Cornwall Football Forum

No news about anything!

With the club moving to Torquay to play its home games I was hoping that it would keep everyone informed about events.

I am aware that it was an away game yesterday, but needless to say I am very disappointed that at mid afternoon Sunday there is still no match report on the club’s website.

For those of us interested - here’s a link to Woking’s view on the game :- http://www.wokingfc.co.uk/news/article/6299/dowse-continues-to-play-his-cards-right-third-turnaround-in-6-for-woking/

Sorry to mention as well that no tweets put out for two days. The only club in the NLS that never put out any match messages on Twitter yesterday.

Still no news either on a replacement manager. In fact still advertising the post in today’s Sunday Independent and so I hope that doesn’t suggest an appointment is still a distance away.

Come on Truro City, the fan base might have diminished over recent times, but surely communication now is as important as ever?

Apologies if I have missed any info being put out there on social media somewhere, but if I have, please direct me appropriately. 

1 hour ago, Dave Deacon said:

With the club moving to Torquay to play its home games I was hoping that it would keep everyone informed about events.

I am aware that it was an away game yesterday, but needless to say I am very disappointed that at mid afternoon Sunday there is still no match report on the club’s website.

For those of us interested - here’s a link to Woking’s view on the game :- http://www.wokingfc.co.uk/news/article/6299/dowse-continues-to-play-his-cards-right-third-turnaround-in-6-for-woking/

Sorry to mention as well that no tweets put out for two days. The only club in the NLS that never put out any match messages on Twitter yesterday.

Still no news either on a replacement manager. In fact still advertising the post in today’s Sunday Independent and so I hope that doesn’t suggest an appointment is still a distance away.

Come on Truro City, the fan base might have diminished over recent times, but surely communication now is as important as ever?

Apologies if I have missed any info being put out there on social media somewhere, but if I have, please direct me appropriately. 

Why are you so surprised.

This sort of thing has been going on for ages.No point in  putting much on social media,many fans are blocked and cant see it anywa

So if he is still advertising for a manager,that means 22 applicants who included managers with League experience,are not good enough.

Plenty of hot air ,but no action.

There is just no communication with the fans ,and with the move to Torquay,things have declined.

If the S4C gets completed and TCFC move back,imagine the crowds,if Masters,is still there. 

15 minutes ago, Goldeneye said:

No, haven't been able to go yet due to health problems.

Sorry to hear that.

To be honest at the end of second match, as a former player and follower of the club, I left Plainmoor feeling very sad as to how it is now. Nearly every local match I go to I am approached by someone wanting to know what is happening at Truro! 

For example at Bodmin yesterday, a spectator who I know used to watch Truro regularly at Treyew, just wanted to hear something coming out of the club about the current situation - manager, matches and how the move has gone and how it has to be improved to attract more people to the "home" games.

PR!

1 hour ago, Dave Deacon said:

Sorry to hear that.

To be honest at the end of second match, as a former player and follower of the club, I left Plainmoor feeling very sad as to how it is now. Nearly every local match I go to I am approached by someone wanting to know what is happening at Truro! 

For example at Bodmin yesterday, a spectator who I know used to watch Truro regularly at Treyew, just wanted to hear something coming out of the club about the current situation - manager, matches and how the move has gone and how it has to be improved to attract more people to the "home" games.

PR!

Lots of truro supporters watching falmouth v elburton yesterday .

58 minutes ago, Mark Jones said:

Did Truro approach Plymouth ? Surely that would have been a bit better than Torquay! 

Apparently so! 

1 hour ago, Keith B said:

There are a number of grounds within Cornwall that they could have shared with, Falmouth being one of course

Falmouth might have been a little risky as they’re on the move too.

1 hour ago, Keith B said:

Yes, quite why Truro chose to ground share with Torquay goodness knows. There are a number of grounds within Cornwall that they could have shared with, Falmouth being one of course. 

Would the use of any of those grounds be approved by the National League and would any of those clubs want to share their ground? We can all pontificate, but every decision is easy until your the one who has to make it!

2 hours ago, Keith B said:

Yes, quite why Truro chose to ground share with Torquay goodness knows. There are a number of grounds within Cornwall that they could have shared with, Falmouth being one of course. Did they consider that only Torquay had the capacity to hold their traveling support ? Is the traveling support that big ?

For Truro to go into Devon to ground share seems almost a betrayal of their heritage. It's left a nasty taste in the mouth.

£2 million pound,may have had something to do with it.

The travelling support from Truro is virtually non exsistant.

Subsidised bus travel,operated for the first game,and have'nt run again.

What makes me laugh,was the only people that backed this move was the players,they all live in that area,better facilities,better playing surface etc ,etc.,and they havent won a game there .

This whole move is turning into a complete and utter disaster.

8 minutes ago, somersetspur said:

Subsidised bus travel,operated for the first game,and have'nt run again.

Not enough today either!

The official twitter account has just tweeted for the first time in three days.

Communication breakdown! 

And before anyone suggests this is all doom and gloom, I would have thought while Truro are playing away all the time, they would have wanted to keep as many as possible on their side.

2 hours ago, Goldeneye said:

Would the use of any of those grounds be approved by the National League and would any of those clubs want to share their ground? We can all pontificate, but every decision is easy until your the one who has to make it!

Falmouth would not - it is in the middle of a building site !

Dave, I expect that a lot would like to go, but they work on Saturday mornings / bank holidays or have family commitments and can't make kick-off time. If it was me work / family would trump football every time! I realise that the football mad fanatics won't agree with that. As for nothing being posted for a whole 3 days, that doesn't bother me as many years ago I only got my local football news in the weekly paper!

Yesterday Dave Gibbins (former BBC Spotlight sports presenter) and I did four You Tube Live updates from Plainmoor: at 2:30pm (team changes and the like), half time and straight after the game, as well as a 9 minute  interview with caretaker manager Ben Harding. We are doing our level best to keep Truro City fans who don't make the "home" games in the loop. The 18 minute extended highlights would be on You Tube now, but for the Vanarama National League embargo.

If you are serious and concerned about any lack of communication and did miss the Piran Films You Tube updates, why not subscribe to our channel and press the grey bell for alerts!

The PR was diabolical whilst they played at Treyew Road, so no surprises now. Even on the official Vanarama site, when I looked, there were no names of truro's scorers and no attendance given. These are two pieces of information that would have to come from Truro City Football Club as the home side..

What a sad, sorry predicament.

9 hours ago, Piran said:

Yesterday Dave Gibbins (former BBC Spotlight sports presenter) and I did four You Tube Live updates from Plainmoor: at 2:30pm (team changes and the like), half time and straight after the game, as well as a 9 minute  interview with caretaker manager Ben Harding. We are doing our level best to keep Truro City fans who don't make the "home" games in the loop. The 18 minute extended highlights would be on You Tube now, but for the Vanarama National League embargo.

If you are serious and concerned about any lack of communication and did miss the Piran Films You Tube updates, why not subscribe to our channel and press the grey bell for alerts!

You are doing a grand job,Mark.

But it should'nt be left to people like you to keep fans informed.

2 hours ago, G2DO said:

#announceLeigh

Taunton contract got to be sorted ,before confirmation.

On 28/08/2018 at 22:23, Sticker Forever said:

And still Treyew Road remains untouched!! Stands up, goals and nets still up!! Cars being washed, Sunday Indy offices being used, and a still a lovely view of the cathedral. ?

Heard a little rumour.

Lidl are getting itchy feet.

Lots of planning problems.

The meat wagon is still going to be trading at Treyew until further notice.

It seems like the A2B buses are still being parked up there as well, with nothing being officially started until January, so it seems odd to have kicked the club out on July.

I personally don't see the stadium being delivered, the stance I've seen is that it's Pirates and the College and occasionally something about Truro being on board, but in reality the other two don't give 2 hoots, but only care about the couple of million quid being thrown their way.

Money would have been better spent sharing with another local team and boosting their ground, thus keeping money in the county for refreshments and the like.

7 hours ago, City Fan said:

The meat wagon is still going to be trading at Treyew until further notice.

It seems like the A2B buses are still being parked up there as well, with nothing being officially started until January, so it seems odd to have kicked the club out on July.

I personally don't see the stadium being delivered, the stance I've seen is that it's Pirates and the College and occasionally something about Truro being on board, but in reality the other two don't give 2 hoots, but only care about the couple of million quid being thrown their way.

Money would have been better spent sharing with another local team and boosting their ground, thus keeping money in the county for refreshments and the like.

Some rumours say.Lidl are getting itchy feet.

As far as Truro City moving out at the end of July,that had to happen for Mr Masters to get £2 million.