Four Lanes                                P-P             Constantine

Frogpool & Cusgarne           4-0                Gwinear Churchtown

Ludgvan Reserves                  0-2                Illogan RBL Thirds

Mawnan Reserves                 5-1                RNAS Culdrose Reserves

St Ives Mariners                     5-1                Mullion Reserves

West Cornwall FC                 6-3            New Inn Titans

DIVISION 1

Falmouth DC                            2-8                Praze

Perranwell Reserves             1-2                St Erme (reversed)

Rosudgeon Reserves            P-P          Wendron United Fourths

St Agnes Thirds                       P-P           Holman Sports Club Reserves

St Day Thirds                            3-6                Penzance Reserves

St Just                                          4-1               Troon AFC Reserves

DIVISION 2

Falmouth United                     1-3                Chacewater

Goonhavern Athletic Res    1-0                Stithians Reserves

Lizard Argyle Reserves        1-1                St Ives Town FC Reserves

New Inn Titans FC Res          P-P             St Buryan

Probus Reserves                    P-P            Constantine Reserves

Threemilestone Reserves   10-1        Storm FC - been reversed

Div 1

St Day Thirds 3-6 Penzance Reserves

Att - 11

St Day led 3-2 at the break and up to the 78th minute when Pz equalised. They then score another 3 in the final few minutes. St Day keeper had a damm good game. We even asked if he was their first team keeper as they had no game and he was that good. Feisty at times with Pz players arguing amongst themselves about how badly they were playing. Pz had a few out, so perhaps that is why they were not at their best. Scorers for Pz, Luke Carrol with 5 and the other scored by Jamie Hooper, his first league goal of the season

Pz stay top of the Division, travelling to Praze next week, a 6 pointer for both sides. 

2 hours ago, Chris Davey said:

Newlyn Lions 0 Probus 2

Premiership

I can't comment on the match as I wasn't there unfortunately, but Newlyn are always a tough team to play, so a good win for us. The reverse fixture is next Saturday.

Newlyn Lions are one of a number of teams that are struggling.  If players stayed loyal and tried to raise their standards there would be no problem. I still believe that a player should sign for ONE CLUB ONLY,  this would stop the Mercenary players  flogging themselves for an extra couple of pounds. 

6 hours ago, fudge said:

Mariners 5 mullion 1.Good game played in good spirits,thanks to mullion for coming back to the pub good bunch of lads who never gave up,Goals by stuart lugg 2 ryan higgins,jordan daniel,greg stephens,my self saved a penalty at 1-0

You saved a penalty?  I bet it was straight down the middle 🙌

Trelawny Championship

West Cornwall 6-3 New Inn Titans (HT 2-2)

A great result for West Cornwall against a very tough New Inn side.

We were poor first half by our standards. Found ourselves ahead early on before a couple of mistakes saw New Inn take a 2-1 lead, a relatively even first half with us creating a few good chances from set pieces and forcing several good saves from the New Inn keeper before equalising before the break. The talking point of the first half being a disallowed goal for New Inn where our lino hadn’t flagged but the referee saw something that he didn’t in the build up and disallowed the goal. 

At half time we were disappointed with our first 45 and counted ourselves fortunate to be level at the break.

The second half was a completely different story. We upped it several gears and started to play much better football, not forcing things as much as in the first half, and New Inn played into our hands somewhat by losing their heads on several occasions. We pulled away to a 5-2 lead, before a controversial penalty for New Inn saw the lead closed to 5-3 with 15 to play. We scored a goal on the counter shortly after to seal the win.

Can fully understand some of the frustrations for New Inn, they will feel a lot of decisions went against them on the day, with the offside decision in the first half, and then one of our goals being given in the second half which they felt shouldn’t have stood. However they did get a soft penalty and most other 50/50 decisions evened themselves out. I think our second half performance deserved the three points despite the above.

2nd Vs 3rd and a local derby was always going to be a big occasion, but with almost half a season of football still to play we were somewhat bemused by the lack of discipline from the away side, 2 sin bins, 1 sent off from the sideline and a double red card and I imagine hefty ban for violent conduct for another, could impact them for future weeks when there’s still so much football left to play.

A great turn out at the Dave Curnow Memorial ground and I imagine a top game for the neutrals.

All the best to New Inn for the season (until we meet again!) 

On 22/02/2020 at 17:47, cornishteddyboy said:

Div 1

St Day Thirds 3-6 Penzance Reserves

Att - 11

St Day led 3-2 at the break and up to the 78th minute when Pz equalised. They then score another 3 in the final few minutes. St Day keeper had a damm good game. We even asked if he was their first team keeper as they had no game and he was that good. Feisty at times with Pz players arguing amongst themselves about how badly they were playing. Pz had a few out, so perhaps that is why they were not at their best. Scorers for Pz, Luke Carrol with 5 and the other scored by Jamie Hooper, his first league goal of the season

Pz stay top of the Division, travelling to Praze next week, a 6 pointer for both sides. 

Camborne Nick just down the road. Must've felt like a home game . Nice to have you back, CTB. Can't even have expected to be writing a report till three minutes past four. Would you still be top if Frogpool were awarded the three points they deserve ? When's the hearing ? 

54 minutes ago, isaac rosenberg said:

Camborne Nick just down the road. Must've felt like a home game . Nice to have you back, CTB. Can't even have expected to be writing a report till three minutes past four. Would you still be top if Frogpool were awarded the three points they deserve ? When's the hearing ? 

Once again, I and many others have no idea what you are talking about.

7 hours ago, Jeff Stelling said:

Trelawny Championship

West Cornwall 6-3 New Inn Titans (HT 2-2)

A great result for West Cornwall against a very tough New Inn side.

We were poor first half by our standards. Found ourselves ahead early on before a couple of mistakes saw New Inn take a 2-1 lead, a relatively even first half with us creating a few good chances from set pieces and forcing several good saves from the New Inn keeper before equalising before the break. The talking point of the first half being a disallowed goal for New Inn where our lino hadn’t flagged but the referee saw something that he didn’t in the build up and disallowed the goal. 

At half time we were disappointed with our first 45 and counted ourselves fortunate to be level at the break.

The second half was a completely different story. We upped it several gears and started to play much better football, not forcing things as much as in the first half, and New Inn played into our hands somewhat by losing their heads on several occasions. We pulled away to a 5-2 lead, before a controversial penalty for New Inn saw the lead closed to 5-3 with 15 to play. We scored a goal on the counter shortly after to seal the win.

Can fully understand some of the frustrations for New Inn, they will feel a lot of decisions went against them on the day, with the offside decision in the first half, and then one of our goals being given in the second half which they felt shouldn’t have stood. However they did get a soft penalty and most other 50/50 decisions evened themselves out. I think our second half performance deserved the three points despite the above.

2nd Vs 3rd and a local derby was always going to be a big occasion, but with almost half a season of football still to play we were somewhat bemused by the lack of discipline from the away side, 2 sin bins, 1 sent off from the sideline and a double red card and I imagine hefty ban for violent conduct for another, could impact them for future weeks when there’s still so much football left to play.

A great turn out at the Dave Curnow Memorial ground and I imagine a top game for the neutrals.

All the best to New Inn for the season (until we meet again!) 

As one of those neutrals who very much enjoyed the game (between two very evenly matched teams), I'm not sure your report paints the full picture of the drama that ensued 🤐

Undoubtedly some very big decisions went against New Inn before their frustrations got the better of them.

Very entertaining match though :clapper:

17 hours ago, cornishteddyboy said:

Once again, I and many others have no idea what you are talking about.

I assume he's referring to the fixture Penzance cancelled vs Frogpool with less than a weeks notice, which was then put back ON the Friday night, only to then be cancelled again!? I believe the reason for cancellation was that your first team had a few players representing Cornwall, so one single player from the reserves had to move up and help your firsts, which meant you had to cancel the reserves fixture?

Just so everyone knows what he's talking about :c:

Yeah, thanks for the clarification. Is it okay for all reserve team secretaries to cancel games now if one of their players us needed on the bench by the first team ? I just wanted to check, as I know there have been one or two fixtures cancelled in Cornwall because of the weather, no ref, cousins' weddings, Friday nights out, striker getting arrested, Act of God, foot and mouth disease, norovirus, covid-19,  Prince Edward being unwell, Mabe Shindig, that sort of thing. Is it okay to cancel any game for any reason or is that just a Penzance prerogative .

1 hour ago, Daz72 said:

Well seen as you know it all what you asking for ? . Also I believe postponements are made by the league not clubs , maybe you need to check your facts . You must be a lonely man with all this bull !!!

Do the league just randomly postpone games less than a week before kick off? Or are they asked to by members of a club? There's never been any clarification as to why the game was suddenly cancelled so no wonder people are unsure. 

Falmouth dc 2-8 praze fc

praze started the quicker of you he two teams with a a goal from the returning striker danny ford after his 2nd suspension of The season jamie Hayton made It two with a clever finish . It was soon 3-0 after ford was taken out 30 yards from goal and he picked himself up to score a wonderful free kick ...hayton made it 4-0 with a great striker 18 yards out into the bottom corner ...Falmouth got back into the game with 2 sloppy and gifted goals by praze firstly the praze goal keeper dropped one in his own net and then a sloppy pass across the box let Falmouth number9 in with a simple finish 4-2 at the break ...Falmouth had a good go early second half but veteran defender Martin Williams was on top form with some quality defending ....was t long before ford completed his hattrick with a penalty ...Barrie wyatt then set ford free for his 4th of the day and the same two combined for fords 5th with a good header and wyatt also set ford up for his 6th of the day and completing a double hattrick ...all I. All was a team performance with everyone giving 100% ...on another day and a better surface praze surely would of hit double figures ...well done to the lady who was in the middle with the whistle was her first ever men’s game ....needs to do som kids footy nd come back stronger but well done for picking the whistle up 

ford 6

hayton 2

24 minutes ago, Fordy7 said:

Falmouth dc 2-8 praze fc

...well done to the lady who was in the middle with the whistle was her first ever men’s game ....needs to do som kids footy nd come back stronger but well done for picking the whistle up 

Just a little bit patronising there Fordy. An unqualified “well done” would have been nice!

14 minutes ago, Bruegel the Elder said:

Just a little bit patronising there Fordy. An unqualified “well done” would have been nice!

Wasn’t just me who said that she did well but it wasn’t nice to the girl crying at the end I think she needs to do kids football for abit to get confident and then back to men’s football that’s all 😀

55 minutes ago, Bruegel the Elder said:

The referee in question is brand new to the refereeing world, having just completed the referee course.

From what I understand, both teams were respectful and played football however eluding to Gordy's comment about her being upset at the end, I think it may have been a little bit overwhelming for her.  However, I understand she's been given the full support of the Cornwall FA - I've also contacted her to offer her the opportunity to referee on the West Cornwall Flexi League where behaviour is considered much more "polite" than regular Saturday football. My only hope is that she returns.

1 hour ago, Dave Bartlam said:

The referee in question is brand new to the refereeing world, having just completed the referee course.

From what I understand, both teams were respectful and played football however eluding to Gordy's comment about her being upset at the end, I think it may have been a little bit overwhelming for her.  However, I understand she's been given the full support of the Cornwall FA - I've also contacted her to offer her the opportunity to referee on the West Cornwall Flexi League where behaviour is considered much more "polite" than regular Saturday football. My only hope is that she returns.

She may have been crying with laughter at how good (ahem!) the game was!

I’m really happy to see new referees coming through the system, I just think that because she is as so inexperienced in controlling a game, she should have controlled a youth game for a few. To me, it was like being pushing into running a pub and not knowing how to pour a pint.. both teams didn’t make many tackles at all as some of the worser ones the whistle wasn’t blown for the seriously blatant ones. 

Older the game was played as well as it could have been, the surface was crap with the rain but we’re thankful for the game! We’re only half way through the season at the end of February! 

ps Fordy nice write, well done for bigging  yourself up ;) (no hate comments please we play together) 

1 hour ago, ArseneWanger said:

I’m really happy to see new referees coming through the system, I just think that because she is as so inexperienced in controlling a game, she should have controlled a youth game for a few. To me, it was like being pushing into running a pub and not knowing how to pour a pint.. both teams didn’t make many tackles at all as some of the worser ones the whistle wasn’t blown for the seriously blatant ones. 

Older the game was played as well as it could have been, the surface was crap with the rain but we’re thankful for the game! We’re only half way through the season at the end of February! 

ps Fordy nice write, well done for bigging  yourself up ;) (no hate comments please we play together) 

Light hearted Arsene you Wanger...lol

Imho modern referees blow their whistle way too often, it was the best refereeing performance I've been witness to for a long time, she let the game flow and although there perhaps should have been a few more freekicks it evens out if you let the game flow, which she did. Hope she comes back to football next Saturday. 

As the official County FA Observer to the Falmouth DC v Praze game-a few points of clarification. Yes it was the Referee's very first game and as a referee myself (and Observer at County, Supply and National League levels) I felt that this game would have been a test for a seasoned official. Each team has to be commended for playing in the manner in which they did albeit that the away side played a robust but fair game (my opinion). There were six infringements in each half including that in the second half for which she had to issue a caution and several Key Match incidents including 3 penalty shouts, one of which was given. There was a element of a possible "hand" being involved in the first Praze goal, not hand ball but (with the law changes last year) a goal being scored having come off the hand? Here she consulted the "linesman" which is something we would expect an experienced official to do and not one in their very first game. She consulted the linesmen on several instances not for their decisions but for clarification of hers. As for the tears, yes there were some, but at the end of the game these were for the fact that she had just gone through a very tough 90+ minutes...and she may not get many more like this. There are areas where I have given instruction for development but I believe that when I observe her again I will see a different (more composed) referee. I'm please to see that no one has suggested that she was poor....my response to which would be "You try before you judge!"

And she wasn’t poor Steve I completely agree with this. With roachys comments I also agree with too, the game flowed to its full extent. Not a big fan of the game stopping all the time! Is she on the referees list for saturdays now? The only way she will gain experience and learn is by doing it more so I really hope she is. My boys at Praze had gone straight over and shook hands after the game, not one bad word was said 

If she can control a game with the likes of mouth almighty Danny ford in them (still waiting for him to reply back to me with an insult lol) then she can just cope with anything. 

All the best

15 minutes ago, Steve Lawrence said:

As the official County FA Observer to the Falmouth DC v Praze game-a few points of clarification. Yes it was the Referee's very first game and as a referee myself (and Observer at County, Supply and National League levels) I felt that this game would have been a test for a seasoned official. Each team has to be commended for playing in the manner in which they did albeit that the away side played a robust but fair game (my opinion). There were six infringements in each half including that in the second half for which she had to issue a caution and several Key Match incidents including 3 penalty shouts, one of which was given. There was a element of a possible "hand" being involved in the first Praze goal, not hand ball but (with the law changes last year) a goal being scored having come off the hand? Here she consulted the "linesman" which is something we would expect an experienced official to do and not one in their very first game. She consulted the linesmen on several instances not for their decisions but for clarification of hers. As for the tears, yes there were some, but at the end of the game these were for the fact that she had just gone through a very tough 90+ minutes...and she may not get many more like this. There are areas where I have given instruction for development but I believe that when I observe her again I will see a different (more composed) referee. I'm please to see that no one has suggested that she was poor....my response to which would be "You try before you judge!"

As a County F.A. Observer for the game, I‘m not at all sure that you should be sharing your observations with the rest of us on the forum. However the clarity that you provide as to this particular Referees abilities is appreciated. She is clearly a talent. A weekend’s mentoring with Anita is all she needs! I have no idea who she is, but I would append my very best wishes for a long and successful career behind the whistle.

B t E...….good point about my observation but I have  not (in my opinion) written anything  that could have equally been written by a local reporter at the game or by any of the players who took part. I rarely comment on here but am not one of those (also a referee for 45 years+) who does not say what they feel about referees...be they good or need encouragement/development. Equally it is always useful to hear from someone who has been there and got loads of "t" shirts so to speak when it comes to refereeing?   I, like you, hope she treats this first step into refereeing as just one of many!

15 hours ago, ArseneWanger said:

Thought my wrote up was fair I scored 6 and the write up explained all the goals why did I miss out ?? I wouldn’t of mentioned myself I hadn’t scored haha And no insults buddy new man now :) 

12 hours ago, ArseneWanger said:

And she wasn’t poor Steve I completely agree with this. With roachys comments I also agree with too, the game flowed to its full extent. Not a big fan of the game stopping all the time! Is she on the referees list for saturdays now? The only way she will gain experience and learn is by doing it more so I really hope she is. My boys at Praze had gone straight over and shook hands after the game, not one bad word was said 

If she can control a game with the likes of mouth almighty Danny ford in them (still waiting for him to reply back to me with an insult lol) then she can just cope with anything. 

All the best

I didn’t swear once Saturday actually Adam I’m a good boy now mate not a fan of being suspended 😂😂😂😂 

On 24/02/2020 at 17:59, Daz72 said:

Well seen as you know it all what you asking for ? . Also I believe postponements are made by the league not clubs , maybe you need to check your facts . You must be a lonely man with all this bull !!!

Thank you, er, Daz . Ooh yes, these ivory towers way up the line in England are soooo remote and isolated. Only four or five grammatical or orthographical errors in your little offering. Good try ! I expect you're very compatible with the other intellectuals at Penlee Park. Take care, now. Bucket and spade season starting again soon !

4 hours ago, isaac rosenberg said:

Thank you, er, Daz . Ooh yes, these ivory towers way up the line in England are soooo remote and isolated. Only four or five grammatical or orthographical errors in your little offering. Good try ! I expect you're very compatible with the other intellectuals at Penlee Park. Take care, now. Bucket and spade season starting again soon !

Patronising and not very accurate (for a professional pedant). So, is it four or five? Kindly expand on the errors as you see them.
I expected better; red circles, double underlinings, notes in the margin, the works! I think I’ll stick to Olders tutorials on core skills!

Actually, there are potentially ten errors in five lines, mainly because of difficulties with punctuation. Inability to use gerunds or participles is also evident near the beginning. Immediately losing syntactical control, Daz displays the linguistic equivalent of that celebrated old Penzance training routine of trying to boot the ball as high into the air as possible. Sophisticated stuff...

1 hour ago, isaac rosenberg said:

Actually, there are potentially ten errors in five lines, mainly because of difficulties with punctuation. Inability to use gerunds or participles is also evident near the beginning. Immediately losing syntactical control, Daz displays the linguistic equivalent of that celebrated old Penzance training routine of trying to boot the ball as high into the air as possible. Sophisticated stuff...

You are an absolute diamond Isaac (albeit eventually)👨‍🎓