Gwinear Churchtown Reserves 6 - 2        Lizard Argyle Reserves

Ludgvan Reserves           5 - 3          Penwith Exiles

Troon Reserves                    3 - 1    St Ives Mariners              

DIVISION   5

Falmouth DC      4 - 0        Railway Locomotiv

St Erme                7 - 1          Newquay 4ths

Trevenson United Reserves        1 - 2        Mabe Reserves

Carharrack vs West Cornwall OFF

Pitch unplayable? Beginning to wonder if it's dangerously unplayable, or if it's 'don't want to ruin the pitch too much' unplayable? Some sides have played through the worst of it and have managed. This is a 'club' that, barring any disaster, will be playing senior football next year, but can't get a game on out there for nearly 2 months. At some point you just gotta bite the bullet and play on it. They ship the ressies off to Clijah too. Can't get my head around it.

Especially as we are playing their reserves. They will be much stronger now with 2 x 1st teamers in!

Carharrack vs West Cornwall OFF

Pitch unplayable? Beginning to wonder if it's dangerously unplayable, or if it's 'don't want to ruin the pitch too much' unplayable? Some sides have played through the worst of it and have managed. This is a 'club' that, barring any disaster, will be playing senior football next year, but can't get a game on out there for nearly 2 months. At some point you just gotta bite the bullet and play on it. They ship the ressies off to Clijah too. Can't get my head around it.

I don't think any team will cancel a game unless there is good reason ,and it is usually done after a refs inspection ,some pitches hold up better than others in winter , just the luck of the Cornish climate ,every club wants to play on a sat and not wait for rearranged games later in the season

no building work but also need to give the college prior notice that we require the pitch. As you previously stated if we had 'ringers' in why would we not want to play it?
I don't think ballsax is implying you don't want to play the game but it does raise concern that there is a number of games being called off at your place especially as you look set to gain promotion into a league that has a lot more teams in.
From my point of view it's frustrating as we can't seem to get this game played I think it's the 3rd time it's been postponed for one reason or another, anyway I'm sure we'll get it played soon and I'm sure it will be a belter

Couldn't we have reversed the fixture or was there building work going on at the college??

a certain OB would struggle to play as he's currently in london

Carharracks pitch dosen't like the rain which is something they'll have to address when there in the combo next season. With regards to west cornwall playing ringers. I'm sure a certain OB would be playing if Mouseholes game was off!

Apologies if what I said implied that you guys didn't want to get the game on, that wasn't my intention and in no way do I think that was the case. As for ringers, no. None. Just a genuine question as to why it was called off and the amount of games called off out there. Maybe it's partly frustration, but if any offense was caused I apologise for that.

Right, just to ratify the situation. We have played 13 league games plus many more cup games on the pitch this season, along with the youth teams who play on Sundays. About the average for ever club at this time. 

We do not take postponing a game off lightly and this is only the third game that has been postponed, not a massive ammount. We have a 72 year old groundsman and I cant expect him to be forking the pitch everyday. I also have to think about his welfare in his old age, deadicated groundsman are like goldust. 

The referee called the game off last week as parts of the pitch was frozen, some people were upset by that but thats in the past no point going on about it. Even Perranwell ground last week was called off due to a frozen pitch. Again the right choice was made by the match offical.

I went down this morning and there were parts of the pitch that were particulary saturated on the far side by the trees, with standing water, we have to think about not only our own players but West Cornwall players too. We did ask if we could play on the 3G pitch out at the college but understand it no longer has FIFA accrediation which is a shame. As you know we have been trying to get this cup macth on for a while and had all the food prepared. I was particually looking forward to welcoming Ben P as havent seen him for a while.

I dont know why a West Cornwall player is down our pitch taking photos, I would like to think if it was the other way around you would think about our safety too.

We are about to massively invest in the pitch but the contractors cannot get onto the pitch until April when the weather starts to dry up. Its going to cost alot of money but a professional groundsman who has advised us said it will solve the issue.  We are currently applying for Sport England grants similar to Grampound for sand slitting drainage.  If you have a natural pitch its obviosuly a big advantage as with it comes natural drainage.

We always finish our fixtures and our ground is frequently used as semi final / final vanue by the Trelawny League which speaks for itself.

We go again next week. Hope everyone else has had a good weekend.

All the best Rich

Ludgvan Reserves 5 v Penwith Exiles 3

Aweful game Exiles would still be alright if they were playing playground football with the 4-0-5 formation never have I seen 4 "midfield" players as lazy as these 4! Kevin the Exiles linesman was aweful, flagging left right and chelsea! Division 4 must be a terrible league if these bunch of kids are the best there is to offer!

As for ludgvan they played some nice passing football just lack of finale ball quality as 4 of their goals came from Penwith mistakes

Ref was quality even over ruling Penwith's linesman to give a goal after he flagged for a shocking offside
MOM: was the ref.. I wouldn't want to be an official in a game like that well done give yourself a pat on the make (think his surname is mims)

I happened to be in the carharrack area working today and as west Cornwall manager after receiving the phone call this morning thought I'd pop my head in and look at the pitch. Completely agree with you Richard that the pitch was not fit for use today. I walked about 20 yards before I started to slip around. Can't speak for my players as to why they're taking photos of the ground but can only put it down to the frustration of not playing. I'm sure we'll get this fixture played eventually

Gotta say well played to ludgvan were by far the better team against us today an were on top for much ov the game deserved your points, we had a couple missing but think ludgvan would still have turned us over all the best ludgvan for your run in an see you next year, but justjoking lookin at your match report you gotta be on drugs lol..

St Day 3rds 1 Camborne Park 6

HT 1-1

A good first half saw Park take the lead when Micheal Catterall was found in the center of the box and calmly tucked it away

St Day rallied and scored direct from a well taken free Kick

Park pushed on but wayward finishing and outstanding keeping it stated level

Second half saw both teams attack but was gonna take something special to break the stalemate which duly came when Catterall repaid the favour to Peter Norfolk who took one touch to bear his marker and send the ball flying into the top corner

The game started to get stretched with gaps appearing all over the field and a quick counter attack from Camborne Park saw the ball played by Scott Lake into the feet if Catterall who dazzled the defence with his quick feet before lifting the ball into the top of the net over the out coming keeper

This settled Park and Robbie Price was bought back onto the field of play and immediately was sent tumbling to the deck by the St Day defender

Up stepped Reece Prout who sent the keeper the wrong way to ease the pressure on Park and give them a 4-1 lead

A few changes were made with David Spencer resting up along with Martin Richards to allow Peter Norfolk and the returning Carl Lee to have the last 10 mons which paid off well when Carl found the ball on the left and found Peter Norfolk in plenty of space on the center of the Park who unleashed a 35 yards which flew into the top corner of the goal

The scoring was wrapped up when a ball was played through to Norfolk who tried to round the keeper and a slight touch was seen by the ref

If I'm honest it's one of those that 1 in 20 would be given but when it's in your favour you aren't gonna complain

Reece Prout allowed youngster Robbie Price to take it but despite the keeper diving the right way he made it 6-1

Would like to thank St Day for there hospitality after the game which was as excellent as ever and wish you all the best for the rest of your season

Next week a tough game against Marazion down there place

Div 5

Trevenson res 1-2 mabe res

Mabe scorer- Andy Julian with 2 penalties

Have to be honest, no idea how we came away with the 3 points today! Trevenson three everything at us, we held firm in defence and couldn't take the chances we created. 0-0 at half time and both teams balanced, physical but fair game and both teams tried to keep the ball on the floor, even though my mattress was firmer than the pitch!
2 mabe penalties with a Trevenson equaliser sandwiched in between. Trevenson play like that every week and they will pull away from the bottom of the table quickly.

Ref did well in my opinion, tried letting he game flow as much as possible and talked to the players when he was questioned

Gotta say well played to ludgvan were by far the better team against us today an were on top for much ov the game deserved your points, we had a couple missing but think ludgvan would still have turned us over all the best ludgvan for your run in an see you next year, but justjoking lookin at your match report you gotta be on drugs lol..

Please inform me what wrong with my "match report" it was actually my opinion on the game shared by 98% of the spectators

div 4 mariners 1 troon 3.cracking game today in good conditions,both teams had chances in a fairly open game,scott grant with 2 goals for troon including a penalty playing up front with danny bell were always a threat,mariners kept to the task but found troon keeper in top form but deserved the goal scored by ben tidy,new signing for troon from holmans jamie cooper was good at the back,even thou i had made several saves,us mariners were unlucky to come away with the defeat.good game for division 4

PREMIER 

Mawnan 5-3 St Day Reserves

Goals, goals, goals at Carwininon Road today.   Mawnan took an early lead but then didnt take advantage with ST Day striking back to lead 2-1.   Mawnan pulled it back to 2-2 just before half time with a defelected free kick.

Mawnan were much better second half, going into a 4-2 lead and looking good.  However, switching off for a moment gave ST Day a lifeline at 4-3.  Mawnan then had several chances to seal the win but took until the 88th minutes to ensure the three points.

DIVISION 3

Wendron 3rds 4-1 Mawnan Reserves

Couldn't we have reversed the fixture or was there building work going on at the college??

Apologies for not reversing fixture, we do not own the pitch so we book it as any other user would so the goals/ nets etc were not up and ready, the 3G again is not ours and as stated a new silly FIFA rule means the pitch is not sanctioned to be used for league fixtures.

I suppose we could just up sticks with all our players and join another club.

Gwinear Reserves 6 Lizard 2

Gwinear once again dominant. We didn't play anywhere near as well as we have been in recent weeks but we managed to grind out a win today. By our standards, we weren't good enough, and that's as re-emphasised at half time where we were all disheartened at only being 3-1 up.

Gwinear Scorers:
Craig Young
Josh Chandler x 2
Andrew Symons
Nick Troon
Jason Fenton

Peter Willis, our stalwart goalkeeper had a giddy moment at 55 minutes, it was decided that he would watch the rest of the game from the sidelines. I went between the sticks and absolutely gifted Lizard their second, ball back to me and I thought I'd be cheeky and lob the incoming striker... Fail. Hit him square in the midriff, for him to round me and put it in the back of the net. Serves me right for trying to take the piss.

An injury to the knee of our hardworking midfielder Shaun Isaacs, we hope he makes a speedy recovery.

Just wanted to say, Lizard are a really good bunch of lads. Really good banter throughout the game, laughs between all the players and not one nasty challenge. Very easy game for the referee to be involved in, it pretty much officiated itself. All the best for the rest of the season fellas. Thanks also for popping in for food and beer afterwards. Unlike last week, it didn't go to waste :)

St keverne 3 -1 HOLMANS

Pitch looking superb with quality drainage at saints very tough team as always to get anything from playing down first half 1-0 to HOLMANS however poor man marking for two set pieces aloud the big no 7 to score two easy second half headers and a 98 th minute third when we pressed for the equaliser . Dominated possession from start to finish but the saints know how to play there pitch and if this were boxing we won some rounds but they knocked us out three times . Good luck St k for rest of season.

Div 3
St Agnes 2-6 Holman SC

Just back for a weekend and Nige hambly on the phone begging me to play.....ok it might be the other way round with me pleading on the phone and offering to buy him 10 pints but I hit 40 next month so I think senile dementia might be kicking in

Luckily I chose the theatre of dreams that is chivvy cross to make a return who without doubt have the best showers in the league ;) When I went away Holmans had the unofficial policy of playing with a bare 11 because

A we only ever had 11
And
B guaranteed not to annoy anyone

Times have changed!!! With a squad of 20 which meant we made the cull from the oldest downwards (hammers, coops and mark copped it str8 away I escaped by kicking Furcup in the shins to injure him as he's younger then me)

Kicking off we raced to a 0-2 lead. Captain jack sparrow was back in goal for the home side which must have been a bit of a problem as ben kicked him in the shins after 30min and he had to go off injured so I don't know who managed to sail the 'black Pearl' home after that...1-3 at half time meant the visitors (us as obviously this is a very biased report) were quite happy!

2nd half both sides gave as good as they got. St Agnes did have a 12th man....and no in a shock horror contrary to cornish soccer forum normal etiquette it wasn't the ref!!!!!! Who by the way had an excellent game....don't know his name and never met him before but good guy! The 12 th man was the bloody mud in the bottom end which was doubling up as super glue....I think we had about 4 shots that looked liked they were rolling in then stopped on the line allowing the stand in goalie to leap on the ball looking like he made a Gordon banks worldie!!!! :)

Luckily some silly old bugger :) managed to get his head on two headers which eased the preassure a bit and the visitors ran away with it towards the end as both sides made changes to give Everyone a game.....although wally must be mentioned for his 'ronnie rosential' moment.....I'm off now for another few weeks we will probably have a squad larger then an American football team when I return....either that or we are back to bare 11 iron man football :)

And I know we don't like to slate refs on here but I've never seen anything like it like today. Some of his decisions were unbelievable to the extent that he let a Marazion player mark out 10 yards for one of the free kicks after he had marked it out as 7 yards lol
Anyway hopefully Cury can attract a few players it would be a shame to see them struggle. They were one of the best teams in the league at the start of the season. Good luck!!

We havnt lost just one game by playin playground football you fool and like i said ludgvan deserved there win simple as that an 4-0-5 yea think your on drugs lol..

4-0-5. Scott, Adam, Rhys and josh (your midfield) were playing in a flat line with Danny and Nathan and made no effort to get back to defend hence why the game was won and lost in the middle of the park today

Carharracks pitch dosen't like the rain which is something they'll have to address when there in the combo next season. With regards to west cornwall playing ringers. I'm sure a certain OB would be playing if Mouseholes game was off!

Why do Carharrack need to address it ahead of combo next year?  combo pitches aren't all great, so not sure what you mean.  You can't help rain, Carharrack's pitch is a good pitch but is - like so many others - going to suffer under lots of rain

As a West Cornwall player, I'm sure the Carharrack players would understand that we were all very frustrated at the game being postponed. Understandable of course and you have to trust the groundsmen and club officials to make the right call, but I wouldn't flatter yourself too much Harry by saying we brought ringers in to play you, that's pretty wide of the mark. I think our position in the league confirms that we don't need, as you say, ringers to compete at this level. Had it not been for the St. Day game that you were EVER so subtle in referencing in your clever comments,  we would be level on points had we lost it and ahead if we'd won or drawn it. Regardless of all of that, I'm sure if and when this game gets played it'll be a corker and this all certainly adds a little more spice to it!  :D

Why do Carharrack need to address it ahead of combo next year?  combo pitches aren't all great, so not sure what you mean.  You can't help rain, Carharrack's pitch is a good pitch but is - like so many others - going to suffer under lots of rain

Well said Darren, a couple of games missed in the season isn't too bad. 3 months left yet and plenty of room for evening games for spectators. Plus we got to get the points on the board first. We can't control the weather, although I wish I could.

Look at what happened to Penryns pitch after boxing day and that's one if the best surfaces in the south west.

I happened to be in the carharrack area working today and as west Cornwall manager after receiving the phone call this morning thought I'd pop my head in and look at the pitch. Completely agree with you Richard that the pitch was not fit for use today. I walked about 20 yards before I started to slip around. Can't speak for my players as to why they're taking photos of the ground but can only put it down to the frustration of not playing. I'm sure we'll get this fixture played eventually

I think we will just leave it there. Some interesting results this weekend in the Trelawny League. Hope everyone is enjoying a beer tonight.

I see they didn't play today. Do you have any further details?

ISSUE DATE TYPE QTY DESCRIPTION
Sat 06 Sep 14 points -3 Less than 7 days notice of postponement
Sat 06 Dec 14 points -6 Failed to raise a side v Frogpool at less than 7 days notice. Second Time.

So this will be the forth time that the club was unable to raise a side. They were unable to raise a side against Penryn on 24th Jan. I expect nothing has happen yet as the Trelawny League hasn't met.

Did this not happen to Sennen and at the AGM they had to re apply to remain in the Trelawny League? Real shame if they were to fold!

It was a big result for us as we have only lost to teams above us. You will certainly be there or there abouts at the end and we hope to be in the mix too. How many teams get promoted. This is my first season managing in the western side of cornish football and the Duchy leagues reorganise every season due to teams dropping out, I remember one season 5 went up from a league.

frogpool res 0 - 3 mabe

made my debut yesterday for mabe after transferring from mawnan, and must say its a pleasure playing for the village I grew up in until I was 21.

only 6 points behind penwith with 4 games in hand and still having to play them 2 in the coming weeks should be interesting run up to the end of the season!

also got to say the boy dent was sensational yesterday wonder if he will be in roy hodgsons plans in the future?

Division 4

Frogpool Reserves 0 - 3 Mabe

Mabe deserved the victory overall but I feel we gave them a good game. The referee was very confident and forthcoming in his explanations which is what players want. There were a couple of questionable decisions but overall he had a good game.

The first Mabe goal came after some sloppy defending from the Frogs in their own box led to an exceptional volley being put over Alex Roberts in the Frogpool goal.

The second goal was a great finish from Kier Dent despite many calls for offside (but our own linesman didn't flag so we can't complain, he rifled it into the far corner.

The third goal was a header, I think, that looped off of the post and into the back of the net.

Frogpool's best chance came from a Charlie Martin Volley about 25 yards out that the Mabe goalkeeper Geachy did exceptionally well to leap across his goal and not only save it, but actually hold onto the shot. Frogpool also hit the post after Adam Le Grange hit an exceptional overhead kick from just inside the box after coming on when Frogpool switched formation to 3-5-2.

With a little more luck and more creativity in the final third we may have made more of the match but Mabe left deserved victors in the end.

Wish them all the luck in the title race with Penwith, this one's going to be a close one!