Trelawny League Results - 13th August 2022

10 minutes ago, mbkted said:

We where there as storm where playing Wendron 5ths

We heard it was abandoned for fighting

16 minutes ago, Dave Bartlam said:

A new referee aswell. 

'Why is there a shortage' 

25 minutes ago, Mr Justice said:

I’m hearing on the grapevine that the Wendron vs Holmans match in Trelawny Div 2 was abandoned due to abuse directed at the match official by Holmans players. 

Before rumours start flying no fighting however injury occurred to a player for a challenge requiring hospital treatment, a turn of events following that challenge has resulted in an abandonment for which I am sure the CCFA will fully investigate and come to an informed decision on completion,  so rather then spread idle gossip might be best for the matter to be investigated correctly

11 minutes ago, mbkted said:

We where there as storm where playing Wendron 5ths

We heard it was abandoned for fighting

Hey I was playing in this game and our cb was struck by a deliberate elbow which for some reason was denied by the official ( who was actually having a decent game before this) there wasn’t any fight or any altercation…. So not sure where these Chinese whispers have come from! Our cb has had to go to hospital to have his head glued ! 
both sets of players agreed that the number 9 should have walked! But hey ho ! 
That’s football ! 

2 minutes ago, bobbylee11 said:

Hey I was playing in this game and our cb was struck by a deliberate elbow which for some reason was denied by the official ( who was actually having a decent game before this) there wasn’t any fight or any altercation…. So not sure where these Chinese whispers have come from! Our cb has had to go to hospital to have his head glued ! 
That’s football ! 

Fair enough pal

just saying what we heard 

5 hours ago, Nathan Davison said:

Sensational from holmans in the trelawney league. Surrounding the referee, delivering abuse and being completely out of order. 

We wonder why officials don't want to do this anymore, and especially female officials as was the case today.

Yes she's my sister, but being a manger myself I understand the importance of officials. 

Absolutely shameful, disgraceful and it makes my blood boil. Should be utterly ashamed as a football club. 

Officials are needed to run this game, the game we love, and this doesn't help in the slightest. 

Interestingly this referee actually runs the line in St pirans, so she's as qualified as anyone else who thinks they know the rules. 

Awful day for cornish football. 

What a set of

Our official today was fantastic. Storm v Wendron 5ths and she controlled the game fantastically

maybe should have sent out keeper off (storm) but I’m glad she didn’t and we won on opening day for the first time in about ten years 

23 minutes ago, bobbylee11 said:

That’s football ! 

3 minutes ago, Mki89 said:

I'm holmans manager and I'm just replying to the last comment. I personally don't see what it matters if she was a female referee or if it was a male referee that conducted the game today. As the manager I came onto the pitch to check my player was okay after a deliberate elbow to the face (which all wendron management agreed was a red card) in all fairness to them. I believe I'm in my own right to ask why there wasn't any cards produced. At no point was there any reason to abandon the game. The referee stayed in the middle of the pitch were the incident occurred, where most players were at the time so I would hardly call this being surrounded. And as for storm manager calling us names I think this says more about you than us. As you said you was attending you're own game so hardly in a position to comment. I've attached our players injury which we was told was a fair challenge because leading with you're elbow is allowed because you can't jump like salmons (quoted by our ref)

IMG-20220813-WA0003.jpg

Any thoughts on the surrounding of the official? More than one neutral person commenting on that. You guys also knew that she was new to it so surely a bit more leeway!

13 minutes ago, Mki89 said:

I'm holmans manager and I'm just replying to the last comment. I personally don't see what it matters if she was a female referee or if it was a male referee that conducted the game today. As the manager I came onto the pitch to check my player was okay after a deliberate elbow to the face (which all wendron management agreed was a red card) in all fairness to them. I believe I'm in my own right to ask why there wasn't any cards produced. At no point was there any reason to abandon the game. The referee stayed in the middle of the pitch were the incident occurred, where most players were at the time so I would hardly call this being surrounded. And as for storm manager calling us names I think this says more about you than us. As you said you was attending you're own game so hardly in a position to comment. I've attached our players injury which we was told was a fair challenge because leading with you're elbow is allowed because you can't jump like salmons (quoted by our ref)

IMG-20220813-WA0003.jpg

Just for the record here, I'm the storm manager and haven't even passed comment on this 💁‍♂️

7 minutes ago, Mki89 said:

But I feel if there has been a mistake made it should be picked up

So, if a ref makes a mistake, which is very likely in every game, up and down the land, how should it be “picked up”?

And when a player makes a mistake, should that be picked up too?

I think I know what you’re saying, but mistakes are going to happen all the time, frequently in fact, by all of us. So perhaps we have to learn to bite our tongues a bit more for legitimate mistakes.

Respect for referees. There is a big thing in football about that. You may have noticed the logos on the tele? Our game must be the worst game of all for showing respect to referees. And this thread is doing little to counter that argument.

12 minutes ago, Mki89 said:

Yes happy to answer. In my opinion I thought she had a half decent game wasn't too much to report on other than a few niggling tackles that was missed, but nothing more than any experienced official would of missed. Literally had to speak out when a player got intentionally injured. Which I'm hoping someone from wendron will verify for us, as they agreed with us at half time before the game was called off. Be honest I literally had to make an account on here to make our voice be heard as we aren't a team that goes out to hurt opponents or to abuse referees but I'm not gonna watch people slag myself or my lads off without knowing anything about the game. We have already heard the guy that was watching the referee has backed her side of events which we knew would happen as like everyone has said we don't have enough officials for our leagues as it is. But I feel if there has been a mistake made it should be picked up on otherwise how do people become better and progress. Also a head injury had to be seen to immediately. And to daves question no nobody got carded or asked to leave the ground by the official when so called being surrounded 

Apologies mbkted Said he was from storm assumed he was the manager 

Perhaps she felt too intimidated to do any cards at the time and then when players came towards her again at the end of the half enough was enough.

Whether you felt at the time something had happened, there are the correct channels to air those grievances after the game. To question decisions to the point that the official was upset and eventually decided to end the game (and from what has been said by witnesses you guys didn't help yourselves there either) is not right and I am sure on reflection you will know that.

14 minutes ago, Mki89 said:

I do understand what you're both saying, but its the referees job to pick up on players mistakes and ensure a fair match.

However, when a player is seriously injured, and in need of emergency treatment at hospital, I believe that we are well within our rights to question why there were no consequences for that.

I appreciate that there is a lack of officials, but we should still be able to question decisions if we feel that actions on the pitch are not being dealt with correctly. 

1. It is not refs job to pick up on player mistakes as they'd be there all day. It's there job to enforce the ruless.

2. A player can get injured without it being a foul did that cross your mind. Remember Luke Shaw's injury in that champions League game?

3. You have no right to question decisions by entering the field of play without permission

I dont know this ref don't even know his name but well done for not taking any crap 

3 minutes ago, Keith B said:

I didn't see the match so con't comment on it. However, if the female referee was officiating at her first match, I hope if she reads this thread she isn't put off by the criticism. 

Referees often get surrounded by a number of players, so she will have to get used to that. If the line officials are experienced, at least one should (in my opinion) offer support to the referee by his/her presence on the pitch - until told it's ok by the referee.

No need for your first sentence mbkted - not helpful or respectful to other forum users.

Isnt the line officials at this level subs?

Sorry about my writing I've never been very good at it 

1 hour ago, Mki89 said:

IMG-20220813-WA0003.jpg

Hope any scar doesn’t spoil Sam’s good looks 😬

41 minutes ago, Keith B said:

I didn't see the match so con't comment on it. However, if the female referee was officiating at her first match, I hope if she reads this thread she isn't put off by the criticism. 

Referees often get surrounded by a number of players, so she will have to get used to that. If the line officials are experienced, at least one should (in my opinion) offer support to the referee by his/her presence on the pitch - until told it's ok by the referee.

No need for your first sentence mbkted - not helpful or respectful to other forum users.

Why should she have to get used to it? Surely players should stop doing it rather than getting used to iy.

24 minutes ago, Keith B said:

True bhd - but we all know that the players won't stop doing it unless the officials, backed up by the FA, come down on it heavily.

Isnt that what this ref has done? Come down heavily by essentially walking off the pitch cos she ,I said he earlier sorry, weren't taking it anymore

15 hours ago, BrummyBarry said:

1. It is not refs job to pick up on player mistakes as they'd be there all day. It's there job to enforce the ruless.

2. A player can get injured without it being a foul did that cross your mind. Remember Luke Shaw's injury in that champions League game?

3. You have no right to question decisions by entering the field of play without permission

I dont know this ref don't even know his name but well done for not taking any crap 

Well said. There is a huge difference between leading with the elbow and using it to naturally jump and compete in the air. I actually know the ref and spoke to her last night, she felt intimidated and frightened due the the actions of the players. I believe she will probably not ref again, regardless of the male/female question, she knows the laws of the game better than many refs i know. I have played for many year and not always agreed with officials decisions, however to go as far as treating an official in this manner is beyond what should be allowed. Be interesting to see how the CCFA deal with it after loosing another ref. 

It's endless today, blame the ref, surround the ref, pressure the ref.

It's like back to their youth running to mummy to sort things out, it is getting ridiculous we had it in our game yesterday,  tantrum after tantrum its endless and totally boring.

It starts from the premiership and filters all the way down,  cant these people just bloody grow up!

I never appealed to the ref once in 30 years of playing football,  sorted it myself/ ourselves.

Well done to the players and referee, Francis Hood for playing yesterday afternoon at Penzance Lesiure Centre. 

A drinks break in each half for those playing helped keep them hydrated but boy was it hot. 

Games are called off if the weather is too rough or pitchs water-logged but who thinks in conditions like yesterday referee's could postpone due to safety of players? Some came off the pitch looking like zombies.

Is it possible to call off due to heat exhaustion under safety concerns?

I've never heard of it.

Frogpool 2-2 Threemilestone 

A game of 2 halves,  with both teams having chances to win the game.  Goals for TMS from Matt Luff and Matt Toms.  Shabba had to go off in the first half with a cut to the head after accidental head collision.  Nothing too serious but had to have it glued. 

Game played it the right manner and attitude of both teams were impeccable. 

Can only praise the ref yesterday,  Scott Gilbert.  A new ref who called it as he saw it.  On to next week against a strong West Cornwall team

43 minutes ago, TMS_4 _Life said:

Frogpool 2-2 Threemilestone 

A game of 2 halves,  with both teams having chances to win the game.  Goals for TMS from Matt Luff and Matt Toms.  Shabba had to go off in the first half with a cut to the head after accidental head collision.  Nothing too serious but had to have it glued. 

Game played it the right manner and attitude of both teams were impeccable. 

Can only praise the ref yesterday,  Scott Gilbert.  A new ref who called it as he saw it.  On to next week against a strong West Cornwall team

Ive screenshot this post as three milestone are usually all about bashing and threatening referees finally we have them actually likin one there is a god

Keith and Older your'e overlooking one important thing . In you playing era you had discipline at home and discipline at school .Your father may have been in the forces  during the war or National Service  and that discipline was passed down to you .You may not have liked it at the time but it was instilled in you  and made you a better person regarding your attitude to authority . In the 70's  academics decided that  discipline was old fashioned  and would be almost abolished in schools , as a result we end up in the situation that we are in now .

I agree with your point regarding the F.A.  the Respect campaign has been running now for several seasons with very little success , if any .. Perhaps its time for heavier admin fees ( I think technically they are called that rather than fines by the F.A. ) So a Roche player pays the same as a Premiership player for a booking , peculiar isn't it ?

Why can't the authorities sort out the abuse to referees and the constant wrestling in the box for corners . I watched a game the other night  in the Championship a player committed a foul , the referee played the advantage , then walked over to the player  and spoke to him , the player ignored him and kept walking away .The referee called him over and warned him about the tackle but the player didn't take the slightest bit of notice . This is what referees at all levels have to , or are expected to ,  put up with . This has been a problem for some years and more noticeable since the enormous television coverage  , and nothing has been done about it WHY ? I hate to be critical of the F.A. but it seems strange that somebody can come up with a rule whereby an offside flag  must be delayed  which to most minds is dangerous and also angers spectators  and fail to stop abuse of officials .

Day one of a new season and we’re already seeing a match abandoned due to player conduct towards a brand new referee.

CCFA have worked hard over the close season to recruit and train new referees to help YOU and ensure as many games are covered with qualified, neutral referees as possible. 

As usual we can always rely on the players and managers to undo all that hard work by intimidating a brand new, female official to the point she probably won’t bother refereeing again. 

WELL DONE ALL.

Give yourselves a pat on the back. 👏🏻

37 minutes ago, fenman said:

Keith and Older your'e overlooking one important thing . In you playing era you had discipline at home and discipline at school .Your father may have been in the forces  during the war or National Service  and that discipline was passed down to you .You may not have liked it at the time but it was instilled in you  and made you a better person regarding your attitude to authority . In the 70's  academics decided that  discipline was old fashioned  and would be almost abolished in schools , as a result we end up in the situation that we are in now .

I agree with your point regarding the F.A.  the Respect campaign has been running now for several seasons with very little success , if any .. Perhaps its time for heavier admin fees ( I think technically they are called that rather than fines by the F.A. ) So a Roche player pays the same as a Premiership player for a booking , peculiar isn't it ?

Why can't the authorities sort out the abuse to referees and the constant wrestling in the box for corners . I watched a game the other night  in the Championship a player committed a foul , the referee played the advantage , then walked over to the player  and spoke to him , the player ignored him and kept walking away .The referee called him over and warned him about the tackle but the player didn't take the slightest bit of notice . This is what referees at all levels have to , or are expected to ,  put up with . This has been a problem for some years and more noticeable since the enormous television coverage  , and nothing has been done about it WHY ? I hate to be critical of the F.A. but it seems strange that somebody can come up with a rule whereby an offside flag  must be delayed  which to most minds is dangerous and also angers spectators  and fail to stop abuse of officials .

Yes,  all of that Fenman,  but I grew up as well. 

Div 4:  Ruan Minor CFC 1-4 St Just 

Great game between both sides on a very hard ground in 30" of heat. I would like to thank St Just for helping get the game played by supplying a Ref who I have to say was fantastic!. Good luck St Just for the season good bunch of lads and we look forward to playing you again soon.

Attendance 60.

The message below was sent by the CCFA to all Leagues and Clubs on 3rd August.  Enough said.

FAO - Adult League and Club Officials

Already in a few pre-season friendlies we have received reports of aggressive, confrontational and rude behaviour towards referees. What is most concerning is that a number of the reports are games where the referee is a newly qualified referee doing their first games.

I am well aware of the fact that one of the challenges at The Trelawny League and Duchy League levels is having referees appointed to your games, indeed it is an issue raised with us and an issue which has been raised at AGM’s.

We have worked hard to recruit new referees, so much so that many courses have been subsidised by some of our leagues so that people taking the course only pay £30 as opposed to £130.

All referees should be treated with respect and should be made to feel welcome when they attend your club, but for players and managers to be swearing, criticising and being rude to newly qualified referees is quite frankly ridiculous, especially when clubs and leagues are crying out for referees.

In all the reports I have received the referee has made both clubs aware they are a new referee, so for abuse to still happen really is disappointing, unless the behaviour improves then these newly qualified referees just won’t carry on and your teams and leagues will again be frustrated at receiving no appointments.

Newly qualified referees will make mistakes, but in all honesty they will make far less mistakes than the players and managers. Show the same patience and support to them as you would to your players who mis-place a pass, miss a tackle or shank a cross wide. Help the referees build their confidence and support them. It is the only way we will retain referees.

Nothing would give me greater pleasure than having to issue less charges, and have more referees covering your games.

The message of Respect and support is relevant for all levels of football though which is why this email is being sent to all Adult Leagues and Clubs, please re-iterate the message to managers and players.

Please pass this message on to all the managers and players within your league because we will be taking an absolute zero tolerance approach to abusive behaviour this season.

Managers can be a big problem as regards the abuse of referees .In the 80's the team I played for had an eccentric old man managing the team . He fought in the second world war as a marine and was as tough as teak He gave us instructions and plans for each game and wo betide anyone who ignored them . As a result we were quite successful  . He would not tolerate abuse of officials  in any form . He often said to us that we shouldn't expect referees at our standard to be perfect and if we were perfect we would'nt be playing football at a low level He was , for all his faults , a great motivator a only one team mattered to him , he wasn't interested in what other teams were doing or how good they were . He  just used to tell  us to play the game , play to his plan and let the other side worry about us rather than us worrying about them . When I took over the team years later I couldn't impose his standards on the team . They were mostly teenagers , big egos , no respect and unable to play any system . Most games we had a player or two booked for dissent , in spite of my pleading with them to shut up and walk away . Unfortunatley  in that situation the players all being mates have you by the *************  because if you upset or drop one , they all go and your'e left without a team . 

Don't always do a write-up, but just to get some focus back on actual results in this thread:

West Cornwall 4 - 1 Illogan Res (H/T 2-1)

Local derby, first game of the season.

Illogan took an early lead, despite West having majority of possession after a mishit clearance from the keeper fell kindly to the Illogan striker, who took his chance well.

West Cornwall's goals came at critical times, Mawgan Watts with a lovely curled effort (on his 'weaker' foot) from the edge of the box pulled the game level immediately before the first water break, and then a really well taken goal from Owain Barrett (his first in over a year since a horrible achilles injury ruled him out for most of last season) came almost immediately after the water break after a good run in behind.

Ben Dawe then slotted home from the edge of the box early in the second half, when the ball fell kindly to him after a good stop by the Illogan keeper, and then the final nail in the coffin for Illogan, West Cornwall go down to 10 men due to a sin-bin, and whilst this may have given Illogan a degree of hope to get themselves back in the game, Ben Dawe ended up riding a couple of tackles on the edge of the box after driving in from the left wing, to then fire a well placed effort in off both posts to put the game out of sight. 

Illogan themselves also saw a player go off for a late sinbin, both of these probably a bit 'soft', but the main thing was that it was consistent decision making from the referee, who had a good game overall.

A decent and well contested derby in front of a good sized crowd, physical and firey on occasion (as you would hope for), without it ever getting out of hand. Lot's of mutual respect come the final whistle.

Good luck Illogan for the rest of the season, I'm sure with a few players back in that they were missing this week that they will be thereabouts come the end of the season.

The National F.A.  have today launched a new campaign to combat abuse , foul play etc. etc. in grass roots football . promising tougher penalties  for offenders 

Speaking of which I understand that there were near riots during and after the Norwich / Millwall game . Millwall fans attacked stewards and Police officers and ripped out seats  . Some club fans never change do they ?

Millwall lost incidently .