Cornwall Football Forum

Everyone is entitled to their own views

I have watched in Great interest for the last few weeks the posts by Teflon.. I truly understand that a forum is for the posts of contributors opinions, thoughts and supposed suppositions.. 

If believed, we in the southwest are pumping extraordinary money in to local football. In truth the only clubs with any money are Parkway and Helston.. 

Sir,

your rumours and shit stirring are laughable.. May your medication please kick in soon and bring you back to reality.. 

Yours truly in football.. 

Hypothetically, do you not feel that comments in here are part of the problem with local football? 

Hear me out. 

So, for example - a player reads on here, a club manager, chairman etc reads on here that XYZ club is offering ABC player £ which, more often than not, is an over inflated amount, as let’s me honest, most of what is written on here is drastically incorrect. Yet because it’s written, it’s take. As gospel, therefore at their club, to compete, their budget is increased, bang average players feel they have a right to ask for more - as - to be fair similar to Sanchez at Man Utd - if he’s worth that, then what am I worth. 

Result is wages are increased, budgets increased and in truth it’s all down to Gossip. 

Teflon, on the Parkway / Western League thread, you basically stopped replying when I called you out on your bullshit. 

My understanding is that a forum is to discuss what’s going on, not to share made up facts? 

Why do people get so upset over a local football forum ?  It a platform to relay information, no different to social media or even the newspapers when they talk about what a premiership player earns. 

Devon 21 your really looking too deep into it. I’m pretty sure parkway don’t sit down to  negotiate with any players based  on the information read on  here by Nigel from tintagel who knows his mate earns £300 quid a game and  gets free Indian every Saturday 

3 hours ago, Devon29 said:

Hypothetically, do you not feel that comments in here are part of the problem with local football? 

Hear me out. 

So, for example - a player reads on here, a club manager, chairman etc reads on here that XYZ club is offering ABC player £ which, more often than not, is an over inflated amount, as let’s me honest, most of what is written on here is drastically incorrect. Yet because it’s written, it’s take. As gospel, therefore at their club, to compete, their budget is increased, bang average players feel they have a right to ask for more - as - to be fair similar to Sanchez at Man Utd - if he’s worth that, then what am I worth. 

Result is wages are increased, budgets increased and in truth it’s all down to Gossip. 

Teflon, on the Parkway / Western League thread, you basically stopped replying when I called you out on your bullshit. 

My understanding is that a forum is to discuss what’s going on, not to share made up facts? 

It’s local football. Your getting a little bit carried away with the seriousness of all this, clubs will pay out what they want. For years clubs have paid out stupid money for average players (Helston supposedly have given 2 players 4.5k to sign on), You think Steve Massey has done that because what he has read on a football forum.

As I’ve said in recent quotes, this is a forum, people say things true or un-true but can because it’s a forum, i comment on what I hear from people within the game, if I was that good at making up incredibly rubbish stories reference football I’d be a journalist and work for The Sun.

23 minutes ago, teflon123 said:

It’s local football. Your getting a little bit carried away with the seriousness of all this, clubs will pay out what they want. For years clubs have paid out stupid money for average players (Helston supposedly have given 2 players 4.5k to sign on), You think Steve Massey has done that because what he has read on a football forum.

As I’ve said in recent quotes, this is a forum, people say things true or un-true but can because it’s a forum, i comment on what I hear from people within the game, if I was that good at making up incredibly rubbish stories reference football I’d be a journalist and work for The Sun.

Zzzzzzz !!!

3 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

Why do people get so upset over a local football forum ?  It a platform to relay information, no different to social media or even the newspapers when they talk about what a premiership player earns. 

Devon 21 your really looking too deep into it. I’m pretty sure parkway don’t sit down to  negotiate with any players based  on the information read on  here by Nigel from tintagel who knows his mate earns £300 quid a game and  gets free Indian every Saturday 

The free Indian on a Saturday would sway it for me. 

19 hours ago, teflon123 said:

I should go a bit careful teflon if I was you, as your statement that  you can say things true or untrue because its a forum, is so wide of the mark, its ridiculous.

You on the forum are subject to the same civil law of libel as anyone else, forum or not. What is even worse is the the burden of proof for libel is less than the criminal law, it is 'on the balance of probabilities'  not 'beyond reasonable doubt'.  So as you say, you sometimes repeat comments you hear from people  in the game. Unfortunately that is no excuse to libel, should there be any. You also seem to know all the financial matters from Penzance to Plymouth plus everything else, so you get around. Someone might think that on the balance of probabilities, which only has to be 51%, that you are making some of it up. You cannot tell 'porkies' about individuals without risking libel and the web site operators would not be able to keep your details secret. By all mean views, comments, ideas, criticism , but naming people or organisations you are on a tightrope.

You can tell it's the close season, this time last year we were discussing pasties this year it's curry. I had phall for tea last night, got up this morning and listened to some Johnny Cash, thought Ring of Fire was very appropriate followed by a Boy named Poo. 

• 3 weeks later...