DIVISION 2

Constantine Reserves        3-6           Storm FC

Goonhavern Athletic Res   5-5         Chacewater

Lizard Argyle Reserves       2-3          Tregony FC

Probus Reserves                 1-4         St Buryan

Stithians Reserves              0-4          New Inn Titans FC Reserves

Threemilestone Reserves   2-3         St Ives Town FC Reserves

Constantine reserves 3 - 6 Storm FC

Finally after 40+ games losing the streak is broken, after going 2 nil down I couldn't be prouder of the boys today showed real fight and deserved everything they got. 

Conner Clark x 3

Ethan Smith x 1

James Porter x Penalty

Michal Wojtas x 1

Goonhavern at home next week, should be a good game 

1 hour ago, trh84 said:

Constantine reserves 3 - 6 Storm FC

Finally after 40+ games losing the streak is broken, after going 2 nil down I couldn't be prouder of the boys today showed real fight and deserved everything they got. 

Conner Clark x 3

Ethan Smith x 1

James Porter x Penalty

Michal Wojtas x 1

Goonhavern at home next week, should be a good game 

New signing Conner Clark banging in a debut hattrick. 

Well done guys 

Trelawny Premier

Threemilestone 2, Holman sc 0. 

Good game to watch, fairly even 1st half, Holman's had slightly more chances but mostly from long range that either went wide or straight at Tms goalie Jason Hodges who had a good game. Right on the stroke of half time Holmans had a corner that was cleared to the edge of the area, a shot came back in but was cleared off the line by Tam Wilcock, who was still on guard at the front post. 

Threemilestone best chances of the 1st half were a header from Joel Snape over the bar from wilcock's cross and a shot from Shackley that he fired across goal but wide. 

2nd half Threemilestone started well and deservedly took the lead about mid way through when Joe Carlyon scored a cracking goal, twisting and turning around a couple of holman's players before firing past the keeper from the left side of the penalty area. Holman's then pushed a few extra players forward looking for the equaliser but Tms defended well. Their best chances were a Kyle Marks free kick that Hodges tipped over and a goal mouth scramble that some players appealed that the ball was over the line, I couldn't tell from where i was but to me it looked like it was the couple of players that were in the goal which made the net ripple. With 5 minutes remaining the ref gave Tms a soft penalty which Joe Carlyon converted which led to a Holman's player being sent off for something he said to the ref. Ref made a few odd decisions throughout the game but I think Tms were deserved winners. My M.o.m. Joe Carlyon who had an excellent game besides the two goals. 👍

Only 15 watching which was poor considering it was the best two teams in the league. 

Sounded like a right ole ding dong on the other pitch where I think Tms reserves lost 3-2 to St Ives town? Scoring looked like 2-0 to St Ives then tms bringing it back to 2-2, and then St Ives scoring the winner. 

Praze 3-1 perranwell

The blues very salty about the loss, didn’t even bother coming back to the pub after, with food being wasted! Naughty

Revenge from the cup final, Praze dominated for 75 mins of the game, with perranwell having very few chances apart from the goal, (deflected and over the keepers head) 

Praze goal scorers were Jamie Hayton, Adam Rosevear and George Hardwick.

Up the canaries 🔰

On 25/01/2020 at 18:49, 1ofthekids said:

Cheers John glad you and CTB cleared that one up for me 👍🏻

Would the league officer responsible (is it you, Dave?) like to clarify the reason for the postponement of the Penzance v Frogpool match, or would it be inappropriate to reveal details of such national importance in this flaky medium ? Mm, thought so !

The classic Penzance syndrome. Apparently only one second team player was missing, turning out for their firsts, but Frogpool might have been decent opposition and they didn't fancy it. Course there is no explanation. There never is, but I am sure Mr Mead could find a clause in an obscure FA rule book to justify the cancellation. It's like what insurance companies call an Act of God. 

I quite understand why he hasn't. We St Justers are all much too thick to understand anyway. 

Obviously after the last ****-up Mr Mead is not giving CTB permission to speak. They're like Aleksandr and Sergei ! In the old days in the Combo, Aleksandr could always count on his mates on the league committee. In return, Porthleven got the bar receipts from the Cup Final every year. As for an appeal to the CCFA, forget it, he's well-connected there too. I believe he is also responsible for some ground grading. Don't go crossing him or you'll find yourself in Junior Division 6 because you shovel badger dung off the pitch into the wrong shaped bucket.

Let's just ask the sponsor if we can change the name of the Trelawney League to the Penzance Reserves Serie A.

Nobody cares ? Fine...vote carried ! I'll call it that in future.

Isaac, with all due respect, the goings on over the past week have nothing to do with John - he's had no involvement at all and was probably unaware of the situation until it was first mentioned on here last week. Whilst it's clear to see the animosity towards John, I think it a bit disappointing that you've used this opportunity to have a swipe at him.

I can't say too much about this situation as it is under appeal - however I will say that confusion has played it's part.

Once the appeal has been heard and dealt with, the facts will become public I'm sure.

This is a matter between the two clubs, the League Fixtures Secretary and to a degree, Cornwall FA. I don't know all the details and wouldn't make them public at this time even if I did as it would be unprofessional.

2 hours ago, Dave Bartlam said:

Isaac, with all due respect, the goings on over the past week have nothing to do with John - he's had no involvement at all and was probably unaware of the situation until it was first mentioned on here last week. Whilst it's clear to see the animosity towards John, I think it a bit disappointing that you've used this opportunity to have a swipe at him.

I can't say too much about this situation as it is under appeal - however I will say that confusion has played it's part.

Once the appeal has been heard and dealt with, the facts will become public I'm sure.

This is a matter between the two clubs, the League Fixtures Secretary and to a degree, Cornwall FA. I don't know all the details and wouldn't make them public at this time even if I did as it would be unprofessional.

Thanks Dave. My conscious is clear and I've no desire to get involved in the internal affairs of Penzance, the Trelawny League or even St Just! "It's nuffin to do wiv me guv!"