Cornwall Football Forum

St Blazey v Windmill

St Blazey begin their pre season with a testimonial for joint manager Shaun Vincent who was involved at Windmill for 11 years. Admision is £3. All proceeds are going to our charity of the year, Childrens Hospice South West. There will be the usual 50-50 draw, Tea hut open and the clubhouse open all day as usual. 

Kick off 2.00pm. 

Will pop down see this .... Although a Testimonial for no disrespect a 'nobody' at St. Blazey FC seems a little odd? Joint managing the worst St.Blazey side in history!  If for instance a testimonial for the likes of  Blazey greats like Glyn Hooper, Ian Gosling, Justin 'Harri' Harrington etc were organised back in their playing days myself & other's from the social club/supporters would understand & applaud, but nobody even knows who this guy Vincent is even when he walks in the Bar! 🤣

30 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

Will pop down see this .... Although a Testimonial for no disrespect a 'nobody' at St. Blazey FC seems a little odd? Joint managing the worst St.Blazey side in history!  If for instance a testimonial for the likes of  Blazey greats like Glyn Hooper, Ian Gosling, Justin 'Harri' Harrington etc were organised back in their playing days myself & other's from the social club/supporters would understand & applaud, but nobody even knows who this guy Vincent is even when he walks in the Bar! 🤣

Probably someone who prefers to be in the background and is keen to help those less fortunate than himself, such as Childrens Hospice South West.
All the best " Mr Nobody '' pity there aren't a few more like you in our game where the mantra seems to  be " What's in it for me? ''

12 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

We were merely laughing that a 'testimonial' for a guy who has been at St Blazey for 10 games is a bit extreme ...

But has been at Windmill ( the opposition ) for 11 years, why do people search for a negative angle about such worthy attempts to help a cause that we all hope that we will never have to use.

St Blazey 3v2 Windmill. Att. 68

A healthy crowd for the opening pre season fixture of the season. Windmill took the lead before St Blazey equalised soon after. In the second half Vooght was sin binned but St Blazey took the lead while down to 10 men. Windmill equalised after McGhee was caught with the ball and the shot from distance flew in the top corner. St Blazey won it late on with a goal 10 minutes from time with a header from close range from Eke

Thank you for the compliment Leeds. Its coming on. We need some rain soon or the sprinklers will be out. 

1 hour ago, Rayvon said:

A bit disrespectful in my opinion.

You just worry about getting cheap digs on the Legend that is Mark Rapsey ... We still not forgiven your remarks on Rappo appearing for lots of teams in their pre season photograph's Rayvon trying to humiliate ...  acting a goat. 

My respect for Trevor  will live forever, don't try & open that can of worms Ray

13 hours ago, leedsunited said:

You just worry about getting cheap digs on the Legend that is Mark Rapsey ... We still not forgiven your remarks on Rappo appearing for lots of teams in their pre season photograph's Rayvon trying to humiliate ...  acting a goat. 

My respect for Trevor  will live forever, don't try & open that can of worms Ray

Just brush up on your spelling Leeds and the situation won't arise again. As for Mark it was a genuine mistake for which I apologised, something you never seem to do but if you think your Mr Perfect I assume you are exempt. As for St Blazey would love to see them back where they belong, one of the sleeping giants of Cornish football. :c:

On 29/06/2019 at 12:26, leedsunited said:

I didn't question the financial benefactor's of the game, as it's for a wonderful cause. We were merely laughing that a 'testimonial' for a guy who has been at St Blazey for 10 games is a bit extreme 

I think it's for his 11 years managing the Windmill

On 29/06/2019 at 19:44, leedsunited said:

Did you attend Herbie? Thought the pitch was immaculate 

No i did not go, I know quite a few of the windmill lads the pub is a stones throw from where I live

Edited by herbie777

On 29/06/2019 at 19:16, leedsunited said:

We were trying to work out what league Windmill are in ? Also a few said it was Windmill Reserves? 

It was windmill reserves from last season as windmill have gone from 2 teams to one team now so they will be first team this year 

1 hour ago, Iand said:

What position does he normally play?

Just in front of the burger van, holding a tray of chips (Best as a deep lying playmaker, or as the central player in a back three. Decent at passing and keeping the ball and has a shot on him, not the quickest and don't ask him to tackle).

22 minutes ago, Way Of The Park said:

Lance Bailey is from a once common  breed of footballer that used to be known as a "stroller." Great on the ball and a lovely passer, but don't expect them to do too much chasing back or defending. 

He going to need to chase back & defend in that side I'm afraid 🤣

44 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

He going to need to chase back & defend in that side I'm afraid 🤣

How can you possibly know that leeds when you’ve probably never seen more than three or four of those players before ??? I’m surprised they ever let you near that club