Cornwall Football Forum

Perranwell 1, Penryn Res 4

Senior Cup Round 1.

I missed the first 25 mins because I guessed wrongly that it would be a 2.30 KO to allow for extra time. No information I could find on here or elsewhere on t'internet. Apparently it was in the Packet and West Briton but who buys them any more for sports news? I don't.

Penryn already led 0 - 1 by the time I arrived - a rapsey goal. Don't know when.

2nd half: 0 - 2 (54) Leivers; 0 - 3, a lovely low drive across the 'keeper into the far bottom corner; (64) Rapsey - the player who passed to him looked a yard offside from my position almost level with the incident but there you are. Then 1 - 3 (81) Rose - well deserved and a copy of Leivers' goal; then a pen that probably wouldn't have been given before this new ruling was introduced. A Perranwell defender fell and as he fell the ball hit his hands that were out to break his fall, Ref had no choice but to award the spot-kick converted by Rapsey on 86. The game ended a bit bad-tempered.

Having seen Falmouth and Illogan in this league last week I can't see Perranwell staying at the bottom of the table for long: even with all their injury problems and with some reserves making up today's side they weren't a bad side. Penryn were apparently graced with a few Carharrack players today as they were available because Carharrack couldn't raise a side to travel up to Bude.

Tea £1 as usual, nice brew. Good crowd, about £100 raised via the bucket apparently.

NB the Ref originally appointed for this game was from Plymouth! WHO would arrange something as daft (and expensive) as that?! Fortunately common sense prevailed (a rare enough commodity these days) and the appointment was changed. But Come ON!

1 hour ago, Tom Trust said:

Senior Cup Round 1.

I missed the first 25 mins because I guessed wrongly that it would be a 2.30 KO to allow for extra time. No information I could find on here or elsewhere on t'internet. Apparently it was in the Packet and West Briton but who buys them any more for sports news? I don't.

Penryn already led 0 - 1 by the time I arrived - a rapsey goal. Don't know when.

2nd half: 0 - 2 (54) Leivers; 0 - 3, a lovely low drive across the 'keeper into the far bottom corner; (64) Rapsey - the player who passed to him looked a yard offside from my position almost level with the incident but there you are. Then 1 - 3 (81) Rose - well deserved and a copy of Leivers' goal; then a pen that probably wouldn't have been given before this new ruling was introduced. A Perranwell defender fell and as he fell the ball hit his hands that were out to break his fall, Ref had no choice but to award the spot-kick converted by Rapsey on 86. The game ended a bit bad-tempered.

Having seen Falmouth and Illogan in this league last week I can't see Perranwell staying at the bottom of the table for long: even with all their injury problems and with some reserves making up today's side they weren't a bad side. Penryn were apparently graced with a few Carharrack players today as they were available because Carharrack couldn't raise a side to travel up to Bude.

Tea £1 as usual, nice brew. Good crowd, about £100 raised via the bucket apparently.

NB the Ref originally appointed for this game was from Plymouth! WHO would arrange something as daft (and expensive) as that?! Fortunately common sense prevailed (a rare enough commodity these days) and the appointment was changed. But Come ON!

And when you say ‘a few carharrack players’ I feel that you mean one, Glen Patterson.  Well observed as per usual Tom! 

1 hour ago, Tom Trust said:

Senior Cup Round 1.

Wish Rappo was offside Tom, but those boys up front for Penryn are bloody quick (too quick for me!) and unless I’m in line and can see it’s offside I won’t guess it because it suits us. Never known a season like it for injuries, another 3 today, unless we can sign some new players, I genuinely think we might struggle to field a side over the next couple of weeks. Think that now brings the tally to 14 first team players including the keeper! Reserve players did a great job for the team today. Pleasure to watch some of Penryn’s football, for all the stick he gets on here Harry’s done a great job with those lads, good luck to them in the next round.

CORNWALL SENIOR CUP 1ST ROUND

PERRANWELL  (0)  1       Matt Rose  80’

PENRYN  (1)  4       Jack Rapsey 18’  63’  84’(P)    Bradley Leivers  54’

ATT: 53

REF:  Mr Darren Winkworth  9/10 very good

MOM: Bradley Leivers (Penryn)

a

These teams met two weeks ago in the new St.Piran league when the visitors came away with a 4-0 victory that didn’t tell the true story of how well the hosts battled and the same could be said again today with Perran again with a few players out they battled hard and against a lesser team as clinical as Penryn might have come away with something. In the 22c heat the players put on a decent paced game, a credit to their fitness, and it was the hosts that had the ball in the net after 8 minutes but the impressive last minute replacement ref Darren Winkworth in for the original whistler Steve Nute did a good job I thought, taking time to think about decisions and trying to explain his decisions to any player in disagreement. This one was a foul on the keeper in a crowded area. The opening 15 minutes saw both teams force 3 corners each and from one of these loyal Perranwell stalwart and top bloke Phil Rees headed against the top of the crossbar. The deadlock was broken 3 minutes later when the ball looped up into the air on the edge of the area and almost out of nothing Jack Rapsey watched the dropping ball onto his foot and volleyed it into the bottom corner with stand in home keeper Dave Angell getting fingers to it but couldn’t keep it out of the corner of the net. 5 minutes later Harry Roberts cushioned a ball into Rapsey’s path but this time his strike cleared the bar. Roberts then had a powerful shot deflected wide by the head of Rees ten minutes before the break and straight after the restart Matt Rose shot from the edge of the area was well held by visiting keeper Ben Mitchell. On 52 minutes a Rapsey cross was shot just wide of the post by Reggie May. 2 minutes later great work by Ryan Reeve down the left saw him tee up Bradley Leivers and he struck a great shot across Angell and into the bottom corner to double the lead. It was almost a carbon copy of his goal in the league here 2 weeks ago, same spot, same distance, great low strike, uncanny almost! On the hour, Penryn manager Harry Pope had the luxury of taking off skipper Russell May and putting on Nick Boase an equally talented defender who started on the bench with players like Jake Shaw also on the bench and Tyler Cooke and Luke Osborne out injured. Whatever 11 Penryn put out seems to play great football and on 63 minutes saw good build up play result in Angell dropping an awkwardly spinning ball into the path of Leivers but he half volleyed over from 6 yards with his right foot after producing a delightful nutmeg a couple of minutes before that which made you feel sorry for the defender. On 64 minutes Reeves pace caused all sorts of problems yet again and he drew Angell before slipping a ball to the far post where Rapsey got in front of two defenders to side foot home from 6 yards. More great work from the hard working Reeve down the left resulted in Roberts shooting straight at the keeper from 15 yards then Mitchell was called into action to make a smart save from a rare Perran breakaway. A good stop considering his under employment during the previous 20 minutes. Ten minutes from time the battling Well scored a deserved consolation when Matt Rose turned the clock back to hit a powerful right side of the box strike across Mitchell and into the far corner. Top dipping finish from Rosey. Reeve once more got to a lost cause first with his pace and his lob over Angell from the angle of the penalty area unluckily just cleared the crossbar. Ed Rowe and Glenn Patterson were in good form at the back with summer signing Kegan McPhilbin impressive in midfield alongside birthday boy Billy Williams and after a move involving the former a handball was given by the ref, unlucky on the player who blocked I would say but not too much choice for the referee under today’s laws. Despite Angell diving the right way Rapsey’s penalty was too far in the corner to reach and the young 20 year old striker completed his hat-trick from the spot. Made that his 36th pen and he’s only ever had one saved so he’s a bit of a Le Tissier from 12 yards! Good to see Kempy and Gary Howells watching their old club play on a beautiful sunny day. Jamo and Lloydy also stopped for a natter 1st half good to see those guys again. As Andy said great job done by Popey putting this team together, always a pleasure to watch them knock it around the pitch, as for Perran, I’m sure once Fish and Reesy can select their best 11 they’ll be flying up the league table again. My last task of the day resulted in getting an interview with Reesy who kindly obliged before his well earned shower, now there’s a player with commitment and loyalty in abundance!! Tune in to Rappo and Deacs Friday Fix Podcast to have a listen next week!! Top bloke and player. Popped in Treyew Road on my way to the County Arms and saw the last 20 minutes of Truro v Gosport, horrible dirty niggly old game but great to see City win it in the 98th minute!!! Long old trip home after that kick in the goolies!! 😂 Sadly back to work all night now, 8 straight wins for the Ryn and counting!!! Good days footy that was 👍

2 hours ago, InBrendanWeTrust said:

And when you say ‘a few carharrack players’ I feel that you mean one, Glen Patterson.  Well observed as per usual Tom! 

That's a bit weird isn't it! Carharrack fail to play their game up at Bude because couldn't raise a team and then am I right in thinking from above that one of their players appeared for Penryn.

Not cup tied because obviously hasn't played for anyone else in the competition, but did any paperwork have to be completed to ok it? I ask because it's a new one on me!

13 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

That's a bit weird isn't it! Carharrack fail to play their game up at Bude because couldn't raise a team and then am I right in thinking from above that one of their players appeared for Penryn.

Not cup tied because obviously hasn't played for anyone else in the competition, but did any paperwork have to be completed to ok it? I ask because it's a new one on me!

It just shows that a Carharrack team does think like last season they can cancel games when they like ! Utter joke of a club to be honest as probably a lame excuse again like my battery car can’t travel over 50 miles .. 

19 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Joke of a club tbh

You move from one team team to another so not really worried at all , like I said Carharrack will be there next season but you probably won’t be as you were committed to Threemilestone last season 🤔

5 minutes ago, Glen Patterson said:

Don't cry bud. I'd be more worried about being bottom of the league than moaning about a club in the league below. 

We won’t be bottom I’m sure but at least we can fulfill our fixtures so you may need to take a leaf out of our book ...

6 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

You move from one team team to another so not really worried at all , like I said Carharrack will be there next season but you probably won’t be as you were committed to Threemilestone last season 🤔

We won’t be bottom I’m sure but at least we can fulfill our fixtures so you may need to take a leaf out of our book ...

Dry your eyes buddy. 

Dont bite dont bite dont bite TOO LATE 

carharrack tried to get their ko time moved back from 2pm to 3pm, but bude couldn't moved the kick off time back. A fair few (not sure exactly how many) of carharracks players were working saturday morning...and to make it to bude for a 2pm kick off just wouldn't be possible. They had 14 players available for the game, but only 7/8 that could make it for kick off.

With carharracks games subsequently being cancelled, and our squad battered with injuries, I asked Glen if he wanted to come help us out and he said yes. 

Glens not registered an appearance for any club in the senior cup this season, and is signed for us. So cant see there being a problem on that one. If weve broken a rule then good luck to the well in the next round 😂

Cheers for your comment Andys, much appreciated. I know all too well about injury hit squads and it doesn't make life easy, good luck to the well for the rest of the season!!

Love the match report rappo, juniors on fire 🔥🔥🔥

🔴

17 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

21 minutes ago, Glen Patterson said:

Don't cry bud. I'd be more worried about being bottom of the league than moaning about a club in the league below. 

11 minutes ago, Harry Pope said:

carharrack tried to get their ko time moved back from 2pm to 3pm, but bude couldn't moved the kick off time back. A fair few (not sure exactly how many) of carharracks players were working saturday morning...and to make it to bude for a 2pm kick off just wouldn't be possible. They had 14 players available for the game, but only 7/8 that could make it for kick off.

With carharracks games subsequently being cancelled, and our squad battered with injuries, I asked Glen if he wanted to come help us out and he said yes. 

Glens not registered an appearance for any club in the senior cup this season, and is signed for us. So cant see there being a problem on that one. If weve broken a rule then good luck to the well in the next round 😂

Cheers for your comment Andys, much appreciated. I know all too well about injury hit squads and it doesn't make life easy, good luck to the well for the rest of the season!!

🔴

The fixture was made weeks ago so why wait until the day to cancel ... I’m sure if Penryn were given that fixture you wouldn’t wait to see who could make it and then cancel on the day ! 

I made the short trip down from London today to watch this game. A well deserved win for penryn, they were by far the superior side. Perranwell never gave up but the lack of quality was clear to see.  

Anyway enough of that, I’ve watched my fair share of local football over the years but I must say that the perranwell manager, fisher I believe he’s called? is the most embarrassing bloke I’ve ever seen at a local game. Non stop abuse for 90 minutes and clearly no footballing knowledge, why anyone would want to play for him I do not know. He’s the only bloke I know who’s glasses have VAR installed into them because he somehow saw every offside despite never being in line with it! Despite all that, it was a lovely afternoon of football with the sun shining for 90 minutes, happy days. 

12 hours ago, Ronaldo said:

Not sure why I need to explain myself to you, but just so you sleep easy tonight, I will. Basically we saw this as a problem a while back & contacted the CCFA. They were happy to move the game to 3pm as long as Bude agreed, Bude declined. Within the last few days we have been back & forth with the CCFA & Bude but they wouldn't budge, saying that their players had work on Saturday evening so wouldn't be able to kick off at 3pm, like they do every other Saturday. Carharrack to Bude is 90 mins on a Sat Nav, now considering Bude is a busy summer, seaside town with 1 horrible road into it, along with the forecast of a heatwave today & the fact the a30 & wadebridge road are madness at midday on a saturday I would say you're looking at an extra 30mins minimum, probably more added to the journey. In order for Us to get there just 30mins before ko we would need to leave 11-11:30 at the latest. I have 7 players, including 3 of our 4 drivers who either had to work in the morning or had their kids in the morning so couldn't leave before 12:30. The last thing we wanted to do was call the gane off but we don't have a reserve team to take players from so we had no option.

14 minutes ago, Glen Patterson said:

Not sure why I need to explain myself to you, but just so you sleep easy tonight, I will. Basically we saw this as a problem a while back & contacted the CCFA. They were happy to move the gameto 3pm as long as Bude agreed. Bude declined. Within the last few days we have been back & forth with the CCFA & Bude but they wouldn't budge, saying that their players had work on Saturday evening so wouldn't be able to kick off 3pm like they do every other Saturday. Carharrack to Bude is 90 mins on a Sat Nav, now considering Bude is a busy summer seaside town with 1 horrible road into it, along with the forecast a heatwave today & the fact the a30 & wadebridge road are madness at midday on a saturday I would say you're looking at an extra 30mins minimum, possible more added to the journey. In order for Us to get there just 30mins before ko we would need to leave 11-11:30 at the latest. I have 7 players, including 3 of our 4 drivers who either had to work in the morning or had their kids in the morning so couldn't leave before 12:30. The last thing we wanted to do was call the gane off but we don't have a reserve team to take players from so we had no option.

I can see your problem , but that’s the way it’s going with players unavailable for what ever reason ... But you did ok today !

19 hours ago, Harry Pope said:

🔴

Thanks Popey, great to see him loving football again! Who wouldn’t playing in that team! Great job mate!! Pleasure to watch!  👏🏼   Don’t think he would have dreamt of coming back and scoring 23 goals in 15 games when he didn’t kick a ball for 10 months last season!! Great seeing him in that number 10 Penryn shirt 👍

1 hour ago, Glen Patterson said:

Not sure why I need to explain myself to you, but just so you sleep easy tonight, I will. Basically we saw this as a problem a while back & contacted the CCFA. They were happy to move the gameto 3pm as long as Bude agreed. Bude declined. Within the last few days we have been back & forth with the CCFA & Bude but they wouldn't budge, saying that their players had work on Saturday evening so wouldn't be able to kick off 3pm like they do every other Saturday. Carharrack to Bude is 90 mins on a Sat Nav, now considering Bude is a busy summer seaside town with 1 horrible road into it, along with the forecast a heatwave today & the fact the a30 & wadebridge road are madness at midday on a saturday I would say you're looking at an extra 30mins minimum, possible more added to the journey. In order for Us to get there just 30mins before ko we would need to leave 11-11:30 at the latest. I have 7 players, including 3 of our 4 drivers who either had to work in the morning or had their kids in the morning so couldn't leave before 12:30. The last thing we wanted to do was call the gane off but we don't have a reserve team to take players from so we had no option.

Glen I get it but do you not think if as a club if you made the effort to travel but might not have made it on time their would have been an option for Bude to ‘hang on’ and the 2:30ko delayed if you rung them enroute.....I’m pretty sure as a player when I had arrived at the ground got changed and was out warming up to be told a team would be 15min late I wouldn’t have chucked the cabbage patch kids about and stormed off 🤷‍♂️

9 hours ago, Pitty said:

Glen I get it but do you not think if as a club if you made the effort to travel but might not have made it on time their would have been an option for Bude to ‘hang on’ and the 2:30ko delayed if you rung them enroute.....I’m pretty sure as a player when I had arrived at the ground got changed and was out warming up to be told a team would be 15min late I wouldn’t have chucked the cabbage patch kids about and stormed off 🤷‍♂️

We enquired about that but were told the game would kick off at 2pm or not at all. 

16 hours ago, Carharrack Loyal said:

Have you even built dugouts on your primary school pitch yet? Lol

We as a club do have things in place to put this through the parish council to get them built , but it does take time to implement these decisions.Im sure when we do get permission we will have enough persons to actually sit inside them 😉 unlike some other teams who find it hard to fulfill fixtures on a regular basis .

On ‎14‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 20:17, Titus Bramble said:

What’s weird about it? Carharrack presumably has less than the 7 players required to fulfil the fixture so rightly it’s called off.

One of those who were available then goes and helps out a friend of his in another league. No harm, no foul!

some one who can see common sense