Cornwall Football Forum

Post now not showing re Falmouth v St Blazey match

46 minutes ago, Mike Odgers said:

A much more level headed viewpoint of this isolated incident from the Editor of this weeks Falmouth Packet

payslips 1091.jpg

Might be level-headed but he does have a vested interest in giving Falmouth good press and courting the favour of locals. Nobody is saying that it wasn't an isolated incident but if you continue to stick your head in the sand and pretend that it will never happen again and so the club does not need to take precautions in future, then sadly you are all being naïve at best and irresponsible at worst. Everybody likes to see the F-troop in all their glory but the bigger picture must be seen.

1 hour ago, St Darren said:

The St Blazey statement that was posted on Twitter I thought was awful. 

The fact that they used it in also mentioning that some of their officials were verbally attacked by Falmouth Town fans

6D0B42CE-DD59-4B0B-BB01-B049BC38E6DD.jpeg

14BAEC01-9574-4211-B25A-A80CBEC1DB67.jpeg

6AE2407F-2DE9-496F-9E0D-21E2CEB95D74.jpeg

I quite agree Darren. Personally I think whoever wrote that statement should have read it through a few times and thought about it especially the last paragraph .

20 minutes ago, mattelot said:

I quite agree Darren. Personally I think whoever wrote that statement should have read it through a few times and thought about it especially the last paragraph .

I agree that the last paragraph might be mis - timed but it does demonstrate how toxic the atmosphere had become and this coupled with the photo of the fan using inciting hand gestures shows lessons have got to be learnt. Fingers crossed it was an isolated incident

I wasn’t going to comment on this thread as it is best left for the League and CCFA to deal with the issue - but I am surprised how this has swung around. 

There are lessons to be learned for those clubs that attract big crowds and perhaps the likes of Falmouth may need to look at match day stewards, if for no other reason than to protect themselves should incidents like this happen, a shame that they are needed but who knew this would happen in the SWPL. 

However, below is a tweet put on St Blazey’s official site PRIOR to the game:

“It’s a big one! We travel in numbers to @Falmouth_Town on Saturday in the @swpleague Plenty making the trip for this one to try and compete with the F Troop”

St Blazey only usually travel with a modest number of supporters. Someone at the club (from previous eateries, the manager), knew that a large group of men were going to attend the game to ‘challenge’ the F Troop in ‘their support’.  What did they expect was going to happen with a large group of (Argyle) adult men supporters, who would obviously have a few beers before the game? These individuals were clearly drafted in to compete with the F Troop and we have seen the result - and unfortunately one can only guess at the conversations in the pub in Plymouth to gee this group up to travel down from Plymouth. Someone in the St Blazey club should be held accountable for that, if not by the CCFA then by the club.

On a more positive note, I personally don’t think that the F Troop or Falmouth team have been tarnished by this incident - and they can be assured of a warm welcome at Camelford tomorrow (or I’m sure any other clubs), who love having true local football supporters at their games.

1 hour ago, Bobjfh said:

I wasn’t going to comment on this thread as it is best left for the League and CCFA to deal with the issue - but I am surprised how this has swung around. 

There are lessons to be learned for those clubs that attract big crowds and perhaps the likes of Falmouth may need to look at match day stewards, if for no other reason than to protect themselves should incidents like this happen, a shame that they are needed but who knew this would happen in the SWPL. 

“It’s a big one! We travel in numbers to @Falmouth_Town on Saturday in the @swpleague Plenty making the trip for this one to try and compete with the F Troop”

St Blazey only usually travel with a modest number of supporters. Someone at the club (from previous eateries, the manager), knew that a large group of men were going to attend the game to ‘challenge’ the F Troop in ‘their support’.  What did they expect was going to happen with a large group of (Argyle) adult men supporters, who would obviously have a few beers before the game? These individuals were clearly drafted in to compete with the F Troop and we have seen the result - and unfortunately one can only guess at the conversations in the pub in Plymouth to gee this group up to travel down from Plymouth. Someone in the St Blazey club should be held accountable for that, if not by the CCFA then by the club.

On a more positive note, I personally don’t think that the F Troop or Falmouth team have been tarnished by this incident - and they can be assured of a warm welcome at Camelford tomorrow (or I’m sure any other clubs), who love having true local football supporters at their games.

Hit the nail 100% on the head here. The person accountable for getting this arranged knows exactly who they are, so do both clubs, as from what I was told last night at the 'Pyramid' so do the club sponsor's. This could be a travesty. Please don't lose all the years of good work, effort, friends & sponsorship for the sake of one individual. I already know of 3 people  who are not attending Saturdays game until the situation is resolved, & the perpetrators dismissed by the club.  Be prepared for the CCFA charges to be inforced very soon. 

9 hours ago, The Town Man said:

Anyone who was there would agree that limiting the response to one hand gesture showed a massive restraint from the F-Troop. Definitely NOT 6 of one and half-a-dozen of the other!

People give fingers gestures virtually every day, it is part of life so just live with it.

10 hours ago, silly billy said:

I don't normally agree with a lot that you say, but this I do! 

There are always two sides to one story.

Time to put this to bed it just goes on and on its just 1 isolated incident ,St Blazey is a fantastic club with lovely people there ,onto Falmouth F Troops they are brilliant they bring atmosphere to the grounds havv seen them many times and they make me laugh with the great songs they sing and the banter they give out ,think me and Smokie will call ourselves the G Troop but dont think it will be the same .Ok thats enough of that enjoy your footy this weekend i will be at the big match at St Austell im getting excited about this match im going for a 2-1 win to Helston Liam Eddy coming on a s a sub for Helston and getting the winner . Have a good day im off to the hospital i just as well book in down there ,so glad i got my local football to watch it gets me through the week .

9 hours ago, Bobjfh said:

Bobjfh, the tweet said “compete with the F Troop”, which I’m sure many SWPL clubs would like to have the supporters to do. Suddenly you interpret this to mean “challenge” which has an altogether different meaning. Then you allow your imagination to run free with scenarios for which there is no evidence at all.

Stick to writing fiction, you seem to have a talent in that direction!

PS How do you know what goes on in the managers eateries? I didn’t even know that he ran a café!