Hayle                                 1-0           Falmouth Town  Reserves

Ludgvan                            P-P            Perranporth

Mousehole Dev               P-P         Illogan RBL

Redruth United               P-P            Porthleven

St Agnes                            2-4           Illogan RBL 

St Day                                P-P           Wendron United Reserves

St Ives Town                     P-P           Helston Athletic Reserves

4 hours ago, Steve Carpenter said:

The wet weather protocol has been implemented for this weekend i.e. games can be postponed by clubs today providing that:

a.    A responsible club official has checked the pitch conditions or.

b.    There is no realistic chance of play.

Regarding the Millbrook game,do their vets team use the same pitch?as we have a game their Sunday 

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Saturday 8 January 2022
20 minutes ago, Lannowethian said:

Kudos to Hayle & Falmouth Reserves players and the officials - an entertaining 1-0 win to the home team in conditions that might have tested Ranulph Fiennes at times (including a hail storm that sent about a quarter of the crowd running back into the clubhouse).

Yes a well-taken Cameron Irish goal was all that separated these two. In tricky conditions, Falmouth looked as if they were going to get a second-half leveller but in the end it wasn’t to be!

10 minutes ago, L.Gibbons said:

I'd be interested to know whether a referee looked at Bude's pitch this morning. It holds water up there and the way it's been throwing it down it surely had no chance of being on. Bet there's some angry blokes travelling back to Saltash.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/saltash-united-ressies-fc?qid=f99689022e5e44fcb775b34caf684e47

39 minutes ago, L.Gibbons said:

I'd be interested to know whether a referee looked at Bude's pitch this morning. It holds water up there and the way it's been throwing it down it surely had no chance of being on. Bet there's some angry blokes travelling back to Saltash.

The referee who called the game off lives in Bude. A bit of common sense could have seen an early inspection before Saltash 2nds left and saved a trip for everyone.

2 minutes ago, FootballChat said:

The referee who called the game off lives in Bude. A bit of common sense could have seen an early inspection before Saltash 2nds left and saved a trip for everyone.

The referee wasn’t appointed to the game until 12pm due to the original referee getting a flat tyre. So that probably wouldn’t have helped.

I don't think anyone is pointing the finger at the referee, especially when they were called in last minute. The responsible Club official inspecting the pitch this morning should've been able to see if it was playable or at least make a judgement on the weather forecast. If it was tight, ask the new referee to inspect prior to 12:15, or a further inspection from Bude (when I assume Saltash planned to leave) and have the conversation with Saltash.

12 minutes ago, L.Gibbons said:

I don't think anyone is pointing the finger at the referee, especially when they were called in last minute. The responsible Club official inspecting the pitch this morning should've been able to see if it was playable or at least make a judgement on the weather forecast. If it was tight, ask the new referee to inspect prior to 12:15, or a further inspection from Bude (when I assume Saltash planned to leave) and have the conversation with Saltash.

That makes far too much sense. We do not do that here!

9 hours ago, BrummyBarry said:

Before the referee starts getting targeted is it worth noting that the Saint Piran League put their wet weather protocol into place as detailed by Stephen Carpenter at the top of the page so is this not the home clubs fault

Absolutely the home clubs fault here. I don’t think anyone has intimated that the referee was at fault.

It didn’t take a genius to see that any games on grass yesterday were going to off!

Don't usually do reports, but thought as there wasn't many games I would give it a go.. no hate please 🤣

St Agnes 2-4 Illogan

Top 4 clash played at Truro college Astro...Conditions weren't great but it was game on!

10 minutes in 2 penalties conceded, torrential downpour... why did we agree to play this..🤣

St agnes had a couple more chances and could of found themselves a few more goals ahead.. we just couldn't settle down.

However the comeback started on around the 30th minute mark..  a whipped in corner.. bundled around In the 6 yard box and eventually Anton Oliver smashing in from 2 yards. More pressure from Illogan but no more goals.

Half time 2-1

Second half started scrappy with around 13 throwins being taken due to the wind and either team unable to get out.

Not to sure on timings but I would say around the 60th minute mark....Illogan were awarded a penalty. Macca Negus being fouled. Up stepped Archie Condie fresh from his winter Iceland break.. penalty saved...rebound scored.. forced to retake... retake scored.

Illogan were firmly on top now and it felt a matter of time before we would get another... Tom Butt was now on the field of play and made a big impact...chased a ball down which held up and beat the keeper to it Brought down right on the edge of the box.. Free Kick! Simon Ellis took the free kick and whacked one at the GK which was parried and Tom Butt was in the right place to tap in.. believed to be with his private parts.

2-3 with around 10 to go...still time for more drama... St Agnes left winger dug out a shot and the conditions made it difficult for Barrie but he pulled off a great save in the top corner.

Illogan were now at the stage of time wasting and holding the ball in the corner.. some say Ashley Smeeth could of got a parking ticket! St Agnes skipper Charlie Kemp clearly frustrated took his anger out on Tom Butt and received a straight Red.

Dying minutes and time for the best moment of the game....Anton oliver on the right nutmegs the full back and whacks one in the far bottom left corner from around 25 yards.. an absolute peach which killed the game.

Well done to St Agnes for getting the game played, especially as it was a rearranged Game.. and to the crowd who braved the conditions. 

Mark Rose in the middle...tough game with a lot of bitching from both teams but overall correct decisions on all the big calls I would say.

I’m absolutely devastated I had £15 left in the bank and had to ask a friend to lend me £10 so I could stick £25 of fuel in my car to drive to bude for the game I’m now broke as hell and left feeling gutted because I stuck all the money I had left in me car for the game, I love football but bude have made me feel like I hate it so much right now shame on you lot, now got nothing. Hope your happy because now I’ve got 2 flat tyres on way home and had to stay in a random house and still here.

15 minutes ago, Unknown20 said:

I’m absolutely devastated I had £15 left in the bank and had to ask a friend to lend me £10 so I could stick £25 of fuel in my car to drive to bude for the game I’m now broke as hell and left feeling gutted because I stuck all the money I had left in me car for the game, I love football but bude have made me feel like I hate it so much right now shame on you lot, now got nothing. Hope your happy because now I’ve got 2 flat tyres on way home and had to stay in a random house and still here.

Youd be in the same position then if the game was played. If your struggling that bad there is plenty of work on Saturdays from Tesco to dominos or maybe you could ref as youl have football and get paid for it 

2 hours ago, Unknown20 said:

Put your fishing rod away!