Millbrook      2,    Ludgvan              2
Penzance  3,    Plymstock Utd      2    
Porthleven      3,    St.Blazey    0
St Dennis      4,    Mousehole    4
Wadebridge Tn  7,    Wendron Utd 1

On 08/08/2017 at 15:54, leedsunited said:

I make it 4 home wins, 3 away Paul?

Looks like it was only 2 home wins.:(

Latest report from Bodmin Town is that they are hoping to have the the grandstand re-built before the next home game against Ivybridge Town. After it suffer severe tremors at the end of the game. Sources at the game indicated the epicentre to be the home dressing room.

25 minutes ago, rocky170267 said:

Stoke Gabriel absolutely brilliant down at Saint Austell today !! Great win for the New boys.

25 minutes ago, rocky170267 said:

Stoke Gabriel absolutely brilliant down at Saint Austell today !! Great win for the New boys.

Totally deserved their win . Some good players in their side who I hope can carry on that form all season . 

Personally I feel that Phil Lafferty needs to get involved sooner rather than later as this group of players don't look very motivated. There is a lot of talent there but at the moment they are a very untidy looking team. Disorganised and too quiet vocally  unless appealing for a dodgy refereeing decision and then you can't fail to hear them all moaning. Teams often do have Bad periods but this has been a very poor start. Things can only get better !

2 hours ago, We Two said:

Sticker have caused a Premier prediction league upset, winning 2-0 at Exmouth,             Congratulations on your first win in the Premier league

Terrific result from the Sticky! Goals from Jack Bowyer (Pen) and a Stunning volley from Frank McAvoy!

3 hours ago, leedsunited said:

Bodmin 1-1 Torpoint, full credit to Torpoint who ran, chased, competed for every ball. Bodmin seen a lot of the ball & on another day the scoreline might of been different but credit to Torpoint who will suprise a few teams this season. 

I presume that you were there watching and supporting them, every inch of the way, Leeds. At this point in the season they desperately need their fan to support them!

5 hours ago, leedsunited said:

Bodmin 1-1 Torpoint, full credit to Torpoint who ran, chased, competed for every ball. Bodmin seen a lot of the ball & on another day the scoreline might of been different but credit to Torpoint who will suprise a few teams this season. 

I don't think it would be much of a surprise if people knew what Torpoint are reportedly paying their players this year. They will be right up there challenging

5 hours ago, Bruegel the Elder said:

I presume that you were there watching and supporting them, every inch of the way, Leeds. At this point in the season they desperately need their fan to support them!

'Bruegel' .... there were other teams in Mid Cornwall who had worse results than us at Bodmin yesterday! :ph34r:

On 12/08/2017 at 17:57, pastyman said:

Looks like it was only 2 home wins.:(

Latest report from Bodmin Town is that they are hoping to have the the grandstand re-built before the next home game against Ivybridge Town. After it suffer severe tremors at the end of the game. Sources at the game indicated the epicentre to be the home dressing room.

Wasn't at the game but seem from educated friend who was, the best 11 didn't start the game. So y get upset if u don't get result you want

Went down to watch Porthleven v St Blazey Saturday. Two clubs with a big purpose of getting into the Premier ideally asap.

Gala Parc surface looking good as normal.

St Blazey a few short apparently, Port with pretty much the normal squad apart from Wormington injured.

Matt Drummond still looked dangerous upfront for the home side and confirmed this with two well taken headed goals.

End outcome of the game possibly hinged on great first half penalty save by Wignall from Berry when Port were one up.

Start of second half two subs for Port - very direct forwards. One of them, Hindmarch, unfortunately sent off for a reckless challenge, the other, Fox, sealed the game with the third goal.

Shame Danny Carne couldn't come out after the break as love to see him runnnng at opposing defences. He will be one to watch this season, providing he can avoid the lunging tackles!

Early days but Port could well be challenging for the title come April,  too early to tell for St Blazey as a few out. Best to give it a couple weeks and see how they have progressed.

St Dennis 4 v 4 Mousehole

Having seen both these teams in preseason, thought it would be good to see them in a competitive match, especially as Mousehole have added their new youth policy and setup. 

St Dennis's pitch and ground was looking fantastic, sunny afternoon and ideal for a good passing game to watch. First thing was that Mousehad had 6 subs, 5 of them young players who I assume are part of their development squad, I had seen all of them play preseason, but none came on in this game. Mousehole did have a few younger players on the pitch, a big centre half (who I was reliably informed was 18 and an ex Leeds Academy player who has been brought down and offered work in an Accountants and accommodation locally), and a striker Jerome ( again I was told a lad brought into the area with work and accommodation sorted - I have no idea how true this is but said by three different Mousehole fans), who is a classy player, albeit a bit slow in working back, an a number 10 who I hadn't seen before. There was also the young right back, Yeshi, who undoubtedly will be a quality player, but he is, in my opinion, no right back (Mr Blunt knows more about this than me, but Carl and Lee Rickard exposed him time after time meaning Johnson was continually having to cover back).

Game started impressively for Mousehole, who had scrapped the passing along the back of pre season and become far more direct. Mousehole totally dominated the first half and early in the second half were 4-1 up and cruising, Jerome having netted three great goals, one a sole effort, one a superb volley from a Johnson cross and the third a lovely chip over the keeper - game over - not quite!

Jerome was caught offside, just inside St Dennis's half (he was offside, although the St Dennis linesman did not have the greatest game and most watching felt that Mousehole could and should have had two more goals and possible the St Dennis keeper dismissed if the offside flag had not gone up earlier - in very tight calls, that's being polite). Jerome argues and shows some dissent having walked off back well into his own half, he gets a yellow card. Mykey Davies (I believe), took the offside kick, from five yards in his own half, ball flys over Mousehole keeper, not touched by anyone into net - Ref gives the goal! No-one on the pitch appearing to know that you can't score from an indirect free-kick. Mousehole did not complain until it's pointed out from the touch line but goal has been given - I assume as not long to go and Mousehole dominant they felt they would see the game out. (After the match when challenged the Ref apparently said the kick was for dissent, after the offside was given - I am sure there are refs out there who can clarify, but surely if the off side was given then that is what the dead ball kick is for, if a free kick for dissent then it should be from where the dissent was, 10 yards in the Mousehole half - either way the Ref had his arm raised when the kick was taken? I would also argue that the ref knew he had made a mistake as his decision making after that point went all over the place, from having had a decent game).

St Dennis then threw everything at Mousehole and had a penalty awarded, which they missed, however scored shortly afterwards to make the game 4-3 going into injury time. Mousehole were  rattled but simply had to retain possession and see the game out, which they were doing comfortably. Then with seconds to go, despite shouts from the bench, their fans and all the Mousehole players to take the ball into the corner, the young no.10, cuts inside and takes a speculative shot from 25 yds straight into the keepers arms, he throws the ball out, long kick forward and Carl Rickard slots home for the draw - nativity beyond belief at this level.

Entertaining afternoon, Mousehole threw away 2 points, St Dennis showed real character, some very contentious  decisions and some extremely vocal fans, on both sides - great start to the season (for a neutral). I think both teams have the capacity to finish top 5 in the West.

21 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Went down to watch Porthleven v St Blazey Saturday. Two clubs with a big purpose of getting into the Premier ideally asap.

Gala Parc surface looking good as normal.

St Blazey a few short apparently, Port with pretty much the normal squad apart from Wormington injured.

Matt Drummond still looked dangerous upfront for the home side and confirmed this with two well taken headed goals.

End outcome of the game possibly hinged on great first half penalty save by Wignall from Berry when Port were one up.

Start of second half two subs for Port - very direct forwards. One of them, Hindmarch, unfortunately sent off for a reckless challenge, the other, Fox, sealed the game with the third goal.

Shame Danny Carne couldn't come out after the break as love to see him runnnng at opposing defences. He will be one to watch this season, providing he can avoid the lunging tackles!

Early days but Port could well be challenging for the title come April,  too early to tell for St Blazey as a few out. Best to give it a couple weeks and see how they have progressed.

That was the excuse the boys (& lady!) gave me down the snooker room on Sunday down the club Dave, missing 7 players apparently. Blazey were that bad according to one female supporter her & her husband left after an Hour as she couldn't except how bad they have got. I explained to her that there was very takers for the position in the summer so lucky to have any side, plus exception of missing 7 but she would not except my defences, not a happy lady ( although entitled to her opinion as she has racked up many, many miles following St.Blazey over the years )

On 13/08/2017 at 14:38, offside! said:

I don't think it would be much of a surprise if people knew what Torpoint are reportedly paying their players this year. They will be right up there challenging

Who's this clown !!!! #torpointarereportedlypayingtheirplayersthisyear

clearly has no clue about that club !! 

On 15/08/2017 at 06:33, leedsunited said:

That was the excuse the boys (& lady!) gave me down the snooker room on Sunday down the club Dave, missing 7 players apparently. Blazey were that bad according to one female supporter her & her husband left after an Hour as she couldn't except how bad they have got. I explained to her that there was very takers for the position in the summer so lucky to have any side, plus exception of missing 7 but she would not except my defences, not a happy lady ( although entitled to her opinion as she has racked up many, many miles following St.Blazey over the years )

What a load of rubbish. It was only 1v0 and all to play for at that point. 

8 hours ago, Paul said:

What a load of rubbish. It was only 1v0 and all to play for at that point. 

I think they were more disappointed with the overall standard of football on display Paul in comparison to what they have witnessed over 'yester years' but like I said to them, you were missing 6. They did however return in the midweek fixture you had at Liskeard. Will pop in Co-Op over the weekend, going to treat myself to one of your Finest Indian finger buffet selections :thumbsup:

On 15/08/2017 at 17:09, Omg said:

Who's this clown !!!! #torpointarereportedlypayingtheirplayersthisyear

clearly has no clue about that club !! 

Clearly touched a nerve. It's not a bad thing as the club have brought in good players from some of the top clubs, who everyone knows cost money, but is a credit to how far the club have come in attracting these players. A good season is on the cards