Cornwall Football Forum

ILLOGAN RBL UNABLE TO TRAVEL!

5 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Illogan RBL can't raise a side for tomorrow's away game at Plymstock United in the West Division!

This means the game will be awarded as a win to Plymstock as a “Home Win” whilst Illogan will be deducted 3 points as per the league's rule.

Our combo game was cancelled this week as well - waterlogged pitch !!!! Mmmmm.

I would be interested to know do Illogan's reserves team play in the Duchy League??? If they do no point having them. You cannot use the players for 2 games or they become senior players and result in the second team not being able to raise a game.

9 hours ago, Dudas said:

I would be interested to know do Illogan's reserves team play in the Duchy League??? If they do no point having them. You cannot use the players for 2 games or they become senior players and result in the second team not being able to raise a game.

Not entirely correct. They would have to play a set amount of games or percentage of games to become a senior player and illegible for their Junior team - who play in the Trelawny League - the West equivalent of the Duchy. Their reserve team currently play in the Combination League, which enables players to move slightly more freely between the first and second team I believe. 

There is no way you can scrap eligibility restrictions. Fine for club’s first teams, but it would make the Reserves and teams that they compete against an absolute farce. 

Farcical, and what I find even stranger than this is their 2nds and 3rds both have games! How someone from the CCFA allows this is beyond me, surly you'd say 'if your firsts can raise a side the 2nds or 3rds won't be playing'?

An extremely easy option nowadays to say 'we can't raise a side', nothing to do with cricket either it's just down to not wanting to be on the end of a hiding, full or part of a squad it would of ended in the same way! I said it a few months back and got laughed at, bit off more than they can chew! 

12 minutes ago, Sijames said:

Farcical, and what I find even stranger than this is their 2nds and 3rds both have games! How someone from the CCFA allows this is beyond me, surly you'd say 'if your firsts can raise a side the 2nds or 3rds won't be playing'?

An extremely easy option nowadays to say 'we can't raise a side', nothing to do with cricket either it's just down to not wanting to be on the end of a hiding, full or part of a squad it would of ended in the same way! I said it a few months back and got laughed at, bit off more than they can chew! 

Have to agree it’s not very good, but at the end of the day, you can’t make anyone play if they don’t want to!

I understand they’ve been struggling for weeks and played Millbrook  with 6 third team last week. For today they had 9 available with 4 carrying knocks. Seconds had 10 available.  Thirds was called off last week! It goes on and on!

They’ll be relegated anyway and so hopefully next season will be better for them. They tried a higher Step, in my opinion probably a couple seasons too late, and for various reasons it hasn’t worked out. But at least they gave it a go. ?

Different league's - you can't force players to sign for all the leagues that the club's teams play for. They are free under FA rules to sign for different clubs in different league's.

If a first team, let's say Mawnan (using as an example) couldn't field a team in the Trelawny Premier, their reserves team would not be permitted to play. The reserves would have to step up and play the first teams fixtures.

Those rules cannot exist for clubs that have teams operating in different league's. 

Illogan could have one player that has signed for them in the third team, mullion in the combo and Falmouth in the SWPL - it happens. (Team names used as an example).

I'm sure Illogan will be fined heavily for this so it's not a decision they've taken lightly. It doesn't put the club in a good light but it's no secret that they are struggling.

1 hour ago, Sijames said:

The stupidity of travelling long distances to play a game of football at Cornish level is financially restrictive and a burden on players who do actually have jobs. Falmouth have 2 trips mid week simultaneously into mid devon  no player at this level wants to do this. It is just daft fixturing !

Once again it’s the usual idiots that no nothing of running a club that slag off people & a club they clearly no nothing about.  Have people forgotten how many games these players are playing here because of the weather over the last few months . Illogan of all clubs would not want to cancel fixtures & be fined hundreds of pounds . Give them a break I know plenty of other clubs that have had to do the same. 

1 hour ago, bighairydave said:

What does it have to do with CCFA?

Typical attitude from them!

1 hour ago, MARKSY said:

Once again it’s the usual idiots that no nothing of running a club that slag off people & a club they clearly no nothing about.  Have people forgotten how many games these players are playing here because of the weather over the last few months . Illogan of all clubs would not want to cancel fixtures & be fined hundreds of pounds . Give them a break I know plenty of other clubs that have had to do the same. 

Remove your tongue! We both know any and all clubs should ensure they have all players signed for ALL teams!!!!! That way you wouldn't end up in this mess! Lack of forward thinking and a severe lack of togetherness as a club!

3 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Have to agree it’s not very good, but at the end of the day, you can’t make anyone play if they don’t want to!

I understand they’ve been struggling for weeks and played Millbrook  with 6 third team last week. For today they had 9 available with 4 carrying knocks. Seconds had 10 available.  Thirds was called off last week! It goes on and on!

They’ll be relegated anyway and so hopefully next season will be better for them. They tried a higher Step, in my opinion probably a couple seasons too late, and for various reasons it hasn’t worked out. But at least they gave it a go. ?

Who's getting relegated? I wouldn't speak too soon about that scenario, or their combo team...?

19 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Hadn’t considered that! Both 1st and 2nds get relegated. Slim chance for the Combo side though I would think.

They'll probably take the easy option and pull the firsts out altogether, and then make their current 2nds into the 1sts and go down to 2 teams, pointless entering a new (or asking too) 3rd team into the lower trelawny leagues if they can't even raise one half the time as it is!

8 hours ago, Sijames said:

Typical attitude from them!

Remove your tongue! We both know any and all clubs should ensure they have all players signed for ALL teams!!!!! That way you wouldn't end up in this mess! Lack of forward thinking and a severe lack of togetherness as a club!

Who's getting relegated? I wouldn't speak too soon about that scenario, or their combo team...?

Remove your tongue ????you know absolutely jack shit you are just a little stirrer you silly little boy?thanks for the bite ?at least you know I was referring to the likes of you ?????oh & when you find a club that signs all players for every team they have at that club I will buy you a pint ? although the more likelyhood is I will pour one over your head?

22 minutes ago, MARKSY said:

Remove your tongue ????you know absolutely jack shit you are just a little stirrer you silly little boy?thanks for the bite ?at least you know I was referring to the likes of you ?????oh & when you find a club that signs all players for every team they have at that club I will buy you a pint ? although the more likelyhood is I will pour one over your head?

A fella after my own style there Marksy ...love it.

15 hours ago, Sijames said:

Hang on mouth you was one of them in the beginning when they were winning combo saying big fish now they tried it you’re saying bit off more than they can chew make your mind up . You are the victor Meldrew of this forum love a moan ??

Illogan are a good very well run Club with a great setup, at least they stepped up and gave the higher standard a go, knowing what is involved in running a football Club im sure this was the only option to be honest, if they were still just in the combo winning everything people would be slating them for having no ambition !

21 hours ago, Muggy said:

Hang on mouth you was one of them in the beginning when they were winning combo saying big fish now they tried it you’re saying bit off more than they can chew make your mind up . You are the victor Meldrew of this forum love a moan ??

Big Al got competition then ? ?

Just goes to show that having ambition can be of detriment to a club. 

Know your levels and stick at that and ensure that you continue to provide football for the community. 

End of the season and a travel to Plymouth resulting in a 6plus hour day out isn’t going to be much fun for most!

1 hour ago, St Darren said:

Just goes to show that having ambition can be of detriment to a club. 

Know your levels and stick at that and ensure that you continue to provide football for the community. 

End of the season and a travel to Plymouth resulting in a 6plus hour day out isn’t going to be much fun for most!

So is this a case of a club being let down by its players?

When the players sign up, they have to be aware that games further than 20 miles away are involved.

Or is more like, “well we’re not going to win anything, so I can’t be bothered!”

1 hour ago, Dave Deacon said:

When the players sign up, they have to be aware that games further than 20 miles away are involved.

Or is more like, “well we’re not going to win anything, so I can’t be bothered!”

I think the answer is yes to both.

1 hour ago, Dave Deacon said:

Im surprised Abbo hasnt commented as of yet to clear things up and put to bed any speculation. He's Mr Illogan so will be hurting more than most i can assure you!