Bude Town                                     4-1         Saltash Borough

Callington Town Reserves           4-0         St Dennis Reserves

Polperro                                          5-3         Morwenstow

St Mawgan                                     2-2         St Dominick

Torpoint Athletic Reserves          3-0         Sticker Reserves

WEST

Falmouth Town Reserves            3-4         Redruth United

Ludgvan                                          2-4         St Ives Town

Mullion                                            4-1         Mousehole Development

Perranporth                                   Aban     Truro City Reserves (Injury)

Perranwell                                      1-1         Helston Athletic Reserves

Porthleven                                      2-2         Hayle

St Day                                              2-3         St Agnes

Wendron United Reserves          0-1         Illogan RBL

SPL EAST

POLPERRO  (2)  5        Thomas 2’  48’  51’  79   Gilbert  39’

MORWENSTOW  (1)  3    Carter 18’  Rogers 76’   ? 86’

Att  24

Really enjoyable game at Killigarth this afternoon. Two committed teams, one slightly classier than the other football wise but 100% effort all round. Perfect start for the hosts, a ball deftly controlled out the air and round the keeper for impressive striker Ian Thomas first goal of the afternoon. The hosts then struck the woodwork twice, one a superb 25 yard free kick by  Kieran Faulkner that was tipped on to the post by visiting keeper Sam Sutcliffe who went on to make about 5 top class saves throughout the afternoon. Could have been 3-0 but was 1-1 after 18 when Matt Carter swept the ball home at the far post after a good move involving the impressive youngster Archie ?  

Great work down the right saw the hosts regain the lead just before the break when  talented 17  year old Jadon Gilbert finished well, son of dad Dave who is now managing the side after 22 years service to the club!! 👏🏼👏🏼  Enjoyed the half time cup of tea and 10 minute chat with club legend Matt Pengelly who showed me the new very impressive clubhouse at the ground, great work by all  concerned! 👌👌 I even threw a 180 and two 140’s on about 20 visits to board pre game, 🎯 no time to play myself at pool though!!  And Matt pointed out a team photo of a young Dave Deacon with a Kevin Keegan perm!! Worth the visit alone that was! 😀👍

Good to see keeper Mike Rickard for a few minutes as well watching the game and his son play 2nd half from his car, Mike produced one of the best goalkeeping displays I’ve ever seen (and I’ve played with some great keepers) in last seasons SPL cup final at Wendron against Penryn. Deacs interviewed Mike the following week on the podcast and he was a great guy as well. Good to see him again. 

Polperro turned on the class straight from the start of the 2nd half with the outstanding Thomas soon completing his hat-trick, his 3rd a cracking low strike into the bottom corner that even Sutcliffe couldn’t get near!  Fair play to Morwenstow though, they were good opponents and didn’t let Polperro have anything for nothing and deservedly got another goal their efforts deserved  when Cal Rogers clipped a snap shot dipping over the keeper from an angle. Thomas somewhat predictably wrapped the game up for Polperro with his 4th of an impressive afternoon driving the ball under Sutcliffe. Wouldn’t mind recommending this lad to any SWPL manager to be honest although I’m sure Matt and Dave would like to keep him at Polperro for as long as possible, he will scores bags at this level for sure.

There was still time for the plucky and determined visitors to pull another goal back 4 minutes from time when a shot from the edge of the area took a massive deflection past the keeper, always the players goal for me but possible OG as well? Looked on target for me though?  The last kick of the game came from a Faulkner free kick, and having watched his previous two quality strikes I decided to get the phone out and video this one! He didn’t disappoint with another thunderbolt that smashed down off the crossbar and over the line by about 2 foot! To be fair the Morwenstow Lino was fair as you like all afternoon, I was behind him quite a few times and he was spot on and could be forgiven for not awarding it. 

Lastly and certainly not least thought the young ref was superb today, talking to the players, apologising a couple times when he didn’t play advantage. I saw Ray Brown there today so I’d imagine he was being assessed? If he was I’m sure the report would have been a glowing one! 👍👏🏼👌 Well done young man, a bright future and promotion surely on the cards in the not too distant future in my humble opinion. 8 goals, and an enjoyable afternoon, deserved a bigger attendance really. Well done all at Polperro, a club on the up with all the guys involved there for sure 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

1 hour ago, RAPPO said:

SPL EAST

Att  24

Really enjoyable game at Killigarth this afternoon. Two committed teams, one slightly classier than the other football wise but 100% effort all round. Perfect start for the hosts, a ball deftly controlled out the air and round the keeper for impressive striker Ian Thomas first goal of the afternoon. The hosts then struck the woodwork twice, one a superb 25 yard free kick by  Kieran Faulkner that was tipped on to the post by visiting keeper Sam Sutcliffe who went on to make about 5 top class saves throughout the afternoon. Could have been 3-0 but was 1-1 after 18 when Matt Carter swept the ball home at the far post after a good move involving the impressive youngster Archie ?  

Great work down the right saw the hosts regain the lead just before the break when  talented 17  year old Jadon Gilbert finished well, son of dad Dave who is now managing the side after 22 years service to the club!! 👏🏼👏🏼  Enjoyed the half time cup of tea and 10 minute chat with club legend Matt Pengelly who showed me the new very impressive clubhouse at the ground, great work by all  concerned! 👌👌 I even threw a 180 and two 140’s on about 20 visits to board pre game, 🎯 no time to play myself at pool though!!  And Matt pointed out a team photo of a young Dave Deacon with a Kevin Keegan perm!! Worth the visit alone that was! 😀👍

Good to see keeper Mike Rickard for a few minutes as well watching the game and his son play 2nd half from his car, Mike produced one of the best goalkeeping displays I’ve ever seen (and I’ve played with some great keepers) in last seasons SPL cup final at Wendron against Penryn. Deacs interviewed Mike the following week on the podcast and he was a great guy as well. Good to see him again. 

Polperro turned on the class straight from the start of the 2nd half with the outstanding Thomas soon completing his hat-trick, his 3rd a cracking low strike into the bottom corner that even Sutcliffe couldn’t get near!  Fair play to Morwenstow though, they were good opponents and didn’t let Polperro have anything for nothing and deservedly got another goal their efforts deserved  when Cal Rogers clipped a snap shot dipping over the keeper from an angle. Thomas somewhat predictably wrapped the game up for Polperro with his 4th of an impressive afternoon driving the ball under Sutcliffe. Wouldn’t mind recommending this lad to any SWPL manager to be honest although I’m sure Matt and Dave would like to keep him at Polperro for as long as possible, he will scores bags at this level for sure.

There was still time for the plucky and determined visitors to pull another goal back 4 minutes from time when a shot from the edge of the area took a massive deflection past the keeper, always the players goal for me but possible OG as well? Looked on target for me though?  The last kick of the game came from a Faulkner free kick, and having watched his previous two quality strikes I decided to get the phone out and video this one! He didn’t disappoint with another thunderbolt that smashed down off the crossbar and over the line by about 2 foot! To be fair the Morwenstow Lino was fair as you like all afternoon, I was behind him quite a few times and he was spot on and could be forgiven for not awarding it. 

Lastly and certainly not least thought the young ref was superb today, talking to the players, apologising a couple times when he didn’t play advantage. I saw Ray Brown there today so I’d imagine he was being assessed? If he was I’m sure the report would have been a glowing one! 👍👏🏼👌 Well done young man, a bright future and promotion surely on the cards in the not too distant future in my humble opinion. 8 goals, and an enjoyable afternoon, deserved a bigger attendance really. Well done all at Polperro, a club on the up with all the guys involved there for sure 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

Thanks Rappo, great report and good to see you at Killigarth again 

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Saturday 29 January 2022
1 hour ago, RAPPO said:

SPL EAST

Att  24

Polperro are always a decent watch. I’ve not been to see them this season, but saw them last season and enjoyed the visits because they always have goals in them. They play their slope well and their goals for average over the past two years is very impressive. It’s a decent set up there. 

On 29/01/2022 at 16:57, Fish said:

Game abandoned at Perranporth v Truro due to Perranporth 17 year old with suspected broken leg.

Good to hear it is not as serious as it sounded and boy likely back sooner rather than later. 

With 91mins gone is it likely to be replayed? Perranporth down to 10 men due to foul and abusive to ref, in truro box 2 or 3 times in second half? Added time was only played due to looking for a Perranporth players contact lens!!! If the league sanction that I say there is another dynamic to the managers tactical approach. Close game, go down and we'll get replay.  Doors open for debate and abuse if league fold over on that one! My opinion only. 

38 minutes ago, EddieD said:

Good to hear it is not as serious as it sounded and boy likely back sooner rather than later. 

With 91mins gone is it likely to be replayed? Perranporth down to 10 men due to foul and abusive to ref, in truro box 2 or 3 times in second half? Added time was only played due to looking for a Perranporth players contact lens!!! If the league sanction that I say there is another dynamic to the managers tactical approach. Close game, go down and we'll get replay.  Doors open for debate and abuse if league fold over on that one! My opinion only. 

So are Perranporth suggesting it should be replayed or are they of a similar opinion to yourself that score at the time become the result?

Falmouth Town 3-4 Redruth United, Redruth followed onto their win against Perranporth with a massive victory over Falmouth. It looked as if it was going to be a long afternoon for the reds after they went 2-0 down very early on, but they stuck at it and managed to get one back thanks to a great header from Dan Bowman.  The game was end to end and out of no where Falmouth's striker completed a first half hatrick, Redruth got one back just before half time after a well converted penalty from Andy Bishop. HT 3-2. Redruth came out all guns blazing after the break and were soon rewarded after a brilliant pass from Louis Matthews found Bishop to slot his second in the bottom corner. The game was very open and could've gone either way but Redruth finally took the lead after an absolute masterclass from Dan Bowman, Cryuff turn to take 2 defenders out the game and a fake shot to sit the keeper down (video attached below). Redruth saw out the last half an hour very well to get the deserved win and huge 3 points. MOTM George Haynes who was superb from start to finish in the middle, didn't stop running and battling. FT 3-4.