Cornwall Football Forum

Treyew Road to host Trophy!

STATEMENT: Early Christmas present for Truro City supporters

Permission given for Treyew Road return for Buildbase FA Trophy tie...

?url=images.pitchero.com%2Fui%2F2261139%

From Truro City Football Club website

FOLLOWING discussions today with both The National League and The Football Association, we are delighted to announce that we have been given permission to play our Buildbase FA Trophy first round tie against Weston super Mare at Treyew Road on Saturday, December 15th, subject to obtaining the ground grading by no later than 5.00pm on Thursday 13th December. 
Given that the schedule of repairs has been completed, obtaining the ground grading should now be a formality. 
We look forward welcoming all supporters back to Treyew Road and joining us in the Clubhouse after the game where there will be a players' presentation.
This news marks yet another important milestone in history of the club.

12 minutes ago, Mike Odgers said:

I would have thought they would of held off until after the New Year Home game with Torquay---There would be a bigger gate at Plainmoor than Treyew Road.

The Trophy game is a one off Mike - league until after New Year as far as I am aware are still to be at Torquay.

On 28/11/2018 at 19:37, Mrgreen said:

Seems like good news, for most people.

look forward to seeing what progress, if any, the team has made since last season.

Progress.???????????????????????????????????????

You clown.

We are in a relegation battle at the moment and knocked out the F.A.Cup,and playing at Torquay.

Last season we were in the play-off position's,looking forward to a  F.A.Cup 1st rd proper,trip to  Charlton,and playing at Treyew Rd all season.

How the are we progressing.

6 hours ago, somersetspur said:

Progress.???????????????????????????????????????

You clown.

We are in a relegation battle at the moment and knocked out the F.A.Cup,and playing at Torquay.

Last season we were in the play-off position's,looking forward to a  F.A.Cup 1st rd proper,trip to  Charlton,and playing at Treyew Rd all season.

How the are we progressing.

No need for name calling :SM_carton:

As for last season I seem  to remember that at the beginning of the season you forecast that Truro would be on a relegation battle!!:rolleyes:

16 minutes ago, Goldeneye said:

No need for name calling :SM_carton:

As for last season I seem  to remember that at the beginning of the season you forecast that Truro would be on a relegation battle!!:rolleyes:

It wasnt about my forecast.

The clown said he is looking forward to seeing if any progress has been made.

And here's me thinking there was only one clown on here.:yahoo::yahoo:

• 2 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

WHAT! £15 ... will not be going to that.

Yes, I thought there might be really cheap entry to get as many into the ground as possible and to get people back into the habit of watching at Treyew Road, even if it is only to the end of the season. Still, there you go....

Bit of a p##s take. Be a small crowd there tomorrow at those prices and the weather. Don’t understand the sense in it at all. I know just from myself and mate that there will be 6 people less because of the price. Last year I think it was £13 and kids for free and they were riding high. I’m guessing those prices be one of the most expensive in the league? Shocking. Just don’t get it 

Sounds like there is a total disconnect between the people in charge, the supporters......and reality!!!

It's not just about the money but more about the fact that they have denied most of their support ANY local football at all this year and now when they do come back temporarily the price is hiked up!! Bad message which to me says they don't care.

Big own goal I am afraid.

27 minutes ago, The Town Man said:

Sounds like there is a total disconnect between the people in charge, the supporters......and reality!!!

It's not just about the money but more about the fact that they have denied most of their support ANY local football at all this year and now when they do come back temporarily the price is hiked up!! Bad message which to me says they don't care.

Big own goal I am afraid.

It seems all prices are on the up. Falmouth Town is now Six pounds, the most expensive in the swpl prevents me from going.

1 hour ago, Tom Trust said:

Yes, I thought there might be really cheap entry to get as many into the ground as possible and to get people back into the habit of watching at Treyew Road, even if it is only to the end of the season. Still, there you go....

Agree with that ...well said.

25 minutes ago, BIG AL said:

It seems all prices are on the up. Falmouth Town is now Six pounds, the most expensive in the swpl prevents me from going.

Well, it doesn't really stop you from going. But ... I understand where you're coming from. 

6 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Well, it doesn't really stop you from going. But ... I understand where you're coming from. 

6 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Yes it Really does stop me from going, it is a lot of money from a very limited income.

12 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

WHAT! £15 ... will not be going to that.

Only 10 squid for you Older and retired for now, cheap at half the price. You have to pay for quality I'm afraid. :c:

18 minutes ago, Gazer said:

Got a rescue dog from st francis dog home at newquay 

BEF44142-DE02-44BF-9617-DBF48F23E369.jpeg

26 minutes ago, Rayvon said:

Only 10 squid for you Older and retired for now, cheap at half the price. You have to pay for quality I'm afraid. :c:

My pension won't stretch THAT far!!!!

40 minutes ago, Gazer said:

Got a rescue dog from st francis dog home at newquay 

BEF44142-DE02-44BF-9617-DBF48F23E369.jpeg

And what a beauty he is ... man's best friend.

11 hours ago, Goldeneye said:

A lot of supporters that would have gone to Treyew Road between August and December have not gone to Torquay, so I'm just wondering what you've all done with the money you've saved? :mellow:

Quite a few of them have been at bickland park watching local lads play at only £6 admission .👍

With Truro charging £15 for adults and £5 for kids though the following comparison might be of interest.

Hereford v Utd of Billericay  (which is arguably one of the ties of the round). Seat in the main stand £12 for adults,  Under 16s £1

Barnet v Bath (also a  interesting tie) £10 and £1

The only comparative ticket price is Harrogate v York (a local derby) at £15 and £6

If you want to step it up several notches, both in quality of stadium and level of football.

FA Cup  3rd Round

Fulham v Oldam,  £10 Adults £1 under 16s

Or if you fancy a trip to the Ethiad.

Man City v Rotherham £16.50 and Under 18s £2.50

I will be suprised is there are over 300 at Treyew Road tomorrow. 

29 minutes ago, Roy of the Rovers said:

With Truro charging £15 for adults and £5 for kids though the following comparison might be of interest.

Hereford v Utd of Billericay  (which is arguably one of the ties of the round). Seat in the main stand £12 for adults,  Under 16s £1

Barnet v Bath (also a  interesting tie) £10 and £1

The only comparative ticket price is Harrogate v York (a local derby) at £15 and £6

If you want to step it up several notches, both in quality of stadium and level of football.

FA Cup  3rd Round

Fulham v Oldam,  £10 Adults £1 under 16s

Or if you fancy a trip to the Ethiad.

Man City v Rotherham £16.50 and Under 18s £2.50

I will be suprised is there are over 300 at Treyew Road tomorrow. 

For a fair comparison you have to take into account overheads and if the admission prices are being subsidised. If Truro were charging £1 some of the supporters find something else to moan about!:mellow:

8 hours ago, St Darren said:

But surely the income from a football club has increased as well

Of course it has, but you cannot take things in isolation. There are a lot more rules and regulations than 50 years ago and it all costs money! Just look at all the health and safety regulations that have to be complied with!  A couple of seasons ago I spoke to a guy who was complaining about TCFC admission prices, but he smoked 15 fags a day!!