Cornwall Football Forum

Best and worse showers in Cornwall

51 minutes ago, Fish said:

Agree with Patch......but maybe start with places with NO showers....should they be allowed in the league??

No they shouldn't.....it's 2017 ffs 

no showers no club no matter what the level,going back to a pub or club for a drink covered in mud and smelling like a sick ferret is disgusting!!!

who goes for a drink afterwards without having a shower?

7 hours ago, Jacob-Englefield said:

Gwinear is probably one of the worst showers I've experienced. Then again, I certainly haven't been to as many grounds as what most have as realistically I haven't been playing that long. So there could be some even more worse than Gwinear and their showers.

Gwinear showers are decent. Better than most ! Only thing that you'll probably not like is the 5 yard walk down to them from the sheds. Other than that, they're powerful and do the job. Better than, some which just trickle. Or 1 out of 4 work, cause the water pressure isn't good enough to work all 4 at same time 

Halstetown when they changed and played at the pub , pitch great slope  showers , copper tube  with holes punched in it  , Marazion you could get a nice tingle from one of the pipes , Shirehorse no showers changed in an old barn with leaking roof  , Rosudgeon do they still have the meters that take 20p ?  Heamoor bone valley horse trough , Gulval , Badgers cross no showers but a lovely big puddle near the changing rooms when it rained , did see a player dragged through this as the team thought  he came off the pitch looking to clean , pitch at Tuckingmill , behind church  no showers as someone stole the copper pipe , Cubert  changed in the community hall, over the hedge to play no showers , Cury  did they have showers ?  I know a blast from the past with some of these clubs now finished but we didn't care about going back to your opponents pub for drinks and a bite to eat refreshed from a shower you went home  after and had a good soak in the bath  , well some did some when out on the lash with out going home  , old school I know but bloody good fun  , Hardly any clubs had  a clubhouse and most were attached to a pub who provided food and most away teams came back win lose or draw and you all mixed after the game what happened on the pitch stayed there .:drink:

Best showers i recall are at   St Ives Rugby Club, which i  believe is now home to Halsetown . Worst,  i'm probably with Stevieb..  too many old pitches with nothing including  my old team Gulval where you had  the choice of  trough or puddle and then change in the caravan  which was a 2 piece unit  slowly separating along the  apex... Ahhh the joys of the good old days

Castle United (up Tuckingmill way I think, by the old cinema). Nowhere to park. Bleddy git stank to the field. Changing "facilities" was a tin hut (reminiscent of the Gulval Badgers Cross time), no showers, and you were lucky if your "valuables" (and teeth) were still around after the game (although you sometimes found the odd stud or two lodged in your thigh). Ahhh, the memories.

9 hours ago, Mangle said:

Castle United (up Tuckingmill way I think, by the old cinema). Nowhere to park. Bleddy git stank to the field. Changing "facilities" was a tin hut (reminiscent of the Gulval Badgers Cross time), no showers, and you were lucky if your "valuables" (and teeth) were still around after the game (although you sometimes found the odd stud or two lodged in your thigh). Ahhh, the memories.

Made me laugh with that one ...Castle united have to be the worst team I've ever seen.

14 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Made me laugh with that one ...Castle united have to be the worst team I've ever seen.

Should have played up at Carne Brea now that was an eye opener , changed in your car , dogs roaming everywhere , fires near the pitch ,  we even had a ref stop the game  and told one of the supporters to refrain from firing a catapult in the air towards  our striker   , good job there was no social media back then :wacko:

On 03/10/2017 at 13:08, Mangle said:

You might have had your teeth out or a odd stud or two but your valuables was all ways there but let's meet up and your teeth could be gone 

Thought the old Castle Utd lads were a great bunch. They were not a bad team either, remember playing for Aggie reserves after coming back from an injury, shin splints I think? (Forgot I’ve had so many!) at the end of one season and we played Castle in one of the old Mining League Finals at Goonhavern. Jubilee cup? And also in the league a couple weeks before at Tuckingmill, they certainly got stuck in no doubt but I’ve played against a lot nastier people especially in the old SWL!! The two 6ft 5 gorillas at Appledore we’re never much fun away in January but if there’s a chance of scoring a goal gotta be done!! ?

19 minutes ago, RAPPO said:

Thought the old Castle Utd lads were a great bunch. They were not a bad team either, remember playing for Aggie reserves after coming back from an injury, shin splints I think? (Forgot I’ve had so many!) at the end of one season and we played Castle in one of the old Mining League Finals at Goonhavern. Jubilee cup? And also in the league a couple weeks before at Tuckingmill, they certainly got stuck in no doubt but I’ve played against a lot nastier people especially in the old SWL!! The two 6ft 5 gorillas at Appledore we’re never much fun away in January but if there’s a chance of scoring a goal gotta be done!! ?

Some quality footballers have played for Castle United. Curly curnow, James issacs, both Chris Issacs'

Maurice Isaacs , Johnny Harris. 

Some really good scalps there. 

I bet they appeldore giants used to hate it with your pace though Rappo. Would love to hear of some of the stories bud. 

Yeah some good players and lads there Ralph ?⚽️ Yeah glad I was quick in those days mate, not a sitting duck like the last 15 years!! Just had to keep on the move and play off their shoulders, still black and blue most weeks back then though! Not much protection from the refs, the first couple tackles were usually ‘free’ and they would take turns, far better being a striker these days!! You had to virtually mug someone before a ref would get out a yellow card in the eighties and nineties mate!!! A lot of better things these days to be fair, the back pass rule being the best, that was painful if you were 0-1 down with ten to go, all the time wasting. Used to lie in the bath Saturday night counting the cuts and bruises!! Great days though must admit, glad I was about then and lucky to play in some great teams ?

Would of loved to have been about in those days Rappo bud. ⚽ Think it would of suited my game. 

Would love to have been around that era with the stories you hear now a days!!! ?

Bet you were butchered and battered mate. But best pain relief, putting that ball in the net!!!