Cornwall Football Forum

No interest in the senior cup then

Can't believe that nothing has been advertised on here for the game at Truro.  Mabe the wrong venue which should have been held at a local football club which could of benefitted from a few quid.  Good luck to both teams to fight out that massive prize money.  Maybe £400 to the winner this year. Lol

Bodmin win by a record score (previous record was Falmouth 7-1 St Blazey in 1962).

Surely at the age of 47, Kevin Miller must be the oldest person to have played in the final!

It's a shame that Truro were given the game yet their big hoarding outside the ground had no mention of "the biggest game in Cornish football" - still advertising Saturday's game with Sutton United.

For anyone interested, the goals were scored: 20m, 29m, 34m, 51m, 60m, 67m, 78m.

7 minutes ago, Willow Tree said:

Bodmin win by a record score (previous record was Falmouth 7-1 St Blazey in 1962).

Surely at the age of 47, Kevin Miller must be the oldest person to have played in the final!

It's a shame that Truro were given the game yet their big hoarding outside the ground had no mention of "the biggest game in Cornish football" - still advertising Saturday's game with Sutton United.

For anyone interested, the goals were scored: 20m, 29m, 34m, 51m, 60m, 67m, 78m.

What was the attendance?

Tom tried to announce it at half time but I don't think he knew. There was a lot of inane chattering on though. No offence Tom but just let the music play!!

I would have said maybe 250-300.

Just back from watching a awesome display from a special Bodmin team this is a fine team quality everywhere the G where totally outplayed but if they had the 2 Lowrys ,Scott Flannigan , Kyle Brown ,Kayne Trevasskis in the team the scoreline would of been different Rocky Neale is just something else hes real class the Lioned Messi of the South Western PREMIER hes wasted in this league he should be turning out for Truro hes that good Ollie Pinnel was doing a good job marking him in the 1st half but the 2nd half he was on fire the whole Bodmin team was and you felt sorry for the G in the end i was praying the heavens would open and the game would be abandomed but no Bodmin continued to score and play tremendous football well done Bodmin on a tremendous display of football today .I got to mention the Gs Tania Semmens she went up to all the Bodmin players and management team and hugged them all i have been watching football for over 50 years and i have never seen this it shows what a great person she is and your boys need a hug now . Smokie was made a fuss of and even had his photo taken he will be opening Supermarkets next . Good luck to the rest of the season 3 trophies it looks like it who can stop you on that display dont even think St Austell can Still been a great season for the G a wonderful familly club ran by good people 

Willow Tree, the inane chatter between records is something called "announcements", giving information to help the spectators have a better day! And the first goal went in on 20 minutes and 37 seconds, which makes it in the 21st minute. Your other timings reflect your mistake in working out the minute being played. 0 minutes and 45 seconds isn't the 0th minute, but the 1st!

1 hour ago, Tom Trust said:

Willow Tree, the inane chatter between records is something called "announcements", giving information to help the spectators have a better day! And the first goal went in on 20 minutes and 37 seconds, which makes it in the 21st minute. Your other timings reflect your mistake in working out the minute being played. 0 minutes and 45 seconds isn't the 0th minute, but the 1st!

It's near enough for anyone to work out the slaughter. It did sound like chatter when you could be heard, was the tannoy working properly?

25 minutes ago, Willow Tree said:

It's near enough for anyone to work out the slaughter. It did sound like chatter when you could be heard, was the tannoy working properly?

To be fair simple substitution announcement's were quite amusing.but would you expect anyone from Truro to know anything about local football ? 

49 minutes ago, John Mead said:

I walked around the ground with a "clicker" at the beginning of the 2nd half and counted 501; an estimated 20, who would have paid to come in, were still in the bar - hence the 520 "official attendance".

The 20 in the bar were probably FA members who are entitled to free entry!

This should have been played at a swpl ground allowing some financial gain for the host club. When was it last played at Bickland Park? -good covered standing areas and alarge grandstand - obviously out of favour with the cornwall fa !

1 hour ago, John Mead said:

I walked around the ground with a "clicker" at the beginning of the 2nd half and counted 501; an estimated 20, who would have paid to come in, were still in the bar - hence the 520 "official attendance".

Didn't know you had that many fingers, and toes John.....should be in the circus.

13 hours ago, THE BALD ONE said:

Waiting for Leeds United punch line ....................... Pants pulled down.:yahoo:

Firstly, i would like to just say how well the G support, players & Tania conducted themselves after yesterdays defeat, a true credit to themselves & Godolphin. We all know they were missing a few players, but us as Bodmin can only beat what is infront of us, & we did without being in any danger all afternoon. Missing players or not the score will always be 7-0 in the record books, end of! Good luck to G in their Throgmorton Cup fixture coming up & i am sure many will want the same fixture in that final to see if G can redeem themselves a little.

14 hours ago, BIG AL said:

The 20 in the bar were probably FA members who are entitled to free entry!

This should have been played at a swpl ground allowing some financial gain for the host club. When was it last played at Bickland Park? -good covered standing areas and alarge grandstand - obviously out of favour with the cornwall fa !

It's only twice been played at Bickland Park. In 1972 when St Austell beat Looe 6-1 and in 1998 when Truro City beat Porthleven 3-2 in a replay after a 2-2 draw.

If the Junior Cup Final was also scheduled to have been played yesterday, would it have been played in light of the weather? (I don't know how soft the pitch was)

I Thought it was very reasonable to go in yesterday and u got a good program as well and the girls reckonised Smokie as well .This should of been the only game being played in the county yesterday then the crowd would of been a lot bigger and i would like the Runners up match to be the 2 losing semi finalists not the junior cup final the semi final would of been Helston vs St AUSTELL and that would of bought a decent crowd no disrspect to the junior cup final but im sure a bigger crowd if this was done 

5 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

i would like the Runners up match to be the 2 losing semi finalists not the junior cup final the semi final would of been Helston vs St AUSTELL and that would of bought a decent crowd no disrspect to the junior cup final but im sure a bigger crowd if this was done 

I know they used to stage this game on Easter Monday, but I don't really see any value now in having it when there is probably a lot more football being played and watched.

Perhaps, let's be really adventurous and change things completely by moving the date from Easter Monday, to an annual Sunday date late in April when as much as one can, it might then be a nice dry ground and sunny day, and stage not just the Senior Cup but also the Junior and Charity Cups. If possible, perhaps also the Under-16 Luke Cup and the Under-18 Rathbone Cup.

1 hour ago, 100%cornish said:

I Thought it was very reasonable to go in yesterday and u got a good program as well and the girls reckonised Smokie as well .This should of been the only game being played in the county yesterday then the crowd would of been a lot bigger and i would like the Runners up match to be the 2 losing semi finalists not the junior cup final the semi final would of been Helston vs St AUSTELL and that would of bought a decent crowd no disrspect to the junior cup final but im sure a bigger crowd if this was done 

Think that is a great idea 100%cornish, a losing semi final game between St.Austell & Helston would have been a great way to start the day before the show piece event  :thumbsup:

I bet if they played the losing semi finalists there would be a crowd of nearly 2000 there because i for 1 are not really interested in watchin a junior cup final but 2 big teams like St Austell and HELSTON would of been definitly watching its sot like its the fa cup final where that has been ruined by the semis playing at WEMBLEY  it use to be your goal to reach Wembley but thats been ruined now . So how about trying it out the losing teams play in a play off before the final with no other games on that day the crowds will be bigger then 

The runners up match was scrapped in the late 1970s (1978 I think) as club's saw it as a waste of time and with clogged up fixture lists already, Helston could have made the trip to Ivybridge had the weather been decent. If your team has a long away game in the calendar, Easter Monday is the opportunity to play it rather than a midweek.