Cornwall Football Forum

Any Pre Season Transfer Rumours?

39 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

I recon Dan Sullivan will end up at parkway with Ben adlesbury , Rocky and Ryan Brett 

Jack crago back at tavi. 

adam Carter back to Bodmin 

sam huges from Saltash to Buckland 

Jack crago back to tavi?? Had a good season at parkway?

1 hour ago, Tavi Fan said:

Taxi driver story this but a genuine one.

My mate works with a family member of Dan sullivan and he said his move to Truro has been in the pipeline for some while.

Why on earth would he leave Taunton playing in front of 800-1000 odd to a club that has no ground, no  ambition and plays in front of about 40 people  ??

19 minutes ago, Tavi Fan said:

That’s what I thought.

However my source was surprised when I said he hadn’t joined Truro yet - implying it’s been done for a while

Would imagine Paul wotton been after him for ages but I’m sure parkway will put an offer in to him. And honestly if he has a choice it’s no brainer parkway every day 

Truro no longer have the offer of higher league football with parkway now in same league. 

1 hour ago, CornishHopper said:

Dan Rooney Tyler Harvey Dan sully to parkway.

Heard there’s some movement at Tavi Liam Pryn , Dan Evo, tiegan, tal burns & Watson offers elsewhere.

Will be interesting to see who Massey can bring in 💰 👀 

He might fancy himself for the saltash job .😁

11 hours ago, CornishHopper said:

Dan Rooney Tyler Harvey Dan sully to parkway.

Heard there’s some movement at Tavi Liam Pryn , Dan Evo, tiegan, tal burns & Watson offers elsewhere.

Will be interesting to see who Massey can bring in 💰 👀 

Bit there to chew on. Dan Evans and Liam Prynn (if they don't fancy step 4 football for whatever reason) would be huge signings for a Cornish step 5 club. Know that Evans has had injury problems over the last season or so, and don't know how his fitness would hold up. When fit, best centre half around. Regarding Liam Prynn, believe he's a teacher who's based in the Penryn area, so the extra travel at step 4 may be prohibitive. Seems like a natural fit for Falmouth. Callum Watson would be a great signing for Parkway in my opinion, probably the best player in that position in the Western League and would not look out of place at step 3. Will he join the list of players who have made the move from Langsford to Bolitho in recent seasons, or will Stuart Henderson reverse the trend and lure a couple back?

That is an interesting list Truro have put up

Rio Garside I’m sure  to parkway as spent time on loan there . 
mum suprised at Brett , Harvey and rockey I know parkway have looked at all 3. 
mans they definitely need 2 new strikers at parkway to replace Carter and Tom bath. 
wonder where river Allen will end up  certainly won’t be at parkway. 

11 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

Who still pumping money into Truro ?? No march day revenue . Sullivan and co will not come cheap if they do go there 

The £600k from the sale of Treyew Road that was allocated for the "temporary relocation to Plymouth" must be getting used to keep the team going. 

13 hours ago, Southwest football fan said:

All these players bounce around each club, Truro, Tivvy, Taunton etc yet don't really make much progress, parkway should look elsewhere than these players looking for a few extra ££ no doubt. 

Just the reality of where these clubs are based. Unlike the major cities (London, Birmingham,Manchester etc) there isn't a large pool of step 3/4 quality players available .

3 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

That some drop down for him. Thought he was going back to Tiverton. 
Massey must be flexing the wallet if he talked him into  to signing . 

Judging by the comments made about him on the Tiverton fans forums a couple of years ago (when he moved to Parkway after committing to Tivvy earlier in the summer) I would say he has burnt his bridges with them.

2 hours ago, Southwest football fan said:

It's amateur football 🤦 he's not dropping from the PL or EFL ffs, it's like 2 leagues 

. So In your thinking then helston should just go all out and sign billy palfrey from parkway  a few Taunton players  and Rocky from Truro as it’s not dropping down any league or standard of football  😂

9 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

. So In your thinking then helston should just go all out and sign billy palfrey from parkway  a few Taunton players  and Rocky from Truro as it’s not dropping down any league or standard of football  😂

You've just rumbled Steve Massey's transfer strategy .😀

17 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

Wouldn't be surprised if they were offered a pay check to good to turn down. But I bet you it still won't get them promoted as we've already seen with helston throwing money about with no reward. 

On 05/05/2022 at 08:45, Way Of The Park said:

Bit there to chew on. Dan Evans and Liam Prynn (if they don't fancy step 4 football for whatever reason) would be huge signings for a Cornish step 5 club. Know that Evans has had injury problems over the last season or so, and don't know how his fitness would hold up. When fit, best centre half around. Regarding Liam Prynn, believe he's a teacher who's based in the Penryn area, so the extra travel at step 4 may be prohibitive. Seems like a natural fit for Falmouth. Callum Watson would be a great signing for Parkway in my opinion, probably the best player in that position in the Western League and would not look out of place at step 3. Will he join the list of players who have made the move from Langsford to Bolitho in recent seasons, or will Stuart Henderson reverse the trend and lure a couple back?

100% right WOTP Cal Watson is a standout player in his position. Plymouth based so PPFC would be q great fit. That said hope he stays with the Lambs. 

Stu Henderson an astute guy so imagine some interesting incomings there.

• 3 weeks later...