Cornwall Football Forum

Ben "Waltz" Waters- The Most Talked About Man In Cornish Football Right Now?

Launceston, under Dan Hart, are confounding the pre season predictions with their start to the league, with Ben Waters (AKA Waltz) grabbing people's attention.

I am sure that it is a team effort, but Waltz seems to be the focal point/pantomime villain in the side. I was aware of him at Liskeard and a few other sides, but would like to know a bit more about him, and how he has suddenly gone from a journeyman centre forward (no offence meant), to possibly the most talked about player in the Peninsula League at the moment.

• Ian Pethick changed the title to Ben "Waltz" Waters- The Most Talked About Man In Cornish Football Right Now?

seen them this season tough team to brake down very organised, to finish out the bottom 6 be a good achievement still. but waters aint just talked about on the football pitch either, does seems to be nightmare to play against on his day & a nightmare off it as well! #hideyourwallets 

1 hour ago, Way Of The Park said:

Launceston, under Dan Hart, are confounding the pre season predictions with their start to the league, with Ben Waters (AKA Waltz) grabbing people's attention.

I am sure that it is a team effort, but Waltz seems to be the focal point/pantomime villain in the side. I was aware of him at Liskeard and a few other sides, but would like to know a bit more about him, and how he has suddenly gone from a journeyman centre forward (no offence meant), to possibly the most talked about player in the Peninsula League at the moment.

This started when rappo slated him, then rapidly back tracked when he found out who his father was. Lol

21 minutes ago, Mike Odgers said:

Ben Waters had a short spell at Falmouth 2000-01 -Would that be Waters Senior ?

Yea is the old man … played all over Devon and Cornwall in the late 80s 87 I think he made his debut with torpoint under Phil cardew till 2005 ish with Liskeard . And as for me being talked about . I’ve had a good start way of the park but only 7 games in . So don’t get carried away .. 😂I’m playing well because I’m fit and the team are doing everything we can to get the results . Sometimes you go to a team and it just works .. and it has here !!! As for the team we got a way of playing and it’s suits .. we pride are selfs Hard work and determination and hopefully I show that from the front and everyone has to follow . , Dan and Todd have assembled a great group of young lads who wanna learn and are each and every game … And a couple of old heads 👀💁🏼‍♂️😂atm the mo going well but can’t rest on are laurels and gotta turn up each and every game with the same attitude . Thanks for the compliment 🤦‍♂️😂but too early give me a shout at Christmas when I’ve bagged 15 or so 👀👀🤙🤙🤙

Wouldn’t call it a slating Billy!! Said Waltz was a good player but annoying to play against! As his hat-trick that day proved to be fair. Fancy him for 25+ this season 👏🏼 Didn’t know he was Daves lad though 😂👍 Great lad and cracking player in his day, passed down some decent genes to Waltz by the looks of it. Think I probably did start the Waltz story off though but he’s carried it on where it counts on the pitch scoring goals else nobody would be talking about him, so well done from me Waltz 👍👏🏼

28 minutes ago, RAPPO said:

Wouldn’t call it a slating Billy!! Said Waltz was a good player but annoying to play against! As his hat-trick that day proved to be fair. Fancy him for 25+ this season 👏🏼 Didn’t know he was Daves lad though 😂👍 Great lad and cracking player in his day, passed down some decent genes to Waltz by the looks of it. Think I probably did start the Waltz story off though but he’s carried it on where it counts on the pitch scoring goals else nobody would be talking about him, so well done from me Waltz 👍👏🏼

Cheers top man rappo

Ben Waters is the sort of forward any lower table team needs. 

Any defender will turn up and think... Oh not that pain in the arse! 

Will score goals... Will run non stop... Will chatter constantly. 

There are better players around obviously but not many who influence a game like he can. 

A proper character and 100% a pantomime villain. 

Expect mouth... Expect knee slides.... Expect dives...... But also expect goals

Good for the game... Love him or not

58 minutes ago, Footy follower said:

There are better players around obviously but not many who influence a game like he can. 

Totally disagree about the lower half league side . . The waltz is a player ! and a top player at that , could and should be playing for a top Side ! And has played for a few!!!!! 
Think his off the field antics as a youngster held him back . On his day he’s right up there with the very best around here . Just doesn’t or hasn’t done it consistently enough . Ask all the managers he played for , they will tell you the same . I’ve followed and known Ben for a long time and he will tell you him self , he just went off natural ability. Was out every weekend up to all sorts never trained . But in the last few years he’s matured , takes some longer than others … he’s played  all over the south west for Torpoint , ivybridge,  Cally , bovey , Barnstable Torpoint again , Liskeard , st Austell elberton , Launceston think I may of missed a few👀😂 if you can get him playing , any side would be lucky to have a player like the waltz . What ever u say about him off the field .(many moons ago that )  Every club he’s been at he’s been loved because he’s is a pure gentleman in and around the club , and treats each club respectfully and bags goals as is very entertaining. If he was at A so called big team he would get hat fulls I’ve watched Bodmin and camelford a lot this year he would get 40 for a team like them ! He’s 33 now and not sure how many more years he will be going, even tho he’s looking as fit as I’ve seen him for 5 /6 years  but if ya haven’t seen him get ya selfs down to pennygillham this year you won’t be disappointed . Go on The waltz lad 👏🏻

Not many characters left like that in the game anymore  .  Used to be loads years ago when playing . But a lot the younger lads coming through seem very quiet and more reserved 

I think Shane Krac mentioned it when he hung  up his boots  for parkway  about lack of characters now around  

hopefully waltz can keep annoying managers and defenders for a while yet  

1 hour ago, Footy follower said:

Cheers mate no knee slides yet as the ground but plenty of goals.️It’s  coming into my season now so plenty of knee slides and camaaans incoming 

16 minutes ago, Slidetackletechnician said:

Totally disagree about the lower half league side . . The waltz is a player ! and a top player at that , could and should be playing for a top Side ! And has played for a few!!!!! 
Think his off the field antics as a youngster held him back . On his day he’s right up there with the very best around here . Just doesn’t or hasn’t done it consistently enough . Ask all the managers he played for , they will tell you the same . I’ve followed and known Ben for a long time and he will tell you him self , he just went off natural ability. Was out every weekend up to all sorts never trained . But in the last few years he’s matured , takes some longer than others … he’s played  all over the south west for Torpoint , ivybridge,  Cally , bovey , Barnstable Torpoint again , Liskeard , st Austell elberton , Launceston think I may of missed a few👀😂 if you can get him playing , any side would be lucky to have a player like the waltz . What ever u say about him off the field .(many moons ago that )  Every club he’s been at he’s been loved because he’s is a pure gentleman in and around the club , and treats each club respectfully and bags goals as is very entertaining. If he was at A so called big team he would get hat fulls I’ve watched Bodmin and camelford a lot this year he would get 40 for a team like them ! He’s 33 now and not sure how many more years he will be going, even tho he’s looking as fit as I’ve seen him for 5 /6 years  but if ya haven’t seen him get ya selfs down to pennygillham this year you won’t be disappointed . Go on The waltz lad 👏🏻

You didn't read what I said correctly... I said every lower half side needs him.. As in he's a player that can make a huge difference without great service or by feeding off scraps. Didn't mention whether he could do it at a top side or not 

1 hour ago, sportsman10 said:

Not many characters left like that in the game anymore  .  Used to be loads years ago when playing . But a lot the younger lads coming through seem very quiet and more reserved 

I think Shane Krac mentioned it when he hung  up his boots  for parkway  about lack of characters now around  

Legs are still turning over rather quick haha so as long as these legs work THE waltz will be out there on the pitch many more years left ️will be  The new roger boneparte 👀😂😂

2 hours ago, Footy follower said:

🤙👀️ Cheers big man 

1 hour ago, sportsman10 said:

🙌🙌🙌

Going to see the Waltz play this weekend when Launceston play Newquay at Mt Wise it will be the 2 top goalscorers in the league Ben Waters vs Jack Bray Evans my money is on Jack hes having the best season he has ever had for Newquay . I would of gone to watch the G play Bovey Tracey but i have got to go to Hayle Hospital so hopefully will be able to get up and watch Newquay play 

1 hour ago, Slidetackletechnician said:

This is literally the Waltz on a fake account talking about himself. Exactly the same writing and grammar and emoji use as above…how strange!!

20 minutes ago, Greygen said:

This is literally the Waltz on a fake account talking about himself. Exactly the same writing and grammar and emoji use as above…how strange!!

Haha very funny for one I’m not 33 was my birthday 3 days ago so im Now 34 🤙🤙 matey must not of new that haha and I can’t read or write so grammar ain’t my strong point lucky I got a iPhone and predictive text  lol 

Support and praise of your ability in any section of life is always welcomed by the recipient, whether it's on the football field or in the classroom, in fact in any area where it's warranted.
It greatly loses it's strength of purpose to offer support / praise, when the recipient joins in with posts of self appraisal, trying to explain just how good they think they are.

21 minutes ago, We Two said:

Support and praise of your ability in any section of life is always welcomed by the recipient, whether it's on the football field or in the classroom, in fact in any area where it's warranted.
It greatly loses it's strength of purpose to offer support / praise, when the recipient joins in with posts of self appraisal, trying to explain just how good they think they are.

When I have I said I’m good or I’m not just said I’ve had a good start and it’s down to the team … not just me .. I’ve only been playing this standard and above for 17 years mate …so I no my own ability and don’t have to say it to my self … cheers anyways mate we two 😀👌🏻

59 minutes ago, We Two said:

How dare an actual player come on here...haha

This is the waltz all over.. Happy to put himself up there to be shot at.. Good on him I say

Good strikers are like ‘rocking horse poo’ and Waltz fits the title of a good striker. I watched him v Camelford and in fairness he got little service but put himself in the right place time after time - and there is no doubt he will finish when given the chance.
On the Western League page there is a thread about Bowker - I would have the Waltz every time over him - same sorts of player but without the screaming every time he is tackled. 
I think every team needs a front man who will worry defenders and score goals - teams like Camelford have to rely on everyone pitching in with goals - which is why it’s great to get Mark Gusterson back from St Blazey - another ‘older’ player who knows what to do in the box, especially playing in front of a young team with energy and talent that can supply the service a quality striker needs. 

21 hours ago, Greygen said:

Greygen I can assure u that I’m not the waltz 😂 , I’m 10 years older than him.  I’ve know waltzy for years , I played with him in his early years , at torpoint and Liskeard And bere when he helped us out !!! Will always stick up for the lad so sorry if I sound a bit biased.

20 hours ago, The waltz said:

Haha very funny for one I’m not 33 was my birthday 3 days ago so im Now 34 🤙🤙 matey must not of new that haha and I can’t read or write so grammar ain’t my strong point lucky I got a iPhone and predictive text  lol 

Sorry waltzy Happy Birthday 34 wow, Remember when u was 16/ 17.  Still the same . Go bang some goals in now .shut the haters up