Cornwall Football Forum

Some news on the TCFC ground coming πŸ‘

2 hours ago, RAPPO said:

The big news is here!!!!! Β They’ve took the sign down that’s been rotting away in the field for 5 years!!!! Ground should now be ready for the 2037/38 season!!! πŸ‘ŠπŸΌπŸ‘πŸ˜‚

Laughing stock ,yet again.

When/if Truro get back home. I hope they don't expect their poor former fans to just turn up in the same numbers as before.Β  Seems to have been very little thought for them over the years.Β  They cant/won't even update them on the progress with the ground.Β  Even if they just explained what the hold-up is instead of the constant silence.

Doing well on the pitch but the communication off it is pitiful!

12 hours ago, The Town Man said:

When/if Truro get back home. I hope they don't expect their poor former fans to just turn up in the same numbers as before.Β  Seems to have been very little thought for them over the years.Β  They cant/won't even update them on the progress with the ground.Β  Even if they just explained what the hold-up is instead of the constant silence.

Β 

Its not the way to treat the modern fan. Everyone is now wired to needing constant entertainment/communication. Fans like to feel that they're being considered, and sadly this just doesn't happen enough at Truro. If a club official is reading this. I'm happy to come on board and do your PR/Marketing for youΒ πŸ‘

14 hours ago, The Town Man said:

But it's always been like that. It happened with Heaney, Masters, and now the Pirates.

1 hour ago, Craze said:

Β 

Its not the way to treat the modern fan. Everyone is now wired to needing constant entertainment/communication. Fans like to feel that they're being considered, and sadly this just doesn't happen enough at Truro. If a club official is reading this. I'm happy to come on board and do your PR/Marketing for youΒ πŸ‘

You'd have a blank canvas buddy because the public relations of the club is currently non-existent.

On 25/06/2023 at 10:26, RAPPO said:

The big news is here!!!!! Β They’ve took the sign down that’s been rotting away in the field for 5 years!!!! Ground should now be ready for the 2037/38 season!!! πŸ‘ŠπŸΌπŸ‘πŸ˜‚

2037 / 38 - that’s sooner than I expected πŸ˜‚

2 hours ago, Devils@Dusk said:

But it's always been like that. It happened with Heaney, Masters, and now the Pirates.

Which is a real shame. On the field, Truro City are a superb side, the best they've had since the 2015/16 bunch that finished 4th and reached the NLS play offs.

Most people on this forum, and in Cornwall, do not realise how good they are. It is entirely the fault of the people that run the club that a group of players as good as this play in front of sparse "home" crowds.

Would imagine crowds will be up slightly but only really parkway fans interested in seeing new teams come to bolitho.Β 
In some respects staying at bolitho has played into wotton hands. He finds it much easier bringing in and Keeping players knowing there based in Plymouth.Β 

The lack of communication from Truro City has been pretty poor for a while. But it is possible that there are commercial and contractual reasons for keeping any news about the ground close to their collective chests. I am not saying there is, just that it is possible. However, it has been a bit of a PR disaster - done properly, you can say a lot with PR without really saying anything at all!! It is the silence that annoys the club's fans and the wider Cornish football community and allows room for rumour and speculation to breed and spread. I really hope that there is good news about the ground soon but Truro need to make some noise soon!

Try sending them a tweet, you don’t get any response despite the amount of posts they do. They’ve lost all the community side because they think they’re bigger and better then what they are. Β They’ve not communicated at all with the local community.Β 

On 26/06/2023 at 17:53, sportsman10 said:

Would imagine crowds will be up slightly but only really parkway fans interested in seeing new teams come to bolitho.Β 
In some respects staying at bolitho has played into wotton hands. He finds it much easier bringing in and Keeping players knowing there based in Plymouth.Β 

Would imagine that the likes of Bath, Taunton, Weston, Weymouth, Yeovil and Torquay will also bring a sizeable travelling support.

No idea how the money from gate and refreshment sales gets divided between Parkway and Truro though.

7 hours ago, Way Of The Park said:

Would imagine that the likes of Bath, Taunton, Weston, Weymouth, Yeovil and Torquay will also bring a sizeable travelling support.

No idea how the money from gate and refreshment sales gets divided between Parkway and Truro though.

Surely if it's a Parkway fixture Parkway get the money and if it's a Truro fixture Truro get the money.

52 minutes ago, silly billy said:

Surely if it's a Parkway fixture Parkway get the money and if it's a Truro fixture Truro get the money.

Not sure as it parkway employed staff manning the bar and ticket booth. They were even supplying the announcer but I’m not sure that happen next season. All very odd the whole set up.Β 

3 hours ago, Craze said:

Poor attitude and belies the contempt with which the fans are held. Its a clubs duty to communicate openly and honestly with the supporters. Support than fans to support the club, very simple premise.

If, and it's a very big if, the new ground is up and running and Truro City return home next season, then what sort of crowds will await them. After 3 seasons away will the locals have just got out of the habit? There will be plenty of counter attractions for the floating supporter in the area as it is very possible that Mousehole could be in the Southern Prem by then, with Helston also being one of the favourites for promotion to the Southern Div 1. You can also add a resurgent Falmouth, and even St Blazey, competing for attention. The football landscape in the county looks very different from when City left Treyew Road at the end of the aborted 20/21 season.

Β 

1 hour ago, Peter Masters said:

As they say, do your research, it's all out there!

This is one of the problems that Truro has. Completely alienating themselves. Β Instead of just brushing it off why don’t you offer to help people find the information.Β 
Β 

There will be a time when the football club needs the Community of Truro so I would suggest starting to build this now rather than pushing it away.Β 

On 25/06/2023 at 23:38, The Town Man said:

Β 

3 hours ago, Peter Masters said:

As they say, do your research, it's all out there!

I rest my case your honour.

29 minutes ago, Postman Pat said:

Think the corporate statement was to get Truro City back in Cornwall first as a priority.

How can they have started work yet have not yet applied for planning permissionΒ 

At last, a sense that things have started. Fingers crossed that it's ready for 2024/25, hopefully everything is straightforward now (although these things rarely go to plan, and nothing in City's recent history has been plain sailing).

Thought more would have been made of the work starting. Paul Wotton symbolically putting a shovel in the ground, that sort of thing.

4 hours ago, Way Of The Park said:

At last, a sense that things have started. Fingers crossed that it's ready for 2024/25, hopefully everything is straightforward now (although these things rarely go to plan, and nothing in City's recent history has been plain sailing).

Thought more would have been made of the work starting. Paul Wotton symbolically putting a shovel in the ground, that sort of thing.

My father said exactly the same thingΒ πŸ˜†

4 hours ago, Postman Pat said:

Think the corporate statement was to get Truro City back in Cornwall first as a priority.

How can they have started work yet have not yet applied for planning permissionΒ 

Doesn't planning permission happen in stages?

For ground leveling to have begun, some sort of planning permission should've been passed.

I can only assume that the initial planning permission - which enables City to return to Truro, is the thing that has been passed. Anything else (like expanding to accommodate the Pirates), would need additional permission...Β πŸ€”?

4 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

So not classed as a stadium then in the council eyes. More a sports facility for everyone ? Β I guess there be a running track around it ? Etc Β is that how you get round the planning permission? Be interesting to see who gets use of it thenΒ 

Just in the long run a grass pitch and an all weather one, with some sort of clubhouse facility I believe. Nothing more mysterious than that!