Cornwall Football Forum

LWC Drinks Combination League Results and Table - Saturday 25th August 2018

Saturday 25th August 2018
Carharrack (Ryan Whitbread) 1-5 St Just (Jack Willis 3, Stuart Nicholls, Elliot Rudge)
Att - 20
Hayle (Kane Williams, Craig Wilcox) 2-1 Penryn Athletic (Bradley Leivers)
Att - 50
Helston Athletic Reserves (Tyler Cooke, Kegan McPhilbin, Joe Wright, Fred Williams 4-1 Redruth United (Dan Horler)
Att - 56
Illogan RBL (Nathan Hampton) 1-3 Falmouth Town Reserves (Oscar Fergus, Liam Chinn, OG)
Att - 45
Pendeen Rovers (Silas Sullivan 2) 2-3 Perranporth (Steve Brewer, Jakob Springall, Luke Wort)
Att - 20
Porthleven Reserves (Jack Price) 1-5 Lizard Argyle (Ben Casley 2, Jared Lawrence, Billy Jane, Ryan Tonkin)
Att - 61
Wendron United Reserves (Jack Noy, Ben Coleman) 2-5 St Day (Dan Richards 2, Tyler Oliver, Kyle Marks, Luke Hart)
Att - 30
West Cornwall (Nick Pulgliese 5) 5-2 St Agnes (Liam Paddock, Terry Campbell) 
Att - 20

As of 28/8/18
POS TEAM PL W D L F A GD PTS
1 ST DAY 5 4 1 0 14 7 7 13
2 ILLOGAN RBL 5 3 1 1 17 6 11 10
3 PERRANPORTH 4 3 1 0 11 3 8 10
4 HELSTON ATHLETIC RESERVES 4 3 0 1 22 6 16 9
5 HAYLE 3 3 0 0 16 2 14 9
6 LIZARD ARGYLE 4 3 0 1 17 4 13 9
7 FALMOUTH TOWN RESERVES 3 2 0 0 11 4 7 9
8 ST IVES TOWN 4 2 2 0 6 1 5 8
9 PENRYN ATHLETIC 4 2 1 1 10 2 8 7
10 ST JUST 5 2 1 2 12 13 -1 7
11 PENDEEN ROVERS 4 2 0 2 17 5 12 6
12 WENDRON UNITED RESERVES 5 1 1 3 9 16 -7 4
13 PERRANWELL 3 1 0 2 3 3 0 3
14 MULLION 4 1 0 3 1 7 -6 3
15 PORTHLEVEN RESERVES 5 1 0 4 13 29 -16 3
16 WEST CORNWALL 5 1 0 4 6 25 -19 3
17 ST AGNES 5 0 2 3 9 16 -7 2
18 RNAS CULDROSE 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
19 REDRUTH UNITED 4 0 0 4 4 25 -21 0
20 CARHARRACK 4 0 0 4 5 29 -24 0

10 hours ago, cornishteddyboy said:

Fixtures for
Carharrack v St Just 
Hayle v Penryn Athletic 
Helston Athletic Reserves v Redruth United 
Illogan RBL v Falmouth Town Reserves 
Pendeen Rovers v Perranporth 
Porthleven Reserves v Lizard Argyle 
Wendron United Reserves v St Day 
West Cornwall v St Agnes

Why no Saturday match for Perranwell, St Ives and Mullion, Culdrose? This only further highlights the madness of long distance midweek games at this time of year. There must be a better way to organise fixtures than the current system.

12 hours ago, Andys said:

Why no Saturday match for Perranwell, St Ives and Mullion, Culdrose? This only further highlights the madness of long distance midweek games at this time of year. There must be a better way to organise fixtures than the current system.

Culdrose don't start their games until September.

Maybe one of the other clubs requested a blank weekend. It's a shame some players of one of said clubs couldn't have helped Ludgvan out. Not ideal borrowing players for a short term fix granted but at least their game could get played.

1 hour ago, Fanfare said:

Culdrose don't start their games until September.

Maybe one of the other clubs requested a blank weekend. It's a shame some players of one of said clubs couldn't have helped Ludgvan out. Not ideal borrowing players for a short term fix granted but at least their game could get played.

I accept Culdrose's situation is different, but the Well had to travel to Mullion on Tuesday night for a 6.15 K.O, with some players having to travel over 30 miles at the busiest time of day/year, meaning they had to leave work early. How mad is this when neither team has a fixture on the following Saturday? Only hope these missed opportunities are remembered when we are having to play 3-4 matches a week in May after another crap winter!

Agree with your point re Ludgvan, but further highlights the lack of players and the need to make fixtures as sensible as possible.

1 hour ago, Andys said:

I accept Culdrose's situation is different, but the Well had to travel to Mullion on Tuesday night for a 6.15 K.O, with some players having to travel over 30 miles at the busiest time of day/year, meaning they had to leave work early. How mad is this when neither team has a fixture on the following Saturday? Only hope these missed opportunities are remembered when we are having to play 3-4 matches a week in May after another crap winter!

Agree with your point re Ludgvan, but further highlights the lack of players and the need to make fixtures as sensible as possible.

How do you know Mullion are available today? Perhaps they requested to have a free Saturday this week?

Hayle 2-1 Penryn,   a very close game which could have gone either way , Hayle just shaded the first half and second half Penryn started the better and were looking very likely to break the deadlock , against the run of play Hayle broke and scored with good work from Cameron , and Kane Williams scored , after that setback Penryn  were on the offense and after  Hayle unable to clear their goal they equalised , Hayle soaked up a lot of pressure and defended well another breakaway  goal from Craig Wilcox  settled the game   Cameron Irish nearly made it three late on but his effort went past the post , Danny Ford  also made a cracking save late on , good win ,  Penryn are a good footballing side , the game was played very sportingly , good crowd on a sunny afternoon , well done to Patch and the boys , good game of football played by two evenly matched teams .

Carharrack 1, St Just 5

I didn't note the timings of the goals this time! Perhaps I'm getting used to just being a spectator after all those years of stats at Truro.

Near half-time, with Carharrack playing up the slope, it was easy to hope that they might at least get a point today. Their 'keeper (only 17 I was told) saved two certain goals. He needs to open his lungs more and YELL at his team. Defenders like a 'keeper behind them who doesn't just dominate his box but SOUNDS like he does! Then just before the break Carharrack went 1 down.

Still, the half-time talk covered all the points I would have made and the prospects were good. Except that as they ran back onto the field, a player was heard to say "I'm not running around like a headless chicken!" Great! Attitude! Then there was the general problem of the team not following half-time instructions, still tarting around in the back and getting caught. Balls kept being played to the wrong coloured shirts. At one point I yelled "Try passing BETWEEN the green bollards, not AT them!"

2 - 0, 3 - 0, 4 - 0. Oh dear! Then a long throw on the right and a headed goal - no less than their possession deserved. Such a shame that in about the last minute, more sloppy defending conceded a fifth.

Defenders were too often caught ball-watching whilst the player they should have been marking ghosted away. You don't have to grab a handful of shirt, but just a hand touching the opponent tells you where he is whilst you watch the ball. Diving in to the tackle was too frequent, the concept of the "First Defender" absent.

So, the only way is up! Penryn Tuesday night, though! Ouch!

Well today I  think I have experienced the worst officiating of a game of football in all the years I have been involved with football a level 6 ref looking for promotion to level 5 in my opinion he wasn’t fit to officiate kids football an absolute disgrace and totally ruined a game between two very gd physical sides that could play football but could also mix it up running from side to side speaking to the managers then the linesman stop starting the game swearing at players and supporters the guy is an absolute disgrace to football us as club officials and players have to adhere to the respect rule towards each other and refs yet he can do and say all this to people involved he had no idea what was going on on the field myself and perran manager both chatting during the game about how bad he was it was at times embarrassing there will be an official report sent into the league from both clubs and hopefully will stop this disgrace going any further with his refereeing 

anyway apart from the ref thankyou perranporth very gd game gd luck for the season 

Pendeen 2 v 3 Perranporth 

hmmm what a bizarre game ... 

Silas with both our goals first one all about his effort & his 2nd nicely stroked away ...

We had the most bizarre goal disallowed , Henry Couzens rode two challenges in the box ball deflected up with keeper rush towards him and he appeared (?) 2 handle it ... referee un sighted runs away after awarding the goal uproar from the P’Porth players, so ref then decides to speak to there Lino (who hadnt flagged and clearly hadn’t seen ought ) and under heavy pressure from there players decided he magically (using my little pony magic) had seen it !!! Ref disallows goal ... now u can’t shout sour grapes - but yes goal looked a deliberate hand ball - but if nither ref or Lino didn’t c it the goal has to be awarded - & then low & behold P’porth 1st was controled by a hand b4 being slotted home - & when asking ref can you chat to our Lino is reply was “no I didn’t c a hand “???

however all the best to Perranporth in your title defence , good bunch of lads.... hopefully next game will be more about the football?

2 minutes ago, rovers08 said:

Pendeen 2 v 3 Perranporth 

hmmm what a bizarre game ... 

Silas with both our goals first one all about his effort & his 2nd nicely stroked away ...

We had the most bizarre goal disallowed , Henry Couzens rode two challenges in the box ball deflected up with keeper rush towards him and he appeared (?) 2 handle it ... referee un sighted runs away after awarding the goal uproar from the P’Porth players, so ref then decides to speak to there Lino (who hadnt flagged and clearly hadn’t seen ought ) and under heavy pressure from there players decided he magically (using my little pony magic) had seen it !!! Ref disallows goal ... now u can’t shout sour grapes - but yes goal looked a deliberate hand ball - but if nither ref or Lino didn’t c it the goal has to be awarded - & then low & behold P’porth 2nd was controled by a hand b4 being slotted home - & when asking ref can you chat to our Lino is reply was “no I didn’t c a hand “???

however all the best to Perranporth in your title defence , good bunch of lads.... hopefully next game will be more about the football?

Hand of Wort

3 hours ago, Tom Trust said:

Carharrack 1, St Just 5

I didn't note the timings of the goals this time! Perhaps I'm getting used to just being a spectator after all those years of stats at Truro.

Near half-time, with Carharrack playing up the slope, it was easy to hope that they might at least get a point today. Their 'keeper (only 17 I was told) saved two certain goals. He needs to open his lungs more and YELL at his team. Defenders like a 'keeper behind them who doesn't just dominate his box but SOUNDS like he does! Then just before the break Carharrack went 1 down.

Still, the half-time talk covered all the points I would have made and the prospects were good. Except that as they ran back onto the field, a player was heard to say "I'm not running around like a headless chicken!" Great! Attitude! Then there was the general problem of the team not following half-time instructions, still tarting around in the back and getting caught. Balls kept being played to the wrong coloured shirts. At one point I yelled "Try passing BETWEEN the green bollards, not AT them!"

2 - 0, 3 - 0, 4 - 0. Oh dear! Then a long throw on the right and a headed goal - no less than their possession deserved. Such a shame that in about the last minute, more sloppy defending conceded a fifth.

Defenders were too often caught ball-watching whilst the player they should have been marking ghosted away. You don't have to grab a handful of shirt, but just a hand touching the opponent tells you where he is whilst you watch the ball. Diving in to the tackle was too frequent, the concept of the "First Defender" absent.

So, the only way is up! Penryn Tuesday night, though! Ouch!

Nice to see the "green bollards" winning away. Grateful as ever to Tom for his report and sorry for Carharrack''s recent troubles....but it would be nice to read some recognition of the contribution if both sides and maybe a bit of praise for Jack Willis for his hat trick as well. Good on you, Tinners... keep it going !

Which game is he doing? As a former midfield taker of no prisoners he knows what goes on off the ball as well as in play, I've always thought he was on the ball.

And sorry Isaac, but I hadn't a clue who got any of the goals. What I did hear being said was that a certain member of the Green Bollards group was a bit fed up with what he described as "all the negativity" down there.

21 hours ago, isaac rosenberg said:

Nice to see the "green bollards" winning away. Grateful as ever to Tom for his report and sorry for Carharrack''s recent troubles....but it would be nice to read some recognition of the contribution if both sides and maybe a bit of praise for Jack Willis for his hat trick as well. Good on you, Tinners... keep it going !

Great to catch up with Steve curnow yesterday at the game. Still can't believe he has the hunger to jeep pushing st just. 25 years and going strong. Be sad to see him finish at the end of the season. 

St just have some very useful players. Ross in the middle and Stu. Jack wills took his goals well. 

Thought the young carharrack side put a good shift in. Played some nice football. With a few new players playing there first game for the club. Fitness was against them but I'm sure once midweek games have finished and they are able to work on things they will pick up results. They had a couple decent players in the ball.

8 hours ago, Tom Trust said:

Which game is he doing? As a former midfield taker of no prisoners he knows what goes on off the ball as well as in play, I've always thought he was on the ball.

And sorry Isaac, but I hadn't a clue who got any of the goals. What I did hear being said was that a certain member of the Green Bollards group was a bit fed up with what he described as "all the negativity" down there.

Oh well, Tom, at least I know the alkeged negativity has nothing to with me as I am up in Stroud watching the Forest Green bollards in League Two most if the time. You must gave been stirring mire than the half time tea  I went to one Tinners game kast week and everybody seemed pretty chilled, but there you go, standing there on the line at Beauchamp in snorkel  and wellies, you hear all sorts, getting distorted through the diving helmet.  I can see it is all getting very competitive down there with teams conceding twelve and thirteen own goals in a desperate attempt to escape into a league not controlled by John Roberts, which I suppose is what your boys were aksi trying to do down the Lizard on Tuesday. Back in the day your manager would have been more likely to run pugnaciously on to the pitch when not playing than to run pugnaciously off it during the game. There you go. Times change and so do people. After the other Carharrack thread, which reads like an illegal approach without seven days notice to everybody in Cornwall including my auntie, I am very relieved the Tinners have already played you because I am sure you will get plenty of new players and climb up the league soon. Good luck !

45 minutes ago, willy7 said:

Kyle Marks was on £50 as well don't forget. ? Oliver played last 7 or 8 game's for st.day for nothing so not sure why that would change.

I heard that Kyle got £20, that’s from a very  reliable source as well ????! Thought st day don’t pay? 

19 minutes ago, The Big Bad Fox said:

Should be playing for helston reserves. One club and all that

Blakey has never asked him & dont worry about one club bollocks almost every peninsula player plays for about three clubs. The reason Kyle wanted to play for St Day was not only Joff & Phats but how well they have done in the last season plus he knows a lot of the lads. 

18 minutes ago, The Big Bad Fox said:

Should be playing for helston reserves. One club and all that

Are you suggesting every player should sign for their reserve team and not sign elsewhere? With regards to your 'One club and all that' im sure as a player/supporter whichever you may be that like most of us we play for various teams in our lifetime but also end up supporting a few others too. In so many words im basically implying that your comment is unnecessary ?Certain clubs around the area are discreetly paying players  it just takes these 'reliable sources' to know whom that may be. ?

Laughable people getting paid. Back in my day you’d play for the love of the game not for whoever paid the most. If players get offered money they’re bound to take it surely? 

It’s a shame that Cornish football has resorted into this. Although in saying that maybe it’s time for me to dust of the old puma kings??

On 24/08/2018 at 11:11, cornishteddyboy said:

Carharrack (Ryan Whitbread) 1-5 St Just (Jack Willis 3, Stuart Nicholls, Elliot Rudge)
Att - 20
Hayle (Kane Williams, Craig Wilcox) 2-1 Penryn Athletic (Bradley Leivers)
Att - 50
Helston Athletic Reserves (Tyler Cooke, Kegan McPhilbin, Joe Wright, Fred Williams 4-1 Redruth United (Dan Horler)
Att - 56
Illogan RBL (Nathan Hampton) 1-3 Falmouth Town Reserves (Oscar Fergus, Liam Chinn, OG)
Att - 45
Pendeen Rovers (Silas Sullivan 2) 2-3 Perranporth (Steve Brewer, Jakob Springall, Luke Wort)
Att - 20
Porthleven Reserves (Jack Price) 1-5 Lizard Argyle (Ben Casley 2, Jared Lawrence, Billy Jane, Ryan Tonkin)
Att - 61
Wendron United Reserves (Jack Noy, Ben Coleman) 2-5 St Day (Dan Richards 2, Tyler Oliver, Kyle Marks, Luke Hart)
Att - 30
West Cornwall (Nick Pulgliese 5) 5-2 St Agnes (Liam Paddock, Terry Campbell) 
Att - 20

As of 28/8/18
POS TEAM PL W D L F A GD PTS
1 ST DAY 5 4 1 0 14 7 7 13
2 ILLOGAN RBL 5 3 1 1 17 6 11 10
3 PERRANPORTH 4 3 1 0 11 3 8 10
4 HELSTON ATHLETIC RESERVES 4 3 0 1 22 6 16 9
5 HAYLE 3 3 0 0 16 2 14 9
6 LIZARD ARGYLE 4 3 0 1 17 4 13 9
7 FALMOUTH TOWN RESERVES 3 2 0 0 11 4 7 9
8 ST IVES TOWN 4 2 2 0 6 1 5 8
9 PENRYN ATHLETIC 4 2 1 1 10 2 8 7
10 ST JUST 5 2 1 2 12 13 -1 7
11 PENDEEN ROVERS 4 2 0 2 17 5 12 6
12 WENDRON UNITED RESERVES 5 1 1 3 9 16 -7 4
13 PERRANWELL 3 1 0 2 3 3 0 3
14 MULLION 4 1 0 3 1 7 -6 3
15 PORTHLEVEN RESERVES 5 1 0 4 13 29 -16 3
16 WEST CORNWALL 5 1 0 4 6 25 -19 3
17 ST AGNES 5 0 2 3 9 16 -7 2
18 RNAS CULDROSE 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
19 REDRUTH UNITED 4 0 0 4 4 25 -21 0
20 CARHARRACK 4 0 0 4 5 29 -24 0

Was also watching Illogan RBL this Saturday and it was a fantastic game, good to see Falmouth enjoying some success but also nice to one of my old clubs in Illogan back contending at the top??

4 hours ago, CornishFan95 said:

Care to name and shame your reliable source Maler10? ?

Afraid not as I was told in confidence ??

18 hours ago, winston said:

I think this reliable source was the same source telling everyone that Perran are paying, buying players boots or doing cheap building works for the players ? 

Players pay £30 for kit at perran 

On 27/08/2018 at 14:32, Paul C said:

Nice to see Oliver perform for St Day. Couldn't do it in Div 4 last Wednesday... But then again i suppose that £30 from St Day does does somewhat motivate you

Probably because he’s playing with better players. Easy for a good player to get dragged down to a lower level playing with and against lesser standard players. Not on the same wavelength.

14 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Penryn vs Carharrack is off.

Am I right I’m hearing this was because the away side could not raise a team? Even though it was published across another platform of social media revealing that in actual fact the away side had 13 players? 

Either way I really do hope things change at Carharrack, a club with great history and would be a shame to see it go to waste. Unfortunately more and more of this is happening within our beloved game, managers and players showing no loyalty or commitment to their clubs. 

Mr L.

21 minutes ago, CornishFan95 said:

Who's getting upset? Well im sure it must be frustrating for you to be accused of paying players? Almost as frustrating as listening to other people claiming it ? 

Nah we just laugh it off tbf. Would only get on the defensive if it was actually true 

3 hours ago, Maler10 said:

Nah we just laugh it off tbf. Would only get on the defensive if it was actually true 

You mention other teams but you say perran never offer money. Two players that are at Penryn were offered money to play, one did sign for cover so you shouldn't point finger's.?

41 minutes ago, Alf said:

You mention other teams but you say perran never offer money. Two players that are at Penryn were offered money to play, one did sign for cover so you shouldn't point finger's.?

I was having a bit of banter that’s all ??? some people on this forum really need to get out a bit instead of thinking everything is the truth! I know for a fact Perranporth F.C. have not and will not pay players from the club! 

56 minutes ago, Maler10 said:

I was having a bit of banter that’s all ??? some people on this forum really need to get out a bit instead of thinking everything is the truth! I know for a fact Perranporth F.C. have not and will not pay players from the club! 

And this is correct for most clubs. The clubs don’t pay but there could be a benefactor that is giving players a bit of money as well as purchasing boots. If you tell me that isn’t going on at your club then you’re not informed of all stuff!!

however, I do like the fact that players have to pay the club £30 for the trackies and stuff. I know that is true!!!