Cornwall Football Forum

23/24 top 6 opinion

Was going to add Truro to that list but they have lost 2 of there best players in Morgan Coxhead Goalie and striker George Newton ,Dane is building a good team at Bodmin so could be a good season for Bodmin hope so for them fine club with so many trophies .

Wont be long now for my 1st pre season friendly at Wadebridge when they play Torpoint on Friday 30th June and what a team they have this year what a forward line RYAN RICHARDS ,JAMES LORENZ ,JAMES ROWE if Richards and Lorenz can have a injury free season there is going to be a lot of goals scored between that lot 

11 hours ago, Wetsuit said:

Bodmin been very busy this last week some decent signings going for a youthful approach.     Roll on pre season

Throwing big money around for very average players.

Won't last long.

Liskeard have also signed some good players but again, have spent massive amounts in doing so, 3 figures each for their 3 most recent signings.

Dark horses for me would be Wendron followed by Bude.

As an Ashes Fan - personally I’d love to Liskeard make it back to Western Premier and then we can have our traditional Christmas/Easter fixture back and they seem to be my favourites. 

Wadebridge weren’t far off last season and if they can convert some of their defeats into draws/wins then they’re my top two. Wadebridge gave Saltash at hell of game in the CSC last season hence my optimism. 

Wendron - good club and ground and friendly but was last season their peak? 

1. Definitly Wendron they go about there business quietly no shouting about who they have signed a fine club who set a example to other clubs who throw money signing average  players .Sticker also is a club which i admire run by good people lovely ground hope they do well this season .Newquay got quality players back but have now lost Rhys Hooper To Wadebridge him and Noah Teagle will be missed at Newquay 

Completely impossible to predict . Most of these signings will move on at various times of the season. The team with the best access to players from the western league and above to help out midweek will walk the league so my money on Darren phonebook at liskeard  with Bodmin close behind now Shaun  Vincent joined the as assistant with his contacts .  I think your see more ringers then ever helping out next year. 

6 hours ago, teflon123 said:

Throwing big money around for very average players.

Won't last long.

Liskeard have also signed some good players but again, have spent massive amounts in doing so, 3 figures each for their 3 most recent signings.

Dark horses for me would be Wendron followed by Bude.

3 figures 😂😂😂 behave 

45 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

Completely impossible to predict . Most of these signings will move on at various times of the season. The team with the best access to players from the western league and above to help out midweek will walk the league so my money on Darren phonebook at liskeard  with Bodmin close behind now Shaun  Vincent joined the as assistant with his contacts .  I think your see more ringers then ever helping out next year. 

Yeah because Darren's contacts bringing in midweek ringers worked a treat at Bodmin didn't it? 😂

I was surprised to Harry Bell leave Mousehole and go back to LISKEARD I was watching him on the Mousehole Documentary and hes at Uni in London and he travelled every week from London to Mousehole so now he will be doing the journey to Liskeard instead Liskeard made 3 very good signings i think they will walk away with the league just cant see a weakness in that side Jennings and Smith will be a brilliant combination better than Jennings and ROWE cant say Jennings and Lorenz because he is injured a lot but he will be  a hell of a signing for Torpoint if fit and that will be my 1st pre season friendly to watch Wadebridge vs Torpoint should be a good match think Wadebridge will miss there captain Tom Strike who has gone to St Blazey 

17 hours ago, LeeMann said:

3 figures 😂😂😂 behave 

Its only a minor increase on the wages paid to your leading scorer last year so not much to worry about.

Smith and Downing are very good signings, jury still out on Bell so looks like money well invested.

5 hours ago, teflon123 said:

Its only a minor increase on the wages paid to your leading scorer last year so not much to worry about.

Smith and Downing are very good signings, jury still out on Bell so looks like money well invested.

Your information is so far off don’t know who you been talking to 😂😂😂

On 14/06/2023 at 05:51, teflon123 said:

Jury still out on Harry?? Walked straight into the Mousehole side and had a great second half of the season!!

1 hour ago, Dave Deacon said:

Perhaps his jury may be out as Harry only made 13 appearances?

Thinks he's a London based teacher training student, with his first placement being in Camden. That might have affected his availability for midweek matches (which came thick and fast towards the end of last season).

On 15/06/2023 at 11:03, JonColenzo said:

Jury still out on Harry?? Walked straight into the Mousehole side and had a great second half of the season!!

Have to be honest and say I did not watch him in a Mousehole shirt but did in most teams he played for at SWP level and didn't exactly set the world a light for me.

Look forward to seeing how he gets on this year.

Yeah the clubs are. My definition of proven at a higher level would be a sustained period of output from said player though. And I don't think either have at Western League. Lots of players at SWPL level are average so even if they play that level, I wouldn't deem them proven. Bodmin are announcing a lot of new faces but I'm yet to think any of them is a "wow" capture given the supposed budget they're paying them. Budget is almost irrelevant, but not quite. 

2 minutes ago, Foul Throw 3 said:

Yeah the clubs are. My definition of proven at a higher level would be a sustained period of output from said player though. And I don't think either have at Western League. Lots of players at SWPL level are average so even if they play that level, I wouldn't deem them proven. Bodmin are announcing a lot of new faces but I'm yet to think any of them is a "wow" capture given the supposed budget they're paying them. Budget is almost irrelevant, but not quite. 

Out of interest, what is Bodmin's budget? 

48 minutes ago, Wetsuit said:

Millbrook and torpoint ?????? Higher level in my book.   

Ryan was announced as a player for Millbrook Reserves last year... Dane and the team at Bodmin have clearly identified that they need wholesale changes from their side last year.

Charlie moved on under half way through the season from Torpoint last year, I would say he's proven himself in the SWPL though.

The 2 signings that stand out for me are Louis Taylor and Sam Rutter, if both get off to the starts they're capable of then you'll see Western League Clubs circling. Always been a fan of Sam Hill as well, he'll give some much needed experience.