Mount Ambrose             1-5         Constantine Reserves

Stithians Reserves           0-8         Troon Reserves

DIVISION 4

Wendron United 5th      2-7         Falmouth United Reserves

St Just Reserves               1-0         St Keverne

Storm                                5-3         Goonhavern Athletic 3rd

9 minutes ago, Mr Justice said:

This is a worrying precedent being set. 

It is.  We have a Sunday League game in the morning which means that the Reserves players that had agreed to play in that must travel straight from Falmouth to Helston for a second game, some of them can't play so we've had to call on more Flexi League players.

We see it as being pro-active but it is simply papering over the cracks.  

I think it is absolutely ludicrous that we are forced to have someone with absolutely no refereeing experience or sound knowledge of the Laws of the Game being thrown into a situation where they have absolutely no idea what to do.  We have trained and experienced referees that have tough games in The Trelawny League, games that test them - however the FA find it necessary to chuck someone completely unqualified into these games a Match Officials.  'It's okay, they have the full power of a registered referee'... That's all well and good but they don't have the knowledge or experience to deal with it.  

Personally, I will not let someone from my Club be put in that situation.  It isn't fair and all we are doing is covering a problem.  Whilst the FA are fully aware of the situation at the grassroots level, the games are being played so no issues arise in terms of fixture congestion.  Everything is fine and dandy!

Storm v goonhavern thirds is going ahead despite goonhavern trying their best to not make it so

refused an early kick off to guarantee a ref, refused to reverse the fixture (the council haven’t marked storms pitch) and will probably now moan because one of our lads has to ref it.

crazy times at amateur level 

Goonhavern players are based in a holiday area and many of our players wirk on Saturday mornings and therefore we cannot make early kick offs.

Our ground is shared with Perranporth Cricket Club who have a league match this afternoon and therefore the facilities are not available

Each week we mark our own pitch, and set it out pre-season, so what is your problem with doing it once in the season.

I wish you would get your facts right.

10 minutes ago, Foot Loose 1 said:

Goonhavern players are based in a holiday area and many of our players wirk on Saturday mornings and therefore we cannot make early kick offs.

Our ground is shared with Perranporth Cricket Club who have a league match this afternoon and therefore the facilities are not available

Each week we mark our own pitch, and set it out pre-season, so what is your problem with doing it once in the season.

I wish you would get your facts right.

I wish I was better looking but some things just won’t work out

we aren’t moaning about marking the pitch ourselves we have paid the council to do it and they haven’t got round to it that’s all

Troon 3-2 St Just (HT 3-1)

After finding themselves 3-0 down inside 15 mins to some quality finishing, it was an uphill battle for St Just. With the score at 3-2 after 60 mins, St Just missed a penalty and 3 gilt edged chances, but to their credit Troon held strong and battled well to earn all 3 points.

St Just 2nds meanwhile were back to winning ways, winning 1-0 at home to St Keverne. 

Trelawny prem

Praze 8-0 stithians

90 minutes of complete dominance for the home side, playing excellent football.

credit to the away side who played over a half with 10 men, they never stopped playing.

another mention for Martin Williams who took the whistle again today after no ref was appointed. Had his share of mistakes but very good despite.

Onto junior cup!

2 hours ago, ArseneWanger said:

Trelawny prem

Praze 8-0 stithians

credit to the away side who played over a half with 10 men, they never stopped playing.

another mention for Martin Williams who took the whistle again today after no ref was appointed. Had his share of mistakes but very good despite.

Onto junior cup!

Well done Fudge.

4 hours ago, ArseneWanger said:

Trelawny prem

Praze 8-0 stithians

Onto junior cup!

Beaten by the better team no complaints from us, a very good side you have to here, thanks to Martin for reffing done a good job, thanks for the food after the game. See you on the return game

4 hours ago, ArseneWanger said:

Trelawny prem

Praze 8-0 stithians

Onto junior cup!

Martin has now stepped up to officiate a couple of games. Legend. 

10 hours ago, Dave Bartlam said:

Martin has now stepped up to officiate a couple of games. Legend. 

Stepping up to ref makes you realise why there are no refs around.  When you get a decision right, half those on the pitch think you are wrong.  All remember the odd decision you get wrong, but not the 100 you got right.  Even when fair, as affiliated to one of the teams, you cant win.  Refs need to be paid £30 a game minimum.  I do it because I have to but dont mind too much.  I've got lots to learn... We all need to respect the refs out there...

3 hours ago, Wildee said:

Stepping up to ref makes you realise why there are no refs around.  When you get a decision right, half those on the pitch think you are wrong.  All remember the odd decision you get wrong, but not the 100 you got right.  Even when fair, as affiliated to one of the teams, you cant win.  Refs need to be paid £30 a game minimum.  I do it because I have to but dont mind too much.  I've got lots to learn... We all need to respect the refs out there...

Please referees, use the option of the sin bin much more. That is what it is for, so you don't have to take abuse. Hit a players's pochet with a fine plus losing ten minutes on the pitch will eventually make him and his team mates stop abusing you.

Don't let players get away with it. Stamp down between now and Christmas - ALL OF YOU

5 hours ago, Wildee said:

Doing a cracking job mate and I’m sure all that playing experience helps. 👏👍

3 hours ago, cornishteddyboy said:

Please referees, use the option of the sin bin much more. That is what it is for, so you don't have to take abuse. Hit a players's pochet with a fine plus losing ten minutes on the pitch will eventually make him and his team mates stop abusing you.

Don't let players get away with it. Stamp down between now and Christmas - ALL OF YOU

There is no fine.

On 12/09/2021 at 09:32, Wildee said:

100% agree, can see why there are shortage of refs and all you get is winged at and snide little comments. I’ve been the person winging at the ref I won’t lie but it’s not until you put yourself in their shoes you understand and respect what they do. I stepped in ( I’m qualified but still to do with the team due to my son playing ) away to Tregony, got a lot of grief as I expected, may not have got every decision right but let game flow as I saw it. Most of the players fine after, guy I’m assuming was in charge said he thought I was absolutely fair which was great but one guy refused to shake my hand and just said “ no chance “ 🤷. Think VAR in football has made life harder for local refs as players forget they have nt got it in Trelawny football 😂😂. Be nice to see more players who are finishing their playing years take up the whistle but like me maybe that may be pushing it with the wives and family’s . Good luck to all the people stepping in this season 👍