Callington Town   6-2       Penzance 

Dobwalls              2-1           Bude Town 

Launceston         2-2           Sticker 

Liskeard Athletic   5-0       Camelford 

St Blazey         2-4         Wendron United 

St Dennis             4-3          Mullion 

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Saturday 22 April 2023

Liskeard 5-0 Camelford

The Blues ended their season in style with a rampant display over 9th place Camelford.
Dan Jennings opened the scoring with a bundled in finish to give the blues and early lead as they came out of the traps firing. Max Gilbert shortly made it 2-0 with a powerful strike leaving goalkeeper Josh Colwill with no chance from just inside the box. Camelford captain Charlie Hambly saw a free kick fantastically saved at the other end by blues GK Luke Gwillam at full stretch with one hand, to which the Blues capitalised on this missed chance by scoring a 3rd through Ruben Kane putting the ball in from all of 5 yds. HT 3-0.

Liskeard came out second half just as they left the first and shortly after half time they made it 4-0 through Dan Jennings again for his 41st goal of the season winning him the Golden Boot. With the pick of the bunch to make it 5, Liskeard must’ve made about 20 passes starting from the back, working the ball all the way out to young Harvey Mullis at RB and he rifled one in from 25 yards on the right wing - a great strike worthy of winning any game of football. All around a solid defensive display too keeping a clean sheet.

Great finish to the league season for Liskeard, in which they face Newton Abbott Spurs in the WCP League Cup semi final on Tuesday, for a place in the final on May 13th vs Okehampton.

Well done DJ, 👏🏼👍  told him last August at Lanhydrock driving range ️ he would end up winning the golden boot in that Liskeard team!! Luckily both of us found it easier finding the net than we did hitting a golf ball straight!! 😂👍. Congrats to Blazey, worthy and deserving champions! Wendron superb runners up, what a club they are! And Liskeard, hopefully go on to win the league cup to go with their 3rd place 👏🏼👍

Went and watched the Champions play Wendron this afternoon and you had to think who the Champions where this afternoon ,Wendron where brilliant and tore the Blazey defence to pieces time after time Josh Wood had the beating of the Blazey defence everytime the usually reliable defence for Blazey are usually really good but they where poor today and they will need lots of new players when they go up a league out of the team on the pitch today i would pick no more than 4 players to play in the Western League and the only 1 who would settle in well there for me is River Allen he wasnt at his best today but still scored a class goal.

Wendron went -in 3-0 at Ht but in the 2nd Half made a game of it bringing on 3 subs with Liam Eddy bringing life into the poor Blazey side ,they brought it back to 3-2 but Wendron had the final say and got a 4th on a extremely wet and awful day poor Smokie was shaking but we found a good place in the 2nd half out of the rain 

Wendron deserve so much more praise than they get Mike McDonald should be manager of the year and Wendron team of the year they where simply that good today and the football they play is lovely to watch '

My Mom for St Blazey Ollie Brokenshire and for Wendron im going for 2 Russel May and Ethan Fern ,Ethan did a wonder 1 hand save which was really good .

Well done Blazey but Wendron you are my Champions 

Now to wait for the pre season matches and i hope Plymouth Argyle 1st team travel over to Cornwall to say thankyou to all the Cornish fans that support them and went to Wembley .Hope Wadebridge have good friendlies like they did last Summer i seemed of went there every week sometimes twice a week .Be nice if a Man UTD Legends came down here or a Liverpool legends like when they came to Newquay what a crowd there was that day want days like that up at Mt Wise again For

got to add the referee mr Lee ROBERTS AND his assitants MR ENGLAND AND MR BARKER where excellent to control the game well in atrocious conditions there i can be nice to refs sometimes 

DSCN9436.JPG

DSCN9439.JPG

It’s Mike O’Neill Steve, think Mike McDonald was or is an old American singer with the Doobie Brothers? Bit before my time really but think my dear old mum had some of it? Rubbish it was! Not to be confused with Malcolm McDonald the old Newcastle striker or Scooby Doo the dog or Donald Duck the duck. Hope this helps mate? 🤔😂

Agree with you Steve, think if you put it all into perspective, with the budgets of the top sides etc, Mike would probably be the manager of the season, to finish runners up in this league and another Senior cup run to the semi’s is another great achievement on the back of last seasons 3rd place and Senior cup final. Well done Mike 👊🏼👏🏼

Thanks 100%. It’s Mike O’Neill though, Josh McDonald is his assistant which is where you may have got that from and Bryan Scoffin is the other member of the management team. 
Enjoyable game yesterday. 
Blaise Park was looking great, supported by a good crowd and atmosphere. Nice touch involving the youth setup too. 
Congratulations to Blazey again on their league win and best of luck for next season in the Western League. 

7 hours ago, WendronOfficial said:

Thanks 100%. It’s Mike O’Neill though, Josh McDonald is his assistant which is where you may have got that from and Bryan Scoffin is the other member of the management team. 
Enjoyable game yesterday. 
Blaise Park was looking great, supported by a good crowd and atmosphere. Nice touch involving the youth setup too. 
Congratulations to Blazey again on their league win and best of luck for next season in the Western League. 

Sorry - just to add. Good day for Alan Buckley - top man and got to see his twin sons play against each other yesterday. Sam for Blazey and Tyler for ourselves, picking up 1st and 2nd respectively. 

BODMIN  1-2  NEWQUAY 

ATT  86

MOM   Ryan Rickard (Bodmin), Jake Shaw (Newquay)

Bit of a surreal afternoon at Priory Park, had many happy days there and a few sad ones but this was a bit in between 🤔 felt more like mid January than end of April with the rain bucketing down all game and 2nd half even felt pretty cold high up in that big stand, 7c to be exact! Obviously with other big games on in the county the crowd was rather sparse but was boosted by 20/25 blokes on a stag do to Newquay from Birmingham and with the rubbish weather decided to adopt the local team for the afternoon and follow them to Bodmin!! Some funny comments and chants followed as the drinks flowed although the drum started to do your head in a bit by the 2nd half!

The game was just as weird really, Newquay already deservedly finished in a top 6 position, and Bodmin comfortable in mid table saw the visitors completely dominating for about 75 of the 90 minutes but either the final ball was lacking or a pass was held onto for too long instead of playing better positioned players in and when a bit of quality was actually produced the finish just wasn’t there with players an inch or two away or the Peppermints were denied by Bodmins excellent captain and goalkeeper Ryan Rickard who was throwing himself around his area, probably the only player enjoying the weather! The mother in law won the half time 50/50 £15 so the coffees were on her and I just about finished it to see Bodmin take the lead on the hour when a great 30 yard strike was parried out by Harry Ashton only as far as the forward following in to tuck it in the corner well. It was hard to believe after seeing Newquay have probably 80/20% possession wise and to be fair the hosts had a good 15 minute spell after that having a goal disallowed for a foul from a header following a corner. Think Dane has a few players to work with next season especially the young number 3 in midfield who looked quality and if he can keep Ryan in goal, but no doubt a busy summer ahead for him.

Normal service was resumed for the last 20 with Newquay battering the home goal and Rickard looking pretty much unbeatable until he yet again saved a shot at full stretch but the impressive visiting wing back Jake Shaw followed up to score much to the delight of the brummy boozers who had already took a shine to him and were chanting his name all 2nd half! Along with Lino give us a wave!! Poor old officials always cop it don’t they! Well refereed in the main as well I thought on a tricky surface day for tackles etc, very sensible refereeing and on top of most things all game 👏🏼👍 Fortunately for us Newquay supporters we did clinch the points in the last 5 minutes when Sub Scott Flannigan was on hand to knock in a close range winner, bit ironic that 2 right backs were the goal scorers on the day when Newquay had so much attacking talent on the pitch! Jared Sims, Cam Turner, Alex Cole, Jack Rapsey, Brad Leivers, and young Connor Wharton will all wonder how they didn’t score yesterday!! If it was one of those shots on target/shots off target bets there were probably about 15 each of them on the day!!! Newquay always seem to come up against an inspired keeper lately as well!!! 😳👏🏼

You’ll probably be pleased to know my notepad and ramblings won’t be as frequent next season with the news Rappo Jnr has just accepted a teaching job in Abu Dhabi for the next 2 years!! Obviously gutted being a lover of all things Cornish football but obviously an opportunity he couldn’t turn down for someone in their early 20s either financially or as a lifetime experience. Obviously very proud of him and will certainly miss watching him playing for this Newquay team under Craig and Ash having played 90 minutes of every game (apart from a 10 minute sin bin v Dobwalls😳) since he signed and I know he has massive respect for them and it’s been brilliant seeing him play with his mates there and a smile on his face, brilliant for me as a dad too having spent 5 happy seasons at the club as a youngster. I’ll obviously continue to support the Peppermints and it’s always a pleasure watching them play and the great work Craig and Ash are doing at Mount Wise, long may it continue. Luckily my older lad Ben is back playing after a 10 year break! And banging a few in too so I’ll have a Rapsey to watch still next season at Perranwell, another old club.

If I go to a SWL game next season I’ll always throw the score on here as that’s what the forum is all about in my opinion with the demise of the papers we used to get back in the day before this social media stuff we got today!! Just not the long winded reports you’ll be glad to know! Well done to the few that still bother, always good to know how other games and teams are getting on! And you can still always listen to the Rappo & Deacs Friday Fix for all things Cornish football!! There’s not much going on that Deacs doesn’t know about! Mr Sir Cornish Football! 👍️ Anyway, great season, shame bout the merger, feel for the top 4 clubs but fully understand the leagues decision not to be walked over. Hopefully all those clubs plus others can go again next season and we’ll have another great league on our hands and well done St.Blazey, look forward to watching and supporting my local club in the Western league a good bit next season, except when they play Falmouth of course who I will have a chance to watch a bit more no doubt!!! 😀💛🖤 Have a good summer everyone and don’t worry, it’ll soon be the end of July again and we’ll be seeing what friendly we can go to! 😁👍

Rappo...... can I please say thank you very much for all your match reports and comments throughout this season . For health reasons I have not been able to attend matches this year but I have enjoyed reading all your reports and they have kept me in touch with the game I love.

Please keep some of your reports going next season. They are greatly appreciated.

Fortunately my health has improved enough for me to get to my 1st match in over a year (truro v redtuth) and I hope to be able to get to more next season. 

Thank you Rappo and thank you to this Forum for keeping me up to speed with Cornish Football.

Sorry to hear that BigG, glad you’re on the mend and managed to get to a game and see Truro win the St.Piran league. Thanks for the kind words, much appreciated, just wish we could see more match reports and constructive stuff rather than a few trollers fishing for a cheap bite on here, put a lot of the good old posters off lately I think. Best wishes to you BigG for continued good health and thanks Steve, im sure Mike and Josh won’t mind you getting them mixed up, they’ve just had a great season!! Hope you and Smokey have a great summer and no doubt catch you at football somewhere soon mate 👍

Sr Blazey 2v4 Wendron United. Att.266. Although the bar was packed as the rain kept many inside. Relentless weather.

Congratulations to Wendron on sealing runners up. Took St Blazey to go 3 down to get into the game. Scored one, one ruled out, very soft decision, grabbed another and the come back was on. Chances came and went. Wendron finished the game off in the dying seconds.

Captured a few bits to give supporters a flavour of the day. Phil Hiscox presenting the trophy. Celebrations on the pitch and late into the night. 

A wonderful season. Looking forward to the Western league next season. What that will look like yet is anyone's guess. 

Be catching you at Wadebridge Mark   for there pre season matches hope they have the same teams again like Mousehole ,Truro Reserves ,Helston Tavi maybe they will get Plymouth Argyle there .Smokie is still traumatised after the soaking he got yesterday he was shaking with the cold poor little sod ,and i cancelled my Hospital appointment to go there in all that weather yesterday so tmmrw better make another appointment so annoying .

Have a good Summer everyone

The final league doesn’t lie. Tge teams are where they are on merit. Biast or not being a true blue I’m a bit disappointed with how we’ve finished but hopefully the cup semi & poss final will make it a decent season for Liskeard. 
my hat really goes out to Wendron. When on resources they’ve been the team of the year.  I think nxt season will definitely be interesting for a lot of reasons & maybe an Air of optimism in local football for a change. 
well Done blazey. Brad & Andrew nxt season in the western league & let’s see how the rest battle it out nxt year 

37 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

Be catching you at Wadebridge Mark   for there pre season matches hope they have the same teams again like Mousehole ,Truro Reserves ,Helston Tavi maybe they will get Plymouth Argyle there .Smokie is still traumatised after the soaking he got yesterday he was shaking with the cold poor little sod ,and i cancelled my Hospital appointment to go there in all that weather yesterday so tmmrw better make another appointment so annoying .

Have a good Summer everyone

Stop subjecting that poor dog to the weather. If you want to go sit in the rain and watch football that's your choice but don't force your dog to suffer. 

Thanks Keith, appreciate that and hope you have a good summer mate. 👍️  Tinners looking favourites for the Combo league title mate 👍 Teams in green have done alright this season haven’t they!? Mousehole, Blazey, St.Just? Argyle? 🟩👏🏼

Dobwalls 2 Bude 1

Despite the weather this game was played at a furious pace from start to finish.

Dobwalls raced into a 2 goal lead from Fyneboys and Oscar Larrieau.

Bude were moaning at the referee for every decision and he handled it well, threatening to sin bin a couple which calmed things down.

The visitors pulled a goal back before the break to set up an interesting 2nd half.

Both sides went close but couldn't find the target.

With minutes to go Tornado Bello threw himself to the floor in the penalty box only to receive a yellow card for simulation.

He carried on arguing with the referee who then sent him to the sin bin.

All in all it was a thoroughly  entertaining game despite getting soaked.

With the season almost at an end I hope you all have a great summer.

Best of luck to both clubs for next season.

On 23/04/2023 at 10:07, RAPPO said:

Rappo Jnr has just accepted a teaching job in Abu Dhabi for the next 2 years!! Obviously gutted being a lover of all things Cornish football but obviously an opportunity he couldn’t turn down for someone in their early 20s either financially or as a lifetime experience.

Come on Mark don't be shy you can tell the truth.

Jack's playing with Ronaldo next season isn't he ?! 😉

On 22/04/2023 at 19:07, Football Follower 456 said:

Liskeard 5-0 Camelford

The Blues ended their season in style with a rampant display over 9th place Camelford.
Dan Jennings opened the scoring with a bundled in finish to give the blues and early lead as they came out of the traps firing. Max Gilbert shortly made it 2-0 with a powerful strike leaving goalkeeper Josh Colwill with no chance from just inside the box. Camelford captain Charlie Hambly saw a free kick fantastically saved at the other end by blues GK Luke Gwillam at full stretch with one hand, to which the Blues capitalised on this missed chance by scoring a 3rd through Ruben Kane putting the ball in from all of 5 yds. HT 3-0.

Liskeard came out second half just as they left the first and shortly after half time they made it 4-0 through Dan Jennings again for his 41st goal of the season winning him the Golden Boot. With the pick of the bunch to make it 5, Liskeard must’ve made about 20 passes starting from the back, working the ball all the way out to young Harvey Mullis at RB and he rifled one in from 25 yards on the right wing - a great strike worthy of winning any game of football. All around a solid defensive display too keeping a clean sheet.

Great finish to the league season for Liskeard, in which they face Newton Abbott Spurs in the WCP League Cup semi final on Tuesday, for a place in the final on May 13th vs Okehampton.

Brilliant report! Superb Blues performance and the fifth goal from Harvey Mullis was a thing of beauty. 

Whilst the overall standard in the SWPL West has been disappointing, the Top 4 sides Blazey, the Dron, Blues and the Bridgers have all played some outstanding football this season.

Whilst I was hoping Liskeard might pip Wendron to the second spot, one can have nothing out praise for them. Wendron, congratulations on that second place - a richly deserved league placing for a fine club and talented team. 

Lastly well done Blues - so much sparkling football seen at Lux Park. A joy to watch and hopefully the League Cup can be won to reward Liskeard for their enterprising football. COYB!

I dont sit in the rain Football Chat i stand in the rain and my dog loves going to the football , i have tried to get out without him noticing but he always wants to go but at St Blazey was bad but we found a nice little spot under cover in the 2nd half and Smokie liked it in there .He will get withdrawal symptoms now until pre season friendlies start 

2 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

I dont sit in the rain Football Chat i stand in the rain and my dog loves going to the football , i have tried to get out without him noticing but he always wants to go but at St Blazey was bad but we found a nice little spot under cover in the 2nd half and Smokie liked it in there .He will get withdrawal symptoms now until pre season friendlies start 

He's a dog. He doesn't get withdrawl symptoms from missing football.

He wants to leave because you're his companion and he trusts you to keep him safe. Not give him hypothermia.

You could take him to watch lawn bowls and he'd enjoy your company, it's not specific to football.

Forcing an animal to stand in the rain until they shiver from the cold is abusive.

1 hour ago, FootballChat said:

He's a dog. He doesn't get withdrawl symptoms from missing football.

He wants to leave because you're his companion and he trusts you to keep him safe. Not give him hypothermia.

You could take him to watch lawn bowls and he'd enjoy your company, it's not specific to football.

Forcing an animal to stand in the rain until they shiver from the cold is abusive.

Come on. How do you know what the dog is thinking?

Was speaking to my dog the other day and he loves coming to watch me play water polo. 

3 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

Good on you.....your dog sounds like he gets plenty of exercise and plenty of attention ❤️

11 hours ago, SON OF LINEKER said:

Come on Mark don't be shy you can tell the truth.

Jack's playing with Ronaldo next season isn't he ?! 😉

Haha he’s already picked out a few golf courses over there Steve!! ️  Reckon he’ll be down to scratch after those couple of years!! He thrashes me by 5 - 10 shots every round now so I’m not looking forward to playing him when he gets back from there mate!! Hoping he’ll still play some footie out there but looks like it’ll be a bit hot!! Can’t imagine him not kicking a ball around anywhere in the world though Steve!?! Hope you’re well mate 👍

9 hours ago, MattP said:

Apparently Ronaldo always had a dream to play with Rapsey. Just didn’t say which one…. they went for the cheaper option 😆

Haha I’m sure he’d set a few up for him Matt! 😁👍️  Think Ronaldo would have chosen my Great Uncle Harry mate, he was the best Rapsey apparently!!? All the old Newquay boys used to tell me I was better than my dad and my grandad but I’d never be as good as my Great Uncle Harry!! Bless them!! 😁😬 He did score 7 in Cornwalls 8-1 win over Wiltshire in the mid 30s, still a record I think? Must admit I never managed that for Cornwall!!! 🤔🟡️   My dads 4 uncles all played in the same Truro City team in the 30s as well!! Reckon my great gran must have been a busy lady!!!? 😳😂 All the best Matt, congrats on another good season mate. 👍👏🏼

21 hours ago, Plympep said:

The final league doesn’t lie. Tge teams are where they are on merit. Biast or not being a true blue I’m a bit disappointed with how we’ve finished but hopefully the cup semi & poss final will make it a decent season for Liskeard. 
my hat really goes out to Wendron. When on resources they’ve been the team of the year.  I think nxt season will definitely be interesting for a lot of reasons & maybe an Air of optimism in local football for a change. 
well Done blazey. Brad & Andrew nxt season in the western league & let’s see how the rest battle it out nxt year 

Injuries and suspensions around the turn of the year proved to be critical. However 99 league goals, and that is without Lorenz for virtually half a season, says the Blues were still a great watch. At full strength & at their best I think they are the best footballing side in SWPL West. Hopefully progress to a League Cup Final tomorrow, although NA Spurs a decent side, so no easy game ahead. COYB!

Football Chat i do not force my dog to do anything he just likes going footy and yes he was cold and wet on Saturday but there wasnt much shelter with the stand being rebuilt but i will not be taking him in weather like that again .

He gets 2 long walks a day he has Rump Steak he has his own Single bed with his own Electric Blanket but i am abusive am i 

That dog is my life hes worth more than most people he has helped me get through so much shit in my life if it wasnt for him i wouldnt be here now dont know how i cope when hes gone .

I would like to wish young Jack Rapsey all the best in Abu Dhabi in his teaching job im sure he will do well there but he will be back the heat must be unbearable over there and the strict laws they have over there .

Good luck to the young man hell of a big step for someone so young 

8 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

Football Chat i do not force my dog to do anything he just likes going footy and yes he was cold and wet on Saturday but there wasnt much shelter with the stand being rebuilt but i will not be taking him in weather like that again .

He gets 2 long walks a day he has Rump Steak he has his own Single bed with his own Electric Blanket but i am abusive am i 

That dog is my life hes worth more than most people he has helped me get through so much shit in my life if it wasnt for him i wouldnt be here now dont know how i cope when hes gone .

I would like to wish young Jack Rapsey all the best in Abu Dhabi in his teaching job im sure he will do well there but he will be back the heat must be unbearable over there and the strict laws they have over there .

Good luck to the young man hell of a big step for someone so young 

No need to explain yourself to someone who doesn't even know you or your relationship with your dog.

Keep taking smokie to the games.....bet he loves it 😍🐕

On 25/04/2023 at 19:28, Footy follower said:

No need to explain yourself to someone who doesn't even know you or your relationship with your dog.

Keep taking smokie to the games.....bet he loves it 😍🐕

Yep, bet any dog would live being made to stand out in the rain for hours on end until they're shivering with the cold. 🤦‍♂️

Thanks Steve, think Jack is looking forward to the golf courses more than anything else mate!! Proud of him for taking such a big step and going halfway around the world at his age but got every confidence in him and he’ll still only be mid 20s when he gets back, so hopefully still plenty of football for him to play!? My work colleagues daughter went out to Dubai at 22 and she’s still there 7 years later!!! Just hope he comes back!!? 😁😁👍️  He loved it at Newquay but this was an opportunity he couldn’t turn down really mate 👊🏼👍

You’ve given Smokie a great life Steve and anyone who knows you will know that too. Smashing little fella, and you’re great company for each other, wouldn’t be the same not seeing him at the football!! Whatever the weather! Have a good summer and see you pre season somewhere if not before mate 👍

Thanks for your lovely message Mark well done to Jack taking the big step going to Dubai he would regret it if he didnt go ,we have always make mistakes me to many to mention i had a chance to be a Post man when i left School but said no and ended up in a dead end job Digging Graves loved it mind you could tell you a lot of stories of my time doing that in Fairpak Newquay.

No doubt i will see you in Pre season Mark hope Smokie is still with me hes struggling lately 

Going to be a Summer of swimming out the Headland for me and try and shift some weight the Steroids the dr has put me on helps with the pain but doesnt help with the waist line thats my excuse it is not the pasties and Custard Creams thats healthy living .

Like to wish everyone a lovely summer and we will soon be back watching our teams and lots of new signings hopefully .

Ok got to go go im fixing up a new fence 

22 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

Thanks for your lovely message Mark well done to Jack taking the big step going to Dubai he would regret it if he didnt go ,we have always make mistakes me to many to mention i had a chance to be a Post man when i left School but said no and ended up in a dead end job Digging Graves loved it mind you could tell you a lot of stories of my time doing that in Fairpak Newquay.

No doubt i will see you in Pre season Mark hope Smokie is still with me hes struggling lately 

Going to be a Summer of swimming out the Headland for me and try and shift some weight the Steroids the dr has put me on helps with the pain but doesnt help with the waist line thats my excuse it is not the pasties and Custard Creams thats healthy living .

Like to wish everyone a lovely summer and we will soon be back watching our teams and lots of new signings hopefully .

Ok got to go go im fixing up a new fence 

Best wishes to you and Smokie Steve, see you both soon I’m sure 💙

would have been a first class job for you that Steve, sorry you ended up in a dead end job you felt was second class with that post. Sounds like it was a red letter day for you and you made a grave mistake. I’m sure you just buried your disappointment and put your own stamp on your new job! No point digging up the past, just got to call a spade spade. 😁👍