Ashton & Backwell Utd  2-2         Buckland Athletic

Bridgwater United          2-1         Keynsham Town

Brislington                        1-1         Ilfracombe Town

Helston Athletic               1-2         Exmouth Town

Mousehole                       2-1         Bitton

Shepton Mallet                3-2         Clevedon Town

Street                                7-0         Bridport

Wellington                       2-0         Millbrook

• Dave Deacon changed the title to FIXTURES & RESULTS for the week 29th March to 2nd April 2022
3 hours ago, play for the badge said:

some big games this week and helston having a say in top league position  without being close at the top themselves . not sure that is how they wanted to have impact it must hurt them

Still be a very good game between the two tonight. Be good to see if Mousehole are real title contenders. 

6 minutes ago, Themanhimself said:

Helston 0-0 Mousehole 🥱 🥱 

Not the best of games what so ever to watch tonight. To many long balls being over hit by both teams. Watching paint dry comes to mind. 408 cold bored people in attendance 

Agree with that. 100mph but zero quality. Glad I don't have to watch that every week. Not saying that Falmouth will find it easy next season but I think they will serve up more entertainment than what was seen tonight.

6 minutes ago, The Town Man said:

Agree with that. 100mph but zero quality. Glad I don't have to watch that every week. Not saying that Falmouth will find it easy next season but I think they will serve up more entertainment than what was seen tonight.

And not even a shot on target I don’t think either. It was played way to fast and I feel if the ball was on the deck and played slower, it would have being such a better game to watch 

Both sides missing a playmaker, game needed slowing up to create some chances and maybe a few crosses,  a big non event in reality.

Mousehole stuck to hitting right to left diagonal balls all night of which a good 30 odd went out of play, put that alongside the 20 odd times the ball left the ground completely and you get an idea of what was offered up.

Won't rushing to watch either of those teams again for a while...glad to get home Eastenders would have been a better watch!

Yes Falmouth better to watch than those two but would get nowhere near them with the sheer pace on show tonight.

A big well done to the referee for spotting the little self trip for what would have been a fake penalty,  pity he never booked the simulator (cheat)

39 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Both sides missing a playmaker, game needed slowing up to create some chances and maybe a few crosses,  a big non event in reality.

Mousehole stuck to hitting right to left diagonal balls all night of which a good 30 odd went out of play, put that alongside the 20 odd times the ball left the ground completely and you get an idea of what was offered up.

Won't rushing to watch either of those teams again for a while...glad to get home Eastenders would have been a better watch!

Yes Falmouth better to watch than those two but would get nowhere near them with the sheer pace on show tonight.

A big well done to the referee for spotting the little self trip for what would have been a fake penalty,  pity he never booked the simulator (cheat)

Who was the simulator Dave ?

46 minutes ago, Way Of The Park said:

Doesn't sound like there was much to update us on.

Two quick fire goals towards the start of the second half settled this one. Before that Street played nice football, had a goal disallowed and forced our keeper into a good save or two including close range pinball, Saltash limited attacking. You could say they were unlucky to lose 2-0, their supporters were but one of those you need to take your chances with the table it is with Street towards the lower spots. I can see why they would say it though as they played nice football throughout. Saltash managed to defend them so it was nice to go 2 up 2 hours from home, where a neutral or home fan would say lucky first goal perhaps in falling for a close range finish, the second was a moment of quality with the cross in from the left and header. They call these games getting the job done. Onto Tavi.

Good banter from the home fans throughout. Nice to visit Street.

The floodlights stayed on for the 90 despite going out not long before kick off. For a moment wondered pre match if it would be a 2 hour trip that would end up abandoned.

46 minutes ago, hills19 said:

Two quick fire goals towards the start of the second half settled this one. Before that Street played nice football, had a goal disallowed and forced our keeper into a good save or two including close range pinball, Saltash limited attacking. You could say they were unlucky to lose 2-0, their supporters were but one of those you need to take your chances with the table it is with Street towards the lower spots. I can see why they would say it though as they played nice football throughout. Saltash managed to defend them so it was nice to go 2 up 2 hours from home, where a neutral or home fan would say lucky first goal perhaps in falling for a close range finish, the second was a moment of quality with the cross in from the left and header. They call these games getting the job done. Onto Tavi.

The floodlights stayed on for the 90 despite going out not long before kick off. For a moment wondered pre match if it would be a 2 hour trip that would end up abandoned.

Sorry, meant the Mousehole v Helston match. Excellent midweek, away win for The Ashes.

15 minutes ago, Footy follower said:

You could watch the Saltash highlights when they come out in 4 months 😏

Same as Parkway then. Club not releasing footage of Finlay Craske's last minute winner, only thing shown on social media was him being bundled over for a free kick. 

very rare that i come on here after a game and find myself in agreement with every comment. Helston v Mousehole was a shocker. Mousehole struggled to break down the Helston side, played out from the back every time and then the centre halves or central midfielders ended up smashing the ball 30 + yard over the top and 99% of the time, resulted in it going out of play. Happened over 50 times in the game easily. Helston probably had the better of the "chances". To call them chances i felt was a bit much. Half chances fell to Bowker who didnt hit the target. Good defending from Harrison Jewell late on prevented a certain goal.... should have been celebrated really 400+ crowd as there wasnt anything else to cheer about.

I believe the simulator is Stu Bowker in this case, as he went over in the box from a challenge from the mousehole keeper. From my partially blocked view, I thought it was a penalty, but ref was much closer and was unmoved... interesting, no yellow card for simulation... have the rules changed?

11 minutes ago, justanopinion said:

Interesting point about 'rules changed' for simulation. I saw the same at a game last Saturday where the forward dived in the box and the ref waived it away. Surely its cheating and a booking??

that was my view on it too. However, the ref had a very good view of the incident last night, was very well placed. Didnt even contemplate a penalty, so surely he's suggesting Bowker has dived? Or can you now make contact in the box, without it being a penalty and without it being simulation (definitely didnt play the ball either)?

2 minutes ago, SCFC said:

that was my view on it too. However, the ref had a very good view of the incident last night, was very well placed. Didnt even contemplate a penalty, so surely he's suggesting Bowker has dived? Or can you now make contact in the box, without it being a penalty and without it being simulation (definitely didnt play the ball either)?

According to Mr Long he said that whilst the keeper went to ground and didn’t get a touch on the ball, I had enough time to get out of the way of the contact (didn’t realise when an opponent made a challenge I had due care to get out of the way of it must be a new rule) game is all about opinions I like many in the ground thought it was a penalty, but Simon didn’t 🤷🏼‍♂️ apart from that decision I genuinely don’t think he got a single other thing wrong he was very approachable all game. 

2 hours ago, hills19 said:

I’d agree with that, a moment of panic when the lights failed with 10 mins to kick off, but they came back on- in no part thanks to Tom our electrical expert- turns out water had got into a box hence why they tripped out. 

Good club Street- treated us really well and 3 points on the road and a clean sheet was welcome! 

Sorry for the lack of updates - did my best but our media guy like most of us had family commitments and I did my best on my own Twitter. 

Cracking goals from Sam Davey and Charlie Elkington. 

Good to meet my fellow Secretary mate Kerry Miller from Bridgwater and have a good chat about all things Western and Sec admin, as well as Eric secretary from Clevedon Town. Add in the Shepton manager scouting and it was a good evening all round. 

Some of the comments about the Helston game are unbelievable. Anybody who has played in a so-called ‘Derby’ game or watched one will know that they are never full of cultured passing moves unless one side is so much better than the other and even then the game is played at 100 miles an hour. Spoke to some Mousehole fans and they agreed that Western League football is all about pace and I’m sure teams coming up next year will be in for a big shock. With the exception of Bridport, all wins have to be really earned - perhaps something that local football is not used to. 

4 minutes ago, le boss said:

Some of the comments about the Helston game are unbelievable. Anybody who has played in a so-called ‘Derby’ game or watched one will know that they are never full of cultured passing moves unless one side is so much better than the other and even then the game is played at 100 miles an hour. Spoke to some Mousehole fans and they agreed that Western League football is all about pace and I’m sure teams coming up next year will be in for a big shock. With the exception of Bridport, all wins have to be really earned - perhaps something that local football is not used to. 

Agree with that Le Boss.  The difference in power and pace between the leagues is really noticeable.  Should be an interesting Season if Falmouth get promoted.  Not expecting it to be easy personally.

1 hour ago, le boss said:

Sorry le boss, it was a piss poor game and everyone around me agreed.

Needed one player who could put his foot on the ball and slow it up a bit.

The game was so quick the players never had the ability to play or contain it at that pace.

The ball was either up in air, off the pitch or out of the ground all night.

As pitches are drying games naturally look quicker and more frantic than previously viewed games on soft pitches during January and February.

If Falmouth gain promotion, they’ll need time to adjust to a higher standard of football in every game. Helston and Mousehole, in terms of personal, have clearly made an attempt to obtain promotion in their first season. I’m not sure Falmouth need to or feel pressurised to go down the same route. Millbrook are likely to finish around mid-table which is fine in my eyes. I rather see natural progression than forced progression, but each club to their own.

Helston have players in Colwell , Elliot and bye who can put their foot on it and like to knock it around.  Hardly players you call quick. I imagine it was just lumped up from the back to bowker and passed them by. Sometimes that way it is. Makes for a bad game but as i said was up too mousehole really to go for a win. They are going for a title.  

19 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

Helston have players in Colwell , Elliot and bye who can put their foot on it and like to knock it around.  Hardly players you call quick. I imagine it was just lumped up from the back to bowker and passed them by. Sometimes that way it is. Makes for a bad game but as i said was up too mousehall really to go for a win. They are going for a title.  

Unfortunately a lot of the pitches have taken a battering with yet another tough winter and trying to get all of the fixtures within congested time frames factor in covid call offs that were rife before and around Christmas the pitches haven’t had long enough to recover especially for teams that have more than 1 team playing on the pitch unfortunately they aren’t going to be great spectacles to watch the are going to be more games of attrition, unfortunately a lot of teams grounds pitches are run by volunteers and they are never going to look like premier league pitches unfortunately 

40 minutes ago, Stu B said:

Unfortunately a lot of the pitches have taken a battering with yet another tough winter and trying to get all of the fixtures within congested time frames factor in covid call offs that were rife before and around Christmas the pitches haven’t had long enough to recover especially for teams that have more than 1 team playing on the pitch unfortunately they aren’t going to be great spectacles to watch the are going to be more games of attrition, unfortunately a lot of teams grounds pitches are run by volunteers and they are never going to look like premier league pitches unfortunately 

Old school pitches (like the ones you see on episodes of the Big Match Revisited). Lush meadows August- October, ploughed fields November-March, baked mud April-May.

2 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Sorry le boss, it was a piss poor game and everyone around me agreed.

Needed one player who could put his foot on the ball and slow it up a bit.

The game was so quick the players never had the ability to play or contain it at that pace.

The ball was either up in air, off the pitch or out of the ground all night.

I don’t disagree that it was poor but both teams did not let the other time on the ball. 

• Dave Deacon changed the title to All the RESULTS for the week 29th March to 2nd April 2022
  • Dave Deacon unpinned this topic