Cornwall Football Forum

Trelawny league Agm

1 hour ago, Dave Deacon said:

It's the clubs league so surely you do get the choice!

Of course its the clubs league and they do get to vote on its structure. But obviously the league committee, (which the clubs have put in place) would have meetings prior to the Agm, look at the possibilities and recommend the best way forward. Most votes are done with a quick show of hands, electing new teams can take a little longer. Sometimes they get things wrong but this is generally with hindsight.  Nobody wants a meeting to drag on for hours.

Personally i think we should all be grateful for those people who sit on the committee and help keep the league running, its a tough job and i sure most wouldn't want to be in their shoes.

The most interesting thing about the agm is that most who say things on forum about not letting teams in etc etc won't say nothing at the meeting and just vote them in to follow the trend of everyone else!!!

Then moan few weeks down line that's there's too many new teams... You have a vote each club does practise what you preach!! What's odds every team applies gets in.. 

I aired my opinions last year on certain clubs joining league and voted against them as did few other clubs but majority went with voting them in which is there right also my point being If got something say or ask the applying clubs do it don't just sit there and follow crowd 

22 minutes ago, stokefan1 said:

The most interesting thing about the agm is that most who say things on forum about not letting teams in etc etc won't say nothing at the meeting and just vote them in to follow the trend of everyone else!!!

Then moan few weeks down line that's there's too many new teams... You have a vote each club does practise what you preach!! What's odds every team applies gets in.. 

I aired my opinions last year on certain clubs joining league and voted against them as did few other clubs but majority went with voting them in which is there right also my point being If got something say or ask the applying clubs do it don't just sit there and follow crowd 

what have you got against new teams entering?

Wow what a meeting! Managed to attend on behalf of my nephew for his club, must say the committee were well organised.

main talking topic, 5 new teams wanted to enter...but only 4 spaces!!! So Redruth United 3rds did not get voted in, but, ruan minor, resudgeon 2nds, wendron 4ths and Troon 2nds all got the nod! The wendron one was a bit of a formality as then needed re election, a few words were exchanged regarding the other 4 clubs mind you, seems a few sour grapes out there! Still, all in all a job well done!

6 hours ago, Sijames said:

what have you got against new teams entering?

I had few gripes last season which I aired at last year's agm nothing against any new sides applying this year great see old school clubs like Troon, rosudegon, Ruan minor back getting stronger 

The teams wanting to be voted in all had a chance to have their say and were then asked to leave the room so a discussion and a vote could take place, which happened and Redruth did not receive enough votes over the other teams.

yes I must admit I do like resudgeons set up and teams like ruan minor will have a great impact on their little village which is what it is all about, and of course Troon who intend to use the reserves to bring their last years u16s through which is what the county is missing good one them I didn't even know they had youth teams?

2 minutes ago, S Abbo said:

It's a shame as I know Redruth also had a plan to use there under 16s from last season... fair way of voting tho I guess.

But another team at clijah, with the amount there already and with the council calling the shots if games are on or off (normally nothing like 50/50 due to them having to do more work if pitches are damaged!), a wise choice I think!

8 minutes ago, Sijames said:

The teams wanting to be voted in all had a chance to have their say and were then asked to leave the room so a discussion and a vote could take place, which happened and Redruth did not receive enough votes over the other teams.

yes I must admit I do like resudgeons set up and teams like ruan minor will have a great impact on their little village which is what it is all about, and of course Troon who intend to use the reserves to bring their last years u16s through which is what the county is missing good one them I didn't even know they had youth teams?

They've recently required the trevenson fc youth set up who are now under the Troon afc name but they have been up Troon for the last couple seasons and are very well looked after by likes of jody etc Troon deserve it lots of hardworking people up there 

Fair play to Rosudgeon who were struggling to field one side earlier in the season. Some great facilities there. 

Great work by Troon too-a big club with a lot of good people involved. A good idea and hope they manage to pull it off. I wonder how long it will be an under16/18side for but I'm a fan of the idea and we've talked about it ourselves in previous years. 

Also good to hear Ruan will be back on the scene. 

Good news for our fourth team too. Would have been harsh as several teams who could/would have finished below them dropped out over the season. 

Half suprised about the Trevenson news. Had a great season in the Prem and would've thought they'd found somewhere. Some good players looking for clubs...

On the flip side, great news for our reserves who are promoted to the Prem, a great second half and run of games towards the end of the season. 

Has anyone got a full run down of the leagues? 

9 minutes ago, WendronOfficial said:

Fair play to Rosudgeon who were struggling to field one side earlier in the season. Some great facilities there. 

Great work by Troon too-a big club with a lot of good people involved. A good idea and hope they manage to pull it off. I wonder how long it will be an under16/18side for but I'm a fan of the idea and we've talked about it ourselves in previous years. 

Also good to hear Ruan will be back on the scene. 

Good news for our fourth team too. Would have been harsh as several teams who could/would have finished below them dropped out over the season. 

Half suprised about the Trevenson news. Had a great season in the Prem and would've thought they'd found somewhere. Some good players looking for clubs...

On the flip side, great news for our reserves who are promoted to the Prem, a great second half and run of games towards the end of the season. 

Has anyone got a full run down of the leagues? 

Trelawney league website 

As per usual, a very well organised and presented AGM. The committee we have are a credit to themselves, the league and all clubs participating in it. 

I think the new league structure is a move in the right direction. A steady number of teams across the board giving us all a decent amount of playing time. 

As for someone else's comment earlier saying that the league are telling us what to do.... I disagree completely... Anyone who was there tonight agreed that what they proposed was the best decision for the league. Everyone has an opportunity to voice their opinion, only 1 club came up with an idea on the restructure, which was pretty much exactly where the decision lead to anyway. Everyone who runs a club has had plenty of notice and every channel available to put forward a notion of what they think can happen

They can't be doing a bad job considering the Trelawny League has been nominated by the FA for and award for Best League in the country. Fingers crossed they win and get the recognition they deserve

Gary

Mabe FC 

Trelawny league won the league of the year in the FA Community awards this evening. Well done to everyone involved. I couldn't make the AGM tonight as I was up at the CFA, but it sounds like the correct calls were made.

A massive shame that Trevenson, Praze etc have folded but great to see new teams applying. I must admit I'm a bit gutted that Titans didn't get a space in Division three, but that was a personal wish.

Roll on August

I fully agree that 14  is the ideal number of teams per division and would be pleased to see the Duchy Lge get back to that at some point but with the ongoing referee shortage its quite a bold move right now.

With a few less teams than last season but 90 odd more league games to fit in it will be a challenge for Paul Murphy and the fixture secretary. Over a 30 week season that is equivalent to 3 more refs needed every Saturday.

I hope it all works out because it is so much better than a hotchpotch of divisions of various sizes. Congratulations on your award.

Serious question - from a numbers point of view, why were there only 4 vacancies ?  

7 hours ago, Dange'rous said:

Trelawny league won the league of the year in the FA Community awards this evening. Well done to everyone involved. I couldn't make the AGM tonight as I was up at the CFA, but it sounds like the correct calls were made.

A massive shame that Trevenson, Praze etc have folded but great to see new teams applying. I must admit I'm a bit gutted that Titans didn't get a space in Division three, but that was a personal wish.

Roll on August

yes big shame about these clubs that have folded, and praze with quite a history i believe?

why would of Titans gained a place in Div 3?? feel for you guys as you did very well last season in Div5, only to now still be in the bottom league again and have to do it all over again! but i guess no other teams from last seasons div 5 are in div 3 are they this season?

i must say i did think more people would speak up when given the chance, considering the amount of waffle on here!

A good meeting and with the right calls being made in a well organised meeting with every club having the opportunity for their say. Great to hear that the league will be starting on August 13th and with every team having to play by the 1st weekend in September meaning no one will be wasting weekends and starting their season in mid September helping with any potential backlogs! Roll on the new season, also the restructuring I feel will see all leagues become very competitive. 

41 minutes ago, Sijames said:

yes big shame about these clubs that have folded, and praze with quite a history i believe?

why would of Titans gained a place in Div 3?? feel for you guys as you did very well last season in Div5, only to now still be in the bottom league again and have to do it all over again! but i guess no other teams from last seasons div 5 are in div 3 are they this season?

i must say i did think more people would speak up when given the chance, considering the amount of waffle on here!

Yeah, that's basically it. Done well in the bottom league this season, only to find ourselves back there again. Obviously we'd like to be in a higher league but with the recent restructuring, I understand why we aren't.

Im glad to hear the good words being aired regarding the meeting itself and the way the Committee conducted it. As humans, we always see the bad in everything and document that fact easily, sometimes it's harder to praise. So good effort. 

Looking forward to another season. Last one before I hang up the boots and pick up the whistle full time :)

Congratulations to the League and its committee. I guess all the previous issues were all sorted and to be names the best league is a great achievement. I'm glad everything worked out. :yahoo:

10 hours ago, Chris wells said:

could have let all 5 teams in really, carharrack should be allowed to play at there own pitch its stupid and a waste off money for the club would also help with changing probs, 

What sort of a stupid comment is that. That's like saying Redruth should have there pitch and not use a council one. Four lanes should play in there own village. Storm should play in Camborne where they were formed. Aggie should play in aggie not chivy if you want to be picky. Stupid comment. Carharrack have been at Clijah longer than most teams there so why should they. The club pays the bill and have done every season. The club are happy to do it and they way our club is run means we can. So let's us run our club and you concentrate on yours. 

Very well done to all that run the league a great achievement and rewarded for it. Keep it up. 

I don't think Chris' comment was stupid? I think he was merely saying that the seconds should be allowed (if it is a case of that) to play on Carharrack's main pitch. It's a great setup there and many first or senior sides allow their reserves or other sides to play on their 'main pitch'.

By the way. We are Wendron yet play in Carnkie and sometimes Rame! 

43 minutes ago, Jamie C said:

What sort of a stupid comment is that

I don't think it's fair to suggest it was altogether a "stupid comment". Many people might not be aware why the Carharrack seconds don't play on their own home pitch! Presumably it's the drainage is it Jamie?

1 hour ago, Jamie C said:

What sort of a stupid comment is that. That's like saying Redruth should have there pitch and not use a council one. Four lanes should play in there own village. Storm should play in Camborne where they were formed. Aggie should play in aggie not chivy if you want to be picky. Stupid comment. Carharrack have been at Clijah longer than most teams there so why should they. The club pays the bill and have done every season. The club are happy to do it and they way our club is run means we can. So let's us run our club and you concentrate on yours. 

Very well done to all that run the league a great achievement and rewarded for it. Keep it up. 

we don't play at enys park coz theres already 4 teams playing on it and we have are own pitch at chivy and have for over at least 8 years plus , its not stupid when you only have 1 team play at your main pitch ,see  how much more money your club could have in the bank maybe it could pay for few better players in your 1st team lol bantz. 

The drainage has been a major issue for years and we are taking steps every year to sort it out. We would love too have the reserves down there every week but at the minute the pitch can't take that especially with the weather we have had in recent years. When the weather is good and the pitch is good the reserves use the pitch nothing has changed there. We work hard to try and get grants etc too help but things cost thousands and not just a favour these days. I can't be 100% sure but we must be one of the longest standing on Clijah due to this. Clubs are folding but we keep going and if that means using Clijah to keep lads playing than that's what we do. If this is what you was asking Chris then the res team would love to be there but the pitch can't take it at the minute maybe in a few years etc it may be different but right now not so. And I small apology I read it wrong how it was put. 

39 minutes ago, Jamie C said:

The drainage has been a major issue for years and we are taking steps every year to sort it out. We would love too have the reserves down there every week but at the minute the pitch can't take that especially with the weather we have had in recent years. When the weather is good and the pitch is good the reserves use the pitch nothing has changed there. We work hard to try and get grants etc too help but things cost thousands and not just a favour these days. I can't be 100% sure but we must be one of the longest standing on Clijah due to this. Clubs are folding but we keep going and if that means using Clijah to keep lads playing than that's what we do. If this is what you was asking Chris then the res team would love to be there but the pitch can't take it at the minute maybe in a few years etc it may be different but right now not so. And I small apology I read it wrong how it was put. 

av a chat with mandy at aggie she knows loads abt grants and shit might help you .

It is a little confusing that Redruth utd tried to enter their last seasons U16 team as this seasons 3rds, Redruth being at clijah for some time and their home. Yet rightly mentioned carharrack have their own pitch etc, and have effectively had an effect on Redruth being able to enter their 3rds due to issues on their own pitch!?

i think the council should reconsider what teams they host and not focus too much on the profits being made, but instead look at what they should be providing the local community.

as it happens many of the concerns aired at the AGM towards redruths 3rds was that there wouldn't be sufficient changing facilities or showers etc, but having been to places such as Camborne athletics pitch, and even a premier team Gwinear neither have showers and I am sure there are many others out there??!

1 hour ago, Sijames said:

It is a little confusing that Redruth utd tried to enter their last seasons U16 team as this seasons 3rds, Redruth being at clijah for some time and their home. Yet rightly mentioned carharrack have their own pitch etc, and have effectively had an effect on Redruth being able to enter their 3rds due to issues on their own pitch!?

i think the council should reconsider what teams they host and not focus too much on the profits being made, but instead look at what they should be providing the local community.

as it happens many of the concerns aired at the AGM towards redruths 3rds was that there wouldn't be sufficient changing facilities or showers etc, but having been to places such as Camborne athletics pitch, and even a premier team Gwinear neither have showers and I am sure there are many others out there??!

Gwinear do have showers.

Four Lanes would love to play back in the village. They were enquiring about other grounds in the area. Have they had any luck or are they still at Clijah?

Still amazed a club like trevenson have folded, I visited last season for their home game v Mawnan, they had a very good and their ground seemed to have potential, could of built some dugouts and made it into a nice little place 

Have been told that west Cornwall are due to move also? Seems they have ambition to build a home for themselves and push into senior football, where would they go though?

I may be wrong, but season always starts / can start during August - it is just that fixtures are put in from September and team can re-arrange or bring fixture forward into August if they choose - difference this year is that the league is actually looking to fixture during August?

Just one thing - CSM ( and possibly others)  always look to fixture a later start and the  League has always accommodated this - this is with the usual September fixtures. Now looking at league fixtures, these now start in August - all teams in Prem have 2/3 August fixtures  EXCEPT CSM - can this be right or allowed to continue? CSM always meet their fixtures and can play 4 times a week later in the season when others can't  - if the League accepts that all fixtures must start earlier, surely this applies to all teams?

This won't be the final version of the fixtures, what is probably happening is all the teams are being put onto the system, ready for Gerald to sort; hence why some fixtures are scheduled to start in July.

As a secretary, I personally won't be paying any attention to the fixture list until Gerald has confirmed that they are finalised or/and Paul has assigned the referees to them.

Dange'rous - totally accept your point, except every year CSM start later than every one, for obvious reasons (I totally accept why and am not having a go at CSM), after last Season the League has become more prescriptive about getting games played early - except for CSM. Some teams are reserves to SWPL, Combo and ECPL - so their fixtures / pitches are dependent on the higher ranked league fixtures however CSM is not in that position, their's is simply down to player availability. Several teams lost points and in some case league positions because of teams 'forfeiting' games at the end of the season - but no-one get penalised at the start of the season- they are simply put off (as least season will show to a time that perhaps suits them and not other teams)?

I'm with you there Dave, it's nice to see the fixtures have started, but dates don't cross my mind until the confirmation emails start coming through with referees attached to them. Plus I think Paul is away until beginning of July... Well earned break for him