Cornwall Football Forum

cancellations/postponements

With loads of PSF's being cancelled due "to unforseen circumstances" which I assume to be Covid infections are we to expect many  postponements to League/Cup fixtures from the end of the month.?

The latest Government prediction model sees the "3rd.Wave"  rates to peak in August with 100.000 cases a day and 1000 hospital admissions / 200 deaths  per day.

39 minutes ago, Mike Odgers said:

With loads of PSF's being cancelled due "to unforseen circumstances" which I assume to be Covid infections are we to expect many  postponements to League/Cup fixtures from the end of the month.?

The latest Government prediction model sees the "3rd.Wave"  rates to peak in August with 100.000 cases a day and 1000 hospital admissions / 200 deaths  per day.

I would say yes. Can't see anybody being allowed to play if they have covid or show symptoms. Mind you, the way it's going we will all have it, vaccinated or not 🙄

Pre season friendlies are one thing (and I know that several clubs really need the revenue from the higher profile matches after 18 months of COVID blowing a hole in their finances), but we are only three weeks away from the start of the season proper. With over 500,000 people being "pinged" in the past seven days and being forced to self isolate (and it's only going to get worse) there have to be real concerns about mass cancellations and fixture chaos. 

27 minutes ago, Way Of The Park said:

Pre season friendlies are one thing (and I know that several clubs really need the revenue from the higher profile matches after 18 months of COVID blowing a hole in their finances), but we are only three weeks away from the start of the season proper. With over 500,000 people being "pinged" in the past seven days and being forced to self isolate (and it's only going to get worse) there have to be real concerns about mass cancellations and fixture chaos. 

Correction, it's actually over 1.6million in the week to the 7th July!!!! (source; The Guardian, 16th July 2021).

On 16/07/2021 at 09:51, 100%cornish said:

Mine too Mike had all the pre season matches marked up i was going to watch and now they are just crossed off and even more for Tmmrw heard Newquay match is off 

What Newquay match are you saying tonights second team match is off ?

On 16/07/2021 at 12:29, Footy follower said:

From mid August if you have had both jabs you won't have to isolate if just a contact.. Will cut down the amount of isolations Considerably

Yea the Vets league will be okay as they will all be double jabbed..🤣...I imagine most under 30s are due the second jab early September 

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

Its disgusting that Torpoint have cancelled yet again there match this evening here in Newquay the club has the officials and food laid on for tonights game with a 7 30ko  hopefully a big club will step in and pay the game tonight how about it Mousehole .Saltash or Helston 

Can't be helped. It's going to keep happening so just aswel get used to it.

I do feel the covid isolation excuse is getting used far too much  now. when players or teams don’t fancy a midweek game they arranged ages ago but now can’t raise a side.    And it does effect clubs who have laid on food and relying on gate money to help in the season. 

Be interested to see how many times this happens in the season when the big long midweek trips are due. 

2 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

But the club has all the food  ready officials , was looking forward to seeing Torpoint and Ryan Richards got to make do with Newquay vs St Mawgan now 

Can't be helped. If they have a covid issue better not travel than add to the covid capital's problems.

1 hour ago, 100%cornish said:

Torpoint couldnt raise a team why dont they just say they didnt fancy the traffic ,they 2nd team is playing Liskeard so they could of used some of them .I cant blame them with the traffic like ir is it took me 40mins just to get out of Newquay last night its so bad here 

Then Liskeard wouldn't of had a game 🙄 

I really don't think the traffic had anything to do with it.

Watched Newquay vs St Mawgan tonight think final score was 11 -1 , thought they was going to get 20 god knows how many Phil Lowry scored . Newquay where really good but they havnt really played anyone yet i thought Cribbs was a good result until i heard 4 of there best payers where not even in the squad for Saturdays match because they enjoyed the bright lights of Newquay to much and there was 8 different players from the team that played Camelford the night before and a ot of youngsters played in the Newquay match . Newquay now got 3 big game starting with Leroy Lita and his Nuneaton side this Saturday hes there  captain and is no4 so he will be needed to be marked ,they then got Liskeard away then the biggy my title Favourite at Mt Wise St Blazey . This is the best Newquay side i have seen for years and i will say they will be pushing for the title this year .Onto Saturday 

5 hours ago, silly billy said:

Can't be helped. If they have a covid issue better not travel than add to the covid capital's problems.

Newquay announced the game on their Fb page this morning! Not sure how long it has been arranged but this is the second pp of the game. Information is power, let’s have some!

9 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

Those figures are frightening Mike but it is expected with the crowds down here 

Agreed 100%, but if what we have been told is correct, they can also be misleading .
The analagy that we were presented with was this, if having tested positive for covid you have a heart attack within 28 days of that test and die as a result, the cause of death on your death certificate, will show as Covid 19 related.
Covid is a dangerous and killer disease and as we have previously said, should be treated with the utmost respect for oneself and others around us.
However if the figures are manipulated in this way, they remain challenging, but not entirely correct.

I agree with you we two i think the Covid death figures are being exagerated the majority of deaths are old people anyway lots in there 90s who die they put Covid related on the death certificates even though they have died from old age ,it will all come out in the future another conspiracy theory 

15 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

Watched Newquay vs St Mawgan tonight think final score was 11 -1 , thought they was going to get 20 god knows how many Phil Lowry scored . Newquay where really good but they havnt really played anyone yet i thought Cribbs was a good result until i heard 4 of there best payers where not even in the squad for Saturdays match because they enjoyed the bright lights of Newquay to much and there was 8 different players from the team that played Camelford the night before and a ot of youngsters played in the Newquay match . Newquay now got 3 big game starting with Leroy Lita and his Nuneaton side this Saturday hes there  captain and is no4 so he will be needed to be marked ,they then got Liskeard away then the biggy my title Favourite at Mt Wise St Blazey . This is the best Newquay side i have seen for years and i will say they will be pushing for the title this year .Onto Saturday 

100% - yes Cribbs were a different team, but Newquay still played well, especially in the first half, before their subs - you can only play what’s in front of you. I think Newquay will take some beating this season, as I said in my earlier post - the game ended up close because Cribbs brought on good subs but I felt Newquay’s subs were a bit light - except Jack B-E, so over a season they may need to just strengthen their squad a little bit. 

22 minutes ago, Bobjfh said:

100% - yes Cribbs were a different team, but Newquay still played well, especially in the first half, before their subs - you can only play what’s in front of you. I think Newquay will take some beating this season, as I said in my earlier post - the game ended up close because Cribbs brought on good subs but I felt Newquay’s subs were a bit light - except Jack B-E, so over a season they may need to just strengthen their squad a little bit. 

Cribbs usually field a lot of university students, they then have a very different line up once term starts. Heard the new Newquay boss on the podcast a few months, he sounded very impressive. On their day, and with a full strength eleven, they could be a match for most sides, but unavailability of players and not being to get a run of games with everyone available, seems to be a recurring problem (as with many other clubs).

4 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

I agree with you we two i think the Covid death figures are being exagerated the majority of deaths are old people anyway lots in there 90s who die they put Covid related on the death certificates even though they have died from old age ,it will all come out in the future another conspiracy theory 

!!!!! Oh dear

Helston 2nds appear to have a covid issue and have cancelled todays (31/07/21) visit to Sticker according to Stickers twitter account.
We had intended to go to Kellaway park to watch some football this afternoon, but will their matches there also be cancelled as there is no notice shown anywhere else of any of Helstons games being cancelled ??

3 hours ago, We Two said:

Helston 2nds appear to have a covid issue and have cancelled todays (31/07/21) visit to Sticker according to Stickers twitter account.
We had intended to go to Kellaway park to watch some football this afternoon, but will their matches there also be cancelled as there is no notice shown anywhere else of any of Helstons games being cancelled ??

Come down to bickland Park instead we two .1rst team home to mousehole development team . K.O. 3.30