DIVISION 2

Constantine Reserves        2-3         Tregony FC

Lizard Argyle Res       3-4         Goonhavern Ath Res

Probus Res           0-13    St Ives Town FC Reserves

St Buryan                   7-0         Four Lanes Reserves

Stithians Reserves             0-14       Chacewater

Threemilestone Reserves  0-4         Falmouth United

St Erme 4-5 Rosudgeon Reserves 

A very depleted Rosudgeon side made the long trip to St Erme with a bare 11 players but played an absolute blinder. Playing down the hill and with a strong wind St Erme took the lead early on through a Tom Row OG but Rosudgeon equalised after a bizarre mistake by the St Erme keeper allowed Julius Spurgeon to tap in to an open net. St Erme then scored just before half time direct from a corner, utilising the strong wind.

Start of the second half Rosudgeon scored two early goals first from Shawn Phillips after a great flick on from Dan Hopkins then Dan himself scored after a long kick up the pitch from Simon Mortimer in the Rosudgeon goal somehow bounced over and past two defenders for Dan to round the keeper and score. St Erme were then awarded a penalty after a handball by a Rosudgeon defender. Tucked away nicely 3-3. Rosudgeon then took the lead again this time CB Sam McKenna tapping home from a yard out after a good delivery from a corner and the St Erme keeper fumbling the ball. Goal number 5 for Rosudgeon came again for Julius rifling in to the top left corner from 12 or so yards out. St Erme scored the final goal of the game after some sloppy defending from Rosudgeon. 

All in all a great game and well played both sides. I think Rosudgeon ended the game with 4 or 5 injuries with the lack of subs, heavy pitch etc.

Deserved win in the end

Threemilestone res 0

falmouth United 4

Awsome performance from the boys against strong threemilestone team, few different faces in their line up from earlier in season granted but I’m sure they still did nt expect to lose to us in this manner. Some nice football played, passed it around nicely and some nice finishes. Good bunch, gracious in defeat admitting best team won, good luck for rest of season, all we need is some consistency 👍

Premier

Holman Sc 3-1 Mawnan

The day started really well and rather bloody early because Marksy was on the phone at 0830 as the 1sts only had 1 sub!! My ray of sunshine mood probably not helped by me checking out the new Gin bar in Truro for the wife’s birthday the previous evening so the sheer joy of a Saturday morning lie in was slightly disturbed by the ‘Sophie’s Choice’ of remaining with the reserves for a trip up the hill to Troon with the wind forecast to achieve ‘Biblical’ conditions or a nice warm tracksuit  behind the Blaythorne Trees warming the bench for the 1sts so you can guess where I went 😁 

We were awful for the first 30 with a proper turgid heavy pitch performance and Mawnan  fully deserved their 1-0 lead. Luckily Liam had been down the local Blockbusters and rented out a VHS copy of Platoon so was able to recreate the William Defoe death scene on 3 separate occasions, once even with a little squeal sound that Peppa Pigs dad would be proud of but one of his little Oscar Winning Performances that bodes  well for Sunday’s Award ceremony was in the penalty box so Kyle drew us level.....to be fair it was such a cast iron  penalty it was wrapped in a big cast iron pot that had ‘ Cast Iron’ written on the side of it so 1-1 at HT.

Playing with the wind 2nd half helped and we edged ahead 2-1........I got the nod for a slightly longer then my normal 5 min cameo with 25 to go  to which some weird ‘Stranger Things’  other dimension stuff happened where I hit the crossbar and scored the 3rd......not with my head either you will all be shocked to hear but an electrifying turn of pace scramble!!!!.........who am I kidding I toe poked it in from 3yds out but happy days a 3-1 win and a rather nice way to finish as in true Star Wars tradition I go to the ‘Dark Side’ next week in an attempt to help out the referee shortage to do my 5 trainee ref matches.........who ever is unlucky enough to get me i apologise in advance 😄

5 games to go for the 1st team and still in our hands but TMS with a big win today and Illogan with a win at Probus taking it down to the wire 😮

Neil.... Great effort on completing the referee course.  Like me, you've seen a situation arise and you're doing your part to try and help things.  Well done.  We just need more to follow suit now - not necessarily to referee a game every week, but when Holmans haven't got a game you can offer your services. Good effort.

If midweek is more convenient for you, please feel free to ask Paul Murphy to pop you on some Flexi League games :)

8 minutes ago, Dave Bartlam said:

Neil.... Great effort on completing the referee course.  Like me, you've seen a situation arise and you're doing your part to try and help things.  Well done.  We just need more to follow suit now - not necessarily to referee a game every week, but when Holmans haven't got a game you can offer your services. Good effort.

If midweek is more convenient for you, please feel free to ask Paul Murphy to pop you on some Flexi League games :)

I think it’s an absolute disgrace that the league are taking my striker to ref. Shame on you David🤣 Hes only done this so he can get 90 mins😳

17 hours ago, Timbotastic said:

TRELAWNEY PREMIER

Newlyn Lions 0-14 Threemilestone 

Talking of refs, the Newlyn volunteer (an injured Newlyn player who had reffed 4/5 previous games this season) yesterday was very good. Granted he didn’t have much to do but what he did do was done with no fuss. 

Div 1

Frogpool Res 6 - 0 Perranwell Res

Yesterday saw the Richard Jory host local rivals and bogey side Perranwell. Perranwell looked to have a depleted team compared to earlier in the season but we weren’t going to take things for granted. 

The first half didn’t show the best of either teams abilities with conditions playing a major role. We, Frogpool, could have been 5 or 6 up at half time but a combination of excellent saves and woeful finishing kept the scores even. Perranwell had a couple of scrappy chances which kept us on our toes. 
0-0 half time.

After a roasting from the gaffer and the chairman calling us all thicko’s the second half was underway. The second half started similarly to how the first ended.  An excellent Perranwell free kick nearly caused an upset, beating keeper Craigo to hit the inside of the far post. The ball thankfully ricocheted across goal and was swept away. The game remained a stalemate until a little magic saw Jack Blakeston score the first of his three. He skipped past two or three defenders in the box, shouts of “pass it” resounded around the field which went unheeded and he slotted into the far post. After this the game never really felt in doubt. Scott “Gepetto” Jones came on for skipper Lawrence in a like-for-like substitution and started pulling the strings and new signing Chris Butler came on for the enigmatic Michael Cruse and bagged himself a brace. Man of the match, Chris “Berbatov” Webster capped off a fine display with a goal. Blakeston could have made it 4 but took possibly the worst penalty in history which was easily saved. 
Special mention to the ref, Mr Mankee?, who was excellent and also to the Perranwell keeper and young midfielder who both kept fighting to the end. Also thank you to the away team manager for sweeping the away team changing room, that was a nice touch

Finally, thank you to ‘well player, Jolen Heritage, for coming back to the pub and enjoying a sausage. Very classy 

35 minutes ago, peggy78 said:

You should do some sort of match report on the game @Pitty 😂

In a nutshell it blowed a hooley, 103 year old Neil ‘antoney’ Furcup got the 3rd goal with Sam King and Gupreet Sing with the other two and everyone had a pint after in a portakabin and reminisced about the time they had 3rd year double French in a similar structure but with less alcohol 😁

4 hours ago, Mama Sidibe said:

Talking of refs, the Newlyn volunteer (an injured Newlyn player who had reffed 4/5 previous games this season) yesterday was very good. Granted he didn’t have much to do but what he did do was done with no fuss. 

Thank you for your kind words, it was in fact myself. 

You guys were a credit to your club. 

Made the game easy to officiate. I have nothing but kind words to say about your club yesterday. Even some of our lads said after the game despite the heavy defeat, you didn't rub it in our faces, didn't showboat, didn't take the. You just played football.

As for Newlyn Lions another 2 injuries yesterday, were really struggling for players at the moment. Could be a long end to the season for us. If we make it that far... 

1 hour ago, Holto said:

Div 1

Yesterday saw the Richard Jory host local rivals and bogey side Perranwell. Perranwell looked to have a depleted team compared to earlier in the season but we weren’t going to take things for granted. 

The first half didn’t show the best of either teams abilities with conditions playing a major role. We, Frogpool, could have been 5 or 6 up at half time but a combination of excellent saves and woeful finishing kept the scores even. Perranwell had a couple of scrappy chances which kept us on our toes. 
0-0 half time.

After a roasting from the gaffer and the chairman calling us all thicko’s the second half was underway. The second half started similarly to how the first ended.  An excellent Perranwell free kick nearly caused an upset, beating keeper Craigo to hit the inside of the far post. The ball thankfully ricocheted across goal and was swept away. The game remained a stalemate until a little magic saw Jack Blakeston score the first of his three. He skipped past two or three defenders in the box, shouts of “pass it” resounded around the field which went unheeded and he slotted into the far post. After this the game never really felt in doubt. Scott “Gepetto” Jones came on for skipper Lawrence in a like-for-like substitution and started pulling the strings and new signing Chris Butler came on for the enigmatic Michael Cruse and bagged himself a brace. Man of the match, Chris “Berbatov” Webster capped off a fine display with a goal. Blakeston could have made it 4 but took possibly the worst penalty in history which was easily saved. 
Special mention to the ref, Mr Mankee?, who was excellent and also to the Perranwell keeper and young midfielder who both kept fighting to the end. Also thank you to the away team manager for sweeping the away team changing room, that was a nice touch

Finally, thank you to ‘well player, Jolen Heritage, for coming back to the pub and enjoying a sausage. Very classy 

Such a shame only 1 player from Perranwell came back! And I think that was only because he used to play for us! 
Win, loose or draw we make a point of always going back to support other clubs!
Thank you for cleaning out the changing rooms after you left, much appreciated.  

3 hours ago, Holto said:

Div 1

0-0 half time.

It was a shame this fixture had to be refixtured because the original game was called off due to a waterlogged pitch but as we all know that wasn’t the case as I went up there myself and there wasn’t a drop on it !
Yes a little depleted but no reason not to go back afterwards which they have failed to do more than once this season which is poor.

Troon Res 1-3 Holmans Res. from my point of view it was cold and windy. 

Both teams played there game as best they could with 0 fuss was a lovely game to ref, thank you both teams for making it at least partially fun to ref ( would have been better with no wind )

23 hours ago, cornishteddyboy said:

Just to annoy Rodney Beer

Div 1

Falmouth DC 0-6 Penzance Reserves

Att - 13

Not at all. I'm so pleased that at last you could be conveniently accommodated on a pitch when you felt no need to cancel the game, put it back on and then re-cancel it. Good job the first team weren't facing challenging opposition like, say, Pendeen. And down in Falmouth they can read and write, so they could give you a bit of charcoal to make sure the whole team was legally signed on before kick off. Finishing the game by four, there's plenty of time for all the ASBOs to report to Camborne nick before punching on down home for Saturday night usual business in Smacktown. Well done to all !