Cornwall Football Forum

Perranporth on the rocks…

Just come back from the old ale house and heard a interesting development. One of my contacts told me the whole Perranporth first team walked before the weekend.  This resulted on the Res team fulfilling the St Pirans fixture and forfeiting their opening Trelawny League match as a result. 

As always just a rumour…..

7 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Surely unless the 7 days have all come in and the time passed, they're not playing for fear of illegal approaches? Unless I suppose they had dual signed for teams in other leagues!

I think when The ex manager lee took over Perranporth a lot of the loyal ones left. They have struggled since 

14 hours ago, Cornish Dave said:

I think when The ex manager lee took over Perranporth a lot of the loyal ones left. They have struggled since 

Tbf to Lee he had to bring a lot of players in to make sure Perran could put a team out, Perran troubles stem a lot further back then Lee. Perran’s biggest downfall was the loss of loyal players years before that. Sadly money ruins clubs 👍

It would be a shame if another grassroots club hit the buffers, the problem needs some in depth inevestigation to Identify why it's happening, rather than a shurg of the shoulders and hoping that the next club won't be yours.
It's good to see that Perranporth have a good set of youth footballers who hopefully will keep the club going, as they will be its future.
There is a tendency to expect certain benefits in life to be laid on for paticipating in football, rather than having to work for them as our forefathers did, I wonder if that is a contributing factor?

Hopefully, it’s a simple case that it’s a Bank Holiday weekend with lots of non-football commitments going on, and with a small squad, they can’t raise a team. I think they’ll stick it out this season like St Dennis in the SWPL last season, and from it, they’ll grow stronger as a club and learn from their past. Best of luck.

32 minutes ago, Box 2 Box said:

Dan Tomassi alluded to the fact players been offered money to play elsewhere and youngsters working during peak season. 🤞 they can see this tough period through .. 

bin off as many players as you can go with the youngsters and  have some patience, they’ll have a bond with the football club if they’ve  come through, these half hearts will only be a bad influence on them . All the best to perran . 

4 hours ago, We Two said:

It would be a shame if another grassroots club hit the buffers, the problem needs some in depth inevestigation to Identify why it's happening, rather than a shurg of the shoulders and hoping that the next club won't be yours.
It's good to see that Perranporth have a good set of youth footballers who hopefully will keep the club going, as they will be its future.
There is a tendency to expect certain benefits in life to be laid on for paticipating in football, rather than having to work for them as our forefathers did, I wonder if that is a contributing factor?

It’s quite simple to sort. Rules changes meaning players can’t sign for multiple clubs each season. Sign for one club that allows you to play for the sides they have be it first or seconds. Stop players picking and choosing what club they are playing for each week. 

19 minutes ago, cornish leg end said:

It’s quite simple to sort. Rules changes meaning players can’t sign for multiple clubs each season. Sign for one club that allows you to play for the sides they have be it first or seconds. Stop players picking and choosing what club they are playing for each week. 

Totally agree the rule as it stands doesn’t promote loyalty. If your not in the first team fight for your place in the seconds and if you want to leave you have to have 7days put in for you. 

31 minutes ago, Jarvo said:

Totally agree the rule as it stands doesn’t promote loyalty. If your not in the first team fight for your place in the seconds and if you want to leave you have to have 7days put in for you. 

That’s how it should be. If they don’t change it we will end up with more and more clubs folding. Young players fighting for a club working there way to the first team is how it should be. Not first teams going out spending lots of money not giving a chance to the second team players then them losing the interest. I’d like to see no money involved in local football I don’t see why it’s needed! 

12 hours ago, Richard Chown said:

It looks like all of Perranporth Res fixtures have been postponed by the Trelawny League. 

Looking at fa website St Pirans games not scheduled.????

1 minute ago, Jarvo said:

Looking at fa website St Pirans games not scheduled.????

I stand corrected now back.

On 23/08/2022 at 21:44, cornish leg end said:

Another club struggling to find real committed players these days. Young players coming through aren’t as interested now the older heads that have played the last 20 years are retiring now young players don’t have the same commitment that’s 10-20 years ago now. 

With the cost of everything going up and up  I expect guys are working longer hours to bring in extra money to live on. Playing football is not their priority at the moment!