Bitton                                              1-4            Exmouth Town

Brislington                                      4-1        Bridport

Ilfracombe Town                           7-2        Helston Athletic

Keynsham Town                            0-0         Tavistock

Millbrook                                        1-1           Street

Mousehole                                     3-2         Buckland Athletic

Wellington                                      1-1        Shepton Mallet

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Saturday 29 January 2022

I still think Tavistock over the rest of the season will be more consistent and get the wins to go up. 

as for helston what is the alternative? Can hardly sack the man that pays out the money and what is an upstairs role in local football ? Come on . What manager would want the job with Steve hanging around and bringing in players for you to pick on a Saturday. 

10 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

Pretty honestly interview with Steve Massey after the game . Looks bit Broken to be fair and  pretty much suggesting he doesn’t know what to do. 
He does mention the discipline of the team  is a massive issue. 
tough times. 

Really. !!!  Has anyone actually stood next too or beside a Helston dugout on a match day & listened to some of the drivel & foul & abusive language that comes from the 2/3/4/5 people that stand there. No wonder referees & assistant referees get fed up with them. We are all passionate & want to win, but if the referees took more control of the dugout, it may not transmit onto the pitch quite as much.

maybe a look in the mirror is needed. !!!!

13 minutes ago, kevin richards said:

Really. !!!  Has anyone actually stood next too or beside a Helston dugout on a match day & listened to some of the drivel & foul & abusive language that comes from the 2/3/4/5 people that stand there. No wonder referees & assistant referees get fed up with them. We are all passionate & want to win, but if the referees took more control of the dugout, it may not transmit onto the pitch quite as much.

Referees fault for dugout conduct. Standard comment that is said over and over on here. How about dugouts managers and players just stop being bellends and act like adults? Why should a referee have to deal with it? Why are we expecting refs to have to babysit these individuals? Ref deals with it and he gets called busy. Lino tries to deal wig it and gets stick all game. Don't blame the officials blame the club's. Ive not reffed a game before, I'm past it now but you wouldn't ever catch me doing it. I love watching football but even for me it's becoming so frustrating that human beings can't just act in a civilised manner. I went and watched a Trelawny game today and it was a refreshing change. Standard wasn't as good as the SWPL and Western League games I've watched over the past few months but it was an enjoyable atmosphere for me and the other three spectators although one was a dog walker

28 minutes ago, BrummyBarry said:

Referees fault for dugout conduct. Standard comment that is said over and over on here. How about dugouts managers and players just stop being bellends and act like adults? Why should a referee have to deal with it? Why are we expecting refs to have to babysit these individuals? Ref deals with it and he gets called busy. Lino tries to deal wig it and gets stick all game. Don't blame the officials blame the club's. Ive not reffed a game before, I'm past it now but you wouldn't ever catch me doing it. I love watching football but even for me it's becoming so frustrating that human beings can't just act in a civilised manner. I went and watched a Trelawny game today and it was a refreshing change. Standard wasn't as good as the SWPL and Western League games I've watched over the past few months but it was an enjoyable atmosphere for me and the other three spectators although one was a dog walker

You are dead right Barry.
Because these bellends watch Klopp & Mourinho & Conte & 95% of all other managers doing it & getting away with it, & when you are putting your own money into a club, these people think they have a right to be successful in whatever way they can. That includes intimidating officials. 
What I am saying is, the referee has the power to stop it at source. If they started to send a manager, assistant manager or one of the other hangers on from the dugout, it MAY stop some of the crap coming out of it !!!

9 minutes ago, kevin richards said:

Because these bellends watch Klopp & Mourinho & Conte & 95% of all other managers doing it & getting away with it, & when you are putting your own money into a club, these people think they have a right to be successful in whatever way they can. That includes intimidating officials. 
What I am saying is, the referee has the power to stop it at source. If they started to send a manager, assistant manager or one of the other hangers on from the dugout, it MAY stop some of the crap coming out of it !!!

Fantastic comment and I am with you on it. I suppose that with us being civilised people we expect others to be civilised. Some of these guys are really nice off the pitch but get them in that environment and well we see what it's like. I just think there's too much pressure for refs unnecessarily. The abuse and crap they deal with every game at this level is so bad. Then you go on twitter and players and managers are slandering and doing what they can. The worrying thing is I don't even really use twitter but because I follow a few teams it sends me those comments posts saying I might like this tweet and it's usually one of a player badmouthing other players or refs. It's just getting tedious for me because I've seen it in the league that I used to watch games on at home and I thought coming down here it would be different but it's just as bad and sometimes worse

2 hours ago, kevin richards said:

Jesus H Christ!! You make it sound like it is just a problem at Helston. There’s not a club in the county where it doesn’t happen. Helston the easy target as usual. 

37 minutes ago, FutureGK said:

Having just watched the highlights I’ll stand by my statement, never would of been 7 with Cory in goal… but the lad summers who’s a very talented GK had zero protection from his defence and made 2-3 good stops ..

From the highlights I’ve watched you can see better football played throughout the Trelawny leagues, in so these ‘big’ players getting ‘big’ pay days looks even more ridiculous! They’re like stoke from past premier league seasons apart from they can’t even play long ball properly and as for the defending just because you’re a lump doesn’t make you a good centre back in fact quite the opposite. 

Having watched the Helston first team on numerous occasions this season the defence is awful let's be brutally honest they can't defend they can't put two passes together between them there just seems no togetherness ( maybe because they don't train)for them it's all about hoofing the ball which is so old school,I have also watched the third team yes the standard is not as high but they have two centre backs that are ex South Western players that play football from the back and a top quality goalkeeper in Jason Robertson who works well with these centre backs surely that's the basics of building your team the boy Duncan playing up front looks as good as anything the first team has. I don't think anyone can knock Steve's commitment to football in general but as first team manager, football director, not sure what other titles he has, surely against Millbrook this week he should be looking more within his own club to sort the defensive issues out.

Harsh to criticise the GK, who looked like he pulled of some decent stops, yeah he should of saved 1 or 2 but that's football, the defence looked all over the place for most of their goals.. Looked like one of them games you just want to get over and done with when it got to 5. 

Every team has that blip in the season and this is Helstons, they'll bounce back for sure too many good players in the squad. I predict they will pick up all 3 points against Millbrook midweek. 

2 hours ago, Smiler said:

Having watched the Helston first team on numerous occasions this season the defence is awful let's be brutally honest they can't defend they can't put two passes together between them there just seems no togetherness ( maybe because they don't train)for them it's all about hoofing the ball which is so old school,I have also watched the third team yes the standard is not as high but they have two centre backs that are ex South Western players that play football from the back and a top quality goalkeeper in Jason Robertson who works well with these centre backs surely that's the basics of building your team the boy Duncan playing up front looks as good as anything the first team has. I don't think anyone can knock Steve's commitment to football in general but as first team manager, football director, not sure what other titles he has, surely against Millbrook this week he should be looking more within his own club to sort the defensive issues out.

If Helston have the quality in their reserve teams, they could do worse than promoting some of the more 'local' players.  Seeing progression through the ranks can give the whole club a boost and encourage everyone to strive to improve. Especially if you can see a chance in the first team as a result.

I suspect you would rather have a local player alongside you 'in the trenches' in these difficult times than another journeyman chasing the £££££s that has no real interest in the club.

Watching Millbrook vs Street I think Macca needs to have a re think with how the team progress going forward. They certainly need pace up front, some keen youngsters on the bench that maybe the answer.

Lots of chances to score but were pressed all the time by a young Street squad. Constant pressure on Millbrooks midfield. Captain Tom Payne normally settling the ship missed a penalty and was lucky not to be sent off. Losing his temper and becoming very frustrated.

Millbrook should of won this match easily if the right players were played in the right positions. Rikki Sheperd on the score sheet but off early due to an injury but Millbrook are becoming predictable and need more creative options.

Helston will beat Millbrook easily on Wednesday night based on how Millbrook choose to play 

7 hours ago, Xanie25 said:

Watching Millbrook vs Street I think Macca needs to have a re think with how the team progress going forward. They certainly need pace up front, some keen youngsters on the bench that maybe the answer.

Lots of chances to score but were pressed all the time by a young Street squad. Constant pressure on Millbrooks midfield. Captain Tom Payne normally settling the ship missed a penalty and was lucky not to be sent off. Losing his temper and becoming very frustrated.

Millbrook should of won this match easily if the right players were played in the right positions. Rikki Sheperd on the score sheet but off early due to an injury but Millbrook are becoming predictable and need more creative options.

Helston will beat Millbrook easily on Wednesday night based on how Millbrook choose to play 

To be fair millbrook are probably massively over achieving when you look at the squads. Not sure what they have budget wise but they seem to have relied on the same  players for the last couple of years. I wouldn’t  say helston will be beating anyone easily at the minute 

31 minutes ago, The Town Man said:

If Helston have the quality in their reserve teams, they could do worse than promoting some of the more 'local' players.  Seeing progression through the ranks can give the whole club a boost and encourage everyone to strive to improve. Especially if you can see a chance in the first team as a result.

I suspect you would rather have a local player alongside you 'in the trenches' in these difficult times than another journeyman chasing the £££££s that has no real interest in the club.

Yes my point is he has better players in the 3rd team, but he'd rather scout the rest of Europe than work with the local players surely there comes a time when he realises things need changing let's get back to basics firstly why won't the locals play for him maybe time to look at his dug out and bring in someone with a bit more local knowledge someone that will take training sessions and update the tactics someone that could bond the team some of the present players would fit into this category ie: local. Oh by the way the 3rd team had a crowd of over 80 up there yesterday so the support is there if more locals played

44 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

To be fair millbrook are probably massively over achieving when you look at the squads. Not sure what they have budget wise but they seem to have relied on sand players for the last couple of years. I would say helston will be beating anyone easily at the minute 

Totally agree. They have no budget for players, small expenses for travel. Loyal group of players who have been there for several seasons. Will lose several players due to age, work and moving to other clubs so worrying times ahead need to promote the youngsters who want to play! Have to give them a chance to develop and feel part of the club 

3 hours ago, Xanie25 said:

Not quite sure they will beat us easily, yes it will be a tough game as always is down there as Helston have a good side, we are quietly doing what we need to do in our first season in this league as we have always done on our journey so far which hasn't done us any harm.

7 hours ago, FutureGK said:

No why would I travel to Ilfracombe to watch helston 😂😂😂

Thanks for the heads on on MOTD 😉

Because you’ve always got plenty of criticism of Helston??

5 hours ago, The Town Man said:

But they don’t!!

3 hours ago, Smiler said:

Yes my point is he has better players in the 3rd team, but he'd rather scout the rest of Europe than work with the local players surely there comes a time when he realises things need changing let's get back to basics firstly why won't the locals play for him maybe time to look at his dug out and bring in someone with a bit more local knowledge someone that will take training sessions and update the tactics someone that could bond the team some of the present players would fit into this category ie: local. Oh by the way the 3rd team had a crowd of over 80 up there yesterday so the support is there if more locals played

If you really think the third team have better players than the first team then you need to give your head a wobble. There are very few local players who are good enough and/or want to travel. 

11 minutes ago, le boss said:

But they don’t!!

If you really think the third team have better players than the first team then you need to give your head a wobble. There are very few local players who are good enough and/or want to travel. 

To be fair if there are players in the 2nd team or 3rd team who have no ambition to play for the first team they are at the wrong club . But with the results the way they are it wouldn’t hurt looking at players that can come in and make a difference.   

10 minutes ago, FutureGK said:

So so sensitive to other peoples opinions 😂😂

16 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

To be fair if there are players in the 2nd team or 3rd team who have no ambition to play for the first team they are at the wrong club . But with the results the way they are it wouldn’t hurt looking at players that can come in and make a difference.   

Don’t know if there’s much ambition but certainly not the quality. There is a dearth of quality local players.  

1 hour ago, le boss said:

But they don’t!!

There's the real crux of the matter for many clubs.

"Those who can and WANT to travel"

1 hour ago, le boss said:

But they don’t!!

After giving my head a wobble as asked by the expert

So to name a few Buchan,Eddy,Goldsworthy, Howlett,Stidwells,Robertson,Cattran,Fraser,Thirkle,Young, these all live in or around Helston, reference the travelling would the Europeans be traveling if the manager only had the club budget. Maybe you should pop up and watch the locals once in a while and then you can explain to them why they are not good enough.

58 minutes ago, Smiler said:

So to name a few Buchan,Eddy,Goldsworthy, Howlett,Stidwells,Robertson,Cattran,Fraser,Thirkle,Young, these all live in or around Helston, reference the travelling would the Europeans be traveling if the manager only had the club budget. Maybe you should pop up and watch the locals once in a while and then you can explain to them why they are not good enough.

Why is Matt buchan not playing ?? He was helston best player when He did  
I know he was playing at bideford but I got impressions he was coming back full time. 

2 hours ago, Smiler said:

No more of an expert than you I suppose. Out of deference to those you have named I would not individualise them but perhaps only 3 would be good enough. 

On 29/01/2022 at 19:52, kevin richards said:

100% agree Kevin, these guys have to realise its Cornish Football, its backwater stuff & to stop pretending to be like the proper players / managers they see on tv

2 hours ago, leedsunited said:

100% agree Kevin, these guys have to realise its Cornish Football, its backwater stuff & to stop pretending to be like the proper players / managers they see on tv

A lot of the players and managers on the TV are total dumb arses, they are just fortunate that they are reasonable at football, and had the good fortune to live where they live and get spotted.

Football is football at whatever level you play at.

12 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

A lot of the players and managers on the TV are total dumb arses, they are just fortunate that they are reasonable at football, and had the good fortune to live where they live and get spotted.

Football is football at whatever level you play at.

You & I both played with & against some players who, in my opinion, could have made it in the pro game if they lived elsewhere, I don’t think I can say that now.