Welton Rovers                 1-1       Torpoint Athletic

FA CUP, Preliminary Round

Bideford                           4-0       Helston Athletic

Buckland Athletic            1-1        Okehampton Argyle

Falmouth Town                2-6        Frome Town

Nailsea & Tickenham      0-3        Highworth Town

St Blazey                          1-5        Mousehole

Tavistock                         3-5        Barnstaple Town

F A Cup excitement building at Bickland with the arrival of Southern League (Div.1S)  FROME TOWN-

Anticipating a visit from F A Cup Winner (1955/56)  Bill Leivers of Manchester City --he his the grandfather of  Bradley Leivers the Falmouth wing back.

Dave-I tried to Post as a New story but couldn't get to the selected catagory and then the complicated security  check-pictures too small for startrers.

HALF TIME FA Cup 

Bideford 1-Helston 0,    Falmouth 0--Frome 2,  St.Blazey 0--Mousehole 2

FULL TIMe 

Bideford 4--Helston 0,  Falmouth 2--Frome 6,  St.Blazey 1--Mousehole 5

Southern League 3--Western League  0  Goals For 15--Against 3 

Added Time at Falmouth  6minutes first half   12 minutes second half- Heaviest ever FA Cup  defeat at Bickland.

1 hour ago, Mike Odgers said:

HALF TIME FA Cup 

Bideford 1-Helston 0,    Falmouth 0--Frome 2,  St.Blazey 0--Mousehole 2

FULL TIMe 

Bideford 4--Helston 0,  Falmouth 2--Frome 6,  St.Blazey 1--Mousehole 5

Southern League 3--Western League  0  Goals For 15--Against 3 

Added Time at Falmouth  6minutes first half   12 minutes second half- Heaviest ever FA Cup  defeat at Bickland.

Another entry for the Falmouth history books.

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Saturday 19 August 2023

Well what can i say about this performance by Newquay vs Bodmin this afternoon in there 5-0 win Bodmin started off good but then Newquay where brilliant and was dominant throughout the match and could of scored a lot more but the 5 thry did score from Harry Tillston 2 Coen Briggs ,Cam Turner and Louis Price .

I wasnt sure if it was Shaun Vincent manager today sorry if it was Shaun for no saying hello but you had you hands full with that team and some of those players where not trying there hardest and if i was the manager they would be gone .

I have just noticed Bodmin even had there centre half Jordan Stidson in goal and i was expecting to see young Alfie Eccles in goal so Bodmin couldnt of found a goalie to play in todays match .

I have seen a lot of Bodmin in pre season and thought they where in for a good season how wrong i was its going to be a long season for whoever is i charge .

I cant remember who had what shots Newquay had so many and this team will give teams a lot of good games ,even with Jordan Stidson in goal he didnt have much chance with the Newquay goals no one is going to stop 1 from Cam Turner there was uproar about Newquays 1st goal Bodmin claiming it was offside but it was definitly onside 

Ok Mom for Newquay hard one to pick thats why im picking the lot they where all brilliant even the subs as for Bodmin im going for Jordan Stidson for going in goal and for entertainment value thats Charlie Hardcastle saw him against Truro and he was brilliant . 

I hope Bodmin can sort out there problems i can see why Dane left and whoever is in charge they are going to need a lot of luck and some different players 

Well done Newquay on a brilliant performance but l will see  how good this Newquay side is when they play Wadebridge on Wednesday and they are up against 1 of the best goalies around in Rob Rosevear but young Adam in the Newquay goal has not let me down so far lol 

2 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

Well what can i say about this performance by Newquay vs Bodmin this afternoon in there 5-0 win Bodmin started off good but then Newquay where brilliant and was dominant throughout the match and could of scored a lot more but the 5 thry did score from Harry Tillston 2 Coen Briggs ,Cam Turner and Louis Price .

I wasnt sure if it was Shaun Vincent manager today sorry if it was Shaun for no saying hello but you had you hands full with that team and some of those players where not trying there hardest and if i was the manager they would be gone .

I have just noticed Bodmin even had there centre half Jordan Stidson in goal and i was expecting to see young Alfie Eccles in goal so Bodmin couldnt of found a goalie to play in todays match .

I have seen a lot of Bodmin in pre season and thought they where in for a good season how wrong i was its going to be a long season for whoever is i charge .

I cant remember who had what shots Newquay had so many and this team will give teams a lot of good games ,even with Jordan Stidson in goal he didnt have much chance with the Newquay goals no one is going to stop 1 from Cam Turner there was uproar about Newquays 1st goal Bodmin claiming it was offside but it was definitly onside 

Ok Mom for Newquay hard one to pick thats why im picking the lot they where all brilliant even the subs as for Bodmin im going for Jordan Stidson for going in goal and for entertainment value thats Charlie Hardcastle saw him against Truro and he was brilliant . 

I hope Bodmin can sort out there problems i can see why Dane left and whoever is in charge they are going to need a lot of luck and some different players 

Well done Newquay on a brilliant performance but l will see  how good this Newquay side is when they play Wadebridge on Wednesday and they are up against 1 of the best goalies around in Rob Rosevear but young Adam in the Newquay goal has not let me down so far lol 

Wrong section 

no one cares about the SW pub league here, this section is for the big boys league 

Wrong section i was the 1st to write a report of a match today and put it in the section that said todays results because there no reports from todays matches anywhere .Im sure that nice man Dave Deacon will put it  in to right section then i can read all the flack forgot to mention the ref Dave Bartlan was good so was his assitants .Feel sorry for Bodmin if Ryan Rickard had been in goal but hes away it would not of been 5-0 when you got to play your centre half in goal for the whole match you got problems 

Well said.  Pub league ?   Some good players /sides in this division   Granted my side Bodmin are in a bit of trouble at the moment but will soon get going   Took a visit to Dobwalls and witnessed a good young side win well.      Good day had by all

15 hours ago, Mike Odgers said:

Yes all recorded Bill---Also another  bit of trivia Falmouth have scored 8 goals this season from 8 different scorers.

Mike

Any idea what’s happened at Town regarding media this season.

Hardly any match reports on website or papers, infrequent social media updates especially on Twitter even on match days for first team, non existent for 2nds and U18s and the thing I miss the most is the match highlights that were put up after every game using the veo camera. Who was doing them and why have they stopped?

14 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

Stidds is actually a goalkeeper of a very high standard steve. He gave it up as he found it boring ! As a youth player he was on pro club books as a keeper.

Obviously was a busy boy yesterday !

32 minutes ago, Falmouthman said:

Mike

Hardly any match reports on website or papers, infrequent social media updates especially on Twitter even on match days for first team, non existent for 2nds and U18s and the thing I miss the most is the match highlights that were put up after every game using the veo camera. Who was doing them and why have they stopped?

Now what’s that song about singing….??🤣🤣🤣

31 minutes ago, Falmouthman said:

Mike

Not sure why but the key man has set up The Cornish Sports Media I believe- also I have made a complaint to The Falmouth Packet newspaper (last week all Truro City and Pirates.

Falmouth Town 2. Frome Town 6.

Disappointing game for Falmouth yesterday.

Falmouth started the game brightly and probably had more of the ball and played more in the Frome half, at least for the first 25 minutes.  However, Falmouth still couldn't really fully control the game with overhit and wayward passes and crosses.  That being said, Frome from the Southern league were a very solid side and as the game progressed, more and more of the 2nd ball was won and the Falmouth midfield were less and less influential.  The first goal from Frome was a superb finish which left Coxhead in the Falmouth goal helpless.  The 2nd goal was as a result of a Falmouth mix-up and the ball was easily passed into the net by the Frome forward.  2-0 at half-time.

Clearly, Falmouth needed to up their game in the 2nd-half and the excellent Ollie Walker, coming back from a 3 match-ban, came on at the start of the 2nd half.  Falmouth started to take the game to Frome, but again, a Frome attack resulted in another goal which, whilst taken well, seemed preventable from the side-lines. A 4th goal followed quickly and Falmouth looked lost.

Soon after, Falmouth changed shape, taking full-back Kayden Gordon-Dunn off and replacing him with wide player Jacob Grange.  Falmouth started to get some success down the flanks and pulled one back from Grange. Grange looks to be a promising player and is starting to look comfortable at this level. Ollie Walker was also excellent when Falmouth could get him the ball.  Unfortunately, Frome went up the other end and scored another two in quick succession.  Ollie Walker scored a a consolation goal in stoppage time but the game ended with a 6-2 loss for Falmouth.

Next game for Falmouth is in the FA Vase against Honiton next Saturday at Bickland.  

Some interesting results/scores yesterday, demonstrating we can’t rely on previous match results/score lines and high profile signings to forecast a result at moment. A lot of front runners are hot and cold at the moment. With 4 playoff places up for grabs it’s going to be an exciting season involving many upsets.

1 hour ago, The Town Man said:

No-one from Falmouth or Helston singing this morning!!!

Absolutely. Bigger fish to fry for Helston possibly but still a chastening defeat for them. 

46 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

No filming of the Helston game either.

Might be to do with permissions?? 

St Blazey 1v5 Mousehole. Att.303

St Blazey a bit walking wounded at the moment. First sub after 12 minutes. Another at half time. Two other places battled on. Not the best situation when your playing a team like Mousehole.

St Blazey had the best chance to score again when it was 0v0. Would have given us a huge boost to go in front but it wasn't to be. Two late goals in the first half killed the game and the another after half time ended any hope. 

A long injury to a Mousehole player seemed to quieten the crowd and once play was underway again Mousehole scored two late goals to give it a one sided look. My motm, Kieron Bishop, got a late consolation goal which he deserved for his hard work. 

A good crowd of over 300 was good to see on what turned out to be a glorious afternoon after the mornings wet weather.

St Blazey make the short trip to Dobwalls next Saturday in the. F.A Vase. 

St Blazey then face a trip to Buckland on the Wednesday night before returning to Blaise Park for the visit of Ilfracombe. 

11 hours ago, Wetsuit said:

Well said.  Pub league ?   Some good players /sides in this division   Granted my side Bodmin are in a bit of trouble at the moment but will soon get going   Took a visit to Dobwalls and witnessed a good young side win well.      Good day had by all

Not many good sides anymore. SWPL- W much weaker than the offering east of the Tamar. I'm not going down the pub league route but there are only about six who can be competitive in this league. The likes of Liskeard and St A virtually guaranteed points and often a sackful of goals against the rest. We all love lots of goals, but we all like proper contests rather than foregone conclusions many weeks.

22 hours ago, quiksilver said:

Wrong section 

no one cares about the SW pub league here, this section is for the big boys league 

100% made a mistake - no need for the snarkiness. I often disagree with him, but appreciate the effort he goes to in provide match reports and his obvious love for the local game.

41 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

Very poor crowds for Tavistock. . Big game against Barnstable who brought down a few and still only 170 ??   

I watch Tavi a lot. I've frequently never understood the apathy of the people of the town. From SWPL to almost SL play-offs last season, yet still the crowds don't come. The players have done their bit, the ground is tidy, the people welcoming - what else can the Lambs do?