Cornwall Football Forum

Bodmin dismantled by Tavistock

On 22/09/2018 at 20:36, Dave Deacon said:

Let’s take it a bit careful everyone. It’s all very well having a go face to face out on the pitch but I’m not happy also having it on here.

As far as you know Gilby has never come on here and been disrespectful to anyone.

Can I suggest that sort of thing be done when you meet each other and don’t use the forum!

Would love any of you keyboard warriors to go and say all this to Gilbey, blatant bullying out of jealousy.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, JonColenzo said:

Would love any of you keyboard warriors to go and say all this to Gilbey, blatant bullying out of jealousy.

Gilby is well aware of my opinions, however his response to them was some distance from polite, but he didn’t hit me, just laughed. I must admit though that his general demeanour discouraged me from prolonging the discussion! Mind you this was several years ago and his behaviour and language have yet to improve so my opinion has clearly had little impact.

By the way, your St. Cleer shield is one of the most attractive I’ve seen.

4 hours ago, JonColenzo said:

Would not bother me to stand in front of anyone and repeat what I posted. 

Can't say I've ever come across the fella as such, but from what I read on here I would have expected his mates to have had a bit of a word by now.

I know mine would have, assuming he's as bad as they say.

6 minutes ago, Sticker Forever said:

Just heard in passing that Bodmin captain Olly Brokenshire is on his way to St.Austell!? Must admit I thought that transfer would have happened in the summer but seems to be happening now instead? 

If true, not surprising. Thought he well 2 even start the season at Bodmin. Pity thou. Best player by miles

19 minutes ago, Sticker Forever said:

Just heard in passing that Bodmin captain Olly Brokenshire is on his way to St.Austell!? Must admit I thought that transfer would have happened in the summer but seems to be happening now instead? 

Too easy for players to jump ship when the chips are down... moved to Bodmin when they were doing well, now St Austell are doing better, hes going back (im sure there might be other reasons such as Slates is back at St Austell etc)

2 hours ago, SCFC said:

Too easy for players to jump ship when the chips are down... moved to Bodmin when they were doing well, now St Austell are doing better, hes going back (im sure there might be other reasons such as Slates is back at St Austell etc)

Or maybe he's leaving to make room for the big signings that Leeds mentioned preseason ?

3 hours ago, Sticker Forever said:

I'm sure Leeds won't! Big loss, talented playmaker. I'm not one to talk up rumours for the sake of it but this came from a very reliable source so I would presume it's 95% certain you'll see Brokes in a Saints shirt soon? Maybe not next week as they're playing each other! ?

If this is true then next Saturday will be an indication as if he plays for Bodmin in the senior cup then he’s cup tied for st Austell , guess we need to watch this space

1 hour ago, Westcountry boy said:

As good as it gets.... 

A lot of talented forwards competing for two forward spots at Tavistock. Liam Prynn, Josh Grant and Jack Crago all have the ability to play higher than the Peninsula League. Surprised that Glyn Hobbs has been the one squeezed out, he is definitely needed at Bodmin though.

Both bullies, played against them many times put them together even worse. Both of them know 90 per cent of opponents don't really want to get involved with them as neither of them will think twice about throwing in a leg breaking challenge as I found to my cost a few years ago. 

11 hours ago, paul pearce said:

These aren't the big news surely Leeds

Glynn Hobbs is big news he's bloody enormous ?

1 hour ago, Elephant said:

Maybe both players didn't fancy the step up as ref's and players won't be as lenient towards them? Would be a strange move for Krac as he was made captain for the season

I totally agree there r lots of very hard and aggressive players in the league that u come up against but there r only a very small minority who actually want to hurt u

2 hours ago, Elephant said:

Maybe both players didn't fancy the step up as ref's and players won't be as lenient towards them? Would be a strange move for Krac as he was made captain for the season

Prejudging Shane Krac a bit,  there has been nothing official about him wanting to move on from Parkway.  Even then, saying players "didn't fancy" the step up is a bit strong (especially as he has proven himself at higher levels with Tiverton, Weymouth and Truro),but there is no denying the extra travelling is a big commitment. We are talking about part time players for whom job and family have to come first. Two examples,Parkway have a long trip to Bitton this evening in the league cup, probably a 3pm departure from Plymouth, and 1am return (without the possible extra time and penalties), and then Westbury away on Saturday which will be an all day round trip.

It was always inevitable that one or two players would fall away from Parkway as the season got going, but I am sure that the chairman and management would have factored this into their thinking and planned accordingly.

1 hour ago, Way Of The Park said:

Prejudging Shane Krac a bit,  there has been nothing official about him wanting to move on from Parkway.  Even then, saying players "didn't fancy" the step up is a bit strong (especially as he has proven himself at higher levels with Tiverton, Weymouth and Truro),but there is no denying the extra travelling is a big commitment. We are talking about part time players for whom job and family have to come first. Two examples,Parkway have a long trip to Bitton this evening in the league cup, probably a 3pm departure from Plymouth, and 1am return (without the possible extra time and penalties), and then Westbury away on Saturday which will be an all day round trip.

It was always inevitable that one or two players would fall away from Parkway as the season got going, but I am sure that the chairman and management would have factored this into their thinking and planned accordingly.

Just a point -Parkway are HOME this Saturday to Westbury.  An exciting encounter with the visitors having won seven out of seven league matches - a good game to take in.

4 hours ago, herbie777 said:

Both bullies, played against them many times put them together even worse. Both of them know 90 per cent of opponents don't really want to get involved with them as neither of them will think twice about throwing in a leg breaking challenge as I found to my cost a few years ago. 

Glynn Hobbs is big news he's bloody enormous ?

Without knowing Ur real name therefore not knowing the incident Ur talking about. I don't condone such bad challenges by anyone. Sorry u suffered that break!. This tread has moved on from tavistock game 2 another go at Bodmin and their players, big or small. I'm not a Bodmin fan but let's move on. Hasn't there been over 4000 looks on this post. Expect we will have another go at said team and players after tomorrow game. That is of course St. Austell win

1 hour ago, Way Of The Park said:

Fair point, I've probably put 2 and 2 together and got 6 

to be honest the two players i thought would drive parkway on in a higher league have been the two that have seem to left or in krac case not featured .

fair play to the young lads in the team who have stepped up for parkway , and Yetton who seems to have stepped into the team and been the main man