Cornwall Football Forum

Any Pre Season Transfer Rumours?

12 hours ago, mattelot said:

Still no signings at Kellaway Bash .And struggling for opposition for friendlies. πŸ€”

Regarding new signings, early days. Not even July yet.Β 

Think that Helston under Matt Cusack will be better organised on the pitch, and a more attractive destination for players.Β 

Their meetings with Falmouth in the league are no doubt eagerly awaited.

Helston do need strikers desperately . They have got rid of Β bowker and veil or Massey did. . Not sure what Matt wright doing I assume his short stint at club over. Tucker and buchan who started there last season all gone.Β 
matt must be desperate for a striker. Who out there ?? Jennings staying at Bodmin it seems. Β It be interesting to hear if Matt cusuck would have let bowker go.Β 
Β 

4 minutes ago, WRJ said:

Andy is a great new signing for us had a short spell with us last season a really nice lad and a terrific player with loads of big game experience super happy to have him hereΒ 

Great signing for mousehole but it will be interesting if all the keyboard warriors/experts start slagging the club off for getting the cheque book out blah blah blah, regardless of whether they have or not. That is the Football Forum protocol after all - right???

47 minutes ago, Buckland Jim said:

Excellent signing for Mousehole, would have been even better had he signed for Buckland.Β 

Β 

47 minutes ago, Buckland Jim said:

Excellent signing for Mousehole, would have been even better had he signed for Buckland.Β 

Buckland won’t need him Jim !! It’s all coming together very soon there.

some top quality on show there next season I reckon

1 hour ago, Yourhavingalaugh said:

Mousehole have tended to sign promising Β young players in the past with a few seasons under their belt, signing an experienced 37 year old either hints at a change of direction or the importance of getting some experience in the squad.

Will this mean fewer opportunities for Mark Goldsworthy then? Was he a regular starter towards the end of the season for Mousehole?Β 

Too good a player to sit on the bench every week.

12 hours ago, rocky170267 said:

Β 

Buckland won’t need him Jim !! It’s all coming together very soon there.

some top quality on show there next season I reckon

Any news on what is going on at Launceston Rocky? Will be interesting to see how it shapes up under new boss, Neil Price.

2 hours ago, Both Sides of the Tamar said:

Hope you are right there. Squad needs a bit of a shake-up. The potential is there though.

Ask anybody about Buckland and it is always "nice ground, nice people", Dan Hart will no doubt no thinking of how he can add "but a difficult place to get a result" on the end of that. Huge potential at the club, too many managers seem to have come and gone in recent seasons though. You have to question how much control and power Adam Castle has as the Director Of Football (whatever that is).

Harsh fact is that Parkway, Willand, Tavistock and Exmouth have all overtaken them in recent seasons.

4 hours ago, Way Of The Park said:

Ask anybody about Buckland and it is always "nice ground, nice people", Dan Hart will no doubt no thinking of how he can add "but a difficult place to get a result" on the end of that. Huge potential at the club, too many managers seem to have come and gone in recent seasons though. You have to question how much control and power Adam Castle has as the Director Of Football (whatever that is).

Harsh fact is that Parkway, Willand, Tavistock and Exmouth have all overtaken them in recent seasons.

The last sentence sums things upΒ  Former peers have overtaken Bucks, sadly.Β 

15 hours ago, Way Of The Park said:

Seems to be a bit of a poison chalice up there doesn’t it ? Certainly had a fair few managers .
Its all ok to have a ground and facilities ( although it would seem they have huge difficulties with the playing surface ) that score 5 stars on trip advisor or a pitch aka Penryn that would take Gold at the Chelsea flower show but at the end of the day you are a football club and it’s getting it right on the pitch that counts.

Buckland seem to have become stuck in a quagmire and I believe that Adam Castle lives and works in Ireland so don’t quite see how that works.

Will be interesting to see how they fair this coming season and also to see if Dan Hart becomes yet another managerial casualty up there.Β 

1 hour ago, Footy Detective said:

Seems to be a bit of a poison chalice up there doesn’t it ? Certainly had a fair few managers .
Its all ok to have a ground and facilities ( although it would seem they have huge difficulties with the playing surface ) that score 5 stars on trip advisor or a pitch aka Penryn that would take Gold at the Chelsea flower show but at the end of the day you are a football club and it’s getting it right on the pitch that counts.

Buckland seem to have become stuck in a quagmire and I believe that Adam Castle lives and works in Ireland so don’t quite see how that works.

Will be interesting to see how they fair this coming season and also to see if Dan Hart becomes yet another managerial casualty up there.Β 

Notice that Stuart Bowker liked my comment yesterday. No idea of what Dan Hart's or Bowker's plans are, and what budget is available, but what would have thought that Buckland would be an ideal destination for him. Close to where he lives, a statement signing who is proven at step 5 level and a real 100% commitment character who can get the supporters and team mates going. Would be a test of Hart's managerial skills, but he seemed to get the best out of Ben Waters at Launceston last season (another big personality).

6 minutes ago, Way Of The Park said:

Notice that Stuart Bowker liked my comment yesterday. No idea of what Dan Hart's or Bowker's plans are, and what budget is available, but what would have thought that Buckland would be an ideal destination for him. Close to where he lives, a statement signing who is proven at step 5 level and a real 100% commitment character who can get the supporters and team mates going. Would be a test of Hart's managerial skills, but he seemed to get the best out of Ben Waters at Launceston last season (another big personality).

And what is it you are implying when you say Stu Bowker would be a real test of management skills? Enlighten us less educated ones!!Β 

27 minutes ago, le boss said:

And what is it you are implying when you say Stu Bowker would be a real test of management skills? Enlighten us less educated ones!!Β 

"A lot of times he was the clubs best ambassador. He got it wrong on a few occasions, on social media or in the dressing room. He is a likeable lad, he was a challenge to manage but I enjoyed the challenge. I didn't want to keep devoting a lot of time to challenges on players."

Steve Massey, Falmouth Packet, 24th May 2022.

I can’t believe Falmouth haven’t made serious approach for bowker . If you look at Saltash they will be going with 4 strikers. Including sam huges and Carter 2 proper target men and goal scorers even mousehole have brought in Β Reece Thompson and Watkins . Apart from bray evens surly an experienced striker would be well worth it for Falmouth .Β 

5 hours ago, Footy Detective said:

Pitch is much improved nowadays after all the money spent on it. Could be better in places but no doubt the groundsmen are working to rectify it. Hopefully I can get to as many home matches as possible this season if work and other football supporting duties allow and see the boys finish higher than last season. Maybe a push for top 6?

2 hours ago, Way Of The Park said:

"A lot of times he was the clubs best ambassador. He got it wrong on a few occasions, on social media or in the dressing room. He is a likeable lad, he was a challenge to manage but I enjoyed the challenge. I didn't want to keep devoting a lot of time to challenges on players."

Steve Massey, Falmouth Packet, 24th May 2022.

If challenging means I don’t like being dropped when I’m scoring goals and performing well then yes I’m very challenging 🀣🀣🀣 stay away from me at all costs πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»

8 hours ago, Way Of The Park said:

I think Ben was just happy with what was around him to be fair! He was a breath of fresh air. A real character on and off the pitch.

Helston back pre season training. Any new faces ? Β All seems extremely quiet down there . No announcement of any new signings as far as I know. Would have thought Matt would have at least got in 3 or 4 players himself . Is Massey charm wearing off in getting players in.Β 
Β 

15 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

I can’t believe Falmouth haven’t made serious approach for bowker . If you look at Saltash they will be going with 4 strikers. Including sam huges and Carter 2 proper target men and goal scorers even mousehole have brought in Β Reece Thompson and Watkins . Apart from bray evens surly an experienced striker would be well worth it for Falmouth .Β 

Looking at the goal scoring charts Falmouth tend to score goals throughout the team, rather than relying 1 or 2 out and out strikers. If Bray Evans gets injured, then they may look for another.

10 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

Helston back pre season training. Any new faces ? Β All seems extremely quiet down there . No announcement of any new signings as far as I know. Would have thought Matt would have at least got in 3 or 4 players himself . Is Massey charm wearing off in getting players in.Β 
Β 

Still time yet. Think that Matt Cusack, as an accomplished coach, will have a good look at what he has inherited in pre season training and matches. A few key areas need strengthening, but sure he will apply a bit more thinking to who comes in rather than the scatter gun approach that went before.Β 

And maybe Matt wants to keep their business close to their chests. A few names that have been mentioned above have agreed to sign for Helston already from what I’ve heard.
It’s not a rule to β€œannounce” signings, especially in June when it’s only a verbal agreement and no one is registered with anyone. Some of the twitter signings are cringeworthy. Marquee signings I understand. Squad news like retainments I understand. But every single player?Β 

23 minutes ago, Foul Throw 3 said:

And maybe Matt wants to keep their business close to their chests. A few names that have been mentioned above have agreed to sign for Helston already from what I’ve heard.
It’s not a rule to β€œannounce” signings, especially in June when it’s only a verbal agreement and no one is registered with anyone. Some of the twitter signings are cringeworthy. Marquee signings I understand. Squad news like retainments I understand. But every single player?Β 

As for those bloody "suspense building" Twitter trails, I would ban those if I had the power.Β 

16 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

Β 

Theres an embargoΒ  on any signing announcements. Apparently they don't want to take the gloss off the imminent steve massey autobiography.

On 23/06/2022 at 22:26, sportsman10 said:

Β 

It's all quiet down there because nobody is down there, they're training 2 hours away in Saltash!Β 

19 minutes ago, Pinky said:

It's all quiet down there because nobody is down there, they're training 2 hours away in Saltash!Β 

??? Guess the majority live in Plymouth/ Devon Β so makes some Β sense . How many local playersΒ have to travel up to Saltash to train ? Β Imagine if you played for Saltash and your training was in helston Β πŸ˜‚

11 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

??? Guess the majority live in Plymouth/ Devon Β so makes some Β sense . How many local playersΒ have to travel up to Saltash to train ? Β Imagine if you played for Saltash and your training was in helston Β πŸ˜‚

Jesus Sportsman10, having read your posts on all the topics on the forum, I must say you are lost in your current employment- you really are the oracle when it comes to everything football from Bristol west. The team that you manage or coach are lucky to have you and soon you will be a chairman no doubt. If and when that happens, football will never be the sameπŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”

30 minutes ago, le boss said:

Jesus Sportsman10, having read your posts on all the topics on the forum, I must say you are lost in your current employment- you really are the oracle when it comes to everything football from Bristol west. The team that you manage or coach are lucky to have you and soon you will be a chairman no doubt. If and when that happens, football will never be the sameπŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”

I could never take that accolade I thought Β Steve Massey was the Cornish Oracle I could never compete πŸ˜‰

must have hit a nerve there I guess there not many that made the pilgrimage to salt mill in Saltash for training from helston then Β 

Β 

8 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

I could never take that accolade I thought Β Steve Massey was the Cornish Oracle I could never compete πŸ˜‰

must have hit a nerve there I guess there not many that made the pilgrimage to salt mill in Saltash for training from helston then Β 

Β 

It’s β€œthere are”.Β 

On 24/06/2022 at 19:50, Mike Odgers said:

Which club will the players choose to play forΒ  in The Senior Cup especially if Helston & Penzance draw each other.

Same with F A Vase but dont think PZ entered (going by last season)

Teams selected playground style. Captains decided, everybody lines up against the wall, coin flip for first choice and then alternate picks until you have two elevens and subs.