Cornwall Football Forum

Trelawny league Agm

Fal Lad - my point (badly explained) is that, by example,  if you look at last years Trelawney Prem. The league was won by Lizard Argyle on goal difference over Chasewater. Chasewater's last game v St Buryan was given on points awarded as St Buryan couldn't raise a side- Chasewater never got the chance to win and recoup goal difference (a lot though it was) This could (I know it didn't but could) have made the difference between junior and senior football. Points were awarded because it was at the end of the season and teams should have had available players - HOWEVER at the start of the season CSM are ' allowed' not to have players available when very one else must have - as by the AGM and discussion over first Saturday in September. Surely all teams should have a squad and be fixtures / play by first weekend in September and if they don't then points should be awarded? Just a point for considerations?

@Bobjfh I completely understand your point. Culdrose are the same due to their block leave periods (which is out of the clubs control, that's laid down by Navy Command). The league accepts this because both Culdrose and CSOM fulfill their fixtures and always finish by the end of May. During a time when the FA are fighting hard to get more teams into the game, I dont think the league would be right to remove them. They are both long serving clubs. 

This argument on whether it's right/wrong is spoken about before every season and then Started again during CSoM's busy fixture catch-up in May. I think it's become something that we just have to accept. I agree with you that it is annoying when clubs have to play them every few days (Mon, Wed, Sat etc) ... But It can't be much fun for the CSOM's lads either.

Camborne School Of Mines regularly played Sunday matches (10.30) during term time to make up for the Saturday dates missed in August/September. Quite often they would have played more games than other clubs after two thirds of the season.

In the South Western League, St Lukes College occasionally had to 'go on tour' - they would play Penzance, Helston and St Austell in a three day period around April/May. Presumably they stayed local rather than going to and fro from Exeter for each game.

In the Combo, when teams with floodlights were happy to play midweek games using them, RNAS Culdrose would usually play Falmouth, Penryn, Penzance, Porthleven, Newquay and Truro before Christmas as well as Ludgvan on Feast Monday afternoon in January in a way to catch up on their later start but they always finished the season at the same time as the rest and were rarely the last to complete their fixtures.

Although the Trelawny League has many more teams, it's good that the fixtures are out at the start of July but they can only be pencilled in as the Combo, with only 20 teams have yet to publish theirs, meaning changes are likely.

If you accept that the Leagues apply different rules for CSM (and Culdrose) then you accept that rules don't count - as a Referee Dave would you make a different call because you knew one team could / couldn't play the following week? If any team had points awarded against them in May appealed to the FA on the grounds that the the league apply their rules in a liberal manner they would win?. 

I would never suggest that CSM (or Culdrose) should be removed as two great clubs, however if they can't fulfil fixtures due to player availability (fixtures along with everyone else in August) then they should be docked points, same rules for everyone? If that's considered not fair by either club perhaps their players, when available may want to play for the many other teams in their area?

I think they're just flexible and take into account the term dates of both clubs. Which I personally think, is sensible. If they didn't, we wouldn't have Culdrose and CSoM's in the leagues. Which would be a massive shame.

The problem is, that during the periods where Culdrose and CSoM's can't play, they dont have any players in the County, they all go home for the summer. I was based in Portsmouth and Yeovil over the last two seasons, travelled home every weekend to play football. Some of these lads don't see their families during the year, so the August beak (in particular) is important to them.

I completely get what you're saying though, but it has been the same for many seasons.

I imagine there are leagues up and down the country that have service teams or college/university teams that are in the same position. Everybody knows their situation and accept it. Yes in a perfect world the leagues would start and finish on a particular date but we all know it can't happen. Both Camborne School Of Mines and RNAS Culdrose have been involved in local football for over 50 years at least and if it has proved to be a problem I don't recall any issues being aired publicly. Surely the Trelawny League have a policy where clubs can request a date(s) where they don't play. In the SWPL, University Of Exeter request two weeks at Christmas off and possibly Easter and the League work around that. I'm sure the Trelawny could and would do that. It's not a new thing, everybody knows and by not fixturing them any games during this period, no games would need to be cancelled and rearranged.

18 hours ago, Sijames said:

Still amazed a club like trevenson have folded, I visited last season for their home game v Mawnan, they had a very good and their ground seemed to have potential, could of built some dugouts and made it into a nice little place 

Have been told that west Cornwall are due to move also? Seems they have ambition to build a home for themselves and push into senior football, where would they go though?

We (West Cornwall) aren't moving anywhere. We're staying at the college, but you may see some changes through the season as we will be building dugouts on the grass pitch, and getting things sorted so we can push for promotion. College is our home, West Cornwall is our name and that's how it's gonna stay!!

22 hours ago, Sijames said:

Still amazed a club like trevenson have folded, I visited last season for their home game v Mawnan, they had a very good and their ground seemed to have potential, could of built some dugouts and made it into a nice little place 

Have been told that west Cornwall are due to move also? Seems they have ambition to build a home for themselves and push into senior football, where would they go though?

The rugby club who own the lease on the ground wanted the ground back for their colts and ladies sides... They had no colts side last season now have so need it for that team..hearing from close source school of mine trustees who own the ground have always said they prefer rugby being played there as that what it was originally used for when school mines played there years back 

On 29/06/2016 at 23:38, Dange'rous said:

Trelawny league won the league of the year in the FA Community awards this evening. Well done to everyone involved. I couldn't make the AGM tonight as I was up at the CFA, but it sounds like the correct calls were made.

A massive shame that Trevenson, Praze etc have folded but great to see new teams applying. I must admit I'm a bit gutted that Titans didn't get a space in Division three, but that was a personal wish.

Roll on August

Div 3 why??

8 hours ago, Tempo said:

Probably cause they're in the same league as they were last season essentially.

well technically they are still one league closer to the Prem than they were last season....and their dream of senior football, although they have lost a fair few players by the looks of things i am sure they will still be a very good team in this lowly league.

2 hours ago, Sijames said:

well technically they are still one league closer to the Prem than they were last season....and their dream of senior football, although they have lost a fair few players by the looks of things i am sure they will still be a very good team in this lowly league.

Three players, none of which are irreplaceable (we've already replaced them). 

As for why we wanted division three, we are now back in the bottom league playing against the same teams we beat last season, with a few extra. Surely that speaks for itself why we'd want to go in a higher division?

3 minutes ago, Dange'rous said:

As for why we wanted division three, we are now back in the bottom league playing against the same teams we beat last season, with a few extra. Surely that speaks for itself why we'd want to go in a higher division?

Can understand why your team would want to go up to division 3 having won your league hands down last season but this is a new season these teams will strengthen and possibly give you more of a challenge. We at Newbridge had our worst season in 3 years last year so will be looking to turn things around and strengthen for sure. Will look forward to our game on the 27th August hopefully we will be more of a challenge for you than the teams last year and hopefully for us give you your first league loss.

30 minutes ago, Dange'rous said:

what makes you guys better than everyone else when it comes to the shuffle of the leagues? nothing! start again!

18 minutes ago, Sijames said:

what makes you guys better than everyone else when it comes to the shuffle of the leagues? nothing! start again!

Because that's what it boils down to.. Us being better than everyone else... Yep.:SM_carton: <_<

41 minutes ago, AJ715 said:

Can understand why your team would want to go up to division 3 having won your league hands down last season but this is a new season these teams will strengthen and possibly give you more of a challenge. We at Newbridge had our worst season in 3 years last year so will be looking to turn things around and strengthen for sure. Will look forward to our game on the 27th August hopefully we will be more of a challenge for you than the teams last year and hopefully for us give you your first league loss.

We look forward to it. It should be a good season :) 

1 hour ago, Dange'rous said:

Because that's what it boils down to.. Us being better than everyone else... Yep.:SM_carton: <_<

We look forward to it. It should be a good season :) 

i think if anything you and your team should certainly have to go through the same process as other clubs and teams, given your history with clubs unfortunately. 

46 minutes ago, Dange'rous said:

My history with clubs? You've lost me 

Sorry should of explained more:-

Robartes = Folded

Camborne Park = Folded

Gwinear res = Folded

Trevenson = Folded

i just feel it is too easy for players to move on mass to a club, up and leave and then potentially the poor people left have to pick up the pieces, a bit of stability needs to be applied before any movement should be aloud.

In Sheffield you can not enter a league with suitable criteria, and after competing in the morning sat league before entering in the main league which happens to be on a sunday.

I don't get what you're saying? 

Robartes - Nothing to do with me, never played for them

Camborne Park - Managed their Sunday side for just over a season (5 trophies, thanks to those involved. Great season). Played three games for their Saturday side before moving to Gwinear.

Gwinear - Joined them when I came back from Afghanistan. I was away for quite a while and the manager persisted in getting me down there. So when I came home, I played for Park for a few games, realised it wasn't for me and went to Gwinear.

Stayed at Gwinear for two seasons. Had plans to stay their again last season but the relationship between TEAM (reserves) and the chairman became untenable. One side had to budge, the chairman didn't so we left.

Trevenson - Played for them as a kid. Their side was going to fold about 4/5 seasons ago, I stepped in and stopped that from happening (I managed the side for about 10-12 games). Once stability was back in place, I left (which was the agreement). 

So, I'm not really sure what you're getting at here. :c:

I'm not a fan of new teams in the slightest, personal opinion, and as much as players and those involved at newly formed teams can distance themselves from their previous clubs folding; the links are just too close in my opinion. 

That being said, I do think the NIT lads are doing things in a very professional manner. They got everything sorted quickly, are they Chartered too? They must be one of the most professional Junior sides with the sponsorship they have secured, their kit and tracksuits etc and their presence on social media. I think a lot of people hate them, or dislike them anyway - but as they say: hate comes from jealousy. 

I know somebody, it may have been Dang'rous, said that they were struggling for players. Maybe a few got disheartened after the agm? I think they are a big enough side with good enough connections to replace lost players. 

As for team's ambitions; it was great that all our junior sides got promoted this season (even the 4ths who finished bottom). I would like to think that they are all aiming for promotion. Certainly the thirds and seconds. The thirds will want to make it a hat trick of Author Pearce wins and the seconds have to look at pushing for promotion into the Combination league; whether or not that is this season I don't know, but that is the aim. 

1 hour ago, pitbull 4 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong here but I'm getting told that titians are struggling to get players this year but then again this could be one of those rumors 

Not at all. We've had 3 that have joined Gwinear (along with the lads from Trevenson). 

Whilst those three players will be missed, as I said before, they are not irreplaceable. We've been active in securing signatures and will have a very strong squad for the coming season. 

We achieved Charter Standard in two weeks of being asked to do so. I was also commended for my application by Scooby, for which he told me that my application is now being used as the benchmark in Cornwall. So, it must have been at a good standard.

We work very hard behind the scenes and have a very good committee and sponsors, to which we are incredibly grateful.

I'm not sure where the rumours have spouted from but I can assure you, we are not struggling for players in the slightest ?  If we were, you'd have seen posts on here regarding training etc to try and get people over. The reason we haven'tt put any posts up is that we are happy with the players we have at the club :)

1 hour ago, Sijames said:

i think i've made it clear.

anyway, as the season is fast approaching who would you all consider to be favourites for the leagues? aspirations to go into senior football?

Might be one for a whole new topic?