Cornwall Football Forum

Ray Jennings (aka Rayvon) RIP

Dave Deacon

Truly sad news coming in this morning that one of the forum’s regular contributors Rayvon, real name Ray Jennings, sadly passed away at Treliske this morning.

I wasn’t aware but apparently this comes after a long illness.

Ray was a long time supporter of Truro City as well as at times a committed and dedicated official and helper at the club.

Ray will be greatly missed for both following Truro City as well as for his banter, quick humour and active support on this forum.

Sincere condolences to his family and close friends.
RIP Ray

1 hour ago, Darin Morse said:

Condolences from Foxhole AFC

Absolutely gutted by this sad news .Used to work with Ray ,and always had daily banter with him about truro city and his beloved sheffield Wednesday .He was Truro City through and through from when he was a young lad through the good times and the bad .A real stalwart for the club carrying out many duties . Ray my friend ,you never got to see your team at the stadium for cornwall but at least you saw them win a Wembley final ,something the rest of us can only dream of.

R.I.P Mate

NIGE

Totally  shocked-Me and Ray had a great rivalry with Truro and Falmouth but always had respect for each other- A very sad day for West Cornwall football to a most genuine  and passionate football follower -RIP RAY  the forum will never be the same without your banter---- I will be thinking of you at 3pm tomorrow.

Just like to echo the lads comments already, Ray was a City man through and through and I’ll miss his banter about a Truro lad going over to the other side and being a Town man. He never let me forget it! Great bloke who always used to do our Doctors v Porters disco in the clubhouse after the match. Cracking music it was too from DJ Ray! We raised thousands for charity over the years and all Ray ever asked for was a few pints and first crack at the buffet. Great servant to City and glad he got to see the glory days from Treyew Road to Wembley. Condolences to all Rays family and friends. 

Good afternoon to you all, some of you will know me but a lot won’t, I am Brendan and Ray “Rayvon” Jennings was my father. I have sat with my iPad in front of me trying to work out what to say but I am still struggling as the tears have steadily flowed at such kind messages. All I can really do and say is thank you to you all for such kind comments regarding my father. He was certainly a Truro fan through and had many qualities unfortunately missing from today society and he will be truly missed. Once again thank you all, and I wish you all the best for the future 

regards 

Brendan

Up the City! Up the Owls

Well said Brendon.

Unfortunately passing on comes to us all, I have lost many family members and very good friends over  my 68 years.

I never met your dad but had good banter with him on here, I will remember that with fondness in his memory. 

For you, remember the good times and the laughs with your dad and he will always be there. 

Chin up and a good life of memories for you and his family. 

2 hours ago, Daddybren said:

Good afternoon to you all, some of you will know me but a lot won’t, I am Brendan and Ray “Rayvon” Jennings was my father. I have sat with my iPad in front of me trying to work out what to say but I am still struggling as the tears have steadily flowed at such kind messages. All I can really do and say is thank you to you all for such kind comments regarding my father. He was certainly a Truro fan through and had many qualities unfortunately missing from today society and he will be truly missed. Once again thank you all, and I wish you all the best for the future 

regards 

Brendan

Up the City! Up the Owls

Thoughts are with you Brendan. Never met your father but his banter & wit on here will be sorely missed.

One of the forums best & most popular characters .. he will be sorely missed. 

• 1 month later...