start talking about Mark Loram?  Another thread perhaps.          

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Easterfield said:

All too easy to keep digressing on this one.

I'm pretty certain Anthony Lynch appeared for Torquay United when they beat Exeter City to win the 1998 Devon St Luke's final.  TUFC Jon would be able to confirm. Lynch would have been 22 or 23 at the time; rumour has it he played for another club in another county competition that season and may not have been strictly eligible. 

Torquay nearly got promoted that season - it took years for me to get Leyton Orient and Wembley out of my system - but the suspicion is that Lynchy would have been offered terms appropriate to him being player twenty-two in a twenty-two man squad. Not a lot at all.

A better deal for him may have been good semi=professional money at somewhere such as Bath or Weymouth but that was never easy for South Devon players (let alone their Cornish counterparts). 

When do we start talking about Mark Loram?            

Ah, Mark Loram... Brixham's finest. That could be a whole new thread altogether 🍺

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Easterfield said:

Following Torquay United at the time I was far more aware of Antony Lynch being linked to that club than any other. I'm pretty certain it was reported by the local paper, which held back on speculation, that Torquay wanted to sign him on non-contract terms at one stage and were ready to name him in the squad for the next game. He declined.

That would have either been when he was at Liverton or when he was non-contract at Taunton. That was the time of the very first Internet message boards and any player scoring fifty goals a season was bound to attract interest. In time plenty of Exeter, Torquay and Yeovil supporters would have been calling for his signing without ever seeing him play.

The same would have been true of Adam Stansfield who, of course, proved to be an excellent lower division striker. Exeter and Torquay were fully aware of Stansfield but dithered as he went to Yeovil. Much the same might have been said, in the way these things often are as part of football's mythology, that Torquay United prevaricated as Exeter City nipped in for Tony Kellow. All I know is that Torquay had Fred Binney and let him go at a time when, to be fair, they had an exceptional side. 

I started watching Taunton Town on a semi-regular basis in the late 1980s and Antony Lynch was the third prolofic goalscorer I'd seen at Wordsworth Drive after Phil Hunt from Paignton and Andy Perrett, a player Terry Rowles brought down from Bristol. Watching both I suspected that some players are made for scoring loads of goals at a certain level but not much higher. Lynch was younger than them, and maybe a cut above, and was part of tremendous strike partnership with Ellis Laight. They were different types, Laight less of a goalscorer but more creative. I would have put them on a par with each other and my consolation, from a Torquay perspective, was that Ellis Laight fell a little short when it came to the Football League. Another way of looking at it might have been that, had Truro City climbed the leagues sooner, Laight and Lynch may have been worthy predecessors to Andy Watkins and Stewart Yetton. 

Going way off topic here I know, but Chris Souness would have played alongside Phil Hunt at Taunton. Souness was a very underrated striker for many years at South Western and Western League level. Believe as well that he played in three Western League title winning sides over four seasons with three different clubs (Saltash in 86/87,  Liskeard 87/88 and Taunton 89/90). If correct,this must be some sort of record. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

Pre season training starts soon you must know your new football home  sorted by now 😉

Or has Massey  made a u turn  as Dan Jennings and James Lorenz  has turned him down   and he worked out   he needs you back after all.  😂   ( tell him you want an extra week in Tenerife if he does ) 

Yellow and Black for you Bowks .No  dropping down a level ,no stripes or hoops ,so that's Buckland .And if that certain apologetic  person comes calling again you can tell him to Buck off .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Saltash to splash the cash this season hence why brought in Krac with his contacts and cash through sponsorship and not going for the UEFA A/B licence coach they advertised for. Carter coming in +/- Levi landricombe, trying to get Callum O’brien back, plus a few released from parkway 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, FootballChat said:

Are Saltash really going to want to splash the cash though? 
Runour has it that they absolutely do NOT want to go to Southern League so why bother spending big time if only aiming for 3rd/4th?

You think krac would get involved if they had no ambition to move up the league ? From what I was told it’s the opposite. Plenty of money from the new sponsor. 1 reason the stadium name was changed. 

I do believe they Danny and Shane have tried to get Ryan Richards back but he wants to stay at torpoint maybe why they now gone for Levi landricombe 
players like Carter. Landricombe , Matt Andrew and Harrison Davies don’t come cheap if they are the players krac has persuaded to sign 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

You think krac would get involved if they had no ambition to move up the league ? From what I was told it’s the opposite. Plenty of money from the new sponsor. 1 reason the stadium name was changed. 

I do believe they Danny and Shane have tried to get Ryan Richards back but he wants to stay at torpoint maybe why they now gone for Levi landricombe 
players like Carter. Landricombe , Matt Andrew and Harrison Davies don’t come cheap if they are the players krac has persuaded to sign 

One of the concerns that was raised last season was that the Ashes were an ageing group of players, and that a rebuild was needed. Adam Carter, Levi Landricombe and Matt Andrew are all 30 plus. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

Pre season training starts soon you must know your new football home  sorted by now 😉

Or has Massey  made a u turn  as Dan Jennings and James Lorenz  has turned him down   and he worked out   he needs you back after all.  😂   ( tell him you want an extra week in Tenerife if he does ) 

Haha 😂 erm I’m pretty much all done ✍🏼  should be an announcement later this week all being well 🤞🏻 😉

10 hours ago, mattelot said:

Yellow and Black for you Bowks .No  dropping down a level ,no stripes or hoops ,so that's Buckland .And if that certain apologetic  person comes calling again you can tell him to Buck off .

I definitely won’t be dropping back down no and I have a brief conversation with the new Buckland manager but unfortunately he never came back to me. As for that certain person he most certainly will not get my services again 😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, The Observer__ said:

Hearing Jake Miller has signed for Saltash 

Very talented player, but how long will he stick around at Saltash?9

He racked up three clubs in the 2021/22 season.(four if you count committing to Bideford in pre season, but never appearing for them).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Way Of The Park said:

Very talented player, but how long will he stick around at Saltash?9

He racked up three clubs in the 2021/22 season.(four if you count committing to Bideford in pre season, but never appearing for them).

Thought he left tavi to go back to Bodmin  because of the commitment to travel and his job. Seems odd he gone back to a club that will have to travel  again 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I really like Stu B hes not afraid to come on here and give you a straight answer not many do that i have watched him over the years when he was at Bodmin and severel times for Helston and he has always got time for the supporters . He was treated badly at Helston this season i saw him in pre season at Wadebridge and Sticker and he looked in great shape and has had a good season scoring and setting up goals and he will always give 100% but if a certain person at Helston thinks you are to outspoken you are just kicked out of the club its happened a lot there so many good players gone . I wish Stu all the best wherever he goes he will be a asset to any team wish he was playing in my town for the G or Newquay 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Let’s go for being the manager! 

Matt Cusack would be subject to major back seat driving by Steve Massey (in whatever job title he gives himself).

After being very much number 2 at Parkway to Lee Hobbs, can't see him going to another club where he isn't fully in charge.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Way Of The Park said:

Matt Cusack would be subject to major back seat driving by Steve Massey (in whatever job title he gives himself).

After being very much number 2 at Parkway to Lee Hobbs, can't see him going to another club where he isn't fully in charge.

Would wonder if he would take Matt Godfrey and Stu Dudley from parkway as part of his staff 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Non League fan said:

Mr Massey was a good player but he is not a successful manager in my opinion! I’ve heard good reviews about Mr Cusack! 

I have never played for Mr Massey but I know players who have and they say his style is a screaming and shouting in your face manager with no idea on tactics or how to put something right other than get out the cheque book again.

As you say,Steve was a fairly decent lower league player in his day who happened to marry into a family with more than a bob or two.

There is no doubt he is passionate about football and it is now his “hobby plaything “ and there are plenty of cash starved clubs willing to engage his services, but he is no manager, get into bed with the Devil as they say ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...