Cornwall Football Forum

Wishing Michael all the best it was a horrible collision right when Truro were pushing for an equaliser. The main talking point other than the injury is will the game be replayed, Concord obviously would not relish another midweek visit to Truro. The FA will be making a decision next week.

With 76 minutes played and an important game concerning a relegation battle I would say a replayed game is inevitable. 

In days of old the replayed game might be staged at a ground somewhere in between like maybe Exeter (or Torquay!) But would probably be in Truro. 

In Spain I believe they'd get everyone together to play the 14 minutes.

4 hours ago, cornishteddyboy said:

Truro 0-1 Concord Rangers

This defeat in front of 403 spectators sees Truro drop into the relegation zone with 4 games to play. At the top, over 4000 at second placed Woking as they draw with leaders Torquay.

Defeat CTB?

I believe it has to be discussed by the league, so no decision till then, can't be reported as anything else until the meeting.  Herve still lying on the pitch 2 and a half hours later I hear, shocking state of affairs, would get better response in a third world country. Hope none of us ever need an ambulance.

Not the first time that  this has happened at Trehew Road in recent times.

Three season's ago in the FA County Youth Cup against Cornwall a Guernsey Under 18's lad, suffering from concussion was waiting for 2 hours or more in the technical area for an ambulance. Don't ask me why a passing vehicle could not have looked in on the lad, plenty passed the ground during that time.

Unfortunately it's the world we live in these days - cardiacs, strokes and immediate threat to life are the ones that get the ambulance first and then everything else once the ED has received the patient on the wards and the ambulance back out on calls, with the hospital at near capacity most of the time, and probably as Ian Leigh is a paramedic the call would have most likely been downgraded. My old man had to wait 2 hours for an ambulance after having a fall in the bathroom with a history of pneumonia.

I do remember a time at Treyew when a visiting keeper fell awkwardly and broke his leg going for the ball and the ambulance was coming in to the car park just as I was finishing the call, but that was about 10 years ago.

Perhaps it's time to have a private provider in attendance?

1 hour ago, Rayvon said:

Thank you once again for your valued opinion Leeds, this will mean that the game will definitely be replayed, keep up the good work. :yahoo:

Think he is not far wrong. Depending on league/FA rules, After a period of playing time if the game is abandoned the result will stand. 

I wonder if moving a player, even into a more comfortable position invalidates an insurance claim for compensation. Same if someone is in a car accident and the car catches fire. Your first instinct would be to somehow get them out but you could make an injury worse depending how you remove them. Are insurance companies, cos you hear so many stories nowadays about them, that picky to reduce the payout. 

https://www.cornwalllive.com/sport/stricken-footballer-waits-almost-three-2730643

1 hour ago, cornishteddyboy said:

I wonder if moving a player, even into a more comfortable position invalidates an insurance claim for compensation. Same if someone is in a car accident and the car catches fire. Your first instinct would be to somehow get them out but you could make an injury worse depending how you remove them. Are insurance companies, cos you hear so many stories nowadays about them, that picky to reduce the payout. 

https://www.cornwalllive.com/sport/stricken-footballer-waits-almost-three-2730643

As usual someone who talks some common sense unlike some I could mention. Under the circumstances I would think the FA will have no alternative than to replay the game especially as the possibility of relegation is involved. 

From the Concord local paper:-

CONCORD Rangers were left frustrated as their National League South encounter with Truro City was abandoned with less than 20 minutes remaining.

The Beach Boys were 1-0 ahead and on course for reaching the play-off places thanks to Sam Ashford's first half strike.

But Truro's Michael Hervé suffered a suspected broken arm and the referee called the fixture off after a discussion with the home side's chairman at Treyew Road.

And Concord first team coach Darren Beale admitted Concord were frustrated on their long trip back to south Essex from Cornwall.

"Jack Midson and their player clashed and he fell awkwardly," said Beale.

"Both physios treated him on the pitch and tried to put him in the most comfortable position possible while an ambulance was called.

"The ambulance service said that, due to the amount of pain he was in, he was not to be moved.

"Both teams' physios managed to get him on a stretcher but weren't allowed to move him anymore than that.

"The referee came to us and said 'I know it's a long trip for you so we will play on when the ambulance is here and taken the player away'.

"But Truro's chairman told the referee that they had no security officers after 6pm and so the game was abandoned."

Beale confirmed that Hervé was still on the pitch waiting for an ambulance when Concord's team coach left Treyew Road two-and-a-half hours after the incident took place.

And the Beach Boys are likely to have to return to Cornwall to replay the fixture.

"We're scouring through the rulebook to see what will happen because the referee was initially going to allow the game to finish, regardless of how long we had to wait for the ambulance," added Beale.

"It was only because of the chairman saying there were no security officers at the ground after 6pm that the game didn't finish.

"It's a long trip for the players and supporters and if we have to go back to replay the game in midweek then it will take out another two days because of travelling.

"We think it will be replayed and, unfortunately, things like this happen.

"But these things make you stronger."

Ashford, fresh from scoring his first goal for the club in the win over Weston-super-Mare last time out, beat the offside trap and slotted home to put Concord in control with 27 minutes on the clock.

Concord created further chances to extend their lead before the abandonment.

"It was a good, solid performance up until the match was abandoned," admitted Beale.

"We created quite a lot of chances and should have been 2-0 up by half-time.

"They are fighting for their lives and we had to weather the storm in the second half, but we should have been out of sight by then."

8 hours ago, Rayvon said:

Thank you once again for your valued opinion Leeds, this will mean that the game will definitely be replayed, keep up the good work. :yahoo:

Rayvon, perhaps you should point out how The Dirty's messed up at Birmingham and allowed the mighty Blades to leepfrog them.

1 hour ago, crabpot said:

Rayvon, perhaps you should point out how The Dirty's messed up at Birmingham and allowed the mighty Blades to leepfrog them.

I didn't want to upset my friend at Bodmin any further as after loosing at home as well yesterday  I heard he was seen close to the railway line at St Blazey with an Amaretto Sour laced with Angostura bitter in his hand. 

2 hours ago, Rayvon said:

I feel a song coming on, was it not the Beach Boys who had a No. 1 hit with "Do it again" and I expect the only Good Vibrations they were picking up on the journey home would have been from the shock absorbers on the coach. 

1968 number one, the Beach Boys second UK chart topper after Good Vibrations. 

I remember I believe it was Steve Nute as a keeper who broke his leg at Truro playing for Launceston in the early 1990s. A few years before that,  Ray Nicholls' playing career was ended following a broken leg sustained by an accidental challenge with Falmouth's Graham Heard. Charlie Legg's career was never the same when he broke his leg at Treyew Road playing for Porthleven.

2 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Just watched the video. 

The fellas was on the stretcher, can't see why he was not carried off!

That's why you were a groundsman and not a paramedic Older.:thumbsup:

Just watched the video. 

That's why you were a groundsman and not a paramedic Older.:thumbsup:.

Just watched the video. 

If it happened down Penryn you would have probably carried him off in your wheelbarrow.

2 hours ago, Rayvon said:

That's why you were a groundsman and not a paramedic Older.:thumbsup:

That's why you were a groundsman and not a paramedic Older.:thumbsup:.

If it happened down Penryn you would have probably carried him off in your wheelbarrow.

Tough boys down here ...he would've walked off, had a couple of pints and then gone to casualty.