St Day                                       1-7       Wendron United Reserves

Truro City Reserves                   2-4       Illogan RBL

LEAGUE CUP

QUARTER FINAL

Mousehole Development         5-0       St Dominick

Porthleven                               4-4       Saltash Borough

(Porthleven win 4-3 on pens)

St Day 1 v Wendron 7

Wendron today we’re head and shoulders better then St Day. They enjoyed the conditions and were first to every ball. Straight from kick off wendron had two attempts blocked on the line and that set the tone. 
1-3 at halftime and expected a rejuvenated St Day to come out fired up but that was quickly stopped when wendron scored again five minutes in.

Great setup down St Day, the pitch held up till the end. The ref was good, let a lot go and kept his cards in his pocket bar one time. 

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Saturday 12 February 2022

I went to watch St Austell and Bude yesterday it was the first time Ive seen both teams this season because I fancyed a change. I thought Bude were worthy winners as the score suggest. But my word can both teams moan it was like staying on home with the wife telling me to hoover the sitting room. I thought the ref had a good game considering what was thrown at him. There was a few yellows and a sin bin but there could have been more. I wish teams would just try and play football as it is getting silly now with the constant moaning appealing and playacting. That said the game at times there were spells of okay football considering the conditions 

St Dennis 1 callington 1

Cant stress how happy I am with yesterday's result and how well our team had performed with 10 men for the majority of the game,absolutely over the moon that we got our first point of the season against a decent team,hard work pays off, everyone in our team or associated with our team r delighted,well done callington as well,they have possibly one of the best players in the league, Andre is class.

1 hour ago, BrummyBarry said:

I wish teams would just try and play football as it is getting silly now with the constant moaning appealing and playacting.

We tend to lean in the direction of ladies football for entertainment locally, where there is a distinct difference in the lack of dissent, play acting, deliberate fouling, foul language etc, if some of the prima donnas that populate mens football in general at present were playing in the 70s - 80s, there's no doubt in our minds that they would have had great difficulty in finding themselves a game.
A prime example of the game in the 70s was on T.V. yesterday  which showed the F.A. 1976 cup final between Arsenal & Man Utd.
Both teams floored members of the opposition, a foul was given, so you helped them back up on their feet and then got on with the game.
How often have you heard a present day commentator or critic say, " he was too honest, he should have gone down and got a penalty " lack of sportmanship is endemic in the game, and is encouraged by those in charge at all levels.   End Of Rant.
Ladies game Man City v Man Utd on B.B.C. 2 at 12-15pm today if you're interested !!

1 hour ago, We Two said:

We tend to lean in the direction of ladies football for entertainment locally, where there is a distinct difference in the lack of dissent, play acting, deliberate fouling, foul language etc, if some of the prima donnas that populate mens football in general at present were playing in the 70s - 80s, there's no doubt in our minds that they would have had great difficulty in finding themselves a game.
A prime example of the game in the 70s was on T.V. yesterday  which showed the F.A. 1976 cup final between Arsenal & Man Utd.
Both teams floored members of the opposition, a foul was given, so you helped them back up on their feet and then got on with the game.
How often have you heard a present day commentator or critic say, " he was too honest, he should have gone down and got a penalty " lack of sportmanship is endemic in the game, and is encouraged by those in charge at all levels.   End Of Rant.
Ladies game Man City v Man Utd on B.B.C. 2 at 12-15pm today if you're interested !!

I have a clear recollection of the likes of Rodney Marsh and Francis Lee in particular in the late 60s and early 70s, diving( cheating) to win penalties, so nothing new about this aspect of the game really

Went & made the short trip to watch Porthleven vs Saltash Borough yesterday and I still can’t believe how referee’s like yesterday are still aloud to be involved with the game!!  One of the most biased referee’s I’ve witnessed was absolutely awful, I’ve seen this ref a few times now referee and it’s always been the same, countless mistakes, clearly needs to go Specsavers and get them eyes tested because some of the decisions yesterday was awful! WORST REFEREE EVER #UPTHEPOINT 

4 minutes ago, Unknown20 said:

Went & made the short trip to watch Porthleven vs Saltash Borough yesterday and I still can’t believe how referee’s like yesterday are still aloud to be involved with the game!!  One of the most biased referee’s I’ve witnessed was absolutely awful, I’ve seen this ref a few times now referee and it’s always been the same, countless mistakes, clearly needs to go Specsavers and get them eyes tested because some of the decisions yesterday was awful! WORST REFEREE EVER #UPTHEPOINT 

Sour grapes perhaps?

38 minutes ago, Unknown20 said:

Referees fault you failed to put the ball in the net more times than Porthleven - didn't you have 120 minutes to do that? Even I could put a ball in the net and I'm an aged man with a metal hip!

Referees fault you failed to score from 12 yards (harder to miss) I could do that with my eyes closed

Damn these referees! 

50 minutes ago, Unknown20 said:

Out of curiosity, what was the last game you watched/played in when the ref had a good game?

48 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Out of curiosity, what was the last game you watched/played in when the ref had a good game?

Couple of weeks ago Dave , watched a game where the referee was absolutely first class , but from my account yesterday he was appalling, never witnessed a more biased referee that’s all. Congrats to the winning team no sour grapes you deserved to through winning on pens just stating the referee was awful. #UPTHEPOINT 

3 hours ago, Jeff's Telling said:

I have a clear recollection of the likes of Rodney Marsh and Francis Lee in particular in the late 60s and early 70s, diving( cheating) to win penalties, so nothing new about this aspect of the game really

There will always be cheats in whatever sport you encounter and the two mentioned were no exception, the difference today is that we are overrun with them.
A friends grandson completely missed his attempted kick with an air shot and rolled around the lawn clutching his leg as if he had broken it, only to get up fully recovered when nobody took any notice.
He's watched too much football on T.V. in his 7 years i'm afraid

1 hour ago, Unknown20 said:

Couple of weeks ago Dave , watched a game where the referee was absolutely first class , but from my account yesterday he was appalling, never witnessed a more biased referee that’s all. Congrats to the winning team no sour grapes you deserved to through winning on pens just stating the referee was awful. #UPTHEPOINT 

Good to hear that from a couple of weeks ago. Did you mention the refs performance on that occasion. Hopefully you did.

With regards to yesterday, this sums up why it really is a funny old game though isn't it! I've heard from someone that was also at the game and he tells me "it was a good competitive match which was only decided by the last of Porthlevens penalties.  It was very well handled by the referee who I thought was excellent throughout.  Nothing controversial at all and he tried to let the game flow in increasingly difficult conditions whilst talking to players and taking action when he had to.

We all understand that referee's can have a bad game, it happens, but I've yet to meet a biased one.  Certainly neither applied yesterday."

To suggest a referee is bias though I find a little hard to take. In all the years I've played and watched local football, I've never seen one. Now linesmen - that's a different story!

3 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Good to hear that from a couple of weeks ago. Did you mention the refs performance on that occasion. Hopefully you did.

With regards to yesterday, this sums up why it really is a funny old game though isn't it! I've heard from someone that was also at the game and he tells me "it was a good competitive match which was only decided by the last of Porthlevens penalties.  It was very well handled by the referee who I thought was excellent throughout.  Nothing controversial at all and he tried to let the game flow in increasingly difficult conditions whilst talking to players and taking action when he had to.

We all understand that referee's can have a bad game, it happens, but I've yet to meet a biased one.  Certainly neither applied yesterday."

To suggest a referee is bias though I find a little hard to take. In all the years I've played and watched local football, I've never seen one. Now linesmen - that's a different story!

That person that told you this was he on crack at the time? 

On 12/02/2022 at 19:03, No. 5 said:

St Day 1 v Wendron 7

Wendron today we’re head and shoulders better then St Day. They enjoyed the conditions and were first to every ball. Straight from kick off wendron had two attempts blocked on the line and that set the tone. 
1-3 at halftime and expected a rejuvenated St Day to come out fired up but that was quickly stopped when wendron scored again five minutes in.

Great setup down St Day, the pitch held up till the end. The ref was good, let a lot go and kept his cards in his pocket bar one time. 

I was expecting a much closer, much more competitive game than the one witnessed.  Wendron set their stall out extremely early by flying out of the blocks and could have been 1 up after 30 seconds.

They controlled the pace of the game and every aspect of play.  St Day looked shell shocked and frustrated throughout.

I was told at several of the young Wendron players are ex St Day, who couldn't get much game time.  Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but that clearly came back to bite them in the a**.

JW

19 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Hope you're not insinuating all referee assistants are biased Dave 

21 hours ago, Unknown20 said:

I would suggest next time you make a 'short trip' you invest in a new satnav because yours obviously took you to the wrong ground as you watched a different game to me. Generally the ref did ok. A few mistakes here and there, as you'd expect with any ref as this level, but to call him bias  and worst referee ever is ridiculous. Maybe you could have congratulated your team for the part they played in this magnificent game. And what a game! The scoring went 1-0, 1-1, 2-1 and 2-2 at full time. At one point, after their first equaliser, I thought Saltash would run away with it as they were well on top. But Credit to Port's young lads who stuck at it and got back into the game. Extra time was a fairly even affair with the scores 2-3, 3-3, 4-3 and 4-4, the final two goals being in the last couple of minutes. A couple of poor penalties by Saltash gave Dan Parker the opportunity to score the winner off the underside of the crossbar. In fact a huge shout out to the young lad for scoring a hat trick in the game, including having the b*^!s to step up to score a penalty deep into extra time as well as taking the final penalty. The whole team played their hearts out and the two Greet boys deserve a mention for leading the Port team to this huge victory. In fact both teams deserve huge credit for providing the entertainment to an otherwise drab Saturday afternoon.

On 13/02/2022 at 18:22, Foul Throw 3 said:

Massive88 and grassrootsgary?

No complaints from us, the score line reflected the game. Conceding a 2nd, 20 seconds after half time killed us. Will for sure take a good side to beat Mousehole if they put the same side as that out every week. 
Good luck to them and thanks to their club for the hospitality including dropping most of us back into Penzance when their clubhouse had closed 👍

2 hours ago, AndyB88 said:
Redruth United v Helston Match Highlights -

https://youtu.be/YhT7SwBjJUE

A minute silence was observed before the fixture, in respect to local man Chris Stevens who was previously a groundsman at Clijah.

A very muddy wet pitch, hard conditions to play in (70s/80s style pitch). Both teams however played in good spirit of the game.

When you see games like this you wonder what affected the result the most, the players, the weather or pitch conditions. I call that proper football, played and watched by proper diehards.

Well done to all who took part.

Pity Redruth never got the win for Chris. RIP.

On 13/02/2022 at 15:02, Dave Deacon said:

Now now Dave ;) It's just as tricky to run the line as it is to ref, constantly getting barracked and we don't have the powers of the premier league (VAR), we've got to make a split second decision, we're going to get it wrong like everyone else :)

2 minutes ago, JamRich said:

Now now Dave ;) It's just as tricky to run the line as it is to ref, constantly getting barracked and we don't have the powers of the premier league (VAR), we've got to make a split second decision, we're going to get it wrong like everyone else :)

There’s getting it wrong and then there’s being bias! 🤭