Cornwall Football Forum

Falmouth - Saltash Cup final

89th minute goal gave Saltash a win.

Disappointing from both teams with chances at a premium.

F-Troop gave it a proper cup atmosphere but Falmouth were surprisingly poor and corners barely reached the near post.

Naughty Saltash fans letting off flares and smoke bombs after being told not to!

Thought the referee was pretty good, although the linesman saw a handball in the area but awarded a free kick to the Ashes when it should have been a penalty to Falmouth but you win some, you lose some.

Well done Saltash.

Back from St Blazey watching the final wasnt the best of games Falmouth werent there usual fluent play they had JORDAN ANNEAR playing for them and he didnt look fit and didnt do much at all really .I thought when i saw the teams come out and Saltash had 2 of there best players not playing in the brilliant striker RYAN RICHARDS AND THE BRILLIANT DEFENDER CALLUM O,BRIEN there could be only 1 winner .Saltash sucked up all the pressure Falmouth could throw at them and right at the end of the match Joe Cooper and the defenders so good usually and defending let in i think it was No 3 Dave Barker for a headed winner .It was a brilliant bit of management by Cusack and Bunney playing just Sam Hughes up front on his own and hitting Falmouth on the break and the winner came after a series of Saltash Corners and against all odds they came up with the winner to send the Falmouth fans home dissapointed .My MOM for SALTASH THERE GOALKEEPER RYAN RICKARD AND FOR FALMOUTH hard to pick really they just didnt play like they could but i will give it to JOE COOPER hes still a top player .Nice afternoon in the sun attendance 585 only 1 complaint they never had enough programs printed and i didnt get 1 i went in the gate where they said if you had the right money come this way by doing this i never got a program so dissapointed with that .Well Done SALTASH brilliant display hard luck on FALMOUTH but its nice to share the cups out ,you won with your support and noise .Smokie met some lovely people and i was talking to the chairman of MILLBROOK FC really nice bloke

Hope someone prints the teams of the final so i can put them in my photo album ,pity couldnt of got a program bit bad that for a final St Blazey should of printed more maybe if i contact them with my name and address and money to cover cost they would send me 1 .I  have put all the photos i took today on the Cornish Soccer site on FaceBook if anyone wants to look

45 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

Hope someone prints the teams of the final so i can put them in my photo album ,pity couldnt of got a program bit bad that for a final St Blazey should of printed more maybe if i contact them with my name and address and money to cover cost they would send me 1 .I  have put all the photos i took today on the Cornish Soccer site on FaceBook if anyone wants to look

St Blazey didnt print them. The SWPL did. Todays crowd was a record for the league cup final. 

1 hour ago, 100%cornish said:

Falmouth: Ryan Barnes,  David Blizzard,  Ollie Moody, Ryan Martt, Joe Cooper (c), James Ward, Luke Brabyn, David Broglino, Martyn Duff, Jordan Annear,  Tim Nixon.  (1-11)

12. Matt Buchan, 14. Sam Pickup, 15. Jack Webber, 16. Andy Westgarth,  17. Jack Bowyer. 

Saltash: 1 Ryan Rickard,  2 David Barker, 3 Callum Martindale,  6 David Trott, 8 Sam Farrant (c), 9 Sam Hughes, 11 Daniel Lewis, 15 Lewis Edwards, 16 Henry Wilson, 17 Chris Menhenick,  18 Shaun Cleary.

Subs 19 Jamie Simmonds, 21 Caleb Summerfield, 23 Lee Phillip's, GK Shaun Hillier

Hi Steve, I was summarising for Mark at Piran Films yesterday next to commentator Dave Gibbins and we were given a few programmes and I picked up two at the end and seeing Falmouth lost you can have one of mine! The one I’ve not written all over!! PM me your address on here and I’ll chuck it in the post tomorrow mate. Pay you back for all those photos you did of me over the years!!! 👍

Thanks Mark its 17 ESTUARY VIEW ,TREGUNNEL HILL ,NEWQUAY ,TR7 1QX .Thats really good of you see u at some grounds in the future .Thakyou also to Whistle Blower for putting yeterdays teams up as well  now i can put in my photo albums ,think i need to find a bigeer place to live all my cupboard are full of photo albums with football photos in 60 are just from Plyouth matches then theres the London matches i have been to . I must be bloody mad

1 hour ago, 100%cornish said:

Thanks Mark its 17 ESTUARY VIEW ,TREGUNNEL HILL ,NEWQUAY ,TR7 1QX .Thats really good of you see u at some grounds in the future .Thakyou also to Whistle Blower for putting yeterdays teams up as well  now i can put in my photo albums ,think i need to find a bigeer place to live all my cupboard are full of photo albums with football photos in 60 are just from Plyouth matches then theres the London matches i have been to . I must be bloody mad

Yes!

Best memory of this day was the excellent venue provided by St Blazey FC.

Top notch match day management, friendly competent staff, first class ground presentation and a superb playing surface, well done indeed. Credit to non league football.

Well done to the F Troop for adding some atmosphere. Saltash replied with a pound shop flare?

Hate to say it but the game was an absolute shocker, extremely pleased we didn't have to suffer extra time.

8 hours ago, RAPPO said:

Just gone in the post 1st class Steve, with my sisters birthday card. Hopefully you’ll get it asap mate? Hope so, it’s her birthday tomorrow!!! 😁🤔

Deb will be delighted to get a cup final programme ! 😁😂🤣