Cornwall Football Forum

Truro Reserves drop out of SWPL???

I can see Mr Deacon REFEREEING this thread Give up whilst you're behind Darren and Nemesis.

Are you defending the club over

a) the decision to dump the reserves this late in the close season

B) the way they made the decision known and communicated it

or c) both of the above?

Or do you view Truro City with rose-tinted spectacles and they can do nothing wrong?

Behind? You're the one making the abusive comments

My point is valid though but you're not answering and hiding yet again behind your recent love affair with Truro city.

I don't have a team but don't let that stop you. Did you not support a player who had a criminal conviction for assault and glorify in him?

You need to wind your neck in as you're making yourself look very stupid.

I think it's time we should all try and avoid the personal verbal attacks on each other and get back to the subject which is Truro City withdrawing their seconds from the SWPL.

Although I obviously don't know all the circumstances, personally I am disappointed with the way the league and team officers would appear to have been treated in the whole saga of the communications fall-out!

It is easy to attack the Chairman after all he makes the final decisions however, those decisions are based on the experience and knowledge emitted from his manager, his assistant and sound business sense, Steve Tully and Wayne Carlisle both experienced ex professionals were only appointed on JULY 1st not months ago as has been indicated, i would IMAGINE (don't know) they may have analysed all playing aspects currently at Truro City and spoken about what Truro City's priorities may have to be to succeed at a high level, we have to understand their jobs are on the line if they do not get the job done. The wind of change is blowing through Truro City Football Club we may see many more comings and goings but that happens when competing near the top of the tree, some things we may like, others we may not but at the end of the day our support is vital.

I should add that twice Treyew Road experienced severe storm damage, much has been done making things right, there is still work to be done, thousands of pounds has been spent and a lot more needs to be, continually paying out through the close season is not ideal but if the work was not done the critics would be out in force again, the work Mr Masters has had done has not been a shoddy patch up job, things are being done properly in a professional manner. The necessary work has obviously eaten into the available club budget resulting in the need to economise and having to make tough decisions, sometimes those decisions hurt but as supporters we need to absorb that hurt and continue supporting the remaining club teams.

Darren your opinions may be acceptable if you refrained from criticising a club you know nothing about, your actions here and on tigertalk opens you up to receive similar treatment, yes I did ask the question about a certain player receiving a second chance.

Richard Rundle - I will answer your question although I think I may have covered most things above, obviously about 50 supporters who went to reserve games will be disappointed therefore bay for blood whatever I print, ANY CLUB with a reserve club competing 4 or 5 levels below that of the first team are pouring good money down the drain to the detriment of the first team, that is fact. I was slated when I mentioned that a year ago but I have been away from the county for a long time so no longer share the same local rivalries.

How often do you hear SKY TV mention Sky sources state this one or that is going to be sacked TOMORROW, those sources are moles who can't keep their mouths shut, it would be interesting to know who Truro's mole may be. When a meeting is held it only takes one to speak out of turn, I think this was a regrettable error that should not ever be repeated.

Not rose-tinted spectacles but an excitement about what the PLANNED future has in store built on the foundations of all that has been done already.

I know as much about Truro city as you do. I hear stories from reliable sources and they're not great but you choose to ignore them, rose tinted.

As soon as anyone comments on Truro it's like red rag to a bull with some people. Being in the position where Truro are they're going to have to deal with the knocks that people give not bite back to them all the time. There's going to be loads more of 'I told you so' coming from both sides

In this instance pulling the reserve team has made Truro no more support because of what's happened to the local players who were once proud to play for the club. The owner, you would hope would know what he's doing or why he's done it (real reason yet to be known) but for me it's a crazy decision.

The club is reliant on a new ground coming in. The agreement has been signed but there is no land readily available at the moment. Don't forget that the owner hoped to be in a new ground for start of 15/16 season. That's 13 months away.

I wish the club and the loyal supporters all the best but it's just a Shane that they've gone and alienated even more people now.

Regardless of the right or wrong of the withdrawal, surely not informing the managers, or players before announcing publicly is not in anyway acceptable or defendable.

And the subsequent statement still doesn't explain it, one phone call to the manager could have been made.

It's just one big lash up, you can only look on & laugh :c::P:o:drink::drink::drink:

What would you prefer, two weak teams or one STRONG team?

I think the Truro supporters on a whole would prefer the latter.

Your anonymity speaks volumes, like most critics hiding in the shadows as

you say we can only look at your contribution and 'LAUGH OUT LOUDER'.

They think they are going to make it to the Conference...no chance! Just like the stadium...no chance. I have said all along Kevin Heaney is still involved somewhere im sure. Only a matter of time before he surfaces again

It takes a good team to get out of the Southern League, many of us are hopeful but know it takes time, unfortunately there will not be many left on here for us to witness eating their own words if Mr Masters achieves (as you indicate) the impossible dream.

It's just one big lash up, you can only look on & laugh

What would you prefer, two weak teams or one STRONG team?

I think the Truro supporters on a whole would prefer the latter.

Your anonymity speaks volumes, like most critics hiding in the shadows as

you say we can only look at your contribution and 'LAUGH OUT LOUDER'.

It's the difference between being a football TEAM and a football CLUB. A club shouldn't just be based around one team who will all probably be playing somewhere else within 24 months. If Truro are going to build a base to make a sustainable club, reserve and youth teams should be near the centre of their business plan. If the reserves are too far removed from the first team, they need to invest in them and get them promoted to the next level and start from there.

Don't forget a lot of the Bideford players who finished near the play-off positions in Step 3 last year came from Step 5/6 backgrounds, and their reserve side is a level lower than the Peninsula League west and the club have put an Academy team in the bottom division of the North Devon League for the forthcoming season. Building from within.

Oh and least I post under my real name, your "Mountaineer" alias is as anonymous as the "yeww" one you vilify above.

Richard I have never kept my name secret, I am openly known as Ivor Marshall but the Mountaineer handle is more recognisable on the forums and in conversation, my profile states most things like D O B, location, team followed etc so not totally anonymous like "yeww".- If I remember correctly many years ago whilst setting up a profile we were requested to use a name other than our own to use when posting. When responding to posts/criticism it is nice to have some idea where the loyalties of those posting lie, it helps at times to understand why.

If they have entered already, they may as well drop out now before the draw is made. Must be consistent!

But to be serious they probably won't want their league schedule interrupted as CSC will take priority and the pitch might get cut up.

Dare you to enter...

Do they have a choice?

I think there may be a clause somewhere in the CCFA rule book to exclude Truro City on the grounds that there is too big a gap between the levels they play whereas, the Liverpool's Man Utd's of this world annually enter their local county cups, again proof there is a difference between football and oof it. :thumbsup: (I like it here).

If they have entered already, they may as well drop out now before the draw is made. Must be consistent!

But to be serious they probably won't want their league schedule interrupted as CSC will take priority and the pitch might get cut up.

Our league schedule was interrupted for the county cup games last season when teams like Stourbridge were competing in their local county cups, where is Stourbridge you may ask, you have to cross the Tamar to get there. :drink: (I could get to like this more).

Being serious for a second and talking of cups.

The CFA now have a slight problem with the demise of Truro City Reserves.

There were 16 clubs in SWPL Div 1 West to fill the places in the draw for the Cornwall Charity Cup.

Now they there are 15 so the CFA have to chose a side from either the ECPL or CCL to take their place.

I reckon it should be the winners of the Evely Cup but as they were Torpoint Reserves, then the other finalists, St Day should take the last spot in the Charity Cup.

Anyone agree or disagree?

AS the Cornish Charity Cup is by invitation the CCFA will find a replacement for Truro to make up the 16 club competition from either the ECPL or JCCL but who?

In the Cornwall Senior Cup Truro City will have to be represented in some format.

I can not see The Southern League conceding a League fixture on Easter Monday in aid of a County competition.

AS the Cornish Charity Cup is by invitation the CCFA will find a replacement for Truro to make up the 16 club competition from either the ECPL or JCCL but who?

In the Cornwall Senior Cup Truro City will have to be represented in some format.

I can not see The Southern League conceding a League fixture on Easter Monday in aid of a County competition.

Mike I can see no problem with the Easter Monday fixture apart from it falling on the last day of a season when all teams in the league have to play their final game on the same day and at the same time.

I think to be eligible to play in the FA Cup you must play in your counties FA approved tournament ie The Senior Cup.

Even Liverpool and Chelski field teams in their respective competitions .

That's why Plymouth,Exeter , Torquay all play in the Devon Bowl.

Could be wrong but I think that's the case ?

No that's not the case. Several clubs for example the London ones, don't play in a County Cup.

Of last year's Preimer League clubs

Arsenal - no

Aston Villa - no

Chelsea - no

Crystal Palace - no

Everton - yes

Fulham - no

Hull City - yes

Liverpool - yes

Manchester City - yes

Manchester United - yes

Newcastle United - yes

Norwich City - yes

Southampton - no

Stoke City - yes

Sunderland - no

Tottenham - no

W B A - yes

West Ham - no

In addition, neither Cardiff nor Swansea played in any equivalent Welsh regional cups.

Each County FA appears to have different rules especially where bigger clubs are concerned that they may be able to pay a fee in lieu of entereing a County Cup.

(Of course in all the cases above the club was actually represented by a reserves/U21/youth team in the county cup matches

Not sure the CCFA can prevent Truro City from playing in the Senior Cup even if they wanted to. I can actually imagine they would privately hope they do reach the final, the interest from real local football fans wanting a real Cornish side to beat City would be huge. Having said that, there are plenty of SWPL sides who could knock City out before that ever happened.

It will also give City a taste of things to come, when they fall from that lofty perch they have placed themselves upon, as it crumbles beneath them, they will have to beg the SWPL to take them back.

I was listening to Pete Masters talking to Laurence Reed today and mr Masters does seem quite a good bloke and seems to have the club at heart ,looking forward to seeing the G play Truro on friday night i think they will give Truro a good game i wander who Jamie Lowry will play for because he plays for both teams . I thenk Truro will have a real good season

As you say 100% Cornish it should be a good game and Godolphin should not be taken for granted, one reason being that the G are a team that are used to playing together for several seasons whereas the Truro side have never played a competitive game together, I remember when we played Penryn in a friendly last season. Should be a good crowd as city got a coachload coming out more than the seven Nemmy said we brought with us last time ( another Fact he has got wrong) Look forward to meeting you on the night 100% Cornish and am very glad you are improving after all you health problems.

I was listening to Pete Masters talking to Laurence Reed today and mr Masters does seem quite a good bloke and seems to have the club at heart ,looking forward to seeing the G play Truro on friday night i think they will give Truro a good game i wander who Jamie Lowry will play for because he plays for both teams . I thenk Truro will have a real good season

See you there.

TISA always there.

Obviously, no-one is directly connected with a Club and therefore has no access to the latest Rules of the Cornwall Senior Cup - but the Senior Cup is only open to teams playing at step 5 or below. There are also restrictions on players who play above this level playing for other Clubs in the competition.

Nothing secret about it. Try reading the rules on the cornwallfa.com site!

RULES OF THE SENIOR CUP COMPETITION

1. The first teams of all Senior Clubs affiliated to this Association, must compete in the competition with the exception of teams and players competing at Step 4 and above in National League System wherein a Reserve team may compete.