Bude Town        0-4       Newquay 

Camelford          3-1        Holsworthy 

Liskeard Athletic  3-3      AFC St Austell 

Penzance           1-2         Dobwalls 

St Dennis            0-5        Launceston 

Sticker             2-2         Mullion 

Truro City Reserves   2-1   Callington Town

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Saturday 30th September 2023

Shaun and Dane need to go back this bloke Simon Minett poor choice shows by todays performance and i was going to go there today but was told that Bodmin still had the dog ban on and now you got to pay for the car park i wont be attending any matches there . Bodmin need a good shake up i had it down for 6-0 to Wendron today so i was close ,Maybe Bodmin could get Dan Jennings back hes a local lad and he couldnt of been happy about being taken off by Liskeard today .

It was nice listening to the new Bodmin Chairman on the Deacs Rappo Podcast but people will not go and watch them if they are going to get hammered every week they should of gone and got Martin Hodge most people have never heard of Simon Minett i for 1 have not but football people know Martin Hodge time for a rebuild at Bodmin Such a fine team in  a shambles wouldnt be surprised to see them fold this season .

17 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

Shaun and Dane need to go back this bloke Simon Minett poor choice shows by todays performance and i was going to go there today but was told that Bodmin still had the dog ban on and now you got to pay for the car park i wont be attending any matches there . Bodmin need a good shake up i had it down for 6-0 to Wendron today so i was close ,Maybe Bodmin could get Dan Jennings back hes a local lad and he couldnt of been happy about being taken off by Liskeard today .

It was nice listening to the new Bodmin Chairman on the Deacs Rappo Podcast but people will not go and watch them if they are going to get hammered every week they should of gone and got Martin Hodge most people have never heard of Simon Minett i for 1 have not but football people know Martin Hodge time for a rebuild at Bodmin Such a fine team in  a shambles wouldnt be surprised to see them fold this season .

100%Clueless

100%Garbage

20 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

You didn’t go to the match so how can you comment????

As said above 100%garbage 

100% clueless 

100% yawn 

Harrison (my ground hopping Cockerpoo) and I went along to watch Bude v Newquay today. 
Bude dominant during a first half in which they consistently failed to make the right decision or show enough composure in the final third. Newquay took full advantage of this and hit Bude on the break, showing clinical expertise to go in 2 up at halftime. 
The second half started with Bude again in the front foot but again Newquay defended really well and took advantage when given opportunities. As the half went on, Newquay became the dominant team and ended the match 4 up. I’m not sure it was a 4-0 game but tbf to Newquay, they defended really well and took their chances when presented with them and ended the stronger of the two. 
The game was played in a good spirit and was reffed well enough. The only sour note was second yellow and subsequent red for Tornado as his frustrations got the better of him. 
One final note, after winning my first ever 50/50 at the last home game, I only went and won it again. Will we see a hat trick next time out 🤞🏻

23 minutes ago, justanopinion said:

People wont go and watch them if they cant even get a cup of bleady tea. The club is a shambles.

Was it not open today?

Good game to watch between Liskeard v St Austell today. Not much to choose between the two sides and I think in general post-match thought was that a draw was a fair result.

46 minutes ago, The Jam Tart said:

Harrison (my ground hopping Cockerpoo) and I went along to watch Bude v Newquay today. 
Bude dominant during a first half in which they consistently failed to make the right decision or show enough composure in the final third. Newquay took full advantage of this and hit Bude on the break, showing clinical expertise to go in 2 up at halftime. 
The second half started with Bude again in the front foot but again Newquay defended really well and took advantage when given opportunities. As the half went on, Newquay became the dominant team and ended the match 4 up. I’m not sure it was a 4-0 game but tbf to Newquay, they defended really well and took their chances when presented with them and ended the stronger of the two. 
The game was played in a good spirit and was reffed well enough. The only sour note was second yellow and subsequent red for Tornado as his frustrations got the better of him. 
One final note, after winning my first ever 50/50 at the last home game, I only went and won it again. Will we see a hat trick next time out 🤞🏻

Must have watched a different game. Bude completely lacklustre and lost as a team. 

Well played Newquay 👏 

10 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

Not sure I'd 100% agree with you Steve. Dane clearly didn't want to be at the Club any longer after stepping away earlier in the season, I believe you even commented on how he sounded during his interview with Dave. As Ray said on the podcast this week, he felt Simon ticked all of the boxes for the committee hence his appointment. Now, some will say that's unfair on Shaun which it could be. Shaun was handed a squad that needed rebalancing and I'm sure he could've done that if given the time but that wasn't the case. Each of the 3 managers have now taken heavy defeats in their time so I don't know how things could've been drastically different playing a side such as Wendron, who recently put 5 past St Austell. Let's face it, Jennings isn't going back. The Club is rebuilding and Liskeard are going for a title.

Shaun needed time but isn't there, so now Simon definitely needs the time and it seems like he'll be given it by the committee which will be a good thing.

Few things, Bodmin were nothing but welcoming yesterday definately no dog ban 3 in attendance with owners I presume, tea hut open and run by a young lad who couldn't do enough for you and the same with all the volunteers. The car parking is, what it is, a council decision I'm assuming Bodmin can't do anything about and you only have to pay till 4 so it's not the end of the world.

The game was being professionally filmed I'm assuming for there socials and there is generally an air of optimism that has, in my opinion been missing the last few times we visited, pulled pork burgers post match as well 😛 as for on the pitch Simon has had a week maybe two tops, and we were clinical, having said that if they had scored the penalty just before half time it could have been a very awkward afternoon but Ethan saved well and a 20 minute spell right after half time killed the game. Bodmin are on a journey now that we are probably 3 and a half years in to, their bench consisted of 4 really young lads who looked decent when they came on and Bodmin youth have a phenomenal 16's side who if the connections are made like mentioned in Deacs interview will see Bodmin in good stead in the future. So rather than dig them out wish them all the best, Rome wasn't built in a day, still a proper old fashioned loveable football ground and club and I for one and Wendron AFC wish them all the very best 🙂 except when we play them at home 😉

Some wise words there Scoffy! 

Bodmin have come unstuck over recent seasons trying to gain instant success. Namely bringing players in from other clubs, at presumably great expense, just to get a team out, with seemingly little regard for the long-term effect it has on existing players. (Think the Stu Bowker show a couple of years ago in a cup game at Wendron!)

As famously Wendron, and to a lesser extent Falmouth have done recently, the most sustainable way is to build a club and hence a team year on year. Both clubs have continuously improved every season.

Good luck to Bodmin and I hope the team, the fans and the committee show the required patience to see the project through. The chairman certainly seems to have some experience in football administration at a very high level so let's hope he  gets the backing to turn the club around.

12 hours ago, L.Gibbons said:

Not sure I'd 100% agree with you Steve. Dane clearly didn't want to be at the Club any longer after stepping away earlier in the season, I believe you even commented on how he sounded during his interview with Dave. As Ray said on the podcast this week, he felt Simon ticked all of the boxes for the committee hence his appointment. Now, some will say that's unfair on Shaun which it could be. Shaun was handed a squad that needed rebalancing and I'm sure he could've done that if given the time but that wasn't the case. Each of the 3 managers have now taken heavy defeats in their time so I don't know how things could've been drastically different playing a side such as Wendron, who recently put 5 past St Austell. Let's face it, Jennings isn't going back. The Club is rebuilding and Liskeard are going for a title.

Shaun needed time but isn't there, so now Simon definitely needs the time and it seems like he'll be given it by the committee which will be a good thing.

Heard the interview with the Bodmin chairman on the podcast, and was really impressed by what he said and his vision for the club. Takes years, hard work and patience to achieve this though, so to judge him and the new manager on one game is pretty petty. They played a very good Wendron side yesterday, who I guess would be a pretty good template for what all at Priory Park are trying to achieve. It has taken best part of 10 years to get to that point though. Somebody involved at Parkway told me years ago that the biggest change Mark Russell brought in when he took charge was encouraging a vision and having a plan of how to achieve it. Previously, the aim was to get through the season and then think about the next one, he wanted people to think 4-5 years ahead and decide where they wanted to be. Don't know if that is possible at Bodmin, but it's pretty obvious where years of short term thinking and quick fixes have left them.

All sounds really good above. But Simon Minnett has only ever won 3 games at SWPL level. Please bear in mind he’s managed nearly 30 now. If you don’t take an experienced manager you take a local manager.

A little surprised by Liskeard drawing to St Austell as well thought home team would be able to dispatch them. Nice to see the Camels now picking up steam, Reg always seems to stay competitive even after shakey start.

1 hour ago, FeedtheYak said:

All sounds really good above. But Simon Minnett has only ever won 3 games at SWPL level. Please bear in mind he’s managed nearly 30 now. If you don’t take an experienced manager you take a local manager.

A little surprised by Liskeard drawing to St Austell as well thought home team would be able to dispatch them. Nice to see the Camels now picking up steam, Reg always seems to stay competitive even after shakey start.

I’ve actually managed at swpl level for Quite a while in another area of the country.

so experience for me isn’t an issue , and I’m learning the swpl well and contacts are growing . St Dennis was a challenge one that many wouldn’t take on but I was happy to and did what I could actually before godolphin folded I earned them more points than they had at that level for over 4 years I believe before I left in feb . Not to bad considering 

hopefully over time I can prove this to people like yourself.

Press Release from Graham Hambly

Ivybridge Town 6 Honiton Town 1

LEAGUE leaders Ivybridge Town continued their unbeaten run in the South West Peninsula League with a 6-1 home win over Honiton Town at Erme Valley on Saturday (Sept 30).

They had the perfect start, taking the lead with a goal from Jacob Smelt as early as the second minute.

However, Honiton stuck to their task and equalised ten minutes later when Kyle Howell broke away on the right and sent in a goalbound effort which skimmed off the head of defender Josh Zimmerman out of the reach of goalkeeper Tyler Coombes.

Coombes was deputising in the Ivybridge goal for Kane Gregory, who was unavailable, and went on to make a couple of important saves.

Despite the disappointment of being pegged back so quickly, Ivybridge regained control and restored their lead in the 37th minute when Jack Alexander scored after good attacking play on the left by Jake Lane.

Ivybridge impressed with some lively attacking play in the second half but failed to find the finishing touch until the closing stages when they grabbed four late goals.

Jake Lane converted an 81st minute penalty following a foul on striker Connor Rush, a second half substitute for Stan Lane.

Then Alexander was rewarded for a hard-working afternoon when he scored his second goal of the game in the 88th minute after combining effectively with Rush.

Referee Steve McCulloch allowed an additional eight minutes and Ivybridge took full advantage with two further goals.

Substitute Bailey Mabin drove in his fifth of the season in the fifth added minute and skipper Scott Pocock completed the scoring with the last kick of the game.

Despite the convincing scoreline and their tenth win in 11 league matches Ivybridge joint manager Lance Bailey was not completely satisfied with the performance, admitting that it felt strange to be disappointed after a 6-1 win.

But he explained: “We set our standards so high that, on the ball, we needed to keep it a bit longer and be a bit more patient, which we try and get the boys to do.

“Teams are coming to press us and work hard the first 20 minutes or half an hour, and we have just got to work out how to play against that.

“We made a few subs and what we are finding is that the subs are making a huge impact when they are coming on. We brought on Bailey Mabin and he settled us down and took his goal very well, which is something he does.”

Regarding the inclusion of Tyler Coombes in place of Kane Gregory, Bailey said: “Kane is a huge presence for us but Tyler is very good for a younger lad. He has come in today and his distribution on the ball is great for us along with his handling and shot stopping so we have no problem with Tyler. He is excellent cover for Kane.

“Tyler has been injured for a long time and is now on the bench for Buckland (who play in the premier division of the Western League) and they have kindly let us use him to get a few minutes and help us out. So, for all three parties, it is really good.”

Ivybridge now travel to Bovey Tracey on Wednesday evening (Oct 4) and face another home match on Saturday (Oct 7) with a visit from Torrington.

Being a midweek game at Bovey Tracey, Ivybridge are aware that Bovey have the opportunity to boost their squad with players from different leagues.

Bailey says: “We know it is going to be a tough game for us but we go into every game knowing that, and we are going to set ourselves up and go for the win.”

Meanwhile, Ivybridge have been rewarded for their midweek win over Torquay United in the Devon St Luke’s Cup with another plumb home tie.

They will meet Plymouth Parkway in the second round on Wednesday November 8 and that is a tie with particular appeal to joint manager Lance Bailey.

He says: “Parkway is very close to my heart because I played there for many years. It is impressive the things they have gone on to do. We will look forward and, hopefully, strive to be like Parkway.

“They have gone on and done huge things. I have utmost respect for them but, when it comes to that game, we will try to beat them.”

On 30/09/2023 at 20:37, 100%cornish said:

No skin in this game, but Minett only juay appointed, so give the fella a chance! On paper an odd appointment, but wouldn't make too many judgements on a forst game against title challengers Wendron.

On 30/09/2023 at 21:04, The Jam Tart said:

Congrats on the 50/50 double! It is strange Bude struggling in front of goal with the personnel they have.

Never a dull afternoon with Tornado Bello!

On 01/10/2023 at 07:20, Scoffy said:

Few things, Bodmin were nothing but welcoming yesterday definately no dog ban 3 in attendance with owners I presume, tea hut open and run by a young lad who couldn't do enough for you and the same with all the volunteers. The car parking is, what it is, a council decision I'm assuming Bodmin can't do anything about and you only have to pay till 4 so it's not the end of the world.

The game was being professionally filmed I'm assuming for there socials and there is generally an air of optimism that has, in my opinion been missing the last few times we visited, pulled pork burgers post match as well 😛 as for on the pitch Simon has had a week maybe two tops, and we were clinical, having said that if they had scored the penalty just before half time it could have been a very awkward afternoon but Ethan saved well and a 20 minute spell right after half time killed the game. Bodmin are on a journey now that we are probably 3 and a half years in to, their bench consisted of 4 really young lads who looked decent when they came on and Bodmin youth have a phenomenal 16's side who if the connections are made like mentioned in Deacs interview will see Bodmin in good stead in the future. So rather than dig them out wish them all the best, Rome wasn't built in a day, still a proper old fashioned loveable football ground and club and I for one and Wendron AFC wish them all the very best 🙂 except when we play them at home 😉

Not often are Bodmin Town called 'loveable' 😉 Great post all the same!

On 30/09/2023 at 20:37, 100%cornish said:

most people have never heard of Simon Minett i for 1 have not

22 hours ago, Brummie Simon said:

actually before godolphin folded I earned them more points than they had at that level for over 4 years I believe before I left

Bit odd that you have never heard of him 100%cornish if he was connected with the club you supported.

20 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

That will be a cracking game  Ivybridge  v parkway.  Depending if Lee takes it serious and plays a full strength team. 
Ivybridge look very strong this year. Some good youngsters in there.  

Looks like a cup tie to look forward to, which isn't often said regarding St Lukes matches (must of the time they feel like an inconvenience). Lance Bailey was a cult hero for myself and The Bald One at Parkway, a very underrated member of the 2013/14 treble winning side and one of the nicest blokes on the scene (always up for a chat, and had the ability to take the piss out of himself on occasions). Glad to see he's doing so well in his first joint managerial role at a step 6 club.

In my opinion, every team goes through this cycle and it seems to be Bodmin are having it right now.

I can remember when Tavistock were demoted to the old Peninsula East League after failing to qualify for the Prem, look at them now.

When Liskeard were struggling in the old old Peninsula West League, now red hot favourites for the league they are currently in.

Every Team have their moments and struggles, that's life and that's football.

Years and Years ago you had Managers like Leigh Cooper, Kevin Hendy, Roger Fice, Alan Carey, Glyn Hooper, Steve Massey, Ian Southcott, Stuart Dudley. Old school Managers are not around anymore and those who do give it their time to manage players that are paid ludicrous amounts of money versus their actual quality should be given a pat on the back as its a thankless task.

Bodmin were lucky they had Darren Gilbert for years, but things change and time moves on, as did Darren.

Good luck to Bodmin, sure they will be competing at the high end of their respective table.

1 hour ago, teflon123 said:

In my opinion, every team goes through this cycle and it seems to be Bodmin are having it right now.

I can remember when Tavistock were demoted to the old Peninsula East League after failing to qualify for the Prem, look at them now.

When Liskeard were struggling in the old old Peninsula West League, now red hot favourites for the league they are currently in.

Every Team have their moments and struggles, that's life and that's football.

Years and Years ago you had Managers like Leigh Cooper, Kevin Hendy, Roger Fice, Alan Carey, Glyn Hooper, Steve Massey, Ian Southcott, Stuart Dudley. Old school Managers are not around anymore and those who do give it their time to manage players that are paid ludicrous amounts of money versus their actual quality should be given a pat on the back as its a thankless task.

Bodmin were lucky they had Darren Gilbert for years, but things change and time moves on, as did Darren.

Good luck to Bodmin, sure they will be competing at the high end of their respective table.

Falmouth were in the doldrums from 2012 finishing 16th for three seasons before young local lad Andy Westgarth took over as player/manager in 2015/16  beginning  the climb with 11th. and then 10th position. Since then he has won two Cornwall Senior Cups (v Saltash & Wendron)-SWPL WCP) Cup (v Tavistock)-SWPL Bowl(V Plymouth P/Way) and achieving Champions spot in 2022 and go on to win the Bowl again against SWPL(E) Torpoint.

The progress continues with mainly young  local players to now head The Western League table for the first time since th  great 1970's era led by legend Richard Gray with the strong Plymouth connection

Dont remember Simon Minnett at Godolphin i started watching them when Derek Martyn was in charge and they had severel managers after that who werent there long none of them really came up to the  time when Derek was in charge there was Paul Sidwell Andy Savage ,Paul Clarke  Adam PattersonTony  Mckellar , Josh Pope Jamie Lowry Ash Bradshaw even Nigel and Ben had a go at managing but it was too late then the team where struggling and they folded but they will rise again like the Tattoo i have got the Phoenix rising from the ashes 

On 02/10/2023 at 11:04, Both Sides of the Tamar said:

No skin in this game, but Minett only juay appointed, so give the fella a chance! On paper an odd appointment, but wouldn't make too many judgements on a forst game against title challengers Wendron.

Congrats on the 50/50 double! It is strange Bude struggling in front of goal with the personnel they have.

Never a dull afternoon with Tornado Bello!

Yeah just not clicking at the moment. Not being able to play a settled team would be the root cause imo. 

Tornado is good value to watch. I love his emotions during a game. Doesn’t look match fit to me at the moment. Needs a couple more games to fund his touch then will be back in the goals for sure. 

4 hours ago, The Jam Tart said:

Yeah just not clicking at the moment. Not being able to play a settled team would be the root cause imo. 

Tornado is good value to watch. I love his emotions during a game. Doesn’t look match fit to me at the moment. Needs a couple more games to fund his touch then will be back in the goals for sure. 

Fyneboy at Dobwalls and Bowker at Barum equally good value. 'Annoying' players you would sooner have in your team than face as an opponent!