Cornwall Football Forum

FA Cup 4th QR - Saturday October 14 2017

56 minutes ago, cornishteddyboy said:

Let's hope you have a peaceful and rewarding trip.

My team Hereford's supporters had to suffer this at Banbury on Tuesday evening. http://www.herefordfc.co.uk/statement-club-praise-behaviour-of-fans/

Happens at a lot of grounds they travel too.

We dont get to much trouble.

A little bit,sometimes,but on the whole,not bad.

Only had a few banning orders,but they were issued by our own Club.:SM_carton:

Lets hope Hereford are the visitors. They beat Eastleigh 2-1, the home side down to 9 players at the finish due to red cards. Important for any home team, Hereford took over 650 away supporters with them out of a crowd of 1,345. Imagine how much they spent, welcome pennies for the home side. One of the Hereford goal scorers had to be taken away in an ambulance but see how much quicker they are up there. Game was held up for only 15 minutes whilst down here it is often an hour a player has to lie on the ground in agony.

40 minutes ago, cornishteddyboy said:

Lets hope Hereford are the visitors. They beat Eastleigh 2-1, the home side down to 9 players at the finish due to red cards. Important for any home team, Hereford took over 650 away supporters with them out of a crowd of 1,345. Imagine how much they spent, welcome pennies for the home side. One of the Hereford goal scorers had to be taken away in an ambulance but see how much quicker they are up there. Game was held up for only 15 minutes whilst down here it is often an hour a player has to lie on the ground in agony.

i hope they draw a decent team

blackburn away or argyle

In rounds 1 and 2 I would like to see a couple of reasonably easy draws (Non League) then in round 3 SPURS at Wembley.

I missed Truro's game settling for Spurs at Wembley only because it was closer to home and I didn't feel 100%, I went to the England v Slovenia game and after a days rest shot over to Lithuania for the game there, the game was played just 200 miles from Moscow and it was wet and cold brrr - As it turned out the wise thing today would have been to give football a miss, never mind all's well that ends well, I intend to be at Wealdstone next Saturday plus a bonus of Wembley on the Sunday (v Liverpool).

6 minutes ago, TruroPostie said:

Change the record indeed. In one of the club's finest hours,  the negative people still want to drag us all down. Pathetic.

Pipe down in the cheap seats . ( Joke)   well done to Truro away tie and draw then return at home midweek would probably pull in a good crowd , perhaps a chance for the club to build some bridges and entice fans back , just my own thoughts with no hidden agenda . 

42 minutes ago, TruroPostie said:

Change the record indeed. In one of the club's finest hours,  the negative people still want to drag us all down. Pathetic.

Did'nt see you there yesterday.

Missed a great day for the Club.

Did'nt think the Sunday Independent had much to do with TCFC.Just certain people connected with the Club.

This week in the EVO-STICK (Southern League) Premier division Slough Town with 24 points visited Merthyr on 22 points, after 21 minutes Merthyr were winning 4-0 but ended up LOSING 5-4 with Slough scoring in the 89th and 93rd minute - That shows spirit.

After losing their ground several years ago Slough Town who use to be to Wycombe Wanderers what Falmouth Town are to Truro City have a good history, now back home in Slough the club is on the move,, yesterday they beat Folkestone Invicta from the .(BOSTIK) Premier League 1-0 in front of an impressive 926 spectators.

Clubs on the way back to health can be tricky so perhaps Slough who also have terrific support could be one of those clubs it is best to avoid at this stage of the competition. I admit to being lukewarm towards the FA Cup because of the lacklustre decade of results we have recently experienced but now with game on I own up to being quite excited. WHO KNOWS WE COULD CHALLENGE FOR THE FA TROPHY.

8 hours ago, Rayvon said:

Police have just released a statement that sabotage is suspected and they are questioning someone from the Falmouth area regarding the incident. Anyone who can help them with there inquiries are asked to come forward.:yahoo:

Well  done on your achievement  Raymond but remember you have to do it three more times to overtake the town ..And if you draw the owls where will your loyalty lie ?

On 15/10/2017 at 19:14, mattelot said:

Well  done on your achievement  Raymond but remember you have to do it three more times to overtake the town ..And if you draw the owls where will your loyalty lie ?

If the game gets postponed then they can become the second Cornish team to be in the 2nd round draw